IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was going to use the red triangle the other day, for a post that I thought violated TOS, but it said it was ONLY to be used to report fighting, rude comments, etc. Could we have a clarification if it can be used in cases where someone has posted something like, for example, sleuthing random people?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sleuthing random people not named in MSM or by LE is against TOS.

RSBM & BBM

Someone many threads back (don't remember who) made a comment that perhaps the perp was in control of the phone and wanted it recorded (something to that theory). I never thought of that before as I too was on the why didn't he take the phone track. (Excluding throwing in the water etc).

I looked a bit, and has there been any actual confirmation that the police have the physical phone in hand vs. the data being retrieved from a cloud/app service? The MSM articles allude to the data from the phone but I don't see anything stating it was retrieved physically, unless I am just not seeing it?

There seems to be some assumption that the POI is non-tech savvy or smart enough to grab the phone, but that could possibly not be the case.

Alternately, we don't know if the phone was indeed physically recovered, if it was near the bodies or if it was found in the search (e.g. phone was along the path of struggle and POI was unable to locate it).

Someone upstream made a comment about being surprised a lot of people haven't heard of this case outside of Indiana. I am a part of a mom's group (I have 9 MO old twin boys and am currently pregnant with no. 3, so if things I say don't make sense, you know why.) and I brought the case up in the group. There are 43 members from all parts of the country and three from Canada. Only three of the women had heard of it.

Keep in mind that we're all moms of very young children and that does somewhat limit our news time. I have the advantage of both living in Indiana and also thinking I was Nancy Drew growing up so things like this naturally draw my attention. I also work part time where I can troll the Internet. Lots of people living in their own worlds, probably right here in Indiana, may not have given the case a second look.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

I'm impressed that you have a moment to type a word! You go, mom!

Perhaps it was a very soft confrontation. "I am a ranger/ police officer/ railroad official and you are trespassing private property here, ladies. It is illegal to cross this bridge and also very dangerous. I am going to ask you to step off the bridge.".. "Where were you going..?".. " Okay, then get down the hill and I am going to lead you back"

Libby pockets her phone and is recording in case of an arrest. The perp does not try to take her phone away - yet. At some point the girls may feel something isn't right and try to make a run..

Just my thoughts.

-Nin

These two girls were way too smart to believe that someone dressed how he was <modsnip> would be a park ranger or a police officer.

ADMIN NOTE: Because so many members were brand new, we, the owner and staff, have been very patient with you. We thought you deserved some time to learn the ropes. Well, you've had almost two weeks to figure out how we roll here. If you haven't bothered to read the Rules, especially Etiquette and Information, then shame on ya.

Going forward, we will issue Time Outs of 24 hours or longer. No excuses, no questions asked. Consider this a fair warning.

Bessie
WS ADMINISTRATOR

Friendly :bump: again.

HTH

Second question. Does anyone know if all county sex offenders are automatically looked into, or would they only look into those who had committed crimes against children?

I see one sex offender that is non compliant...

I'm impressed that you have a moment to type a word! You go, mom!
You and me both! Right now exhaustion takes over at night but occasionally they just play and give me a minute to play with my phone! This case being so close to home makes me post more than I ever have in any other case.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Getting the felling, JMO that the girls thought they were meeting some boys and obviously they were not boys...Kids just cant be kids these days...meeting up was popular in my day with out the fear of adults stalking

I just wondered because there is one that is out and looks like the guy, even the clothing. I didn't want to bother police with the tip if they automatically look into every one of them. Thanks

I just wondered because there is one that is out and looks like the guy, even the clothing. I didn't want to bother police with the tip if they automatically look into every one of them. Thanks

I would think RSO would be the first they would look at.

I just wondered because there is one that is out that looks like the guy and I don't want to bother cops with a tip if they automatically check each one anyway. Thanks

Yea Karina Vetrano is a good example :(

That case is so tragic. Strong woman , ran marathons murdered in broad daylight in the middle of a park. That perp knew the area well. I'm so happy he is behind bars!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Regarding the DNA, it's been two weeks since samples were sent to a lab for testing. Earlier comments mentioned a two week window for results. Are the results returned to LE who use the results to find matches in LE databases?? or can the original lab run the results through the databases before before returning them to LE? I hear a lot about DNA but don't know who runs it through local, state or federal databases? LE or the original testing lab.

I'm sure it's been mentioned already but the recording is one of those really odd ones that your brain can interpret in many ways.

When I first heard it - as a British person - I was 100% certain that it was a Scottish accent saying "down there".

When I saw that the Police thought he was saying "get down the hill" or whatever - I listened to it again with those words in mind, and that's what I heard.

I thought about "down there" in a Scottish accent again, and that's what I heard.

In retrospect I guess it could be either, but the speed of the words and the intonation still makes me think it was more likely to be a Scottish person saying "down there".

But it might not be.

I am Scottish and his voice does not sound like a Scottish accent to me.

In regard to him impersonating a park ranger etc there is a reason why the police aren't releasing more audio of him speaking. If he was impersonating an authority figure they would release it but they aren't because he must be threatening the girls.

That name has come up in prior research of mine for either rail, trucking or something. I really need to take better notes. Anyone???

Ron Logan is the landowner whose property is where the girls were discovered.

That name has come up in prior research of mine for either rail, trucking or something. I really need to take better notes. Anyone???

Ron Logan? He's the man who owns the property the girl's remains were found on, and he's been cleared of involvement.

I just wondered because there is one that is out that looks like the guy and I don't want to bother cops with a tip if they automatically check each one anyway. Thanks
While I don't believe we have 100% verification of that in this case, it is a typical investigative technique. Also, if it's the same individual, I believe it was discussed (and probably reported) the first day or two after the murders.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

The name you see in that police blotter entry? That is the property owner where the girls' bodies were found.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay