Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
fe48eff972f2f3d65686159c2681dc3b.jpg

I am not skilled in photos, but I've been playing around simply with my iPhone's standard photo editing. I adjusted so many things that I'm not sure I could duplicate the effort in the exact same manner, but after the adjustments and with some magnification, I feel like I can see half of his face.....it's not perfect, but I see it. Can anyone else see it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes and I wish I could unsee it!

Is taking a sleep or break with our family totally wrong? Seems I need to tread carefully? Missing?

I think I hear 4 words slurred into 3 words. "gitdan da hill" The guy doesn't have good articulation.

I am not skilled in photos, but I've been playing around simply with my iPhone's standard photo editing. I adjusted so many things that I'm not sure I could duplicate the effort in the exact same manner, but after the adjustments and with some magnification, I feel like I can see half of his face.....it's not perfect, but I see it. Can anyone else see it?

I can see it. Didn't see it at first but then I did and it startled me!

I see it. He looks younger when blown up. He has a wide face it seems and nose high up on his face.

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

I've never seen this pic before. Do you know who took it? TIA. And yes, after knowing what happened, it is super creepy. :scared:

Is this the full pic of bridge guy or has the image released been photoshopped to where he was on the bridge?

My apologies.

Thanks for acknowledging my response. I can't really fault you for misunderstanding my post - things are moving so fast it's hard to keep up. I do agree with you that some, maybe even many of the interpretations aren't helpful - I won't claim to be an expert at reading the "enhanced" images but still, IMO most of them to me anyway look like blobs and are more likely due to pareidolia.

I just wish there would be a breakthrough in the case.

Yes I can see it. Looks like big cheeks.

Which photo is this from?

I don't know if this has been mentioned, but I had a thought on the voice clip that has been distributed. Years ago, I read a book by John Douglas and one chapter focused on the trailside killer case in San Francisco and the profile that included that the killer would have a speech impediment. Douglas said he arrived at the idea that he would have a speech impediment because the killer was blitz attacking his victims in a secluded area on hiking trails. He felt this meant he had some kind of defect that caused him to lack the confidence to approach and engage his victims, even in the middle of nowhere. He said that the fact that nobody had reported seeing anyone with a noticeable disfigurement on the trails and he was effectively overpowering his victims lead him to believe it would be a speech impediment.

When they caught David Carpenter, he stuttered severely. The interesting thing was that he was caught because a victim of a would be attack escaped him. If i remember correctly, he began actually speaking to her and she said she felt bad because he stuttered badly and he somehow, opportunistically forced her into his truck. The crazy part of it is that she said once he gained control of her, his stutter went away. Luckily she escaped and he was convicted of a number of murders and attacks.

Long story, short, I think it is important to note that the killer may not sound exactly like the voice released in the Delphi case in everyday life. To me, it sounded like the crime was well-underway and he was directing them to the creek bank where they were found. He sounds very under control almost a bit excited to me. It sounded like he was operating in his comfort zone. Everyday life may not be his comfort zone and he might not sound exactly the same.

Just a strange thought that came to me.
I wrote a post about this. Because I hear "down there" not "down the hill" if you hold you tongue and say "the hill" it sounds like "there." I related it to a possible speech impedement or an accent. I related it to a Boston accent. We would hear "give me your khakis" when the person would actually be saying "give me your car keys."

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Someone on the Indiana scanner page suggested it could be a shirt like this, under the hoodie. Fox Racing
From a Fox website: (below) https://www.foxracing.com/us/mtb/
For over three decades, FOX has been an industry leader in the design and development of high performance shock absorbers and racing suspension products for snowmobiles, mountain bikes, motorcycles, ATVs, UTVs, off-road cars, trucks, and SUVs.

Not sure if this was mentioned alread
2zykar4.jpg
This last pic really looks like this clue IMO!

I don't know if this has been mentioned, but I had a thought on the voice clip that has been distributed. Years ago, I read a book by John Douglas and one chapter focused on the trailside killer case in San Francisco and the profile that included that the killer would have a speech impediment. Douglas said he arrived at the idea that he would have a speech impediment because the killer was blitz attacking his victims in a secluded area on hiking trails. He felt this meant he had some kind of defect that caused him to lack the confidence to approach and engage his victims, even in the middle of nowhere. He said that the fact that nobody had reported seeing anyone with a noticeable disfigurement on the trails and he was effectively overpowering his victims lead him to believe it would be a speech impediment.

When they caught David Carpenter, he stuttered severely. The interesting thing was that he was caught because a victim of a would be attack escaped him. If i remember correctly, he began actually speaking to her and she said she felt bad because he stuttered badly and he somehow, opportunistically forced her into his truck. The crazy part of it is that she said once he gained control of her, his stutter went away. Luckily she escaped and he was convicted of a number of murders and attacks.

