IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Plus, the girls had not yet been found when this picture is said by the photographer to have been taken (before noon on the 14th).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hate to criticize anyone working on this case, but I totally agree with you. Until this comes from a LE source, or is confirmed by them, I don't think the photographer had any business reporting this.

I, too, thought it odd that he would post such an important piece of information when I read it. LE has never stated that IMO, it must be for good reason such as you stated.

I don't think it's impossible to wonder if he took them in a car/van somewhere else. An empty building nearby, barn, motel, etc. It's possible and thus the pinging. moo and yes, I realize there have been other explanations about the pinging. JMHO.

He could have said something like a tornado was coming through and he'd take them to meet their ride. Something to scare them, but at the same time lend him their trust.

I was wondering this...why is Abby's picture so clear and his so blurry. Most teens are very good with their phones. I wonder if something was going on at the point the video was taken that would make Liberty's hands start to tremble. I think she knew without a doubt they were in danger from this man.

This is the killer and I think he did it alone with no help. He threatened them with something. Some of these sexual offenders even threaten their victims families so the child will do what they say.

It's took over 2 weeks for anyone on here to notice the comment about the clothes in the water and the distances they were from the girls from his posts dated 2/14. Chances are if sluethers missed the comment about it, majority of others did too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I hate to criticize anyone working on this case, but I totally agree with you. Until this comes from a LE source, or is confirmed by them, I don't think the photographer had any business reporting this.

I do not want to have to criticize people who are reporting on the case but his guy stepped out of bounds with this detail. If LE wanted the general public to know this fact, it would have been announced. I think he was just too excited about reporting on a real crime rather than ice crystals on twigs. I don't think he will find any friendly sources in LE in the future.

Well they have not requested it be shut down and I don't think it's really a secret..
We are sheltered here in our little community.

If the police thought it important for him to retract the statement they would have asked him to, no?

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

I was wondering this...why is Abby's picture so clear and his so blurry. Most teens are very good with their phones. I wonder if something was going on at the point the video was taken that would make Liberty's hands start to tremble. I think she knew without a doubt they were in danger from this man.

This is the killer and I think he did it alone with no help. He threatened them with something. Some of these sexual offenders even threaten their victims families so the child will do what they say.

I think the picture of Abby was taken as a single still photograph and the pictures of the perp are stills taken from video. He was moving in the pictures which makes them look blurry. IMO

I think that the perp was much further away from Libby when she took the video of him, than Abby was when she took her picture.
Though it could be just that it's screenshots taken from video, I don't mess with the video on my phone much so I don't know much about the quality.

When asked if people in Delphi should be scared for their families, Sgt. Kim Riley said parents should keep a close eye on their children.

“I think people need to be cautious and careful,” Riley said. “Parents should make sure they know where their children are and what their children are doing, and if nothing else, know what’s going on in their lives. That’s the most important thing I can say at this point in time.”

https://crimewatchdaily.com/2017/02/15/officials-confirm-2-bodies-found-are-missing-delphi-teens-open-double-homicide-investigation/

Pure speculation on my part, Speculatively based on initial statements LE initially thought that this was a cyber crime. But in my opinion they would have connected it to an individual by now if that was the case. Which maybe they have and we just dont know that yet. But my speculation is maybe some of the things that they initially thought may end up being different now. all MOO

Well they have not requested it be shut down and I don't think it's really a secret..
We are sheltered here in our little community.

We know they have had divers in the water since the girls were found. It's not a stretch to deduce that they were looking for something in the water, which could have included clothing items. I have always assumed the girls were found unclothed, unfortunately, or at least partially unclothed. This doesn't seem like a shocking revelation to me. We also know their bodies were found on the opposite side of the creek, so they or their bodies had to cross that body of water.

Maybe she was filming with her phone upside down, but facing towards him and the photos that LE posted were the clearest or only pics of him captured.

That last statement Always stuck out to me, as if LE knows it was not a chance meeting. Not that the girls were meeting him but expecting someone else, possibly.

When asked if people in Delphi should be scared for their families, Sgt. Kim Riley said parents should keep a close eye on their children.

“I think people need to be cautious and careful,” Riley said. “Parents should make sure they know where their children are and what their children are doing, and if nothing else, know what’s going on in their lives. That’s the most important thing I can say at this point in time.”

https://crimewatchdaily.com/2017/02/15/officials-confirm-2-bodies-found-are-missing-delphi-teens-open-double-homicide-investigation/

Pure speculation on my part, Speculatively based on initial statements LE initially thought that this was a cyber crime. But in my opinion they would have connected it to an individual by now if that was the case. Which maybe they have and we just dont know that yet. But my speculation is maybe some of the things that they initially thought may end up being different now. all MOO

I agree. NO death penalty. He deserves General Population, where he can REAP what he SOWED! MOO

I agree with that too, only problem is these kind of P.O.S get themselves put in protective custody, although there have been instances where that didn't help them, but it's ridiculous they can get any kind of protection at all, when their victims didn't have any protection from them.

I just have to say that this 'reporter' was very negligent in posting that he saw girls clothes in the creek/river. This was ONE of the many facts that LE did not release for a reason and the reason is that only the perp, the searchers and LE would know this fact so any 'tips' that came in with this detail would be placed high on the list of follow ups.

People like this reporter simply do not think before they act and compromise the investigation.

Call me furious.

I tend to believe in the good in people. My guess is his commenting on this was not even thought about on his part. We only know what we know. LE more than likely asked him to please not post photos of ABCDEFG and not comment on HIJKLM but nothing stated about the clothing. He posted these the day of finding them. He probably didn't realize at the time his photos would be viewed by 1000's of people and every word analyzed. If LE was overly concerned at this point they would ask him to please remove the text. If you notice he did not post photos of clothing or anything else that would jeopardize the case... and he could have under constitutional laws.

It's took over 2 weeks for anyone on here to notice the comment about the clothes in the water and the distances they were from the girls from his posts dated 2/14. Chances are if sluethers missed the comment about it, majority of others did too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Once this information is public, it lessens the value of the detail in any tip that might include it. Sorry, this is inexcusable and if you were one of the parents, you would probably be be angry and LE can't be too happy about it either. Heck, I am angry and do not even know these girls.

The only way it would benefit him to bring the bodies back would be if he took them to his own property to assault and kill them.

True. I guess thinking it out a little a reason would be so the pressure was off a bit as far as time goes. If he's local he could have heard the search was called off for the night. I'm not set on this I'm just trying to explore different things.

I don't understand why the searchers stopped looking. These were young girls and even with the elements--this is February. Why not keep looking? They weren't alerted until 5:30--after dark would be setting in.

Perhaps because statistics show that greater than 2 hours the victims have been murdered already, and if the search parties continued it would only destroy evidence and footprints that would be valuable in the future?

Which from what we have read, is exactly what happened - they found the girls by following a set of footprints? Iirc :moo:

I apologize if this has already been mentioned, but I just noticed that Google Maps has a street view from on the bridge, so that you can move around and see a panorama and look down, as well.

If you still have it handy, would you mind providing a link for this? TY :)

An earlier article said the initial search after 5:30 on the 13th was wandering the woods and calling out the girls names. They called it off around midnight because there was no reason to think they were in danger. Do I have to find the link?

Nope, don't need a link. Totally understand that part. Thanks. The part I was actually wondering, was if the "wandering" wandered by where they eventually were found in the morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member