IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Remaining terrain is what I would call hilly not steep.
aee2c9a5da46f9e739833ef6615a9690.jpg
fcdbfd7a3a54bbbf36a7c9c4c0a92423.jpg
1e6bc985422b2e4bdf71b25a1aaf5c5d.jpg
861eaffe2ce5b7479581306db647c2fd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't recall the search warrants turning up anything, much less an arrest. I do recall the police telling people to stop threatening the people on Bicycle Road, though. Having just read the article about the people being harassed in the Bevers case, which has also led to nothing, I have a great deal of sympathy for them, as well. I have read stories or seen documentaries of too many parents or spouses in other cases who were harassed, threatened and ostracized for decades until their loved ones' murders were actually solved. That breaks my heart, since they suffered incredible loss, then had their lives further destroyed by (usually) small town gossip and misplaced suspicions. They are never allowed to grieve and try to put their lives back together. Many are forced to abandon their homes, moving away from remaining loved ones and support systems, just for some peace. I find that unacceptable and torturous.

The Internet makes it even worse, since it never goes away and is globally available. Hard to find work to support your family if a simple Internet search links you to a murder. That's why some countries have laws called "the right to be forgotten", which force tech and news organizations to remove such information after a specified period of time if the private citizen it applies to petitions the courts. The U.S. is way behind when it comes to privacy. If we had something like that, I would be more flexible.

And, no, I doubt they would have a legal case. Doesn't mean it's the right thing to do to put people through that, especially on very weak "evidence". The cops have to follow up on it, but people don't have to be fast, loose and overly persistent with trying to get them to do so.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Look what happened to Richard Jewel. Lives get ruined by vigilante justice.

How far from the spotlight were they found? And (I know you can't answer this) why haven't they been removed?
I was wondering that myself. Sounds like there are things that still haven't been found.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

I was noticing he is wearing the fanny pack on his right side. I'm right handed and I wear my fanny pack on my left side. Could this BG be left handed ?

In the PC LE called that a shirt tail. I don't think they have said fanny pack anywhere.

Do u have a link?
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/02/15/bodies-found-in-indiana-are-those-missing-girls-police-say.html

Sgt. Kim Riley said parents should keep a close eye on their children. “I think people need to be cautious and careful,” Riley said. “Parents should make sure they know where their children are and what their children are doing, and if nothing else, know what’s going on in their lives. That’s the most important thing I can say at this point in time.”

Sorry I keep thinking of more stuff. While on the opposite side of town searching for the wooden bridge I came to another bridge and stopped to ask for directions. The lady was by her car that I was talking to, her husband and son (assumption) were under a small bridge. She said they were geocaching

I was wondering that myself. Sounds like there are things that still haven't been found.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

I believe in that close general area. It was the only spotlight I saw

Perp looks like any ole generic white middle aged dude to all of us that don't know him, but to those who do know him he will be recognizable from the photos. In my opinion. (I think he looks like my husband! LOL!) LE are trying to get his photo plastered around but a little earlier this evening I decided to post his photo on a post on my FB and it was actually quite difficult to find one of the better quality copies to share. SO, it is very possible that anyone who knows him has not seen his photo even though all of us can see him in our sleep! I think he will be recognizable from his photo by anyone who knows him personally. It really is remarkable to have such clear photos available of a suspect but they have got to spread like wildfire to be seen.

^^^^ This. Same thing I was getting at in an earlier post when I said I couldn't find my dad in a sea of other generic middle-aged midwestern white guys. But when I finally saw him, he was obvious, like OH, there's MY generic middle-aged white guy! And I think if someone knows this guy they will have the same reaction (albeit not happy about it.)

Can you show me where it says that, please?

Hi. It is against TOS to discuss anything the do with Astrology.
Tricia Griffith
Owner/ Websleuths.com

Nana,

Could you post a couple pics of the cemetery with more explanation of exactly where the parking area is and where you access the trail from there? I'm confused about that part of it.

