Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So they could have been met with peers.
They could have met someone they were chatting with online. "Secret BF?" Shades of Nicolle lovelle?
Ran into people maybe doing something bad in the woods?
Or ran into a bad person that was a stranger?
Or suicide or accident? But Le is saying suspected foul play. Hmmm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I saw this case come in my feed last night on facebook. It was in the trending news. (Im in the Uk) First and foremost my heart goes out to the families and friends and the whole community. It seems from reading the posts that it is a quite small community. Hopefully that will help the investigation (people knowing everyone and all that)
I was struck by the use of the LE's use of the words 'Know whats going on in their lives too" I think they might have a solid idea what has happened and they are waiting for the Post mortem to confirm this.
Sad whatever the outcome. They both remind me of me and my cousin who used to wander the fields and trails near our homes as kids and never worried.
I just hope this is solved, if only for a some closure. (of sorts) for the families.

They could have met someone they were chatting with online. "Secret BF?" Shades of Nicolle lovelle?

yep could be anything...

I just keep coming back to this...."know what’s going on in their lives" ...

True in all families with young children, especially with teens.....they (authorities) know way more than we do.....I think they might have an idea what might have happened...at least I hope so.

Would a M/S still be considered foul play? I just have a hard time with that one because I don't see how one could conceal a weapon without the other knowing.

My son is now 22 and he took me on one heck of a ride. I was pretty overprotective as my parents weren't. And well I had my son at 17. I wasn't going to be a grandma so I did things different.
When my son was 13 he snuck out of our house and went out all night and snuck back in before I awoke. I had no clue but he left his fb chat open and when I sat down with my coffee I read all the plans for the night.
I was so shocked!!! He was fine but I was really a under my nose parent and my son got away with soooo much without me knowing. Kids are so crafty and my son is now 22. This is almost 10 years ago. Gahhhh. Bless all you parents with youngins.

I am not sure that it is too far of a distance to be same perps. They may have moved after their Iowa crimes to start in new hunting grounds?

If let's say the person in Lyric and Elizabeth's murder was a long distance truck driver or traveling sales person who traveled frequently around the Midwest, it is very possible that they would of drove along I-380 and Meyer's Lake before going to Indiana. However, the location of where Lyric and Elizabeth was found, tells me the person had to be very familiar with where it was. https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Del...117455397fd68ea!2m2!1d-92.281017!2d42.4691543

I haven't followed lyric and Elizabeth's case too much. Wouldn't it be very weird for the same perp to stumble on Abigail and Liberty on a random what should be school day walk? Unless of course the perp was watching them online I guess? I should read the other case but sooo many threads. No clue where to start. Poor girls. Families with no answers. If I recall were they cousins as well? Lyric and Elizabeth?

I haven't followed lyric and Elizabeth's case too much. Wouldn't it be very weird for the same perp to stumble on Abigail and Liberty on a random what should be school day walk? Unless of course the perp was watching them online I guess? I should read the other case but sooo many threads. No clue where to start. Poor girls. Families with no answers. If I recall were they cousins as well? Lyric and Elizabeth?

It might not be that weird that they came upon the girls. Lot of these tragic cases are just 'opportunistic' situations. Predatory perps out looking for young victims, alone and vulnerable. If no one else happens to be there as witnesses, at that exact moment, they spring into action. Wrong place, wrong time for the victims, in many of these cases. JMO

If let's say the person in Lyric and Elizabeth's murder was a long distance truck driver or traveling sales person who traveled frequently around the Midwest, it is very possible that they would of drove along I-380 and Meyer's Lake before going to Indiana. However, the location of where Lyric and Elizabeth was found, tells me the person had to be very familiar with where it was. https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Del...117455397fd68ea!2m2!1d-92.281017!2d42.4691543

All true. The perps in the Iowa case were probably very familiar with that area. But I do think that a lot of people have friends and family spread throughout the midwest area. They may have been familiar with both areas. Or simply moved from Iowa after their vicious crimes, and settled in this area?

Okay when blowing this up I do see a possible person just behind her to the left. Wearing hoodi, maybe a backpack.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk
I see what you do but think if it was a person, that person would be very very tall. I think it is dark tree branches.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

If the autopsy was scheduled for 8 this morning, how long before we could hear anything?

It depends on how the girls died I think they would not release how they died if it was a critical part of a murder investigation.

I haven't followed either. Came across their thread long after and didn't have the heart.

I wonder, can anyone with a working knowledge of their crime perhaps provide a few bullet points for comparison?

TIA.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

It depends on how the girls died I think they would not release how they died if it was a critical part of a murder investigation.

I expect the cause of death will not be released, and only manner of death will be.

Journalist just tweeted this & said there are some updates in it. Haven't read yet

http://www.jconline.com/story/news/crime/2017/02/15/police-tracking-down-100s-tips/97940616/

The people here believe the bodies were 13-year-olds Liberty German and Abigail Williams, who had spent part of Monday afternoon hiking the Historic Trails east of town.Asked about suspects, Riley said, "There is nobody of interest at this point in time that we can say."
People from the community here created a Facebook page to discuss the disturbing turn of events.

It sounds as if they are saying this only because until the girls are I.D ed that they cant have a suspect 'Officially. However maybe in a different point in time they will be able to say.?? Am I reaching?

My son is now 22 and he took me on one heck of a ride. I was pretty overprotective as my parents weren't. And well I had my son at 17. I wasn't going to be a grandma so I did things different.
When my son was 13 he snuck out of our house and went out all night and snuck back in before I awoke. I had no clue but he left his fb chat open and when I sat down with my coffee I read all the plans for the night.
I was so shocked!!! He was fine but I was really a under my nose parent and my son got away with soooo much without me knowing. Kids are so crafty and my son is now 22. This is almost 10 years ago. Gahhhh. Bless all you parents with youngins.

After reading this case and that the park was somewhat well visited and a place for teenagers I had my thoughts leaning more toward them secretly arranging to meet someone.

Girls and boys at 13 are awkward looking and know it and it takes a toll on their self-esteem-especially for girls. They also still think like children in their maturing bodies and do not always imagine the consequences of their actions.

This is why so many predators seek this age group because they can manipulate them and know they are old enough to successfully hide things from the parents and would not mind hiding some things as much as younger ages. The breaking away from authority is also something else going on which sucks for parents.

One or more manipulative pervert could talk them in to meeting. He gets there before they do, sets up his camp or whatever out of the way of hikers and gets them to go there. Probably gives them some alcohol or drugs to subdue them or just one and then has a couple hours to take his time with them. He could be behind the camera for all we know.

Just speculating here but I was thinking whether they knew the POI online or in person they knew him somehow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member