IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great post Irish_Eyes, and great sleuthing on the McStay case!

It kind of fits with what I was just gonna post, the link was provided by another member earlier but I'm sorry I can't remember who that was.

It's about the different types of serial killers, and I was wondering in which category our perp would fit. I quote part of the article:

"Thrill seekers are serial killers that see outsmarting the law as some sort of amusement. They enjoy attention from the media and they also enjoy being pursued by the police. They can be distinguished from other serial killers because of the fact that they send messages to others and they keep detailed records of their killings. Because of this, it is logical to say that most thrill seekers can be categorized as organized, but at the same time they do not always plan everything out in advance. For that, they are also seen as unorganized killers. Thrills seekers typically use weapons and/or rape their victims before killing them. After that, they hide the victim's corpse and they move on to their next victim, that is, unless of course they are caught in the act of doing so.

Mission-oriented serial killers are killers that feel that they are doing society a favor by ridding it of certain people; these can include young women, prostitutes, drug dealers, or homosexuals, people they feel that society could do without. These killers are generally not psychotic. Some see themselves as trying to change society. They always have a controlled crime scene, hence categorizing them as organized makes them much easier to track. However, since these killers always go after specific victims, this makes them much easier to track down.

Visionary serial killers are people that occaisionally suffer from psychotic breaks from society. They sometimes believe they are another person, or they are compelled to murder by higher entities such as God or the Devil. In fact, the two most common subcategories for visionary serial killers are demon-mandated and God-mandated. David Berkowitz is an example of such a killer. He had claimed that a demon transmitted orders to him through his neighbor's dog that told him to kill. Since visionary killers tend to be more unorganized than other killers, they are very easy to track down.

Power and Control serial killers enjoy their victim's terror, suffering and screaming. These killers tend to be very organized and they usually have a history of childhood abuse, which left them feeling powerless and inadequete as adults. Many of these killers also sexually abuse their victims, but they are not motivated by feelings of lust. To them, rape is simply another form of dominating the victim."

https://sites.google.com/site/psych...hat-are-the-different-types-of-serial-killers

If we can get a feel for what type of killer he is we might be able to deduct other possible behaviour patterns, habits, preferences, etc.

I think Abby's and Libby's killer was either a Thrill Seeker or a Power and Control killer.

What do you all think?
I think the specific moment the FBI was called in is significant.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

It absolutely makes since to me. It was my first reaction to hearing those words the way it was said. Someone calm and in control in the presence of one or more people that are not.
Or a possible suggestion? We cant assume they had control. There is a possibility this had not turned theatening at this point. Does that voice work in that scenario?

Could that be a response to a question? Do you know where _____ is? Down the hill.

Another thing to keep in mind with this bridge - it doesn't really run north-south, it runs northwest-southeast.
The orientation is almost closer to west-east than north-south.

Yes it makes sense. He definitely sounds as if he knows he's in control. He felt sure in his position at the point he said those words.

Indeed. cool, confident and in control, not raging or shouting.
It struck me that Sgt. Slocum told Crime Watch that he sounded exasperated;

"Hopefully somebody recognizes that voice," said Slocum. "It sounds like he's a little exasperated, like he told them before to do it."
https://crimewatchdaily.com/2017/02...a-to-join-manhunt-for-indiana-girls-murderer/

Now someone had asked in a previous thread why he would seem like he is speculating if he actually knows what's on the tape?

IMO he DOES know exactly what's on the tape but they are not releasing that. Instead he is subtly saying that he knows the guy is exasperated from whatever came before that. So if you know someone that sounds like that when he is exasperated they want to know.

:cow:

(Last night this time I when i was outside looking at the stars I was wondering if he was out camping somewhere, looking at the same stars as me, but feeling the heat, looking over his shoulder, estranged and alone...

Tonight as I look at the stars and feel the cold mountain chill as darkness envelopes and creepy night vibes roll in I have a completely different thought/feeling. That he is maybe warm and cozy inside, and quite proud of himself. Laughing at all of us. And excited about stalking, hunting and killing his next prey.

Of course assuming a random pedophile killer boogeyman in the woods.
Late night speculative brainstorming...jmo, moo, imo.
And this is so gross that he is even on my mind...brain bleach please.)