From the back side of the cemetery, you go through the woods to the right to get to the bridge. If you go down and left instead, thats where the girls were found. So from the cemetery you can get quick access to the bridge, the crime scene and a quick getaway to US 25.

attachment.php

Attachments

• cemetery_ariel.jpg
    cemetery_ariel.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 1,126
Opinion/Speculation:

Stop and think for a moment about this -- "what if" there was no photo or audio to go on in this case? Would we be thinking that it's a lone male perp? Or might we be leaning toward there being more than one perp involved? I'd be thinking that it was more than one myself. After reviewing the presser from the other day (where they debuted the photo and audio) I couldn't help but see how they were emphasizing it was not necessarily one person acting alone. With that in mind, I think it's entirely possible that BG had an accomplice who was waiting in another area (perhaps where the girls were later found) to help commit the final crime(s). Or, there could have been an accomplice who approached on the bridge from the rear (out of view from the cell phone camera), etc. trapping the girls with BG. My main reason for wanting to say this is that by reading the comments, we are fixated on everything being pulled off by BG alone (because that's the only perp photo we know of), but thinking outside the box might help answer the "how could this one guy who doesn't appear to be in top shape take control, etc. ?" It also adds another dimension of "who" to be looking for or trying to recall having seen in the vicinity around the time of the crimes. Obviously if more info comes out (DNA having multiple sources for example), it might help advance or extinguish this possibility. But for now, I truly think it's worth remembering.

Remaining terrain is what I would call hilly not steep.
aee2c9a5da46f9e739833ef6615a9690.jpg
fcdbfd7a3a54bbbf36a7c9c4c0a92423.jpg
1e6bc985422b2e4bdf71b25a1aaf5c5d.jpg
861eaffe2ce5b7479581306db647c2fd.jpg

Great photos! Did you happen to get any of Deer Creek, as it runs between the bridge and the locations of the girls' bodies? The reason I ask is the possibility the creek could have been crossed by the POI and victims. No worries if not- just checking.

This thread is temp closing for review. It will re-open later this evening.

Thanks in advance for your patience.

I know there are a lot of new members perusing this case. Please take the time to review the Websleuths Rules forum while this thread is down.

Thread is open again.

Please post respectfully and responsibly, in accordance with The Rules.

Thanks for your patience and co-operation.

:tyou:

Are there any similarities to these two missing IN girls? I know a number of us feel this wasn't his first rodeo.

Lauren and Emily Stratton

http://www.missingkids.com/poster/NCMC/1285083/1

My initial instict is not related. Emily is older than his target and also has a mascuiline appearance. Which means again, not the perp's type and also I would conject more likely to runaway.

Then I looked on facebook to see if there was any group or anything dedicated to the search for them (didn't find one). I found Emily's facebook and found a weird coincidence -- it says she works at The Krusty Krab. Which Libby also listed as her unemployment. (Spongebob reference for anyone that didn't know).

I did find that Emily/Lauren were missing in March also. I'm still thinking not related.

Investigators have moved their headquarters from the Delphi municipal building to the former Carroll/White REMC building in Delphi. The new location gives authorities more room to evaluate thousands of tips.

Leazenby says they are appreciative of all the tips investigators have received so far.

“It just a matter of getting to the right phone call or the right piece of information of being able to put it into play,” Leazenby said. “I feel very assured we’re gonna successfully conclude this.”

http://wlfi.com/2017/02/26/headquar...icide-investigation-moves-to-larger-building/

My initial instict is not related. Emily is older than his target and also has a mascuiline appearance. Which means again, not the perp's type and also I would conject more likely to runaway.

Then I looked on facebook to see if there was any group or anything dedicated to the search for them (didn't find one). I found Emily's facebook and found a weird coincidence -- it says she works at The Krusty Krab. Which Libby also listed as her unemployment. (Spongebob reference for anyone that didn't know).

I did find that Emily/Lauren were missing in March also. I'm still thinking not related.
Just adding that half of the teens I see on FB have the Krusty Krab as employment. I GUESS it's a thing for that age group.

DELPHI, Ind.- Monday will mark two weeks since teenagers Abby Williams and Liberty German disappeared during a hike near Delphi. Their bodies were found days later and despite a massive manhunt, whoever murdered them is still on the run. On Sunday, Superintendent of the Indiana State Police Doug Carter spoke to Fox59 News in an exclusive interview, saying that every resource available is being used to find the killer.

“The commitment from these other agencies, and these people that are committed to finding the murderer…is just extraordinary,” said Carter.

“The frustration is extremely high, but the professionalism is even higher,” said Carter, “the outpouring of support from churches and community members and groups of people, just the simple waves…it’s [Delphi] just an extraordinary place.”

From day one, the hope was that Abby and Libby would be found alive. Now the hope is that their killer will be brought to justice, something no one in Delphi is willing to let go of.

“Somebody has the piece to make this puzzle to make it whole, and I suspect we’ll have that puzzle sooner than later, at least that’s my hope,” said Carter.

http://fox59.com/2017/02/26/exclusi...frustration-high-professionalism-even-higher/

Rural Indiana native here. I agree with what another user said, many if not most small town Indiana people dress like this guy aged 30+. Once you grow out of your hip-hop, goth, punk, whatever.. phase and get too lazy & unmotivated to try to look cool or edgy, you throw on a generic pair of blue jeans, a random hoodie and/or a jacket and said **** it ... I'm a bumpkin and I give up trying to look cool. Are those jeans and that sweater clean? Okay then I'll wear it. That's the extent of thinking that goes into getting dressed. Thrift stores are often where people get clothes because hey, you're just going to get them dirty working on your car or doing something outside anyways so might as well get something cheap. If you are one of the few who really think its important to look cool, you move to Indianapolis, Chicago, Seattle, etc and don't stay in a town of 3000.

If you're a man 30+ in a town like this and are really stylish or particular it's kind of like.. why are you trying so hard to look cool? Who are you trying to impress with your city boy / metro / hip-hop attire? No one in these towns cares about fashion especially when it comes to men. The pictures to me give very little clues because almost every potential suspect you'd imagine looks like him. 30 to 50, average height, average build, generic bumpkin clothing. Just a random white dude in a town full of random white dudes. (No offense to random Indiana bumpkin white dudes, I'm one myself). Seems like the only way this photo could be effective is if someone saw him wearing that *EXACT* clothing on that exact day. Or is so intimate with the guy that they see his posture in a way others wouldn't pick up on in the "lightbulb" going off, makes your heart race kind of way. Problem with that is he is almost certainly a loner. Maybe has one or two friends and those one or two friends are probably hyper loyal or go weeks without interacting with the guy and wouldn't know what he was wearing on that specific day.

The voice, if it's the same guy makes me think he's more like 45+ years old, sounds like a central Indiana native. (Northern Indiana people have less of a southern accent than he does and Southern Indiana have much stronger southern accents typically).

So what do we really have to work with? We know a generic guy who may be involved was on the bridge at the same time as the girls. They ended up dead Southeast of the cemetery near by. Based on what I've seen, the guy approached them on the south side of that bridge. That's a 1000ft walk BACK across the bridge to get to the other side, a bridge which one wrong step and you're dead. Why does a guy who is apparently so good at going unnoticed talk the risk of holding 2 people hostage on that bridge, force them back across when at any time another hiker could pop out of the north side and catch him when he could have just went south across the bridge into the woods there? What if the girls went back across the bridge on their on free will, went east through the woods near the cemetery out of boredom and someone was parked at that cemetery either visiting or lurking through the woods? I have a hard time believing one guy could or would take them from the south side of the bridge, back across then through the woods. It just doesn't make sense & is way too risky. He could have also followed them back across the bridge unnoticed then caught up with them as they went into the woods. Something about that cemetery being so close by just makes me think it has to be related. Quick access to the bridge, quick access to US 25 and if the girls were hiking through those woods when someone happened to be there, he or they might have heard / seen them there.

Hopefully that's not too speculative, I'm new to this site but can't get this case out of my mind. It's shattered the sense of safety we have and trails like these were a big part of my life growing up, now I fear the next generation isn't going to be able to enjoy them like we did. This guy or guys needs to pay.

TLDR; We need more evidence made public in this case or a DNA match. Maybe the killer(s) parked at the cemetery near by. The guy looks and sounds like a LOT of people from central Indiana.

I have also wondered why take them on the bridge, it's narrow and dangerous. I'm actually surprised the girls walked on that bridge, they I assume are the adventuresome type. That aside, it seems to make more sense that he was there and then took the opportunity after they exited the bridge. Idk, am I reading it wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member