IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 13, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you trenchmouth! I am just going to stop torturing myself with that picture. I don't want to see something that isn't really there. I suppose if one stares at it long enough and is trying to see something, they will. Thanks again for your input, I agree with you on that one 100%!
👍

I downloaded the photo and zoomed in and out and see what everyone sees but don't think it is a person.

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

I am curious about the phone pings as well. After thinking about it for a bit and reading that the pings were "around town" it just makes me think one or both of their phones were taken. IF that is the case, it makes me rethink it being a man posing as a younger boy. One would think an adult would know that phones ping and can be tracked but I suppose that is not always the case. I would just think that somebody who is younger would not know so much about phone pings. Ugh, it would be really REALLY sad to find out these girls were hurt simply for a cell phone??? To me that would truly point to a young person(s). Sadly I have read so many stories of youngsters killing each other over material objects. Makes me sick to my stomach to even think it could be over something like that.......

I believe I read somewhere that their bodies were found about 1/2 mile from the bridge? I can't seem to find where I saw that though so please take that with a grain of salt unless I can find that article I read. I also believe it stated they were UP stream as well. I took that to mean that they had to of been placed or left there. I guess it would be hard for their bodies to travel UP stream, correct?

I believe I read somewhere that their bodies were found about 1/2 mile from the bridge? I can't seem to find where I saw that though so please take that with a grain of salt unless I can find that article I read. I also believe it stated they were UP stream as well. I took that to mean that they had to of been placed or left there. I guess it would be hard for their bodies to travel UP stream, correct?

0.8 miles is what I remember. Yes up stream. But maybe they hiked there and were attacked right there?

I even walked all the way across the bridge and back. I only (saw) a guy when I first got there and another couple once I got on the bridge,” Cheyenne Mekisha Engles wrote. “I didn’t see the girls at all. I also didn’t take the trail that leads to the right. Only took the trail that lead to the bridge.”

From the Heavy article.... I sure hope she got a good look at the "guy"! I bet she's scared she was so close.

And I saw mention of the upstream in this article and another article has pins, so I think that memory is correct.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

Here's the quote from the police chief.

“I think people are smart enough in our community to draw their own conclusions about what they should feel and shouldn’t feel,” Delphi Police Chief Steve Mullin replied. “Our people are very smart. They are a very good community and they are very strong. And they are able to draw their own conclusions about this whole situation I think quite successfully.”

WTH does that mean!? Irresponsible if you ask me. Why do we need to read between the lines!? If there is a killer on the lose why wouldn't he just say to lock your doors, hide your wife, hide your kids etc.?

Am I to assume it means whoever killed them are not a threat to others? Maybe classmates? Or could this possibly be a murder suicide? How close were they?

SMH

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

Elainera, you are most likely correct. I just can't remember where I saw 1/2 mile. It might have been an entirely different thread, I follow so many here. Silly me, yes, duh! You are probably correct about them hiking there as well. That is certainly easier than possibly placing them there. Don't know why that simple theory didn't cross my mind. I think I need some sleep!

So, if they were found 0.8 miles up stream, about how long of a walk would that be? I just can't seem to think. Maybe a 10 minute walk if they were walking at a normal leisurely rate? According to the article they were dropped off right before 3 p.m. They were reported missing at 5:30 p.m. when they didn't show up for pick up. I wonder what time they were getting picked up? I am just trying to think about how long I would look for the girls if I was there for pick up and they didn't show up on time. Did the person picking them up get out and search around the park or trails at all? Was someone trying to reach the girls by phone? I wonder if they were suppose to be picked up at 5 p.m. and whoever (mom?) spent a half hour looking for them and then decided to call the police? It seems as though they were responsible girls and it would stand to reason that mom would of been pretty panicked and scared when they weren't showing up or answering phone calls and or text messages. I know that would really set me off in a tizzy if my kids were that late and not answering phone calls or messages. So many questions. These poor babies.....my youngest daughter is their age and I am always so worried about her and social media. I keep a very tight leash on all 3 of my kiddos with social media but her especially.

Yes! That quote from LE is just mind boggling. If I was a citizen of that town I think I would be in an outrage at that response. It seems as though some locals are. I just can't accept that answer. What does it mean?

I never even thought about a murder suicide scenario. I am not sure if anyone here has heard of the "Slenderman stabbing" in Waukesha Wisconsin? I live about 45 minutes away from where that took place. It is a scary thought what young kids can do to each other. Those girls were only 12 and look what they did to their "friend". I suppose there are so many different things that could of gone down that it truly blows my mind. What those 2 girls did to please an online fictional character is beyond my comprehension but to those 2 girls, they were doing something that they seemed to truly believe in. As crazy as it sounds......

dyannaON it would stand to reason in such a small town that most people probably had some knowledge of it, I would think? That is a good question.

I don't see the person in the photo, but there's sure a creepy vibe to it. Probably just from knowing what was about to happen.

I kind of think he was saying that 2 girls went missing and are dead. Yes. People can automatically assume there is danger around. But they never want to say to be extra vigilant and scare people. I don't know. Being cryptic isn't helping. People have kids and they are rightfully worried.

And exactly what I was thinking. They were probably getting picked up after the ride got off work. They look like very reliable girls, so when they weren't there and weren't answering, the missing call probably went out within 30 minutes. How terrifying.

mpnola, I totally get what you are saying, for sure. I just think that if I was living in that town and that is what I was told I would be so angry. I guess he could of just said something along the lines of "just be aware and keep a close eye on your kids". That might not evoke panic while also saying we really don't know what we got here yet.....JMO. Someone local up thread had said there was also a house fire last year sometime that killed 4 children and it was ruled arson. I would imagine people are worried, as you said. Terrible tragedies in that small town. It's sad.

Such a heartbreaking and shocking case. Broad daylight, in a lovely place that a lot of locals routinely go to hike and relax. This is such a tragic shock for the families and the entire town. Two beautiful young girls, taken , for no reason at all....:rose: :rose:

trenchmouth said:
Looks like a Sasquatch. Seriously I still don't think it's a person.

LOL. My first thought was yowie (Australian yeti). Sorry, needed to find some humour while reading this. Such a waste. What a world we live in where kids cannot be kids.

mpnola, I totally get what you are saying, for sure. I just think that if I was living in that town and that is what I was told I would be so angry. I guess he could of just said something along the lines of "just be aware and keep a close eye on your kids". That might not evoke panic while also saying we really don't know what we got here yet.....JMO. Someone local up thread had said there was also a house fire last year sometime that killed 4 children and it was ruled arson. I would imagine people are worried, as you said. Terrible tragedies in that small town. It's sad.
I woukd be angry, too. These are kids. He should be honest with the parents and community. They don't need extra confusion.

I can't stop thinking about these two sweet girls. They had their whole lives ahead of them. My oldest daughter is 13 in May, to lose her like this would just tear me apart forever.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member