IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My first time here on this case. Thank God for the LINGO link... But I am seeing BG all over and can not figure out what it stands for. Big guy is all I can come up with. Probably obvious. Not even sure how I will catch it if someone answers me. Oh well, I will learn. And keep reading. thx

Some observations after reading here for the last week.
The perp seems to be possibly wearing motorcycle goggles like these:
2psk0n5.png

That coupled with the observations of others that it was seemingly not cold enough to warrant extra layers, tells that he could very well have used a motorcycle as a means of transportation. Bikers will dress warmer (extra layers, gloves, goggles, hoodie and-or helmet) due to the chill while riding, and IF those are goggles (hard to tell 100%) it would make sense. Motorcycles require specific licensing, maybe it is possible those type of local renewal and licensing records could be searched.
Another thought is that IF he were riding a motorcycle, the chances that he lives very far away from the crime scene, although possible, would seem slight.

My wife and I wondered if they were goggles. :)

I believe what is hanging around his neck is a clue..........just can't figure out what it is.

My first time here on this case. Thank God for the LINGO link... But I am seeing BG all over and can not figure out what it stands for. Big guy is all I can come up with. Probably obvious. Not even sure how I will catch it if someone answers me. Oh well, I will learn. And keep reading. thx

Bridge Guy

And welcome to the forum!

:welcome:

Hi, I've been lurking this thread from the start but haven't posted yet. I actually haven't very active on WS for a long time (since the Charli Scott search in Maui that had such a sad ending) but this case brought me back. I wanted to chime in on something that there seems to be quite a bit of discussion on-- BG's clothing, and speculation regarding his socio-economic status or personality or other traits based on his clothing. I grew up in the midwest and now I live on one of the coasts near a major metro area, so I've thought a lot about the differences in dress in different areas. I think there can also be a lot of misconception about a person if you're not aware of midwestern clothing choices. For example: where I grew up, I had access to a major, modern metro area filled with fashion and the latest trends etc, but I had just as much access to a much more rural, farming/hunting lifestyle. Most of the people growing up in those communities dipped into both lifestyles. For example, a middle-aged man might go to work in the city during the week wearing a suit and tie and crisp shiny shoes, but then be dressed very similarly to BG on the weekend, to go out into the woods to hunt or to the lake to fish, or even just to work on the house or yard. Every single adult man I knew in my extended midwestern family had clothing like BG for those work/recreational purposes, whether he was a lower-class laborer or an upper-middle-class professional. Another thing I noticed after moving away from the midwest: midwestern men have a very recognizable "uniform". This struck me particularly when I flew home to visit and I was looking for my father in the baggage claim, and realized that 95% of the middle-aged men milling about looked just like him. (In the summertime, that would be cargo shorts, a tee-shirt or golf-shirt, athletic shoes, and a ball cap; in the wintertime, work boots, or athletic shoes depending on the weather, jeans, a sensible thick jacket or coat (definitely layers), and, again, the ball cap, or ski cap if it's cold.) My point is that, I didn't recognize my own father until I actually SAW him and then was finally able to discriminate him from the sea of other men who looked JUST LIKE HIM from most angles. My point is also that BG could be a drifter, or a hunter, or a motorcycle guy, or he could also be any kind of professional wearing a pretty typical work/recreational outfit for a midwestern man in the 20-50 age range. I mean, as others have pointed out, even the guy whose property the bodies were found on is wearing a work coat over a hoodie, and a cap. One thing I disagree with, but it's just a personal thing, is that I've heard other posters say they wouldn't have thought anything of this man being on the trail (because his attire isn't anything unusual). And while I agree on the attire thing, I definitely disagree on not being alerted. If I'd been on that trail, either as a girl or a woman, I would have been very alerted to this guy. There's something about his manner (that comes through even in the still photos) that doesn't fit with being there unless it's for something sinister. There's nothing about him that says "I'm just out enjoying a pleasant walk on a beautiful day", or "I'm here to take photographs", or "I'm meeting someone". His manner (not his clothing), to me, says "creepy lone guy" (the same guy, in the same clothing, in a different situation, wouldn't necessarily) and if I'd been there I would have had my eye on him and would have done everything to avoid him. I tend to be overcautious about stuff like that, but my motto is "better safe than sorry" in these things. I suspect that the girls had the same vibe and that's why they used the phone to try to document him, IMO. Maybe they thought they were about to be harassed and/or robbed and wanted proof. IMO, BG probably had no idea what they could do with the phone and was more focused on the fact that they were young and vulnerable and he felt confident they couldn't threaten his security (he was WRONG).

BBM.

And this is why, in my opinion, LE needs to release another tip/tidbit!

I can't find the lingo link.

Sent from my HUAWEI H892L using Tapatalk

Something that has been nagging at me, re: the possible connection to Evansdale, is that there is a Tyson meat packing plant in/near Evansdale, and there is a huge Tyson meat packing plant on the southwest edge of Logansport, IN which is directly up Hwy 25 --- The Hoosier Heartland Highway --- from Delphi. We know that LE directly referenced the HHH, which leads one to believe that they may suspect that's the direction BG took. If he'd gone west on 25 to I-65 it seems that LE would have been more emphatic about watching for him on the interstate rather than the HHH. The nationwide billboards suggest the possibility that he has access to easy, quick travel (personally, I suspect the trucking industry).
Assuming he drives for Tyson, or is an OO, he may have taken a load to/from the Delphi Packers plant (as an OO), learned about the trail, and decided it would be a good location to kill again.
All complete, personal speculation of course, but I do hope that they're looking at the connection and possibly any other unsolved murders near other Tyson plants.

Something that has been nagging at me, re: the possible connection to Evansdale, is that there is a Tyson meat packing plant in/near Evansdale, and there is a huge Tyson meat packing plant on the southwest edge of Logansport, IN which is directly up Hwy 25 --- The Hoosier Heartland Highway --- from Delphi. We know that LE directly referenced the HHH, which leads one to believe that they may suspect that's the direction BG took. If he'd gone west on 25 to I-65 it seems that LE would have been more emphatic about watching for him on the interstate rather than the HHH. The nationwide billboards suggest the possibility that he has access to easy, quick travel (personally, I suspect the trucking industry).
Assuming he drives for Tyson, or is an OO, he may have taken a load to/from the Delphi Packers plant, learned about the trail, and decided it would be a good location to kill again.
All complete, personal speculation of course, but I do hope that they're looking at the connection and possibly any other unsolved murders near other Tyson plants.

some one else posted about that too.....interesting thought

While I never put much faith in the reliability of Inside Edition, a reporter from there is walking down the "hill" next to the bridge -- starting @1:20 into the video. Do you think he has the right side of where they may have gone down?

[video=youtu;a8xq5KgKHyE]http://youtu.be/a8xq5KgKHyE[/video]

Newbie here. Struggling to find a link for the lingo used.

What does MOO & LE stand for? Thank you for the help

I am also curious about the couple. Maybe Bridge Guy was half of that couple. Maybe his 'wife' helped him commit the crime? Strangers things have happened...

I have wondered this too. I posted awhile back that it happened in the Elizabeth smart case and I think Jaycee Dugard?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

welcome! Le (law Enforcement) MOO ( My own opinion)

My Opinion Only
Law Enforcement

:wagon::greetings: Hahaha! Sometimes the acronyms stump me too!

Notice( map), that the trails officially ends on the NW end of the Monon High Bridge. It does not continue past the SW end.

-Nin

Does anyone know if there is a "no trespassing" sign at the NW end? Articles say it is illegal to cross the CSX bridge. https://www.indianalandmarks.org/endangered-property/monon-high-bridge/.

IMHO, I am having so much trouble envisioning how the girls ended up, together, on the Logan property. At first I thought they voluntarily started the trek, from the NW side after returning from walking the bridge, to see something or hang with someone met via SM.

Then I thought, going with the majority opinions, maybe BG did accost them on the SE side. But even if he pulled out a gun, it's difficult for me to think one or both of these girls didn't run or scream at some point of the journey down the hill, across the creek, and up the bank into the woods. And if one or both wasn't compliant, how could the BG catch up with them and subdue both of them? Why would he even risk this, as people do run from guns.

The MSM absolutely has not mentioned zip ties or handcuffs. The only speculation I've seen is on this board, and that's in reference to the white things above the blue jacket collar line.

But now I'm wondering if BG impersonated LE and confronted the girls at the SE end, showed a fake badge, said they were trespassing, immediately used zip ties, or maybe handcuffs, and told the girls to get off the bridge, down the hill, as they were trespassing the bridge. Sounds crazy, but there have been cases of men impersonating LE. And maybe that's why the FBI was involved early on. MOO

I swear I remember reading an interview with Mr. Logan stating that he thought the only way to get to that location would be by foot, does anyone have a link handy? However he could have not even been thinking about the possibility of a horse. JMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
And I could swear that in one interview he did say horseback but I can't find it now. Maybe it was in an audio interview.

http://www.indystar.com/story/news/crime/2017/02/15/police-tracking-down-100s-tips/97940616/

Logan confirmed Riley's comments that the only way back to the hilly terrain between the cemetery and the creek is by foot. He also said schools were out Thursday, Friday and Monday for winter break, which explains why German and Williams were free to roam the trails.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

if you think a post violates TOS, simply alert the post (little red triangle) and the mods will take care of it

DO NOT quote the post and reply to it as that just creates more work for the mods because now they have TWO posts to remove instead of just one

magnify that by several people quoting/responding to it and you have now made the mods job even harder

Here is another map including the cemetery, the bridge, POI location on the bridge and the shed, that has been mentioned before:

I like your map. I think it helps people see proximal locations.

I believe he confronted the girls someplace between the north bridge edge and the parking lot. At that point, he took them off the trail heading east to the place where they were ultimately found.
attachment.php

Attachments

• POI north.JPG
    POI north.JPG
    103.4 KB · Views: 484
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online