IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you spent time in any rural Indiana town? I honestly was shocked the first time I encountered locals just outside of Bloomington. I was calling around to different daycares and thought for sure the owner was a transplant from the deep South. Nope, born and raised right there in Indiana! JMO.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

HAHA! Truth. I have family in Lafayette (IN)...when we travel into the smaller towns (ex.Flora) to visit other family members we notice the change in accent with some of the people. Heck, that even applies here in central Illinois...

The obit would come from the death certificate. You cannot that up, however you can say anything at funeral.

Where I live this is not the case. When my father died, the death certificate wasn't completed for almost two months. The obituary, of course, was written within days of his death, using the date specified by family members.

I find it humorous to read that people call ANY accent from Indiana "Southern". It seems so very north to me.

But BG does sound like he swallows the 'll's in hill and he doesn't have a hard "l' sound. For what it's worth.

I just got back from a two week cruise and met tons of new friends. Those from Seattle, Connecticut, New Jersey, Florida and Arizona said I sounded Southern.

Nope, spent years in Eastern Central Indiana ( rural ).

If you've never heard a real live Southern accent you'd think I was the real deal. If you are in the know you'd say I sound Indiana hick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Added... not beside the arrow but up against the bridge
4957055e4513ca788b22c50fe7b840a6.jpg

ok I could say I see something resembling a human but I also feel this way when I stare at the mars rover pics.

From what I can gather nothing has been officially confirmed. I googled extensively  I guess we will only know for sure when it is stated to the public. Honestly, I have never heard of anyone putting the date of death as some other day, but I do know you can put anything in an obituary.

When my brother died of a heroin overdose in a hotel, the obituary showed the day of death as the day when his body was found. He had probably been dead for two to three days.

Jmo, those who have been on WS a while will have seen many cases of dates of death listed as date body was recovered while others use the date the person went missing.

I certainly did not "doctor" photographs and do not appreciate the insinuation. The cropped bottom left hand corner was from the original photo of Abigail Williams on the High Bridge.

View attachment 112179

Everytime I see that photo I think of the person who screen captured that at about 9 o'clock that night.

I have had the same notion. What are the chances that two girls would be hiking alone in winter on a trail and run into someone who would kill them? There are a lot of scary people in the world. But it's relatively safe to walk anywhere in rural Indiana without worrying about something like this. I think this was planned. I think they were lured to that trail with the promise of something. The girls obviously had phones and used them like pros. I firmly believe someone had been communicating with them. And I think it might have been romantic talk given the proximity to Valentine's Day and all.

If it was a luring, there must be some evidence, but it could also be the careless openness of young children broadcasting every aspect of their lives on social media. Someone mentioned Libby's twitter account. If either of the children posted their plans in advance, that could explain why they encountered a predator where they did, and it might also provide a link to the suspect.

Interesting pic and theory on the liberty and Abby Facebook page. Moo

I don't think we have any official word on when they were killed - same day, next day, apart, together. Not that I have seen anyway.

The obituaries say 13th and 14th. Not the same day. Most have assumed that is a mistake or something the family simply chose because they were not given autopsy results. But that's an assumption. It makes sense to me that a murderer would kill the person fighting, the person who posed a big risk to them. Although they may both have been fighting the same or complying the same. We have all scratched our heads on how he controlled 2 girls, especially if he took them away and brought them back. The autopsies were done the morning of the 15th. Were the obits written prior, before the funeral homes received the bodies? I sort of doubt it. I think if it were me and I knew I would have the date of death soon on the 15th I might wait so I could be accurate. I know obits can be incorrect but in this situation i guess I lean toward believing it.

I just read a new article on the case today. In the article it says LE has a suspect but no arrest?

I don't know how many times I've clicked on articles with titles like "Police identify suspect in Delphi killings" or some such and I freak out thinking that means that have positively identified the man in the picture.... when it fact what it means is just a rehashing of the initial report that a person has been "identified" as a *suspect*.... I come from a journalism family so this kind of sloppy, misleading headline makes me crazy, as does the prevalence of shoddy journalism found online these days... you really have to wade through a lot of garbage to find decent writing/reporting. MOO

I would also like to add that it may be possible that this guy might be a local, But he doesn't dress like this in his everyday life and therefore locals don't recognize him from the bridge picture. You put BG in a pair of khaki pants and a dress shirt and I'm not sure anybody would be able to distinguish enough characteristics based on the quality of the photo we have....All IMO

I've thought the same since LE released the images. You just can't judge a book by its cover, in this life. The guy is hiding things underneath those clothes. It appears to be a type of disguise.

It doesn't matter if there are 4 tips called in, or 40,000, it's about that ONE tip where somebody says "I know exactly who that is!!" ....and I don't think that's happened, unfortunately. :(

My guess is even farther south. Someone mentioned in an earlier thread that he wasn't dressed for a 48 degree Indiana day. Maybe not, but I'd dress like that for a 48 degree Alabama day, because 48 is pretty cold to us. It hit 75 here today and I wore a sweater most of the day. Maybe his clothing is a hint for the type of weather he's used to.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Good point.

Another factor might be that he was in the park, on private property, etc., for hours on foot, so he would have dressed in layers. We've had an unusually mild winter in Indiana. On a mild day, it could stsrt out in the 20's, and end up well into the 40's by mid-afternoon.

Nin-

Local here. I have never heard of those caves. Is there a reason or just curious? I will look into it now :)

Great, thanks! I am interested in the caves to see, if they are accessible and how large they are.

Could they be known to a local or somebody, who grew up in that (particular) area?

It was not easy to find any info on the existence of the caves. I found them by coincidence, when looking into the Indiana National Register of Historic Places:

BBM

Page 10:

"Crossing the creek are two bridges, High Bridge and Wilson Bridge. High Bridge, located 1.7 miles east of Delphi, opened in 1881 as part of the Monon Railway system. Its rail bed is still present, though the right-of-way is no longer active. Concrete piers support the wood and steel deck which is positioned 63 feet above Deer Creek.
To the southeastern corner of the district is Wilson Bridge. It was named after Isaac Wilson, an early settler who owned the surrounding land. Near the bridge are a group of caves, known as Wilson's Cave, as well as a deep pool and landmass which is reported to be an inspiration to James Whitcomb Riley, the famous Indiana poet."

Source, Indiana National Register of Historic Places
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3g3DEap84xwejR0MXpVMHZWYkU/view?usp=sharing

-Nin

I certainly did not "doctor" photographs and do not appreciate the insinuation. The cropped bottom left hand corner was from the original photo of Abigail Williams on the High Bridge.

View attachment 112179

Hi DeDee
My comment was in NO way directed at you. :) I was making reference to the many many altered photos that we've seen here and also all over the internet. Some are hardly even recognizable as the original that was released by LE. JMO

Imo there is almost no way the girls weren't killed within a very short time of one another on the 13th and that the killer cleared out of the area at once.

Great, thanks! I am interested in the caves to see, if they are accessible and how large they are.

Could they be known to a local or somebody, who grew up in that (particular) area?

It was not easy to find any info on the existence of the caves. I found them by coincidence, when looking into the Indiana National Register of Historic Places:

BBM

Page 10:

"Crossing the creek are two bridges, High Bridge and Wilson Bridge. High Bridge, located 1.7 miles east of Delphi, opened in 1881 as part of the Monon Railway system. Its rail bed is still present, though the right-of-way is no longer active. Concrete piers support the wood and steel deck which is positioned 63 feet above Deer Creek.
To the southeastern corner of the district is Wilson Bridge. It was named after Isaac Wilson, an early settler who owned the surrounding land. Near the bridge are a group of caves, known as Wilson's Cave, as well as a deep pool and landmass which is reported to be an inspiration to James Whitcomb Riley, the famous Indiana poet."

Source, Indiana National Register of Historic Places
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3g3DEap84xwejR0MXpVMHZWYkU/view?usp=sharing

-Nin
Good find.

The obituaries say 13th and 14th. Not the same day. Most have assumed that is a mistake or something the family simply chose because they were not given autopsy results. But that's an assumption. It makes sense to me that a murderer would kill the person fighting, the person who posed a big risk to them. Although they may both have been fighting the same or complying the same. We have all scratched our heads on how he controlled 2 girls, especially if he took them away and brought them back. The autopsies were done the morning of the 15th. Were the obits written prior, before the funeral homes received the bodies? I sort of doubt it. I think if it were me and I knew I would have the date of death soon on the 15th I might wait so I could be accurate. I know obits can be incorrect but in this situation i guess I lean toward believing it.
The autopsy was completed the morning of the 15th, before the obits were released.

Given the quick turnaround, and the circumstances, there is no reason to ignore the ME and chose your own time of death. If anything, there would be a stronger argument for the two best friends to have wanted to pass on the same day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper