IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 13, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand why they were there. I wanted to know how often... this is usually not something theyre called in for. Homeland security typically sticks with crimes with immigrants involved and mass violence such as school shootings.

It was planned into the school calendar to have the day off from school.

I understand why they were there. I wanted to know how often... this is usually not something theyre called in for. Homeland security typically sticks with crimes with immigrants involved and mass violence such as school shootings.

Which post are you responding to?

All it would take for the perp to know the girls were there is snapchat. That's it. He doesn't need to have stalked their other social media. If Liberty has a public story? Makes it even easier. Or if she adds back almost everyone who adds her (I know I do). Perp could have added dozens or even hundreds of teen-preteen girls on snapchat. He could have seen the snap of the bridge, known with certainty they were there right then, and decided to take the opportunity. If this is the case he probably lives/works very close by.

Social media makes things even more complicated these days. It's not just girls meeting strange men online. It's being stalked unknowingly. Really, I think this has largely replaced the danger of meeting people online for several reasons. The sheriff's statement about knowing what's going on in your children's lives is absolutely 100% relevant with this.

Facebook is dying just like myspace. Now it's snapchat and instagram, two platforms that are entirely centered around visual media. Snapchat is especially focused on being updated in real time. Young teenagers don't and never will think about the consequences of posting their face and location in real time on social media for the entire world to see. It can be a real popularity contest, too, which adds even more disconnect between you and the people who look at your social media. This is all much more concerning to me than meeting people online, which is actually pretty safe these days (not necessarily for kids and not if they don't tell their parents, obviously).

Just a pre-coffee ramble here. This case is making me think about a lot.

Here in Indiana the Indiana Department of Homeland Security is called in whenever communication needs exist, for weather conditions, crime, or other needs.

It's Indiana. Our IDHS is in charge of things that might not be in other states. You can check out the IDHS website if you would like to see everything they cover.

Ditto times 100! I was a moron when AOL happened. I met all kinds of strangers (in public places) and never once thought something terrible might happen to me. a/s/l in every chat room - and never hesitated to tell the truth about where I lived, etc.

And that was just one platform. Kids now have multiple platforms and they're equally as free as I was when it comes to giving out information. On that note, I'm glad Instagram got rid of their photo map.

Who knows if there will be a social media connection here, but I will not be surprised if there is. Makes me want to delete myself entirely.

Speaking of deleting yourself...I found a lot of info about myself on this website and opted out. You may want to look yourself up on there:

http://www.familytreenow.com/optout

could it of been possible that a drone captured the picture. Maybe someone there was flying one to take video of the area. I think I have seen some on you tube where a drone was used to video the river and bridge.

Which post are you responding to?

In reply to homeland security being there. Someone posted links to what the stated reasoning behind having them in board on the case. But.... this isnt typically homeland security involvement unless it was a serial killer, mass killing... like a school shooting not just two girls, or an immigrant was involved. I know what the papers have stated as to why they have them there. I was curious as to further thoughts on it.... since to me it seems unusual, even for a small town.

The following link is why they are there..

http://wishtv.com/2017/02/17/as-poli...ether-to-help/

"Investigators picked up some help today from homeland security in Tippecanoe County. Police are using their communication satellite. Officers say this creates more phone lines and a faster internet connection."

I bet that motorcycle fundraiser has Mark Lunsford there or was inspired by one that he has done. I watched the documentary Jessie's Dad and cried so hard because they made such a mess out of that case focusing in on his family instead of the creeper across the road. He really became a crusader for children across the country.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Here in Indiana the Indiana Department of Homeland Security is called in whenever communication needs exist, for weather conditions, crime, or other needs.

It's Indiana. Our IDHS is in charge of things that might not be in other states. You can check out the IDHS website if you would like to see everything they cover.

I live i indiana and have been on the sites. Though i also know many children have been unfortunately murdered here and this is the FIRST ive heard of homeland security being involoved.

In reply to homeland security being there. Someone posted links to what the stated reasoning behind having them in board on the case. But.... this isnt typically homeland security involvement unless it was a serial killer, mass killing... like a school shooting not just two girls, or an immigrant was involved. I know what the papers have stated as to why they have them there. I was curious as to further thoughts on it.... since to me it seems unusual, even for a small town.

They are there to aid in satellite communications which is a normal in that State. http://wishtv.com/2017/02/17/as-police-continue-delphi-homicide-investigation-community-comes-together-to-help/

"Investigators picked up some help today from homeland security in Tippecanoe County. Police are using their communication satellite. Officers say this creates more phone lines and a faster internet connection."

I bet that motorcycle fundraiser has Mark Lunsford there or was inspired by one that he has done. I watched the documentary Jessie's Dad and cried so hard because they made such a mess out of that case focusing in on his family instead of the creeper across the road. He really became a crusader for children across the country.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Weather permitting, we have motorcycle fundraisers for everything up here.

could it of been possible that a drone captured the picture. Maybe someone there was flying one to take video of the area. I think I have seen some on you tube where a drone was used to video the river and bridge.

I am confused as to why there is so much focus on where the police obtained the video?

I live i indiana and have been on the sites. Though i also know many children have been unfortunately murdered here and this is the FIRST ive heard of homeland security being involoved.

The service they are offering in the investigation is Satellite Communications. It would be needed for the Internet aspect of the investigation and to offer additional phone lines. It appears, that is their main role right now.

I am registered with IDHS as part of the emergency medical response. Their involvement is not unusual, just normally isn't mentioned.

Again, it appears the only role they are playing in this investigation is providing satellite communications to aid LE with Phone Lines and Internet speed

It bothers me too. Was the situation not taken as seriously st first because they were teenagers and perhaps thought to be runaways? Or just visiting at a friend's house?

Would the search have gone on longer the first night if toddlers had been missing?

The different dates of death have me wondering if one was killed right away and the other was abducted. But then how did they end up in the same place?
Can you provide a link about the times of death? I haven't seen this and I can't seem to find it thru a quick search

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member