IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #18

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Earlier in another thread someone showed a photo of what Libby was wearing that day. Tie dye t-shirt and black tights with no pockets. She had nowhere to hide her phone.

I stick my phone in the elastic waist bit of tights. It has to be wedged just so but it stays there.

A RSO from Logansport has a social media account. His ex wife with a different last name has been posting on her social media account about missing girls, these and others. I think she is trying to tell us something. MOO

Interesting. I wonder then if maybe the suspect did take the phone from Liberty, not knowing it was still recording, put it in his pocket; then later, somehow lost it during the attack.. fell out of his pocket, and didn't know.

IMO excellent theory there about the phone. Of course, he could have taken it not knowing it was on.

I keep looking at the 2 pictures of BG. Not sure how to explain in it. They are only a second or maybe even less, but they are a footstep apart. Yet the rail and rock and background don't seem to move at all. It made me think Libby took a step backwards for the background behind him to not move. Were the girls backing away from him? Or Libby was and that's why we see Abby come into the frame?

Hope I explained that to make sense.

It may be that the next step is not so much a step forward as a pivot forward step? That would account for the background not changing much as the space that would have appeared in moving straight forward is taken up by the side pivot, thereby looking like no ground has been covered in a forward manor??

Could it have been windy on the bridge and he had his head down? This could also explain the flattening out of this pant leg at the thigh. JMO

Abby's hair doesn't appear to be blowing in her picture. Maybe there were gusts? Can anyone chime in on the wind conditions that day?

It may be that the next step is not so much a step forward as a pivot forward step? That would account for the background not changing much as the space that would have appeared in moving straight forward is taken up by the side pivot, thereby looking like no ground has been covered in a forward manor??

yes, it looks like he is pivoting to me. Not bragging, but I said that from day 1. Also, it's his hoodie, not a fanny pack. I'm convinced of both.

I'm just catching up so am on page 3. Looks like IndependantFeed posted a pic of himself in an effort to help us ascertain some stuff about BG but his pic was removed despite repeated pleadings for it not to be (which is fine, not my call!)... but if I'm wrong and just am not seeing it, please someone link me. I was hoping to wake to something new to mull over today if nothing else. good morning all!

FWIW, I think it's a chubby guy in his 20s with a big rust colored t-shirt under his navy coat.

This pic is from the current American Eagle Workwear site.

Several of the models wear a longer shirt that shows under the jacket so it might be the trend.

Wrong colour jacket but it's the way it's worn with the attached hoody that's interesting.

Attachments

• IMG_1458.JPG
    IMG_1458.JPG
    23.1 KB · Views: 81
American eagle is a young persons fashion brand.

They are not in the business of work wear or fanny packs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi, well a quick search shows they used to be, who knows how long he's had items, or even bought off eBay or thrift shop?

I was only commenting on my perception of the possible logo & then saw thyme had also spotted the similarity.

I did quote the post?

No.
[deleted] never mind, now we know for sure she was wearing grey sweats with unknown black writing on them, and sweats often have pockets. moving on.

Earlier in another thread someone showed a photo of what Libby was wearing that day. Tie dye t-shirt and black tights with no pockets. She had nowhere to hide her phone.

Actually, this article - http://wlfi.com/2017/02/13/search-underway-in-carroll-county-for-two-missing-girls/ - says she was wearing:

"a tie-dye shirt, fringed at the bottom, gray sweats with unknown black lettering and black Nike shoes."

The "sweats" may have had pockets.

Nin - Excellent non-threatening but authoritative narrative which, any kid who's been raised to respect the authorities, would comply with.

This could be a great clue here.

So, using your scenario, check this out:

Libby films BG's approach, whether he came across from the north or came from the south and pivoted around, because she is unsure of him.

He identifies himself as some kind of official to Abby. Libby switches off the video, puts phone in her pocket.

Now, here's where your thoughts, for me, could really be on to something chronologically:

The girls came on the bridge from the north side - so that is "home base" so to speak and the official entrance to the bridge.

The girls have trekked these woods loads of times before. They know that there isn't an official park exit out the south side.

So, an official park or railroad rep tells the girls they must get off like you suggest. They begin to walk amiably, but a few steps in Abby might question in her mind that he is leading them off the south side - ding, ding, ding, warning bells go off in Libby's head as they reach the south exit. Why would an official lead them off the wrong exit to the park?

I only respectfully part ways with your excellent synopsis when we come to the recording. If he said more non-threatening words, I think we would be allowed to hear them.

For me - phone goes on in pocket as she realizes something it terribly wrong: first words "down the hill." The struggle or attempt to escape begins.

