IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 13, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It appears that in this picture this man in walking in an area similar to the girls. I wonder if people who were at the park that day were asked to look at any pictures they had taken and see if they noticed anything? And then BOOM.....this shows a man somewhere in the background walking around? Interesting.......

ETA: It seems like the picture of the man is from either A: a very grainy surv cam or B: it's blown up from another picture. JMO

His shirt? Looks like he was was on the bridge? Now who took that picture and why?

Do the police have the girls' phones? I read that the phones stopped pinging, but I don't know if the phones have been recovered.

Is that the handle of a plastic bag poking out the top of his jacket?

You have different scenarios that need to be considered:

1) The girls told people via social media that they were going to the bridge, and a total stranger followed them online, and then also followed them to the bridge, knowing they would make an appearance that day.

2) The girls told people via social media that they were going to the bridge, and someone they were familiar with sprang a trap on them.

I'd like to reiterate that snapchat photos posted on your story are at the very least public to your entire friend list and there is an option to have it public to everyone. There were maybe 5 minutes maximum between the time she took the photo and the time she uploaded it to her story, realistically more like 1-2. Meaning anyone who saw those photos knew that both Liberty and Abigail were at that very recognizable bridge at that very moment.

I can't stop checking on this one. It reminds me so much of Lizzie and Lyric in IA. That case still breaks my heart. Bolding stuff that catches my attention in particular - sorry for posting stuff you guys have already read as I catch up with the day's news.

Sgt. Kim Riley said parents should keep a close eye on their children. “I think people need to be cautious and careful,” Riley said. “Parents should make sure they know where their children are and what their children are doing, and if nothing else, know what’s going on in their lives. That’s the most important thing I can say at this point in time.”

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/02/15/bodies-found-in-indiana-are-those-missing-girls-police-say.html

The girls haven’t answered their phones since around the time they went missing.

“Missing, abducted, we don’t know for sure,” said Patty.” The cellphone has been pinging around town – and here there is a cellphone tower – but the ping was last noted around five to six hours ago. And they say the phone is now dead.”

http://wlfi.com/2017/02/14/community-continues-to-search-for-missing-teens-in-carroll-county/ published February 14, 2017, 5:27 am

ETA I wish I knew when Liberty;s grandfather made that statement about the phone pings. It reads as if it was made at a time when the girls were still missing and prior to the bodies being found. If so - is it possible that he is referencing phone activity on the afternoon they went missing and while the phone was still with the girls?

On Facebook someone said this picture came from a trail camera.

What's on his pants under his jacket? Is that just a shadow? It looks sort of rust-colored or red.

I was actually drawn to that same color and spot. It doesn't look like another shirt, to me, because it looks like his right hand is in his jean pocket and the reddish rust color is under that. My brain is going to believe it is a shadow or pixelation in the photo. He looks awfully calm to have blood on him yet. And I don't see anywhere else.

Looks like a trail cam type photo! I really hope they do have cams. They probably know a whoooole lot, if they do! We need to research that. lol

Sorry I wonder who took the picture of the male posted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RSBM

I was thinking it was taken from a trail cam ?
Would they have those set up there ?
From the angle ...it looked like a camera mounted higher up on a telephone pole or a tree. Imo.

Is that the handle of a plastic bag poking out the top of his jacket?

Well dang it I was convinced that it was his hoodie sticking out, but now that you said baggies handle that's all I'm seeing

Justice for Susan Winters.

Thanks God the internet didn't exists when I was a teenager...............I have a feeling my life would have turned out a whole lot differently than it did.........for all kinds of reasons, but mainly bad.

Agree 100%. Who knew 3 channels using tin foil and rabbit ears was such a blessing!

Or just needing to be home "when the street lights come on"

Justice for Susan Winters.

I was actually drawn to that same color and spot. It doesn't look like another shirt, to me, because it looks like his right hand is in his jean pocket and the reddish rust color is under that. My brain is going to believe it is a shadow or pixelation in the photo. He looks awfully calm to have blood on him yet. And I don't see anywhere else.

Looks like a trail cam type photo! I really hope they do have cams. They probably know a whoooole lot, if they do! We need to research that. lol

RSBM

Just for fun last week when I couldn't sleep-- I looked up a YT vid. of creepy-ish photos taken from trail cams-- but most if not all of the photos were taken from only about waist height , or a bit higher.

Some of those photos looked as if faked or someone goofing around ; tbh. :)

I can't help but wonder if this area is a known "hang out" for teens. I mean it's pretty isolated and away from parental supervision. Any locals know?

I am not a local but parks and hiking trail areas are popular these days with teens. With all the technology and videos kids create these days with their phones have made these areas a hot spot to meet up and hang out.

On Facebook someone said this picture came from a trail camera.

IF that is true it's good to know that there are trail cameras out there. Hopefully this will bring a quick arrest and some swift justice for these two beautiful girls.

Praying this man is caught soon. I am leaning towards a random encounter. This man seen them get dropped off then followed them. my thoughts so far anyways

RSBM

I was thinking it was taken from a trail cam ?
Would they have those set up there ?
From the angle ...it looked like a camera mounted higher up on a telephone pole or a tree. Imo.

I mount my game cameras way up high, I also built steel lockable boxes that could be chained and lag bolted to the trees. Why ? Thieving little %$#@^%$ !!! like to steal the cameras.

I also live in a small town (with nothing to do), and around here you see teenagers either; on their front lawns or in the street, Whataburger at 3 in the morning, or the ~20 miles worth of nature trails and woods that line the lake we live on which is in walking distance of almost the entire town. From what I gather it seems pretty similar to Delphi which is why I don't find it unusual in the slightest for them to be chilling out there. That is exactly how it is in my town.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ZogNCat