Long story, short, I think it is important to note that the killer may not sound exactly like the voice released in the Delphi case in everyday life. To me, it sounded like the crime was well-underway and he was directing them to the creek bank where they were found. He sounds very under control almost a bit excited to me. It sounded like he was operating in his comfort zone. Everyday life may not be his comfort zone and he might not sound exactly the same.

It is something to consider. One thing that I have been toying with based on how "down the hill" sounded to me is that if this person does talk like that in real life they may be a current or former correctional officer - particularly at a private for-profit prison rather than a state or county-run facility. I can imagine that voice saying "in the cell" in much the same way when dealing with a prisoner.

Thanks for acknowledging my response. I can't really fault you for misunderstanding my post - things are moving so fast it's hard to keep up. I do agree with you that some, maybe even many of the interpretations aren't helpful - I won't claim to be an expert at reading the "enhanced" images but still, IMO most of them to me anyway look like blobs and are more likely due to pareidolia.

I just wish there would be a breakthrough in the case.
You're welcome. I recall others several threads ago saying they heard him say "go" or "get" after the police said it was only 3 words and I jumped the gun and misinterpreted your post. Again, sorry about that.

I too hope for a break in the case. I find it hard to believe no one has recognized BG photo or his voice yet.

Then maybe we should come up with a different name for the Perp. How about Bridge Monster, aka BM. Of course, BM stands for something else too. :wink:

I posted the same idea about 10 pages back. GMTA!

OMGosh! I just checked! It was post 425! :giggle: Wow this thread moves fast!

It is something to consider. One thing that I have been toying with based on how "down the hill" sounded to me is that if this person does talk like that in real life they may be a current or former correctional officer - particularly at a private for-profit prison rather than a state or county-run facility. I can imagine that voice saying "in the cell" in much the same way when dealing with a prisoner.
I feel like if this was the whole sentence, there would be a stresser on the first word. If you were ordering someone. DOWN the hill. EAT your peas. WASH your face.

I think the enlarged picture of the guy's face makes him look older than the first picture.

I don't think blowing up photos, or speculating about what direction the girls were walking will do us any good. We need to focus on what law enforcement is telling us and the information they have provided us.

I've read that book and there are plenty of useful take-aways. I think even as a layperson studying profiling can be pretty useful.

Back when the McStay case was at a very sad standstill I was frustrated and decided to start a profiling thread. I said, let's take a look at other cases where whole families disappeared or were killed, etc. What kind of people commit those crimes? So we started scouring the internet for cases like that (some as far back as the 1800s.) If my memory serves, they seemed to fit into roughly 3 categories - family annhilator, which didn't seem to fit our case, disturbed teen, which didn't seem to fit (and was against TOS to discuss in that thread anyway thank goodness, and business deals gone bad. That last one I admit I didn't expect to find. But by process of elimination I began to focus on that angle, theories around Joey McStay's business. Eventually, after the bodies were found, that proved to be who was arrested, a former business partner.

There were people in that forum who were suggesting the business associate angle long before I was. But they were going off hunches, rumors, things that just rubbed them the wrong way about the eventual suspect. The problem with that the majority of the posters had other theories also based on their own hunches, instincts, etc., so it was hard for people in any one camp to persuade the other.

I wish I could do that with this case and I may try. It's a totally different kind of case with a lot less info available at the moment so it may indeed be above my pay grade (which is zero, so that's not hard, haha.)

Where did the photo in thread 12/post #666 come from? I see half of a face, the guy's left eye and nose, goatie. Especially when zoomed in. I took the image from the post and sharpened it a bit. Added "emboss" filter (I don't exactly know what that does, tbh), but it seemed to make the feature stand out. http://i.imgur.com/nzqMBja.jpg
That and the voice recording are going to give me nightmares.

So, nothing new? I've been breezing through these threads because it seems like it's just rehash. Still praying they find this guy soon and we don't end up a year later debating owls in a picture.

I feel like if this was the whole sentence, there would be a stresser on the first word. If you were ordering someone. DOWN the hill. EAT your peas. WASH your face.

Oh sure. But generally speaking correctional officers (and LE for that matter) often command people without having to resort to really having to bark a command - since they command people to do or not do something often with varying degrees of cooperation from the target of their order. When faced with non-cooperation they often repeat themselves in a slightly different tone. Only after non-cooperation continues do they get more much more assertive in their tone. I think one of the quotes I saw, sorry I can't remember the article, used the word "exasperated" to describe it. I would think that would be one level before something much more assertive.

At any rate it is just something that I have been thinking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member