IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In my opinion, LE obtained a search warrant for that first home so quickly for a reason, other than proximity and/or known RSO. Any other thoughts? Question: is it against the rules to talk about this?

Can we get a yes or no to this please?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
The grandfather said it very early. It was never confirmed by LE. So no yes or no is forthcoming, at least from here, for now.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

It could mean several things:

#1 They don't believe he is local
#2 They have evidence that he is connected to crimes in other states
#3 He may be local but on the run

His job may keep him on the road or relatives across the country might see him and identify.

or he pivoted toward the girls on the opposite side

Excellent catch! That blurring has been bugging me from the beginning but now it all makes sense. Someone else walks into the frame causing him to pivot out of the way. With such unseasonably nice weather it would stand to reason there would be others out. If I had walked right by this man moments before this happened, I would be devastated.

You know this just makes me cry. I have been posting over and over again that I believed that Abby is right there. I have zero experience in working with photo enhancements but I was convinced she is there. I posted my lame attempts at showing the close-ups of that dark space, messed up the names, all sorts, but have remained convicted that she was right in front of him. But to see what looks to be an outline of her is even worse. Perhaps it is not her and is some other anomaly but as I have been sure in my mind it gives me only heartache to think that maybe I have been right about this.

Again, part of my conviction stems from not being able to see him walk, for even a few steps. Why? I still believe because he encounters Abby.

You know I don't know that I am cut out for this. I don't think I am strong enough. I have tremendous respect for all of you who do this case after case. How do you all do it?

Speaking only for myself, I take breaks during cases and sometimes take longer breaks after especially tough cases (like this one). But I think my anger towards the creeps who perpetrate the crimes we follow on WS is what keeps me going. I have tremendous empathy for the victims and I want to see justice served.

Mostly correct, in my experience. It only works between iPhones. Mr. Carbuff and our eldest daughter have iPhones. Youngest and I have androids. Mr. Carbuff and daughter see the read and delivered part when they text each other, but not when they text youngest and me. I recently got an iPhone instead and then started seeing the read/delivered between iPhones.

My android shows delivered as one icon and read as another.

Haven't read for quite a while, so behind, but do they suspect a local due to the location of the murders?

For some reason otr truckdrivers spring to mind. Is there anywhere a semi could park within walking distance?

Nothing against truckers in general, but just like the rest of the population, some are less than honorable characters.

My android shows delivered as one icon and read as another.

And this is good to know!! All along I just assumed it was an iPhone. I guess we won't know until they arrest someone and we see the documents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Speaking only for myself, I take breaks during cases and sometimes take longer breaks after especially tough cases (like this one). But I think my anger towards the creeps who perpetrate the crimes we follow on WS is what keeps me going. I have tremendous empathy for the victims and I want to see justice served.

I do the same thing for the same reason.

Or have a stork announcing a baby's arrival, graduation signs, etc on their front lawns. My daughter graduated 8th grade last June and I wouldn't buy one of the signs that said, "Congratulations Katy on your 8th grade graduation". Some people probably thought I was being paranoid, but why would I want to advertise to the world that I have a teen daughter who may be home alone from time to time over the upcoming Summer?

This is exactly what ours does. Interesting because I didn't really ever put two and two together with the name thing... just that it was easier to spot them all/keep track. Good to know!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I remember when news papers used to routinely publish kids pics, with name, age and address's all the time. "Little Jack Horner, Six, of 158 Nursery Ryme Lane, plays in the sprinkler at Innocence Park".

Sometimes they still do.

Usually in cases like this LE releases a COD after the autopsy, at least that's what happened in many of the cases I have followed on WS, even if they didn't yet have a perp. In fact, it feels like LE and the FBI don't want to share much information at all and I'm having a hard time figuring out why.
Like I said earlier, it's been 7 years since Kayleah Wilson was murdered, 4 years since Lyric Cook and Elizabeth Collins were murdered, and they still haven't released COD on them. Again, I wouldn't hold my breath...

Mostly a lurker, haven't posted since the Teleka Patrick case, but here are my random thoughts:

1. The FBI response to this case screams it is even more than it first appears. This isn't them sending a few agents to assist, they have nearly two dozen agents directly helping and who knows how many more assisting behind the scenes. This isn't a normal response. Neither is using electronic billboards across the entire country. I have to believe they have reason to know he has struck before, as in perhaps he left a calling card (a peculiar cause of death, staged bodies in a particular way, left a token from a previous crime, etc.) OR there are words contained in the video that indicate imminent plans for future attacks.

2. Listening to the audio clip with headphones and equipment that allows the audio to be slowed down, I absolutely hear "G'down the hill" which is a clear instruction, not someone giving directions to a person that is looking for something. At this point, he is in control, no question in my mind.

3. Although the audio clip is brief, I notice something else too. The emphasis in the sentence is on the last word, "hill." In my career, I have worked in three states - Indiana, Kentucky, and Michigan. That particular accent and word emphasis is more Southern Indiana or further South. After about a year in Kentucky, I noticed myself starting the put emphasis on words in the same way. For what it's worth, I have traveled extensively throughout the country also. It's certainly not a science, but my ears identify him as at least semi-local to the area.

4. My hypothesis is that Libby was using Snapchat to video Abby when BG started to approach. Libby pans the camera to the right to capture BG in her shot, inadvertently leaving just a sliver of Abby's jacket in the shot. I believe the incident escalated instantly for this reason: if Libby even had 5-10 seconds to do anything else, it seems she would have immediately sent the video snap to her story. Every single person that follows her on Snap would have been able to see the video right away. I've seen how fast my own teenagers navigate through Snapchat and other social media. It would have taken mere seconds if she hadn't become preoccupied. Having teenagers, when they move quickly to do something, they tend to hastily slide their phone in their back pocket. Perhaps Libby did just that, allowing the audio to be captured.

5. Does anyone know if there was any significant search the night of their disappearance? From what I've read, it sounded like a search of some sort around the bridge, but it doesn't seem like it escalated to something significant (large amount of people, scent dogs, etc.) until the next morning. While I recognize a full blown search party doesn't happen immediately for every person that is missing for a few hours, children this age that don't have a history and/or reason to run off have been handled differently in my area. At a minimum, I can assure you that me and every family member/close friend would be searching through the night if a child of mine had unexpectedly disappeared. To be clear, I am not placing blame or second guessing. That may have actually happened, and I just haven't read about it.

6. Some have hypothesized victims may have been removed from the area and subsequently brought back to be dumped. While not impossible, I can't fathom why BG would leave with them and come back. Even if there was not a full out search that night, surely LE or others were at least driving around the area more than normal. If BG abducted the victims only to bring them back later, it is a powerful statement that he wanted the victims to be found quickly, almost thumbing his nose at LE.

7. I hate speculating in the COD, as it is gut wrenching. That being said, I have to believe it was especially traumatic given the reaction of seasoned LE that have witnessed such horrible events before. Also because the search continued even after the victims were found, implying a visual identification was not 100% possible even though less than 24 hours had passed since these poor girls were last sighted.

8. Thank you to this site and the admins for running a tight ship. FB pages have people swearing to "facts" around cause of death when they can't all be correct, as five different causes have been stated as absolute fact. That causes a murky abyss not conducive to sleuthing.

9. I have tried to adhere to the TOS. If I have done anything wrong, please let me know and edit accordingly.

You know this just makes me cry. I have been posting over and over again that I believed that Abby is right there. I have zero experience in working with photo enhancements but I was convinced she is there. I posted my lame attempts at showing the close-ups of that dark space, messed up the names, all sorts, but have remained convicted that she was right in front of him. But to see what looks to be an outline of her is even worse. Perhaps it is not her and is some other anomaly but as I have been sure in my mind it gives me only heartache to think that maybe I have been right about this.

Again, part of my conviction stems from not being able to see him walk, for even a few steps. Why? I still believe because he encounters Abby.

You know I don't know that I am cut out for this. I don't think I am strong enough. I have tremendous respect for all of you who do this case after case. How do you all do it?

So sorry, websight. Until you posted, I never would've seen the jacket. Looking at the (to me, IMO, blurred out parts in the other picture), I am wondering what could be such a shape- it could be a long, thin girl, but who knows, really? If it helps, LE blurred it out to save us from nightmares. I think the investigators are doing a great job, keeping everyone updated, sharing what they can, withholding what isn't needed at this point, while keeping the case alive.

Possibly. But all in all, he gives me the impression that he's more the type to go about his daily life, blending in as he always had, quietly chuckling at how he's fooled LE.

Interesting that the data available to us is interpreted differently. For instance, BG knows right from wrong. He knows that he is in Big Trouble and on FBI Most Wanted Posters. BG must remain hidden. I was momentarily thrilled when learning the news that IN had snow last night. I hope he is freezing his tail feathers off.

OMHO, he is a drifter type. I assume he sustains himself on very little. Caught fish and trapped and hunted wild game. No traditional home. I don't see him owning a cell phone unless a burner from local WalMart, by example.

I am perplexed by comments that he is a clean looking guy when I see the opposite. I would not want a sniff.

[video=twitter;835607397049778176]https://twitter.com/Trevor_Reports/status/835607397049778176[/video]

I remember when news papers used to routinely publish kids pics, with name, age and address's all the time. "Little Jack Horner, Six, of Nursery Ryme Lane, plays in the sprinkler at Innocence Park".

Sometimes they still do.

Yes, I think my hometown of 3,500 people still does this in their weekly newspaper and online.

In my opinion, LE obtained a search warrant for that first home so quickly for a reason, other than proximity and/or known RSO. Any other thoughts? Question: is it against the rules to talk about this?
If it can be done within TOS this is something I would like to know other poster's thoughts on. The 1st search warrant, didnt they tell us that they did not expect it to lead to an arrest even before they had left the house?

was it said the phone was pinging around town. Multiple places.
Yes? No?

This has literally been explained since Thread #1. I think this will have to be my next "frequently asked questions" post in the media thread.

In short, it is possible. The grandfather said the cell phone was "pinging around town". It is also possible that the phone was just being picked up by different cell towers. Please read Thread #1 posts #207, #237 and #240 for maps and information.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member