IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
[bbm] or perhaps his everyday life IS off the grid to begin with ...

There is precedence for that.

His name is Gary Hilton.

Lived out of his van in national forests.

Murdered 4 people in 2 or 3 states.

Some highlights of the information from the Carroll County Census (https://www.census.gov/quickfacts/table/RHI305210/18015) of which Delphi is the county seat:

As of 2015 Estimates:
Population: 19,856
Persons under 18: 22.7%
Persons over 65: 18.2%
Race- White alone: 97.9%
Veterans: 1,638
Housing units: 9,433
Owner-occupied housing rate: 80.5%
Households: 7,793 (I take this to mean there are 1500 vacant houses in the county??)
Of people 25 or older:
High School Grads: 88%
Bachelor's degree or higher: 17%
Median household income: 52,005
We would need the definition of households versus housing units.

For instance, an apartment building could be ONE unit, but hold 10 households.

But then the numbers would be flip flopped.

<modsnip>

This case reminds me a lot like the Wesley Allen Dodd murders in my home town in the early 1980s. http://www.deseretnews.com/article/...-2-BROTHERS-LEAVE-PEACEFUL-CITY-IN-SHOCK.html Killer stalked parks for weeks lying in wait for a victim eventually deciding on two boys, brothers. He had drawn attention to himself for walking the paths and watching children in the weeks leading up to the murder. I think there are people that seen him in the days leading up to the murders. I do think the photo Libby took is the killer. If it wasn't I imagine the guy would have came forward by know to be eliminated. Taking two girls at a time is very risky. This guy was desperate and hopefully made mistakes that lead to his capture

Sent from my Z970 using Tapatalk

Blogs are not MSM.

I am pretty sure law enforcement are not giving RL info to put on the blog. It will be made up from town gossip which is effectively a game of Chinese whispers. We need to stick to main stream media sources and information from law enforcement only per websleuths rules.

What are the chances of catching this guy if he is a drifter? If family and friends have not seen him in decades would he be recognisable? Would someone think, hey that looks like my brother but it couldn't be, so no one calls it in. Moo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi, I've been lurking this thread from the start but haven't posted yet. I actually haven't very active on WS for a long time (since the Charli Scott search in Maui that had such a sad ending) but this case brought me back. I wanted to chime in on something that there seems to be quite a bit of discussion on-- BG's clothing, and speculation regarding his socio-economic status or personality or other traits based on his clothing. I grew up in the midwest and now I live on one of the coasts near a major metro area, so I've thought a lot about the differences in dress in different areas. I think there can also be a lot of misconception about a person if you're not aware of midwestern clothing choices. For example: where I grew up, I had access to a major, modern metro area filled with fashion and the latest trends etc, but I had just as much access to a much more rural, farming/hunting lifestyle. Most of the people growing up in those communities dipped into both lifestyles. For example, a middle-aged man might go to work in the city during the week wearing a suit and tie and crisp shiny shoes, but then be dressed very similarly to BG on the weekend, to go out into the woods to hunt or to the lake to fish, or even just to work on the house or yard. Every single adult man I knew in my extended midwestern family had clothing like BG for those work/recreational purposes, whether he was a lower-class laborer or an upper-middle-class professional. Another thing I noticed after moving away from the midwest: midwestern men have a very recognizable "uniform". This struck me particularly when I flew home to visit and I was looking for my father in the baggage claim, and realized that 95% of the middle-aged men milling about looked just like him. (In the summertime, that would be cargo shorts, a tee-shirt or golf-shirt, athletic shoes, and a ball cap; in the wintertime, work boots, or athletic shoes depending on the weather, jeans, a sensible thick jacket or coat (definitely layers), and, again, the ball cap, or ski cap if it's cold.) My point is that, I didn't recognize my own father until I actually SAW him and then was finally able to discriminate him from the sea of other men who looked JUST LIKE HIM from most angles. My point is also that BG could be a drifter, or a hunter, or a motorcycle guy, or he could also be any kind of professional wearing a pretty typical work/recreational outfit for a midwestern man in the 20-50 age range. I mean, as others have pointed out, even the guy whose property the bodies were found on is wearing a work coat over a hoodie, and a cap. One thing I disagree with, but it's just a personal thing, is that I've heard other posters say they wouldn't have thought anything of this man being on the trail (because his attire isn't anything unusual). And while I agree on the attire thing, I definitely disagree on not being alerted. If I'd been on that trail, either as a girl or a woman, I would have been very alerted to this guy. There's something about his manner (that comes through even in the still photos) that doesn't fit with being there unless it's for something sinister. There's nothing about him that says "I'm just out enjoying a pleasant walk on a beautiful day", or "I'm here to take photographs", or "I'm meeting someone". His manner (not his clothing), to me, says "creepy lone guy" (the same guy, in the same clothing, in a different situation, wouldn't necessarily) and if I'd been there I would have had my eye on him and would have done everything to avoid him. I tend to be overcautious about stuff like that, but my motto is "better safe than sorry" in these things. I suspect that the girls had the same vibe and that's why they used the phone to try to document him, IMO. Maybe they thought they were about to be harassed and/or robbed and wanted proof. IMO, BG probably had no idea what they could do with the phone and was more focused on the fact that they were young and vulnerable and he felt confident they couldn't threaten his security (he was WRONG).

I'm going to do some map sleuthing in Delphi. If I find anything, I'll be back....sure hope the thread will still be open.

All I can think of is count Olaf when he was captain sham. [emoji23]

See! It's possible! ;-)

But seriously........no one is going to be looking for a one-armed man for these murders.

