IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know LE has to be tight lipped about the case, understandably. But why do you think they wouldn't at least say who dropped the girls off and who was supposed to pick them up? Less grief for the families so that people didn't jump to conclusions?

Gone cold in 2 weeks? I beg to differ. I think it's white hot behind the scenes.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I totally agree. It is still lava hot...not cooling at all. Reward went to over $200,000 today.

JMO but if it is true that vagrants have been seen in that area and the property owner of where the girls body was found has had issues in the past, then why does he have to be local or have local ties? Perhaps vagrants talk and he rides the rails (I’m not giving up on that theory until proven wrong)… The tracks are right by the trail, he could have hopped off the train either washed up back there or had been staying back there saw the girls and did what he did, then walked back out on the trail got on the train and vanished. IMO he is not local and does not have ties to the land owner at all. JMO

First time I've seen the gif -- interesting and ominous.

bbm -- Perhaps. Or perhaps some people are simply sociopaths. I'm guessing the latter is more common.

If you look at that GIF one photo makes him look like he has a mustache the other doesn't because of the sun. It looks like a much lighter mustache then I thought. The guy in the video walking with a group of people on the trail looks identical to this man.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

I know LE has to be tight lipped about the case, understandably. But why do you think they wouldn't at least say who dropped the girls off and who was supposed to pick them up? Less grief for the families so that people didn't jump to conclusions?

I don't think LE feels that the drop off and pick up people have anything to do with the girls' murders so they aren't focused on addressing that with the public. On day one or two, it was said that Liberty's sister dropped the girls off and that another relative arrived to pick the girls up. I just don't think it has any bearing on the murders.

Because hopefully there will be a trial. I've been part of an investigation like this. There is SO MUCH that isn't released to the public until trial. In fact, as a survivor in a homicide case, I didn't know a lot of details. When you testify, they want you to be as untainted as possible.

JMO but if it is true that vagrants have been seen in that area and the property owner of where the girls body was found has had issues in the past, then why does he have to be local or have local ties? Perhaps vagrants talk and he rides the rails (I’m not giving up on that theory until proven wrong)… The tracks are right by the trail, he could have hopped off the train either washed up back there or had been staying back there saw the girls and did what he did, then walked back out on the trail got on the train and vanished. IMO he is not local and does not have ties to the land owner at all. JMO

Kinda my thoughts as well.... a drifter, homeless, whatever etc who hitched a ride outa there or climbed aboard a rail train.

If you look at that GIF one photo makes him look like he has a mustache the other doesn't because of the sun. It looks like a much lighter mustache then I thought. The guy in the video walking with a group of people on the trail looks identical to this man.

he was discussed at length and mods spent a lot of time and effort to clean up threads and we got a lot of time outs. people sent it to LE so it's a subject that is probably best off left off the forum, JMO, i'm not telling you how to post but just offering insight on why you may not get a lot of positive feedback on the topic. :)

I get the feeling and not from today's topic and not from gruesome rumors I've read elsewhere, that they were not simply murdered.

I've never thought they were :(.

Other people here who have visited the trails and the area this happened in said its sort of difficult to find unless you're familiar with the area. IMO, he had to have been fairly local at some point, not even necessarily living in Delphi, but somewhere near. Killing someone in broad daylight without getting caught is pretty crazy, so he seemed to have known the spot that would work for that. JMO.

Because hopefully there will be a trial. I've been part of an investigation like this. There is SO MUCH that isn't released to the public until trial. In fact, as a survivor in a homicide case, I didn't know a lot of details. When you testify, they want you to be as untainted as possible.

I know what it is like to lose a child, but I cannot imagine being a homicide survivor. I tip my hat to you!

The railway, it's Norfolk Southern, correct? I have a KML file of the entire railway but it's too big for me to add to the map and in other news I think I broke google earth o_O

Gone cold in 2 weeks? I beg to differ. I think it's white hot behind the scenes.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

It may not be cold, in fact I doubt it is
But... I don't feel LE is any closer to an arrest than they were in the beginning. JMO

I thought it was known that first Monday that a sister one of the girls dropped them off.

The case has gone cold. I really don't think they are working with much. The idea some of you have about him not be local is insane. Those woods and trails are so isolated and deserted that there is no way someone just happened to be passing through, got out, found a bridge that is hard to get to, and there just so happened to be 2 girls on it he killed. IMO this guy had spoken to them previously online, maybe pretending to be someone younger, and the meeting was arranged. When the girls seen a guy coming, who looked much older or different than the person they thought they were talking with, they got their phone out to record a little bit because they at that point had a suspicion. This was not random. Think about it guys.

While I agree that its someone that knows the area I don't think a meeting between the girls or the perp were set up via social media . I think if it had been an arrest would already of been made. Its so much harder to be anonymous online then it is in real life . With the FBI working the case that would of been one of the first things they checked for

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

I totally agree. It is still lava hot...not cooling at all. Reward went to over $200,000 today.

I agree that this case is NOT a cold case.

I know several of us have brought up Karina Vetrano (NYC jogger). In her case, it seemed like it went cold. But, quiety and out of the public eye, detectives were doing tedious work. One detective went back to people who were given summons for park infractions months before the murder to follow up on a hunch. Turns out, he found the perp.

It wasn't a big, dramatic tip directly related to the case that found Karina's killer. But LE found him.

And I am confident LE is doing everything possible to find Libby and Abby's killer too.

It's not cold. Not yet. No way.

jmo

The railway, it's Norfolk Southern, correct? I have a KML file of the entire railway but it's too big for me to add to the map and in other news I think I broke google earth o_O

BBM -
That takes talent! a round of applause. :clap: :applause: :cheer:

I went to bed thinking WHAT IF...
Instead of being caught, this jerk went someplace unknown to kill himself. If you never wanted to be found, where would you end your life? In an old abandoned shack? Jump off a bridge with a weight attached? Just a thought...

I thought it was known that first Monday that a sister one of the girls dropped them off.

That's what I have always recalled but it was before I thought to come here and find the thread(s) so didn't have any reason to save any articles that said so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper