IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are there traffic cams on the highway in that area?

I wonder what the events were leading up to the girls being dropped off. Did they stop somewhere for lunch or something else and mention the trail? Someone overheard it? If so I hope LE is looking at the surveillance videos in that place or places.

Hmmm. Well. Wonder why?

Sent from my LGLS675 using Tapatalk

LE also hasn't released who dropped them off either...LE wants the public to ID the suspect based on picture and video, but really that's all they want the public to know..they have their reasons I"m sure. There is a very long list of things we don't know..who dropped off the girls, who was supposed to pick them up and what time that person arrived to pick them up, COD, TOD, do they have any DNA evidence? and the list goes on an on....

It is not unusual at all. Typically, LE does not announce that people are cleared until an arrest is made. However, every case is different. Last year when Amanda Blackburn was murdered in Indianapolis, LE announced that her husband had nothing to do with her murder almost immediately, even though they didn't arrest the perps until a few weeks later.
I think it would be extremely helpful if there were some sort of list, like with unidentified people on NAMUS (I believe) of those who were ruled out. I’m sure, there would still be those people who would harass those who were ruled out.

Just told the mechanic at my garage that part of the reg on my car was POI

Its really not.

Maybe a break?

:thinking:

I haven't the slightest idea what this means. Am I dense?

I'm curious if anyone thinks it might be the man captured for raping the 8 year old girl?

He did miss a court date on February 14.

http://nbc4i.com/2017/02/14/police-searching-for-ohio-man-accused-of-raping-8-year-old/

He has since been captured and has pleaded guilty by reason of insanity:

http://www.wvillustrated.com/story/34617551/bond-set-at-10m-for-accused-child-rapist

What caught my eye is the judge just set his bond at $10 million. That seems really high to me. The other odd thing is on his profile pic on his Facebook page he has a thing hanging down from his belt on the same side that some of us have speculated might have been hanging down from BG's belt. I have no idea what it is. Just weird. But it is that high bond that really gets to me. They do say they have his DNA, so if it is him, hopefully there will be a match (or not) when they get the girls' DNA back.
Wouldn't it be something if this was our man. He's been on the run for six months. He favor loose blue jeans. He likes to camp. He's a sexual deviant. And he's of the general size of our BG. Wonder what his hair looked like on the 13th...

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I don't have a source so treat as rumor:

I remember it being said they were different people. One dropped them off (I think we heard who but can't discuss) and another went to pick them up.

Are there traffic cams on the highway in that area?

I have been wondering this same thing...

Or...

Are there any wildlife cams in the area?

Biologists often set up wildlife cams in open areas where I live...
To study the animal behavior...

As do landowners...

:thinking:

I think it would be extremely helpful if there were some sort of list, like with unidentified people on NAMUS (I believe) of those who were ruled out. I’m sure, there would still be those people who would harass those who were ruled out.

It would be really helpful... but there must be a reason why they don't want to do it.

Well, I looked up attempted abductions, and for just children it's over 12 thousand since 2005. I gave up. I can't find any state-specific statistics.

People are getting bogged down over what this guy WAS wearing. IT DOES NOT MATTER. He has changed his clothes and possibly shaved. The ONLY important part of the photo is his face and his overall body type. Hat/no hat, dad jeans, hoodie/no hoodie, taser, gun, hot shot - none of that is important in recognizing this man NOW. There are way too many posts about clothing. IMO
Everything matters IMO.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

I haven't the slightest idea what this means. Am I dense?

In the uk we have a reg plate.. usual a mix of numbers and letters 7 I believe.
Called the garage to ask progress of my car and he asked for reg.. swore blind part of the reg was POI.. it isn't, at all..

Just this case playing on my mind..

It is POA.. so nearly there.

Sorry, forgot to add this part. Her mother would usually walk with her, but was ill that day and Vanessa went on their daily walk alone. She even brought their or her walking stick which was later found. Breaks my heart. I'm not familiar with CA at all, as we wait for new breaks or cases in the present, take a moment and see if there is anything anyone might connect for Vanessa and her mother. Thank you everyone. :websleuther:

I agree that they were from a video. But you can take video with the front-facing camera.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
But the issue is the direction of the sunlight you see on BG. It doesn't matter, it is impossible to have the sunlight hitting BG on his right side and also be going the opposite direction (north) on that bridge without the time of day being somewhere in the morning (likely before 11:30 am at that location).

I'm curious if anyone thinks it might be the man captured for raping the 8 year old girl?

He did miss a court date on February 14.

http://nbc4i.com/2017/02/14/police-searching-for-ohio-man-accused-of-raping-8-year-old/

He has since been captured and has pleaded guilty by reason of insanity:

http://www.wvillustrated.com/story/34617551/bond-set-at-10m-for-accused-child-rapist

What caught my eye is the judge just set his bond at $10 million. That seems really high to me. The other odd thing is on his profile pic on his Facebook page he has a thing hanging down from his belt on the same side that some of us have speculated might have been hanging down from BG's belt. I have no idea what it is. Just weird. But it is that high bond that really gets to me. They do say they have his DNA, so if it is him, hopefully there will be a match (or not) when they get the girls' DNA back.

Eeew. Yes, he could be the guy but then every guy looks like BG to me.

The 2 girls at once thing...

I admit to always being afraid of kidnapping/abduction and stranger danger from a young age myself and I have spent many, many hours over the years playing "what if" with my kids as they were growing up. "What if he has free kittens??" "What if it's a lady?" "What if it's just another kid?" "What if they say your mom said to pick you up?" etc - we call this the "what if" game and they also add scenarios and so on. Point being I would assume they are well versed in trickery and are ahead of the curve on what to do if something horrible happens.

I asked my daughters (independently of each other) last night "what if someone grabbed your sister with a knife to her throat??"

To my dismay they insisted they would never run and leave the other behind. I was very encouraging that they could be the only way to get help or they would be a witness if something terrible happened and so on and nope, they 100% insisted they would stay and fight and would never leave even after I insisted that that running is what they MUST do. The fact that they both said this without input from the other is very telling IMO. It must be highly instinctual to not leave someone behind and nearly impossible to convince them otherwise.

Anecdotal of course but this makes me think it wasn't that difficult for him to get both of them to comply. Really sad and really scary.
Exactly. And I mentioned this before. ... have you ever seen how much people are crucified if a person goes missing after their friends have left for the night? So much "why would they leave their friend at that bar! I would never!" kind of thing. So, people think friends should leave or shouldnt leave only after the fact. As a matter of fact, a boy and his cousin were out and one got grabbed and ultimately killed (horrible case. I can get the name if anyone wants it). First thing people said was question why did cousin run and not help. The right answer only can come in hindsight. And honestly, there is no real good answer. You can never judge what a victim does in that moment. They all do what they think still keep them safest in that moment.

All we can do is play "what if" games in hopes that our babies have a chance, in the unfortunate event they ever encounter a monster. Most of us train for alone and being grabbed- kick, scream, run, fight. But I had never thought to do a gun or a weapon to a friend thing. Now i did! And honestly, if a person grabbed my son's cousin today and held a knife to him, I can tell you my son isn't leaving him. That's his idol and his heart and he would never leave him behind. I respect that loyalty. I also would never leave my son. Monsters know or bonds are stronger than our self preservation, lots of times.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

I just had a disturbing thought, and I'm sharing it here - please shoot it down because I don't want it to be true.

Could the perp himself have filmed his crimes using Libby's phone and left it as evidence on purpose?

jmopinon, thinking aloud, speculation, not fact
Omg. I hope not, especially for the investigators and future jurors sake who have to watch this kind of evidence.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member