IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope drivers that drove with dash cam recorders are reviewing them for license and make of vehicles..

I definitely think it was someone familiar with the area. Is it possible to look up people that have hunting/fishing licenses in the area? I'm a new poster so go easy on me. 😏

Just getting in and caught up. Last night there was discussion about the possible shoe covers (band around the shoe, used in meat processing plants to secure shower cap like booties)...I am hoping to see further discussion on this because I think this is an exciting potential lead.

Also, maybe he was using booties to potentially cover his tracks (maybe not necessarily on the bridge). Forensic teams also wear such booties.

I insist the man in the photo may be a scapegoat even find it possible that the same killer took the photo of the man, if it was the murderer of the photo first would not have let himself take the photographI insist the man in the photo may be a scapegoat even find it possible that the same killer took the photo of the man, if it was the murderer of the photo first would not have let himself take the photograph.

I can't quite see the couple aspect of this crime, not if the police believe he was hitchhiking especially. A couple hitching would be far more memorable, in which case I think LE would allude to the possibility. Also, if no vehicle, if makes it seem less likely to me that any thought of trafficking, which always pops up, is not the case.

Imo, either he was seeking victims, or happened upon them.
I doubt a couple did this. And if there was a couple there that day, you can bet your last dollar LE has or is tracking them down to get a statement. They are potential witnesses even if they didn't know at the time. And I don't expect LE to tell us anything they are told by this couple until a trial.

PLEASE HEAR ME OUT and don't discard this as a possibility, also read the whole post before jumping to conclusions! This is Websleuths after all and I just want justice for Abby and Libby... more than anything.

I don't think that it's just a mere coincidence that their bodies were found on this person's property and he wasn't home the day they went missing (I am not saying he is the suspect but perhaps a relative of his). I'm happy for all the billboards in all 46 states and all but BG is definitely from the area. He was comfortable enough to kill 2 girls in broad daylight because he knew it was desolate, no one would hear/see anything, he also took them to another area (he knows this place very well). Since property owner wasn't home, maybe a cousin or friend went to 'house sit' or feed his pets, etc and decided to take a hike and saw the girls. He left them on that property and walked up to the home, showered, cleaned himself, changed (since no one was home, no one saw him cleaning himself or anything suspicious) and then he left. In the interview given by this man he is also wearing a camo hat (relevant to those who think BG is wearing a hat), a blue jacket, 'dad' jeans, so this just tells that he associates with people that dress similarly. Again, I AM NOT SAYING that this man has anything to do with it, but perhaps a relative, friend, cousin... etc. He is very old too and sometimes old people forget or aren't mindful of small details so maybe he hasn't been able to help with any information but I am sure something weird is going on here. My gut instinct just tells me so. Most of the time people expand too far or think too hard and the answer was right under their noses the whole time. Maybe the answer is just right in front of us, maybe this is why the suspect hasn't been caught yet because the search is so broad. I believe he is hiding in plain view; no one has noticed or would think that he would do that. Or he's a loner and not a lot of people know him.

It's an interesting theory, but I don't see it working. For one thing, the guy was gone for hours, not for days. I don't know anybody who has someone house sit while they run errands or visit friends for the day (I don't think it was ever said what he was doing in town), and since he was home before dark, I doubt anyone would have to feed any pets while he was gone. I thought I had read that he was in Delphi that day, but that may have been the following day. That doesn't mean the person didn't know that RL would be gone most of the day, but it's unlikely that he actually had free access to the house (unless the doors are always left unlocked like they are in many homes in rural areas.)

I definitely think it was someone familiar with the area. Is it possible to look up people that have hunting/fishing licenses in the area? I'm a new poster so go easy on me. ��

Welcome to Websleuths!

:welcome:

Can someone catch me up on why we are focusing on the cemetery now? (Very busy at work and way behind threads)

Mostly because it seems to be the best parking area & has quick access to the location the girls were found. Is a good escape route. If he arrived there he could enter the woods & stalk people coming through the trail, follow them down the bridge, take them across the creek, then go up the hill and leave through the cemetery without being noticed. If he parked at the usual monon high bridge parking area it would draw attention, it's a very small parking area. He could have parked at the property owner's house but that seems pretty risky too. Locals driving by might take notice of someone parked at a neighbors house but might not pay too much attention to someone visiting the cemetery. There's also a couple trees you could park behind at the cemetery which would conceal your vehicle enough to where people driving by likely wouldnt even notice it being there.

The police spent a lot of time at the cemetery, on the day they were found there were a dozen or so vehicles parked there. I'm assuming they mostly used it to gain access to where the bodies were discovered which tells you it provides good access to that area.

I think the killer knew the girls were going to be there. He was prepared to take down two. He could have laid in wait for one victim but he chose these two. I don't think he was waiting around willy-nilly for a victim to happen his way. Yes, I am fully aware that he could have been, but I don't think that is the case.

LOCALS: It was a fairly nice day. A day when there was no school in session. Is it typical for people to go to that area this time of the year? If so, do you have a feel for how many people might have been there that day?

If he lives in the area, it's quite possible that he didn't drive a car or park anywhere. He could be the adult son or family member of one of the nearby property owners. He would be familiar with the area. You would be surprised how many older adult parents with adult children that are non productive citizens have no clue what their adult child does or is capable of doing especially if they are older people. He is not a social person and it's a small town so he can fly under the radar.
That was a thought that crossed my mind as well. Maybe the fact that no one is reporting someone missing from work that day means that he simply does not work, and he lives with elderly parent(s). He comes across as a loner, probably doesn't have any friends or social life outside of video game forums or the Dark Web that some posters have brought up. He possibly has no relationship history, which has caused him anger and hatred toward women resulting in violent fantasies. He is intimidated by adult women, so prefers children because it gives him a greater sense of power and control.

In short, I still believe this was a local. I just get the impression that he's very familiar with the park and especially has a degree of familiarity with that bridge based on the pics on how well he navigated it. It looks like he was at total ease up there, while most other people upon seeing it for the first time are like, "Heck no! I'm not crossing that!"

This is just my opinion of course! It's hard painting a complete picture with such scarce details. I just hope he is caught soon. Each day this monster has freedom, is one day too many.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

My theory changed almost immediately once I got into Delphi. Originally I thought that maybe it was a random passerby possibly hitchhiking. It took me an hour to find this place via GPS and asking two separate people for directions. IMO there is no way someone just stumbled onto this bridge at the exact same time these two girls did.

I don't really have 1 solid theory. I think it was planned out very meticulously. IMO it was someone who knew the girls and knew they were going to be there and knew there was no school that day. Whether that was a Delphi citizen/family/friend or someone the girls met online and were thinking they were meeting up with, then along comes this guy in the middle of nowhere and they got spooked.

My other theory is that they were dropped off at the trail right beside highway 25/Hoosier Heartland, they walked across the top of the interstate and someone saw them, knew the area, and made a U-turn to catch up with them, knowing the bridge and hoping to catch them alone.

I don't think they parked in front of the trial or walked the trail from in town, that's a hike and their vehicle would have been sitting right on the road for all to see. I believe the perp parked at the back of the cemetery where it was kind of hidden, came in the northeast side of the woods and cased the area, watching the girls for a while to plan just the right moment to confront them for the attack. He saw them at the Southwest side of the bridge where its desolate and secluded and followed them, I think they saw him and got scared and and started walking fast to the North end, this is closest to any kind of population, other walkers, and the house right on the road. My first thought in that situation is to try and get somewhere safe where other people are. They snapped a photo over their shoulder but kept moving. I think he was walking very fast and trying to watch his step to catch up and this is why his feet/foot looks strange in the one picture.

Maybe once they got to the end of the trail they felt a little more relaxed and safer? Anyway, I think he caught up with them at the end and somehow accosted them and made them go up the East side of the bridge into the woods, there's a hill there and you can't see over it from the bridge or path and led them back towards the cemetery, and took them down closer to the water because it's hidden, did whatever horrible things I cannot even think about and left immediately. I'm sure he asked them what time they were going to be picked up, he knew he was on a time schedule and wasn't going to waste time hiking all over the woods and through the water or dragging bodies.

But............I honestly have no idea what happened! LOL
That's just my theory. I hope they catch this soon!

I agree that he didnt just park a car in plain sight and he must have intercepted them along the trail since he is not seen anywhere behind them in that long shot of the bridge posted of Abby. But what do you make of the date of death of Abby being listed a day later than Libby? Abby's obit states she died Feb 14 whereas Libby's states Feb 13.

Mostly because it seems to be the best parking area & has quick access to the location the girls were found. Is a good escape route. If he arrived there he could enter the woods & stalk people coming through the trail, follow them down the bridge, take them across the creek, then go up the hill and leave through the cemetery without being noticed. If he parked at the usual monon high bridge parking area it would draw attention, it's a very small parking area. He could have parked at the property owner's house but that seems pretty risky too. Locals driving by might take notice of someone parked at a neighbors house but might not pay too much attention to someone visiting the cemetery. There's also a couple trees you could park behind at the cemetery which would conceal your vehicle enough to where people driving by likely wouldnt even notice it being there.

The police spent a lot of time at the cemetery, on the day they were found there were a dozen or so vehicles parked there. I'm assuming they mostly used it to gain access to where the bodies were discovered which tells you it provides good access to that area.

I hope they searched the area before they parked around the cemetery. That has bothered me since I saw it.

I insist the man in the photo may be a scapegoat even find it possible that the same killer took the photo of the man, if it was the murderer of the photo first would not have let himself take the photographI insist the man in the photo may be a scapegoat even find it possible that the same killer took the photo of the man, if it was the murderer of the photo first would not have let himself take the photograph.

I like the theory but one flaw... then why hasn't the man come forward in the pic to clear his name?

I definitely think it was someone familiar with the area. Is it possible to look up people that have hunting/fishing licenses in the area? I'm a new poster so go easy on me. 😏

Welcome to WS!

I would imagine the FBI is already on looking into that, but good idea nonetheless. Personally, I think fishing licenses would be the better place to start since that land is (I'm assuming) not open for hunting.

I agree that he didnt just park a car in plain sight and he must have intercepted them along the trail since he is not seen anywhere behind them in that long shot of the bridge posted of Abby. But what do you make of the date of death of Abby being listed a day later than Libby? Abby's obit states she died Feb 14 whereas Libby's states Feb 13.

I read somewhere that the families were given a choice between listing them deceased based on when they were last known to be alive and when they were found because the autopsy hadn't been conducted yet or something to that effect. And each family chose a different date. Not 100% on that though.

If he lives in the area, it's quite possible that he didn't drive a car or park anywhere. He could be the adult son or family member of one of the nearby property owners. He would be familiar with the area. You would be surprised how many older adult parents with adult children that are non productive citizens have no clue what their adult child does or is capable of doing especially if they are older people. He is not a social person and it's a small town so he can fly under the radar.
Absolutely agree on this. A "social marginal" whose older parents have no focus outside of their own kitchen and television. MOO

I think the killer knew the girls were going to be there. He was prepared to take down two. He could have laid in wait for one victim but he chose these two. I don't think he was waiting around willy-nilly for a victim to happen his way. Yes, I am fully aware that he could have been, but I don't think that is the case.

LOCALS: It was a fairly nice day. A day when there was no school in session. Is it typical for people to go to that area this time of the year? If so, do you have a feel for how many people might have been there that day?

Rocket. I am not that local but years ago it was not uncommon for a day like this I would go to the park at the entrance in town. Reily Park has kids swingset and such, a soccer field, and benches. Going out to a bridge that would scare most people to cross it I am not so sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Neejo