IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it would be hard to hold a gun or knife on one and tie the other up at the same time. A good argument for the man in black.

I think it looks like he might have a gun in his right hand pocket, but I doubt he used a gun to commit the murders. It would have made too much noise.

Have you spent time in any rural Indiana town? I honestly was shocked the first time I encountered locals just outside of Bloomington. I was calling around to different daycares and thought for sure the owner was a transplant from the deep South. Nope, born and raised right there in Indiana! Ironically, I'm married to a Texan who doesn't sound southern at all. Lol. JMO.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

No, as I posted earlier, I have never been to Indiana. It's so far north! LOL I bet everyone talks just like BG for miles around Delphi. Here, we can tell what part of the city you grew up in by your accent and there are many different ones. Is it like that near Delphi?

Still hoping that a local will chime in with info about the Wilson Cave(s) located around the Wilson Bridge. Thanks!

-Nin

This data could explain the name Wilson Cave(s) and Wilson Bridge.

Delphi, Indiana, was first settled in 1824 by the Henry Robinson family. It was platted in 1828 by General Samuel Milroy on land donated by William Wilson. It became the seat of government for Carroll County which was established the same year. Located in the valley framed by the Wabash River and Deer Creek, the first settlers came by foot, horseback, boat, and wagon, building homes and mills along these waterways.

Ruger's 1868 Bird's Eye View of Delphi

Ruger_BirdseyeViewDelphi-1000.jpg

Wilsons Cave

card00093_fr.jpg

http://www.cityofdelphi.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=446&catid=51&Itemid=125

(Jashrema had some insight on this from Sierah's case, iirc?)

The way it was explained to us was when Sierah went missing, her phone pinged off a tower maybe a couple miles away, across the state line in Michigan (she was close to state line) BUT

pinging only works to the tower, if one tower can't "accept" the ping (because of usage capabilities) it will ping to the next closest tower. In Sierah's case, there were 3 towers in range of her signal and the pinging triangulated between those towers. those towers represented a 10 mile radius which is a huge area. Her killers phone also pinged at the same tower for over 2 hours after she went missing. this caused people to think..Oh my gosh..he was in the cornfield for 2 hours with her! Not necessarily so, his home was 5 miles away. He took her there. His phone could have still been pinging off a tower 5 miles away..see?
To actually FIND the exact location of the phone, the GPS on the phone has to be ON. Then, you can go into a person's ICLOUD acct. and "Find my phone". That will give you the gps coordinates of the phone. On an android, it will also do so. But it has to be "ON".
Many people do not turn on the GPS to be running constantly as it drains your battery a lot quicker, so those features are off. Or say, you don't know the persons icloud login info...LE can still get it but it's much more trouble and precious time is wasted.
So in the girls case, if the phone was pinging around town, it COULD mean that those were the towers that were being used just to give cell access to make a call. Like if they were in the woods, a cell tower isn't probably right there, but maybe a couple miles away...that's where the phone would ping. If that tower was at full usage capacity, it would ping off another tower, maybe that tower is 5 miles away, and sometimes you are just completely out of range of ANY tower and then you have no service.
So the pinging of the phone "in town" doesn't necessarily mean that the killer had the phone and was walking around town with it.
It would be useful to know whether or not they recovered their phones or not.

I always have gps on cuz I don't give a d*** about the battery and I make my kids have theirs on too. There are also apps you can download, have them open and running that continuously update your location up to a few feet that you can access from your laptop. So if your child had that app on their phone, you could go to your computer, login, and see exactly where their phone is located.
Pinging just doesn't say that much really.

What we have wondered all along...putting those pictures like that, you could be looking at sisters or twins...

http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/re...s/news-story/e15e255be4b0a8a15d67b507851807e3

This is an Australian paper..so is it a breakdown/mishmash of all other stuff reported and duplicated? This looks an awful lot like work a WS'r posted the other night...I'm sorry it was 2-3 threads back and I'm not going to look for the link..

the only reason I gave this credence is because they quoted Elizabeth's dad saying that when he heard of the murders he immediately called LE and asked if THEY had heard of it, and they had and were working to see if there was a connection. Personally, I don't think there is. I seem to have memories of someone in the girls family being pretty suspect.

This is MOO: The perp(s) is/are fairly local, Delphi and/or surrounding towns. There are so many disaffected, drug-alcohol dependent, poverty stricken, and hopeless individuals. They flock together, find each other, strike up short-lived "friendships" based on shared pain. Mid to late twenties in one subgroup...mingling with mid forties and fifties in another subgroup. Within this population of men aged 20 to 50, there is a subset of males who have been completely abused, neglected and abandoned, many by their drug addicted mothers. Some of this subset has hope and still believes in "the American dream". Some, however, have lost all hope and have given up. Maybe they think about suicide.

My speculation is that one younger male who has given up, has bonded with one possibly older male who has fantasies of revenge and omnipotence. If perp #2 is not older, he is for certain smarter and more charismatic. Yes, I think there may have been two killers. They planned the entire thing detail to detail over time, and then waited for the right victim(s). On Valentine's Day, they were more than ready to pounce. Abby and Libby were there by chance, and this was a crime of opportunity. They were ready to execute the plan. Afterwards, the two perps probably blended back into their previous roles as disaffected, maybe even homeless, men. They have no connection currently, laying low. The younger more depressive perp is the weaker link. The older and/or smarter has covered all bases for himself. Except he may have a juvenile record of aggressive, criminal acts and aggression.

Two cousins were involved in the murder of Jessica Heeringa in MI. One abducted her, but his cousin (a jail guard) was involved. There were several other victims connected to him after his arrest.

If there are two suspects in this case, my guess is that they are either related, or they've known each other since childhood. I personally am looking for similarities with the Evansdale, Iowa cousins who were murdered. We have the same day of the month, the 13th, we have two girls, the girls are marched to an isolated location, they are near water.

Does anyone know whether Libby and Abigail were positioned 40-50 feet apart from each other?
Are both body locations (Seven Bridges Park and Monon Bridge Park) fishing or hunting spots?

If we find factual similarities, maybe we can look at those similarities to further understand the suspect? If he isn't responsible for both murders of two girls, then maybe he has a doppleganger.

No, as I posted earlier, I have never been to Indiana. It's so far north! LOL I bet everyone talks just like BG for miles around Delphi. Here, we can tell what part of the city you grew up in by your accent and there are many different ones. Is it like that near Delphi?

I can hear him say three words: "down the hill". I don't hear an accent.

Obituaries don't necessarily mean the dates stated are the absolute dates of their deaths. The date is up to the family. This has been discussed tons and tons. IMO, they died on the same day and the families chose different days (when they died vs when they were found)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Aunt (maternal) died on June 23rd and was found June 24th.
My Uncle (paternal) died on June 23rd and was found June 27th.

Both death certificates said the date they were pronounced dead.
I use the date they actually died.
My Aunts obit said the date she died.
My Uncles obit said the date he was found, that is the date his daughter uses as well.
I think she can't handle thinking that he died days before.

Obit dates are simply not official at all. I'm guessing one family feels differently than the other. Just like my maternal and paternal ones do.

The family clearly had the opportunity to assign the day of death. One family chose the day of abduction, the other chose the day that their child was found. I don't think there's anything more to it.

<modsnip> When a child is missing, police immediately consult their local sex offender list and check alibis. Police don't need the public's help with consulting the sex offender registry to identify potential culprits.

<modsnip> When a child is missing, police immediately consult their local sex offender list and check alibis. Police don't need the public's help with consulting the sex offender registry to identify potential culprits.

But can they check every single one even 90 miles away? I realize they most definitely check the local sex offenders, perhaps everyone in the county. But within a 90-100 mile radius? That is a lot.

I think BG acted alone.

I'm trying to sort out a theory from what I've read, and learned from video.

It's possible that he drove to the area and parked either under the bridge, or some distance from the bridge that is obscured from private properties. He then crossed the creek, walked up the hill, and began to cross the bridge. Did he pass Libby and Abigail on the bridge heading towards the park entrance, or was he near the entrance to the trail when they arrived? Did he park where the girls were dropped off and catch up with them when they were on the bridge because they were less steady on their feet and he is confident with heights such as train trestles?

After he murdered them, he would want to leave right away, not have to cross the creek, climb the hill, walk the bridge, and take a chance of meeting so many people along the way. He probably would not want to return across the bridge after it was dark either.

But can they check every single one even 90 miles away? I realize they most definitely check the local sex offenders, perhaps everyone in the county. But within a 90-100 mile radius? That is a lot.

Sex offender registries are electronic and accessible to police, so yes, they would check all potential suspects within a working radius of the murders. If they put billboards up 500 miles away, then they are checking records 500 miles away.

I think he worked alone, too. Most monsters don't like to share their glory.

I am also thinking he has someone in his life who is shielding him some. A Mrs. Sandusky or Mama Kolhepp type that has selective memories and turning blind eyes are standard practice. They are always convinced "Killer is a good boy!" and couldn't have done any of what people are saying! Really, I don't buy that anyone is that clueless. I think they should be held accountable for enabling monsters to prey on the innocent.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

with all the resources being pulled for this case? absolutely.

to answer your other question, there was a lot of discussion that was against the TOS going on last night and the thread had to be shut down and cleaned up and a TON of posts removed, because of people doing unauthorized sleuthing of ROS. If you want to sleuth a ROS on here you must get permission first.

This thread. Before I read everything. Now I read nothing. Because there is nothing new. Oh man. Those poor girls. They aren't here but their family is. We need to find this person. This just stinks so much I can't even contemplate to utilize my nostrils.

I disagree. I could recognize someone I knew from those images. And, even more, I could certainly recognize the voice of someone I knew. The recording is very clear. There are people that know that voice.

how do you know their dates of death?

No one can no for certain but confusion was created when Liberty's obituary listed her date of death as February 13th and Abigail's obituary had the 14th as her date of death. I frankly don't find this as meaning that much. It simply may have been one family accepting that their daughter died on the 13th when they went missing and one choosing the date her body was found as her date of death.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro