IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would a reputation be ruined if you cooperated and were cleared? I would be glad to do whatever I could to solve the murders of someone in my area. And if that meant searching my property and finding anything helpful, so be it. Maybe my kids or their friend stashed his criminal evidence on my property and it gets found.

Again.
How are your neighbors going to look at you after LE spends hours in your house, floodlights in rooms, multiple cars, and officers hauling boxes of evidence from your house?
I would object, but apparently that's just me.

I would think bodies being found on private property would be enough probable cause to search the entire property for evidence. JMO
IIRC, the 2 properties that were searched were not where the bodies were found.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

If the police believe they have probable cause to conduct a search on me, and tell me so in an effort to get me to consent.... and they are not lying (big if).....then they are going to get a warrant and it would be public knowledge anyway. Still, in a case like this, I would not consent to a search or speak to police. Period. Not because of my reputation or public standing, but because I don't want to say anything that could incriminate me or allow the police to falsely charge me. The Fifth Amendment is for the INNOCENT'S protection.

Here, watch this for part of my reasoning. [video=youtube;d-7o9xYp7eE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-7o9xYp7eE&t=318s[/video]

Lmao I did this too. Can't undo on Tapatalk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can. You can highlight the post, hit more, go to web view and then you can undo a thanks (like) there.

As far as the clothes are concerned, I doubt that he will be identified from them. They have probably been discarded, and even if not, we have seen that half the older men in the area seem to wear similar. The rumpled sleeves on the jacket do seem too long making me think it is either borrowed or bought at a Goodwill for this occasion. I don't think most guys would buy a jacket with such long sleeves if they paid full price. The one piece of his garb that could prove more promising would be the fanny pack (if that is what the brown spot is). Not that many men would wear these unless work related. If he wears it regularly, or at work, this could be a lead. Did someone suddenly stop wearing his fanny pack or purchase a new one (or need another from his work)? He might be without it right now, but if this is his usual habit (if he smokes maybe he carries his cigs in it), he will be getting a new one soon. Of course, we don't know for sure whether that is a fanny pack. I wonder if LE does know. Could be a clue, IMO.

For locals, are there apartment buildings in the area, or is the housing in homes? Is there an area that is most likely to be rental rather than owned housing?

tia

There are a few small apartments, but it is mainly single-family homes.

Me too. The pics just keep saying older guy to me. The bony knees poking into the jeans when he walks, and the legs appear as stiff as legs can appear in a grainy pic.

But I just keep coming back to an older guy, imo. 50's, imo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think 50's is about right.

IMO, law enforcement should be aware that our killer may try to disguise himself with the use of a cane, a walker, or even a wheelchair.

He may go so far as to fake a missing limb such as an arm or a leg.

And yes, I have passed this on to the FBI.

You can. You can highlight the post, hit more, go to web view and then you can undo a thanks (like) there.
O/T: I used to be able to highlight the post but can no longer highlight with the latest update. Am I missing something?

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Having your reputation ruined in your neighborhood and town is ok with you?
Fine.
Most people would object to being ruined forever.

AFAIK, none of the owners of the searched homes seem upset by the searches, I'm not sure why you're on a crusade about "unlawful" searches. They may very well have knocked on the doors and asked if they could search. We have no idea.

Different sites have different events.
Some say rope others say plastic bands.

I'd love to see links to some of those sites that say rope and/or plastic bands were used in this case.

An FBI effort using electronic billboards to seek information in the killings of the two is expanding to dozens of states. Including Kentucky, one was spotted at Spaghetti Junction in Louisville.

The investigation headquarters outgrew its home at the Delphi Police Department so Saturday it was relocated to a building off of the town square, all while people continue to support the family.

The Create Hair Salon in Camden was packed on Saturday for a special fundraiser for Abigail and Liberty. The owner is donating all of Saturday's sales to the families of the two girls. Word spread quickly, with a rush of people coming from all around the region as soon as doors opened.

"I grew up in Delphi so, when I heard what happened we just wanted to help however we could," said Jenna Fassnacht, owner of the Create Hair Studio. "When you see the community come together like that it leaves you speechless."

At the end of the day, more than 125 people came into the salon, raising more than $3000 during the six hours the shop was open on Saturday.

http://www.wave3.com/story/34607416/tips-pour-in-delphi-murder-case-community-helps-victims-families

I think the FBI is involved in this case for several reasons, including the possibility that the suspect is in law enforcement, a high-ranking local official, or the son of an LE official. I think this is one of the reasons they moved the tip line down to the FBI headquarters.

IMO, at last week's press conference the FBI was speaking to the girls' families. LE stressed to the do NOT be afraid to call in a tip, NO ONE will know.

Overnight Search Stopped - I cannot comprehend this decision. (Side note example - A few years ago while leaving my home, I accidentally hit the emergency fire, police button on my key fob. While driving, I received a call from my alarm company informing me my alarm was activated and the fire department dispatched. I immediately turned around and drove back to my home. The fire department arrived at the same time. I ran up to the door and told them everything was ok. I accidentally pressed the wrong button. They were very nice, but the captain said under their mandate, they must enter and do a quick visual. I opened the door, once they confirmed all was safe, they left. Same thing happened about a year later, this time I was too far away. Luckily, my neighbor had my spare key and opened the door so they could do a visual and confirm everyone was safe. [I deactivated the button on the key fob]).

My point is the fire department would not leave or stop searching until they had a visual that everyone was safe.

The first day the girls were missing, no one knew their condition. LE was in the search and RESCUE part of their mission, so why call off the search for the girls until morning?

Again, one family could have thought it was ok for LE to stop searching overnight, but it's hard to comprehend both families agreed to this decision. Were they pressured?

I think they called it off out of safety for the searchers. That's just my assumption, not a fact.

JMO

admin note: because so many members were brand new, we, the owner and staff, have been very patient with you. We thought you deserved some time to learn the ropes. Well, you've had almost two weeks to figure out how we roll here. If you haven't bothered to read the rules, especially etiquette and information, then shame on ya.

Going forward, we will issue time outs of 24 hours or longer. No excuses, no questions asked. Consider this a fair warning.

Bessie
ws administrator

b u m p i n g

Sorry, I cannot help myself. The Fourth Amendment protects "unreasonable searches and seizures" and requires warrants can only be issued "upon probable cause." Yes, we can debate "unreasonable" and what constitutes "probable cause" all year long, but that is not going to help identify or catch this perpetrator. My Peace.

We don't need to. Judges decide if LE has probable cause before signing off on the search warrant. LE searched, so a judge must have decided there was probable cause. Not really anything to debate IMO.

I think 50's is about right.

IMO, law enforcement should be aware that our killer may try to disguise himself with the use of a cane, a walker, or even a wheelchair.

He may go so far as to fake a missing limb such as an arm or a leg.

And yes, I have passed this on to the FBI.
How do you fake a missing limb?

Some highlights of the information from the Carroll County Census (https://www.census.gov/quickfacts/table/RHI305210/18015) of which Delphi is the county seat:

As of 2015 Estimates:
Population: 19,856
Persons under 18: 22.7%
Persons over 65: 18.2%
Race- White alone: 97.9%
Veterans: 1,638
Housing units: 9,433
Owner-occupied housing rate: 80.5%
Households: 7,793 (I take this to mean there are 1500 vacant houses in the county??)
Of people 25 or older:
High School Grads: 88%
Bachelor's degree or higher: 17%
Median household income: 52,005

a3db7150b49d3ce5d0edbb5219cd0366.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online