Wow, I think you are on to something. For me, it fits.

I respectfully disagree if he asked the girls to go "down the hill" in an authoritative but non-threatening way the police would release that audio. There would be no reason to withhold it if it could help identify him.

A RSO from Logansport has a social media account. His ex wife with a different last name has been posting on her social media account about missing girls, these and others. I think she is trying to tell us something. MOO

I post more on Social Media than I do here. Especially for the missing and murdered.

I keep seeing posts about the darker portion on the left hand side of one of the photos being referred to as Abby. I don't have a link to share to prove it but I saw a video of the exact spot where the photos were taken and it is a tree limb. It was very clear in the video. I have no doubt that it is actually the edge of a tree limb.

My friend is a professional videographer and photoshop / unity 3D programmer. He took the two photos and overlaid them and expressed that there is no tree in the backgroudn to explain this anomoly, and in addition he felt that it is actually an object in the foreground, whatever it is.

However I did not share this because I was afraid it would come across as nothing more than idle speculation about something that doesn't help find the suspect, it only helps satisfy our curiosity on something that LE already knows and doesn't need help with (which doesn't change the fact that we all want to know, I'm not saying otherwise).

But since we're still speculating about that, I'm a firm believer that it's something in the foreground FWIW (probably not much).

Last night I was trying to put all of the elements together to fit the puzzle of why (if there is a reason) this perp would be near water, in the middle of the day, knew the area but yet nobody seems to recognize him.

My mind went to a water IDEM testing technician. He would have detailed maps of all lakes, streams and rivers. His job would involve traveling all over Indiana so perhaps the local Delphi residents wouldn't recognize him.

I'm sure he has a list of areas to test. He could have claimed to be testing an area 2 counties over removing himself from the area of crime. They travel alone.

He would also have a water testing kit. Fanny pack? I know someone put together a map of the missing teenagers next to the rail system, and that was an awesomely frightening map. I wonder what it would look like if we added the closest rivers, streams and wetlands?

I'm just thinking out loud and these are JMO

http://www.in.gov/idem/wetlands/index.htm

Someone asked on like page two if a belly belt is the thing they posted an image of - I'm pretty sure that's not it, and that it's just the name for "fanny pack" in some other countries. BUT I can't be 100% sure, because my buddy in Australia says they call it a bum bag and he's never heard "belly belt" so now I"m second guessing myself, sorry!

ETA: for what it's worth, fanny means ladyparts (ahem) in australia so the idea of calling something a "fanny pack" sorta threw him for a second, LOL!

I have finally come around to agreeing with some others that we may be dealing with a real SK.

It sure would explain the LE quick action to bring in so many FBI and large support effort with the billboards and stuff.

I do think he knew the area still and maybe was back visiting that grave for a past relative or visiting someone who lived real close.

The other thought I had is how he was able to just appear on the bridge.
Ive always wondered if maybe he was hiding under the bridge on one of those rafters and found a little nook to stay hidden as they walked overhead. Then when they got past him he climbs on up to top and starts walking right at them.

To them it would have looked like he magically appeared on the bridge.

Would take a little athleticism but doable.

Funny you should say that because I was wondering if there are any workmen's ladders built into the metal supports under the bridge.

When I was working on Abby's photo and placing her on the bridge, it occurred to me that there must be a way to make a repair that doesn't require walking out but instead, climbing up?

I have gone through umpteen vids and photos and I cannot see close enough to actually see a ladder. But it does seem plausible because at the tops of the metal supports is a small platform with a small rail - so I have been looking there but haven't found one. I'll go back again and look through all my bridge stuff.

Last night I was trying to put all of the elements together to fit the puzzle of why (if there is a reason) this perp would be near water, in the middle of the day, knew the area but yet nobody seems to recognize him.

My mind went to a water IDEM testing technician. He would have detailed maps of all lakes, streams and rivers. His job would involve traveling all over Indiana so perhaps the local Delphi residents wouldn't recognize him.

I'm sure he has a list of areas to test. He could have claimed to be testing an area 2 counties over removing himself from the area of crime. They travel alone.

He would also have a water testing kit. Fanny pack? I know someone put together a map of the missing teenagers next to the rail system, and that was an awesomely frightening map. I wonder what it would look like if we added the closest rivers, streams and wetlands?

I'm just thinking out loud and these are JMO

http://www.in.gov/idem/wetlands/index.htm

Total awesomeness # 1!

Total awesomeness # 1!

I would also think he would be aware of the dead end road and that would be a logical area to get a water sample and/or stop for lunch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member