IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 13, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
WHO is the "family member" who was supposed to pick them up? If it was a parent why not say mom or dad was supposed to pick them up or grandma or grandpa....my first thought and first puzzle is with this family member.........

Noodling around on Facebook, there are some complicated relationships. I think it's a privacy thing - and with the FBI now involved, if by chance the family member was somehow involved, that will come out. I really doubt it.

They appear to be with a slightly more centered angle on the one with just the bridge, imo.

Just read from locals who have been there that the camera shots are looking in opposite directions.

I briefly considered this as well, but the phone wouldn't have been pinging around town if it were a murder-suicide, I wouldn't think. How far is "town" from this hiking location? I mean, the girls wouldn't have been "hiking" in and out of town, right? Seems to reason someone else had their phones at some point.

They were found about 2 miles as the crow flies from the center of Delphi, so very close to town. They could have walked to town or they could have caught a ride into town pretty easily in a short amount of time and still made it back to their scheduled pick up location around 3 or 4. I haven't seen any information about the pick-up time being a set time. Were they supposed to call when they made it to that area or was it a designated time they were supposed to be picked up?

------------------

Can someone familiar with Snapchat tell me if that 2:07 time stamp can be "faked"? For instance, if I took a picture on Snapchat now and saved it, could I then post or send it to someone at 2:07 to get that time stamp? Or could I add a 2:07 time stamp at any time?

The phone pings in town are interesting, but how accurate are they? They may have been within a mile east of town center at any point that afternoon. Obviously pings from the west side of town would be more concerning. Even more so if cell phones aren't found.

It seems that with winter break going on, many kids would have been texting throughout the day. I think phone records will help tighten down the timeline even more.

Also, Delphi locals, are the trails likely just known to locals or do they bring in people from farther away?

Per Wikipedia, the most recent population numbers for Delphi are 2888-2893 (depending on which source (chamber of commerce) you're reading. It says 25.9% of the population are under 18. Pretty small town, large kid population. A large percentage of these people are going to know each other or know of each other thru community events. The kids are going to know each other. I feel for the community for their loss and their fear that someone in their small group could be capable of something like this. Hopefully we'll know more later today.

I briefly considered this as well, but the phone wouldn't have been pinging around town if it were a murder-suicide, I wouldn't think. How far is "town" from this hiking location? I mean, the girls wouldn't have been "hiking" in and out of town, right? Seems to reason someone else had their phones at some point.

If there's only one cell phone tower in the area, or even with two, it's not usually possible to get a precise location for the pings. So the comment about pinging around town might not mean that the phone was moving, it might just mean that it never left the immediate area.

If there's only one cell phone tower in the area, or even with two, it's not usually possible to get a precise location for the pings. So the comment about pinging around town might not mean that the phone was moving, it might just mean that it never left the immediate area.

Makes sense, especially with the previous post about how small the town is (population wise, so I assume geographically as well).

^^This makes the most sense to me as well.

Can't find the map in this thread and don't know what I'm looking at in Google Maps - how close does the major highway - I-25? - run to where the bodies were found? If it was a stranger and crime of opportunity, they were in the woods for whatever reason, the quickest, unnoticed escape is on a major highway or interstate. Possible? Wishful thinking on my part?

Can't find the map in this thread and don't know what I'm looking at in Google Maps - how close does the major highway - I-25? - run to where the bodies were found? If it was a stranger and crime of opportunity, they were in the woods for whatever reason, the quickest, unnoticed escape is on a major highway or interstate. Possible? Wishful thinking on my part?

Here's a pointer to the map:

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/...the-two-bodies-were-found-near-delphi-indiana

The Indychannel website is a great reference. They have a list of all their broadcasts about the case, a pointer to a timeline, the pictures of the bridge, and a bunch of other reference stuff that might be useful later. http://www.theindychannel.com/news/...-in-carroll-county-official-says-its-not-good

Here is a fairly short video of a guy walking across the bridge. You can see the posts that keep vehicles from crossing are only on one end

[video=youtube;edK8DJVW890]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edK8DJVW890[/video]

WHO is the "family member" who was supposed to pick them up? If it was a parent why not say mom or dad was supposed to pick them up or grandma or grandpa....my first thought and first puzzle is with this family member.........
I have been wondering this since they went missing.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Here is a fairly short video of a guy walking across the bridge. You can see the posts that keep vehicles from crossing are only on one end

[video=youtube;edK8DJVW890]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edK8DJVW890[/video]
I didn't realise how dangerous this bridge is. No way I would walk across this bridge.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I blew up the pic, I don't see anything but pixelation.

I get such an awful feeling about this case and Idk what it is, apart from the obvious loss of 2 young precious lives.

I'm thinking more than one perp. Were the girls lured to their death by a group of other girls? Does anyone else get that vibe?

I blew up the pic, I don't see anything but pixelation.

I get such an awful feeling about this case and Idk what it is, apart from the obvious loss of 2 young precious lives.

I'm thinking more than one perp. Were the girls lured to their death by a group of other girls? Does anyone else get that vibe?

No, I don't, but I think anything is possible.

This bridge is 50 feet in the air. Not possible for a person to be standing in the trees to the side.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk
From the image of the picture that was on snapchat, it looks like it was much closer to the end of the bridge and the other pictures.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member