Or a possible suggestion? We cant assume they had control. There is a possibility this had not turned theatening at this point. Does that voice work in that scenario?

Could that be a response to a question? Do you know where _____ is? Down the hill.

Sure it could be that. Not something that can be discounted. My sense from the way LE described that snippet of audio, in context, ("hoping they don't have to release more" ) is that the girls were already distressed at the point. I could be quite wrong about that, but that is my sense.

"Hopefully somebody recognizes that voice," said Slocum. "It sounds like he's a little exasperated, like he told them before to do it."
https://crimewatchdaily.com/2017/02...a-to-join-manhunt-for-indiana-girls-murderer/

Now someone had asked in a previous thread why he would seem like he is speculating if he actually knows what's on the tape?

IMO he DOES know exactly what's on the tape but they are not releasing that. Instead he is subtly saying that he knows the guy is exasperated from whatever came before that. So if you know someone that sounds like that when he is exasperated they want to know.

BBM

Ooh yes! That little breadcrumb he tossed is more like a crouton.

If you listen to this. He clearly says "go" before down the hill.

[video=youtube;H3FOw8DFP5w]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3FOw8DFP5w[/video]
I actually hear GET down the hill. The difference, to me, is that GO down the hill is more like giving direction, while GET down the hill is more like an order.

Totally...

Oh :( And the first time they didn't comply, or were not fast enough. Terrible to think about. Poor girls :(

I actually hear GET down the hill. The difference, to me, is that GO down the hill is more like giving direction, while GET down the hill is more like an order.

I also hear "Get".

The above clip by burnt toast has isolated "go" it seems...unless you guys are still hearing "get" in that, which is entirely possible :biggrin:

Eta: Man you guys need your ears checked..JUST KIDDING!!!!!!

It sounds calm yet authoritative. As mentioned before someone who is used to giving orders, or someone who is tired of taking orders. Ex military? Hope my quote worked this time. since I replied to quote,

Did the obscure post about Meth dealing get deleted? I know exactly where that post was going. It is worth sleuthing.

Has it been confirmed that the area the girls were found on the 14th was or wasn't searched on the 13th? Just curious, I can't seem to find an answer. I've probably missed it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has it been confirmed that the area the girls were found on the 14th was or wasn't searched on the 13th? Just curious, I can't seem to find an answer. I've probably missed it.

I'm wondering the same thing.

If this is an image that you edited, you must clearly indicate so. If it is from somewhere else, you must provide a link; otherwise it has to be removed.

Thanks !!

Sillybilly
WS ADMIN
This picture jogged my memory of what I thought the first time I saw close-up of the perp from Libby's phone. My first impression was that he had been under the bridge and had just come up over the side, especially back towards the higher slope. He had either been down in the bushes/creek or climbed partway up one of the supports, watched for the girls to approach and then went up on top of the bridge. It was just a feeling, not a validated fact. But now that we know about plastic prize boxes lurking up under the bridge, it would make sense. Again, sense - not fact. Just something to ponder.
And I still come back to the underground meth community in the area. There was another case I was reading about (sorry, memory is down for repairs) in which the perp attacked/killed his victim after a whole night high on meth and he still had enough energy to rebuild the Monon Bridge from scratch. So a fueled addict could easily scuttle up and down the bridge supports as well as the steep paths. For a look at some of the meth problem look at this link :
http://fox59.com/2016/11/14/35-susp...n-johnson-county-after-3-month-investigation/
And lastly, there's something about this case that reminds me of the one in Ohio where the Rhoden family died.
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/10/2...it-on-ohio-family-6-months-after-murders.html
No one was ever apprehended in that case, despite the significant number of people who were killed. Makes you wonder...
In fact, there are a number of points listed here that would be perfect for self-sleuthers to go off into the web and research.
MOO

Did the obscure post about Meth dealing get deleted? I know exactly where that post was going. It is worth sleuthing.

Yes, it was deleted. I wish I knew where it was going. That area has a HUGE drug problem. I has occurred to me that these girls may have simply seen something they shouldn't have, and a strung-out druggie reacted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tankaroo