Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams & Liberty (Libby) German - The Delphi Murders - #151 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Indiana State Police will be joined at the briefing by Carroll County Prosecutor Nicholas McLeland, Sheriff Tobe Leazenby, family members of the girls and a representative of the U.S. Marshal Service.

The FBI, which played a lead role in the opening days of the investigation, will not be represented at the briefing.

BBM, FBI will not be present at the PC. Is this unusual or to be expected?

Don’t know if this was previously reported, but they also seized his car during the search at his house last week.

Good recap there, including the various types of charges he could face.

People were wondering about the involvement of the US Marshals, and that's addressed too:

The FBI, which played a lead role in the opening days of the investigation, will not be represented at the briefing.

The U.S. Marshal typically tracks fugitives or wanted suspects who flee across state lines to avoid apprehension, though neither criteria which would accurately describe events surrounding Allen’s arrest last week.

Marshals do, however, often provide electronic device tracking and analysis expertise to local investigations.

What is everyone expecting/ not expecting from tomorrow's presser? Final thoughts?
I’m expecting LE to simply announce his name and what he is charged with. Apart from that I don’t think they’ll reveal anything else. They’ll most likely just thank the public for their help etc. Tell us that they can’t release anymore info so as to not jeopardise any trial that may take place.
I also expect the families are speaking just to thank everyone for the work they’ve done over the years to get to this day. JMO

I’m expecting LE to simply announce his name and what he is charged with. Apart from that I don’t think they’ll reveal anything else. They’ll most likely just thank the public for their help etc. Tell us that they can’t release anymore info so as to not jeopardise any trial that may take place.
I also just expect the families are speaking just to thank everyone for the work they’ve done over the years to get to this day. JMO
If the arrest was a result of their actual investigations, they'll be braying about it from the rooftops and we'll get a good bit of info.

If it was a lucky break, they'll be tight lipped as they have all along to "protect the integrity of the case".

What is everyone expecting/ not expecting from tomorrow's presser? Final thoughts?
IMO I honestly think that foremost in the minds of LE and the DA will be to protect the integrity of the case. We may get a few tidbits of info, maybe a one or two long awaited answers, but I doubt we'll get everything we want. That will come during the trial.

This part is so sad :

In it, the agent revealed that the girls had lost “a lot” of blood during their deaths and that their killer is believed to have moved and staged their bodies, before taking some sort of souvenir from the scene.

For the first time, the warrant also revealed that the teenagers had been killed by some type of weapon. The word for the weapon was redacted in the document.

The murderer would have been covered in the victims’ blood in the aftermath of the slayings due to the “large amount of blood was lost by the victims at the crime scene”, it reads.

“Because of the nature of the victim’s wounds, it is nearly certain the perpetrator of the crime would have gotten blood on his person/clothing.”
emphasis mine

Hopefully charges of cruelty will be added ?
M00.

Last edited:
If the girls’ families are going to be there, as well as USMS agents, that surely hints to the announcement being both significant *and* detailed. I.e why have the USMS present at a press conference if they’re not going to say anything? And if they have something to say it’s likely to be in the nitty-gritty area - as that’s what those guys work with. JMO.

He may have taken the back road from his house right up to Deer Creek near the Monon High Bridge.

Do any locals know how easy it would be to drive up to here, park your car and access the Bridge from this location?

It shows this as under 2 miles from his house with map below.

It looks like he was right under LE's nose the entire time.

View attachment 376795

Question 1: does anyone know if anything, be it the parking lot, or the bridge, are seen from RA’s house?
Question 2: yes, maybe back roads. Or a bicycle? It seems that he was quite equipped on the bridge, so, unlikely he went on foot. So he should have parked somewhere close by, but are there small back roads that he could have used?

Don’t know if this was previously reported, but they also seized his car during the search at his house last week.

I wonder what they thought they might find in it? Transfer evidence? A trophy?

If the arrest was a result of their actual investigations, they'll be braying about it from the rooftops and we'll get a good bit of info.

If it was a lucky break, they'll be tight lipped as they have all along to "protect the integrity of the case".

I personally think it was just a lucky break (possibly after someone who’s already in custody talked and gave them RA’s name) but I suspect they’ll tell us it was a result of the many years worth of hard detective work, and yes while it may very well be that too but *something* big has happened recently for them to finally get the break the case they needed IMO. I just want to know what it is!

still want to know what his charges are!
I was just thinking…have we ever seen this before? Someone is arrested, but the charges are withheld from the public. For days. I mean, I totally understand not having the press conference until Monday. But, isn’t it odd to not have any details of the charges? JMO

Damn, I wish we had more than a sentence on this so we had a better feel for what's going on.

My assumption is that he lawyered up and shut down, which is something I wouldn't generally expect from an innocent person.

Hard disagree. I'd say the more innocent you are, the more you need a lawyer. Too many innocent people go to jail by helping the investigators construct a plausible story about how they could have possibly done it which gives them leverage to increase the pressure on the suspect until they crack.

A lot of guilty people think they are smarter than they police. Those people can't wait to talk. A lawyer probably isn't going to help them much anyhow beyond possibly reducing the charges in a plea deal.

I was just thinking…have we ever seen this before? Someone is arrested, but the charges are withheld from the public. For days. I mean, I totally understand not having the press conference until Monday. But, isn’t it odd to not have any details of the charges? JMO
Yes. The police and DA have 72 hours to present charges for the arrest. No court on the weekend, so it’s Monday, and this is the reason there is the saying “Felony Friday” meaning an arrest on Friday gives the police time to finish up their case for arrest.

Exactly. He has gotten away with it for so long why would he just confess now. I don’t feel like they’ll ever be able to “break” him enough to get the truth IMO.
Indiana is a death penalty state. If they have DNA evidence from the home search or something else that directly links him to the crime, his tune could change quickly. If in fact RA is the killer and there is direct evidence linking him to this, then the State could offer him a plea bargain to avoid the DP - ala Chris Watts.

It would save the State a long and expensive trial and would save his family from this as well. But most importantly, they take DP off the table provided they get a guilty plea. Not saying this will happen, but when faced with the very real possibility of literally dying at the hands of the State for your crime or avoid your family having to witness that and pleading guilty, it's a tossup of what a man will do.

Yes. The police and DA have 72 hours to present charges for the arrest. No court on the weekend, so it Monday, and this the reason there is the saying “Felony Friday” meaning an arrest on Friday gives the police time to finish up their case for arrest.
Absolutely this. LE has spent so much time on this case and appear to be so close that it makes absolute sense to cross all your t's & dot all your i's to make 100% certain you follow all procedures and catalog all paperwork here because if RA is the killer you want to give him zero wiggle room for an appeal, mistrial or other unfavorable result to the families of A&L.

I strongly support what they're doing. Take your time and get it right and if this is the guy, make it so he dies behind prison walls with no chance to wrangle out of it. I appreciate they are being methodical to put the legal vice grip on this guy.

Among other things, of interest from the list of things the US Marshals Service does besides catch fugitives:

- run the Federal witness protection program (!!);
- assist LEAs in finding and recovering missing children.

I’ll let others speculate further. But my mind goes to someone - possibly KAK - who came through as a significant witness and thus may require protection (or indeed someone else in a similar position).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members