IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh I'm not disagreeing with the reasoning, I'm just saying I honestly doubt the families stopped searched ng for them throughout the night. I can only go by what I would do. And that's what I would do. I respect what your Le friends have said and don't doubt the truth of it.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Agree. I am kinda glad they weren't the ones who found them, though :(.

That audio must be horrific if they can only give us three words.

I believe the killer had a lot to say to Libby & Abby.

I believe he likes to instill fear & terror......not only on his victims.......but on the rest of us as well.

3 words......and no video. What a nightmare.

At the PC the other day LE said there was video and audio on Libby's phone.

Because they need to hold back certain types of info only the killer will know, or they jeopardize the whole case and no one gets prosecuted. You would need a whole course in legal evidence to totally inderstand, but sometimes we have to have more faith in our system. It isn't perfect, but is the best way to get justice for our victims.

Thank you for this! My hubby is former LE and worked a case in which several details were withheld for the reason you (and others) suggest. It was frustrating to the public for sure. There was a break in the case via a tip. In this case, a neighbor of the victim (not an anonymous tip) pointed police to a potential suspect. And he was a good suspect: no alibi, prior history of similar attacks. Little physical evidence in the case.

On one of LE's follow up interviews with the various neighbors, the tipster mentioned a detail that LE hadn't revealed. That one seemingly minor bit of withheld info turned the tide of the investigation. My husband said sometimes (albeit very rarely) things do turn out like you see on a TV show.

Taken from Inside Edition - sorry I don't know if this was already posted .. talking about the cell phone recording. I had wondered if Libby's phone had actually caught the entire act on audio. Now I know :frown:

"A source familiar with the investigation described the full cell phone recording as "the stuff of nightmares."

http://www.insideedition.com/headli...-indiana-murder-mystery-as-reward-reaches-50g

Honestly we don't know if it caught the entire act. It could still be horrific without recording it all. How awful for the people who've heard or seen it...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has this been posted yet?

Veteran New York Homicide Detective Sergeant Joe Giacalone has studied the photo and determined the suspect is about six feet tall and weighs between 190-210 pounds.

“He's got a lot of brown hair, it looks like," Giacalone told Inside Edition. "He may even have a mullet. You can see over on the side here. He might have a goatee or a beard and mustache. He's got that thick blue jacket on and blue jeans and his brown walking boots or trail boots."

There also appears to be a bulge in the suspect's right hand jacket pocket where he may have been hiding some kind of weapon.

http://www.insideedition.com/headli...sifies-for-killer-of-2-teen-hikers-in-indiana

OT, a bit: has anyone else received an odd message in their box from a poster who registered yesterday, and has made no posts?

I need to add a correction:

John Jackalone is a podiatrist. John Giacalone is a former FBI agent, who was on Inside Edition.

http://www.insideedition.com/headli...sifies-for-killer-of-2-teen-hikers-in-indiana

Veteran New York Homicide Detective Sergeant Joe Giacalone has studied the photo and determined the suspect is about six feet tall and weighs between 190-210 pounds.

“He's got a lot of brown hair, it looks like," Giacalone told Inside Edition. "He may even have a mullet. You can see over on the side here. He might have a goatee or a beard and mustache. He's got that thick blue jacket on and blue jeans and his brown walking boots or trail boots."

CNN is also reporting that the voice recording was taken right before the girls were murdered. Jean Caserez reported on the story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ery810