O/T: I used to be able to highlight the post but can no longer highlight with the latest update. Am I missing something?

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

I have an iPhone and just press down on the whole post. It opens options. One of them is web view. I see you have a different type of phone &#9785;&#65039;
352cbd621099f968ea46622fe73363d5.jpg
9b49965710bdde2a74c9d1469065948f.jpg

What are the chances of catching this guy if he is a drifter? If family and friends have not seen him in decades would he be recognisable? Would someone think, hey that looks like my brother but it couldn't be, so no one calls it in. Moo.

Anything is possible but with pics and a voice even a drifter-type would have to be seen somewhere. We shall see very soon, I hope.

Hi, I've been lurking this thread from the start but haven't posted yet. I actually haven't very active on WS for a long time (since the Charli Scott search in Maui that had such a sad ending) but this case brought me back. I wanted to chime in on something that there seems to be quite a bit of discussion on-- BG's clothing, and speculation regarding his socio-economic status or personality or other traits based on his clothing. I grew up in the midwest and now I live on one of the coasts near a major metro area, so I've thought a lot about the differences in dress in different areas. I think there can also be a lot of misconception about a person if you're not aware of midwestern clothing choices. For example: where I grew up, I had access to a major, modern metro area filled with fashion and the latest trends etc, but I had just as much access to a much more rural, farming/hunting lifestyle. Most of the people growing up in those communities dipped into both lifestyles. For example, a middle-aged man might go to work in the city during the week wearing a suit and tie and crisp shiny shoes, but then be dressed very similarly to BG on the weekend, to go out into the woods to hunt or to the lake to fish, or even just to work on the house or yard. Every single adult man I knew in my extended midwestern family had clothing like BG for those work/recreational purposes, whether he was a lower-class laborer or an upper-middle-class professional. Another thing I noticed after moving away from the midwest: midwestern men have a very recognizable "uniform". This struck me particularly when I flew home to visit and I was looking for my father in the baggage claim, and realized that 95% of the middle-aged men milling about looked just like him. (In the summertime, that would be cargo shorts, a tee-shirt or golf-shirt, athletic shoes, and a ball cap; in the wintertime, work boots, or athletic shoes depending on the weather, jeans, a sensible thick jacket or coat (definitely layers), and, again, the ball cap, or ski cap if it's cold.) My point is that, I didn't recognize my own father until I actually SAW him and then was finally able to discriminate him from the sea of other men who looked JUST LIKE HIM from most angles. My point is also that BG could be a drifter, or a hunter, or a motorcycle guy, or he could also be any kind of professional wearing a pretty typical work/recreational outfit for a midwestern man in the 20-50 age range. I mean, as others have pointed out, even the guy whose property the bodies were found on is wearing a work coat over a hoodie, and a cap. One thing I disagree with, but it's just a personal thing, is that I've heard other posters say they wouldn't have thought anything of this man being on the trail (because his attire isn't anything unusual). And while I agree on the attire thing, I definitely disagree on not being alerted. If I'd been on that trail, either as a girl or a woman, I would have been very alerted to this guy. There's something about his manner (that comes through even in the still photos) that doesn't fit with being there unless it's for something sinister. There's nothing about him that says "I'm just out enjoying a pleasant walk on a beautiful day", or "I'm here to take photographs", or "I'm meeting someone". His manner (not his clothing), to me, says "creepy lone guy" (the same guy, in the same clothing, in a different situation, wouldn't necessarily) and if I'd been there I would have had my eye on him and would have done everything to avoid him. I tend to be overcautious about stuff like that, but my motto is "better safe than sorry" in these things. I suspect that the girls had the same vibe and that's why they used the phone to try to document him, IMO. Maybe they thought they were about to be harassed and/or robbed and wanted proof. IMO, BG probably had no idea what they could do with the phone and was more focused on the fact that they were young and vulnerable and he felt confident they couldn't threaten his security (he was WRONG).

Welcome back! Thanks for the informative post.

If you look at some of his pictures with a mustache I can see a resemblance. Long nose, eyes close together, just like the picture we have.

He is thin and scrawny looking with grey hair. His facial hair would be grey that is hard to color. Liberty 's picture does not show that type of man. The man in her picture looks like he is heavier in chest with pot belly. Not fat. Let's not run away with stuff in our minds just because we see this post about a child molester...He liked little ones...these girls were young ladies. BIG DIFFERENCE!!!

Hoping to get this posted before a new thread starts!!

I get an "Isreal Keyes" vibe in this case. As he stated, he didn't hunt his victims, he let them come to him, in woods near trails, there's always people...and he listed other places.

Any way, I have a question, can anyone tell me if there is a place to park a horse trailer near this bridge or trail? Are there any horse boarding places near? Any trails in the area specifically for horse riding? I heard the land owner state the area was accessible by foot, or horse. A horse would/could walk right in that water, leaving the perp dry. Any locals ever seen anyone doing the trails on horseback?

I remember a poster a ton of comments back asking about the possible suspect using an RV and wondering if there were any RV parks nearby. The poster also asked if the lyric and elizabeth case has close RV parks. I used to live by there and yes it has a lot of close RV areas. I don't know though, I feel like an RV would put a big target on the suspect.

Also, cause of death was not released in the lyric and elizabeth case, and all these years later it still has not been released. I am hoping that for the sake of the other families that this person is the one who did it. To have no closure would be terrible. I always thought that the L & E case suspect had killed before. To take two people at once is pretty risky and I feel the same on this case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste