IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I created an account just to thank everyone here. I was high school friends with Abi's mother and have been closely watching this case since I saw her post that her daughter was missing. A lot of us went our separate ways out of high school, but we've all kept in touch through Facebook. I feel as if I watched Abi grow up, albeit from a distance, and am terribly heartbroken by this all. I'm happy to see there are people out there that care enough about perfect strangers to dedicate time to figure things out. I understand why LE is so tight-lipped, but it can be so frustrating. Thank you.

Thank you for stopping by. My sincere condolences on this tragic loss. Do feel free to post or visit often. :grouphug:

So they have nothing of obvious value. I really thought they'd have this solved today. This crime, the fact that is was (most likely) documented by Liberty, indicated to me he was not a sophisticated killer.

I didn't expect this to take as long as it has. He left a trail. He didn't cover his tracks.

MOO there is no way this mans DNA is catalogued. They have the results back by now. He isn't in the database.

Either he was so confident in his actions that he didn't feel the need to cover his tracks, or he's so ignorant he didn't think to.

If he didn't think to, I imagine he'd be caught.

This might take some time, folks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They could try the controversial testing that scans "related" DNA. So they can broaden the potential match to family members of the perp. I'm frankly not sure on the current law regarding that though or how it varies from state to state.

I created an account just to thank everyone here. I was high school friends with Abi's mother and have been closely watching this case since I saw her post that her daughter was missing. A lot of us went our separate ways out of high school, but we've all kept in touch through Facebook. I feel as if I watched Abi grow up, albeit from a distance, and am terribly heartbroken by this all. I'm happy to see there are people out there that care enough about perfect strangers to dedicate time to figure things out. I understand why LE is so tight-lipped, but it can be so frustrating. Thank you.

Oh man. This must be horrific for you. Hugs to you and all who know these kids and their families.

So they have nothing of obvious value. I really thought they'd have this solved today. This crime, the fact that is was (most likely) documented by Liberty, indicated to me he was not a sophisticated killer.

I didn't expect this to take as long as it has. He left a trail. He didn't cover his tracks.

MOO there is no way this mans DNA is catalogued. They have the results back by now. He isn't in the database.

Either he was so confident in his actions that he didn't feel the need to cover his tracks, or he's so ignorant he didn't think to.

If he didn't think to, I imagine he'd be caught.

This might take some time, folks.

I agree. I also find it a bit disheartening that they have to pass out flyers in their own town of 3,000. In my mind, each and every person in that town has already tried to figure out if he could be someone they know.

I have had this thread open on my phone since I found out about it via Reddit. I didn't even know such a place existed. I'll be glued here, and I will slowly begin to look around.
Thank you for stopping by. My sincere condolences on this tragic loss. Do feel free to post or visit often. :grouphug:

In a post I did awhile back I mentioned cell phone tower workers. My former husband worked in this industry and I can tell you that they dress like this, many have criminal records, many do major drugs, and they travel around. A person climbing cell towers is NOT afraid of heights, can be bigger and older and yet still agile. This is what this BG looked like to me and I hope LE has looked in the area for these types of things going on like construction of the towers and maintenance companies of cell towers. Those guys are also used to climbing with tools. I think he has things stuck in his coat, a bag, a rope... and in the kangaroo pocket of the hoodie he has his weapons. The shoes look more brown to me like high top hiking boots which yes, a lot of them wear. Just my two cents!

Checking back all the time because this crime makes me angry. I am a photographer and wander lonesome places for pictures, but now it is time to carry my gun. These 2 young girls should be alive, happy, and continuing life. This should be dead, not them.

JMO/thanks

Interesting point. That made me think of windmills too, there is a large wind farm about 30 miles directly west.

Just my mind racing with ideas....
what if the girls were spooked - as we are all theorizing and then they decided to NOT walk back across the bridge, yet decided to hike down (from the south end) and across the water, back up to their meeting spot -- just hit me that they could have been that scared of him and already headed into the woods vs. risking crossing paths on the bridge again.

That's a good point. There's nothing that says they had to stick to the trail. It's just horrible to think of them running scared from him the entire time...

Just sharing one more tweet with pic of mail received over weekend with donations for reward:
[video=twitter;836293003601924096]https://twitter.com/Shannon_Houser/status/836293003601924096[/video]

(I've never seen this before in case, you guys? )

Fantastic, the reward is almost at $100,000, billboards, radio ads, the heat is on! The largest reward I've seen was Holly Bobo's at $250,0000...

Nothing new on HLN. They played the audio again and showed the billboard. Casey Jordan is on as the "expert". She says it's a disorganized killer who wasn't planning the crime, but had been fantasizing about it. He may have just gotten in a fight with his girlfriend or wife or just lost his job. She doesn't think the guy is local since he hasn't been found. She's concerned that 2 weeks have passed so this guy is likely not in a known LE database.

Thank you! I was typing out a summary and my page refreshed and I lost it all, ugh, so annoying. Just to add a little to yours:

They showed a little What We Know box that said:
Suspect: male, white
Libby recorded suspect
Audio: "Down the hill"
Police have more videos
Case not tied to others

ETA: This was from the HLN news segment

but at 1 or 2pm wouldn't the sun be roughly just above her?

Thank you! I was typing out a summary and my page refreshed and I lost it all, ugh, so annoying. Just to add a little to yours:

They showed a little What We Know box that said:
Suspect: male, white
Libby recorded suspect
Audio: "Down the hill"
Police have more videos
Case not tied to others

Sorry, is this an HLN rundown?

I agree. I also find it a bit disheartening that they have to pass out flyers in their own town of 3,000. In my mind, each and every person in that town has already tried to figure out if he could be someone they know.

I'm sure out-of-towners pass through now and then

Just sharing one more tweet with pic of mail received over weekend with donations for reward:
[video=twitter;836293003601924096]https://twitter.com/Shannon_Houser/status/836293003601924096[/video]

If someone knows this guy that sure is an incentive to turn him in.

IMO I'm not actually sure if the girls even crossed the bridge completely? I feel like it's a pretty scary bridge and they could've just been hanging out by the bridge / on the part of the bridge where it is still above land. It's a lot scarier walking over the water. Perhaps they saw BG walk past them and he was acting strange or they saw him coming across the bridge and he looked odd. Maybe he walked towards the south side and then turned around halfway which the girls noticed. For all we know he could've been humming a tune that got Libby's attention to film him or his demeanour / hands in pockets. I don't think he would've approached them on the bridge though. But the photo indicates he definitely did something to spark Libby / Abby's interest. I'm curious as to whether the first video was a reaction to being creeped out or to document odd behaviour or even funny behaviour. I also think that the video the audio clip is taken from / could be the same video and that she may have left it recording in her pocket by accident or on purpose OR forgot to turn it off after he approached them and made contact. I don't think there was much time passed between the BG bridge photos & the audio clip. - All an opinion / speculation of course!

I initially thought the same but the sun is on her right, coming from the west, so that doesn't work.

I think Libby is on one of the platforms.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Maybe a member can compare the bridge walk video to the image of Abi - comparing the rotted railroad ties with where she is stepping to help clear up the question of direction.

[video=youtube;edK8DJVW890]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edK8DJVW890[/video]

Right. The top picture I posted isnt correct, sorry. I believe the direction is incorrect. I believe when she is standing here she is actually standing at the North end, extending behind her is the south end, meaning she isn't half way out. Otherwise whomever took this is teetering on the edge to take the picture. Whoever took this is standing on the ground at the foot of the bridge
bd2d3f0645dc16d67c4d226c520138f8.jpg

I have to wonder if the girls ever crossed the bridge or walked out so far and turned to walk back for a picture, to make it appear they had walked it. Idk jmo

How do they find someone no one knows?
I don't think he left DNA.
I think he had surgical gloves on.
A pic that's not so great ....
The guy is a ghost....

respectfully, all killers make mistakes. LE just needs to find the mistake...... JMO

Just my mind racing with ideas....
what if the girls were spooked - as we are all theorizing and then they decided to NOT walk back across the bridge, yet decided to hike down (from the south end) and across the water, back up to their meeting spot -- just hit me that they could have been that scared of him and already headed into the woods vs. risking crossing paths on the bridge again.

The more photos I see of the bridge and the shape it's in and the area, the more I think something like that could be possible and I was just thinking that myself this morning. I know as a young teenager of a couple times a friend and I saw a "creeper guy" or someone that raised our fear from following us or who kept appearing where we were, we tried to just get away from them and that included being in a wooded park once and going off trail and just hauling booty through the trees in a straight line, once we lost line of sight with them on a curvy trail.
I was also thinking, growing up in a small town as a teen, it wasn't unusual for us to just wander around parks or areas like the one they were in. Or just go out for no reason but to hangout. I kind of don't even think there was a specific reason they were out there, other than to just go somewhere that kids their age hung out and take photos, etc. I know kids now have more technology and such, but I feel like it's probably not much different than when I grew up in some ways. We used to ride bikes down the dirt roads from our houses, 2 miles into "town" to go sit at a picnic table at the park. For hours.
I don't know that I think BG/BM knew Liberty and Abby specifically were going to be there...I wonder if he just knew school was out, kids hung out there and was in general looking for anyone as a victim. I really think anyone out there that appealed to him and was there and the timing was right for no one being around, could have been the ones.
*shrug* Just my thoughts. I'm not much of a sleuther compared to you all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Neejo