IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Leazenby's interview does not leave me feeling empty. He cannot disclose what they know. I think he knows A LOT.

I've waivered on my theory with social media involvement. I'm leaning toward thinking this was not an organized meetup but the perp did know the girls would be there that day. IMO it was due to social media stalking or someone that knows them or knows a family member or friend who also knew they would be there. The area just seems too remote, not enough traffic for a random planned crime of opportunity. JMO.

Edited to add: The tight timeline also leads me to believe it was not a completely random crime of opportunity.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

I am leaning in the direction that he was not laying in wait for a random victim. The lack of other reported hikers that day leads me to believe that the trails, at least on Monday, were not heavily used.

I do not know what the girls posted on social media in the past, but, this could have been an avenue for him to learn about them (or one of them as has been suggested). Another option is that he saw them earlier in the day and followed them to this location. I am leaning towards the former. My leaning is based on two "thin" clues. 1) I think this had some planning that required some knowledge of the area and the girls' tendencies. 2) A comment made by LE to know what your children are doing (not a direct quote) that I inferred to mean interactions or social media postings.

It still baffles me that he attacked two people in an uncontrolled environment. To me, that indicates that he knew them fairly well (which I would think LE would have made an arrest by now) or these were not his first killings. I really don't want to go down the SK path but it is a viable consideration.

Either way, I think he was somewhat familiar with this area. That could be from "on the ground" experience or online maps.

These are my opinions only.

From the woman who saw him on the bridge.
Do you have a link for that?

As far as I know, a woman said she saw a man on the bridge. LE stated that they talked to everyone who they knew to be in the bridge/trail area that day and although he said everyone is a suspect anyone in the area that day went down to low priority. So unless LE says she say him, I don't think they have a witness.

JMO

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

From the woman who saw him on the bridge.

The woman who was there later and stated the only people she saw were a man and a couple? We do not know if that was the suspect she saw, or exactly where she saw them?

Do you have a link for that?

As far as I know, a woman said she saw a man on the bridge. LE stated that they talked to everyone who they knew to be in the bridge/trail area that day and although he said everyone is a suspect anyone in the area that day went down to low priority. So unless LE says she say him, I don't think they have a witness.

JMO

http://heavy.com/news/2017/02/liber...ssing-snapchat-facebook-photos-family-bridge/

They talked to everyone they knew to be at the bridge that day except one guy..

I'm convinced the phones moved round town b/c he had something to attend to like work or he was trying to establish an alibi by "being in town" the day the girls were murdered.

I do believe this is a local. I do believe he wanted to be seen as innocent and left the scene for an alibi only to revisit the scene after sealing his alibi. He needed a corroboration to take him away from the scene like "I was running errands at the hardware store" or "i had to step into work to check something from the day before".

I hope he was stressed out that he had to secure the phones with the evidence while he was trying to seal his alibi in town at the same time.

Thought he destroyed the data. Nope. Sorry idiot.

I am confused by the phone(s). I only know of one phone, based on the recordings.

LE has not indicated (to my knowledge) how they obtained the video and the audio (either online/cloud/phone), if they have recovered a phone (either at the crime scene or another location), or if the phone(s) "pinged all over town" after the crime.

I hope they have the phone(s) but I understand why they would not release that information.

The above is my opinion only.

Totally agree, if there is no other evidence other then what we have seen they have nothing else. I an wondering if the "twist" is that there was no sexual assault. And keeping in mind the comment about it being the worst? Not sure if that's the word in his 30yrs, considering it's the first murder there in 15 i don't how many others he is comparing it to. Jmo

IMO the entire interview is a real punch in the gut and totally disheartening. :(

He won't openly admit it (obviously), but reading between the lines and interpreting all the pauses, deep sighs and "Uhhs"...LE have absolutely NOTHING. They aren't one step closer to finding the perp(s). They don't even know how many perps there were. There is no video or audio of the crime itself, they likely have released just about all the evidence they have, and there is zero useful DNA evidence.

He is trying to play the "protecting the investigation" card, but judging by his responses and the deep sighs and his tone of voice even he is tired of trying to convince anybody of that. He's just sticking to the script. He compares it to a poker game where they need to keep their cards close to the vest...but IMO this interview revealed that investigators have a crap hand. We can't see his face, but he definitely does not have a "poker voice". :(

IMO the "twist" he's referring to is that they have an image and the voice of the guy and all these resources available to them and STILL are at square one three weeks into the investigation.

I hate to be so negative, but this interview is the clearest indication yet that they need the luckiest of breaks to ever solve this crime. This is truly heartbreaking.

PS: Without the glasses and mustache even Sheriff Leazenby looks like the suspect. Same chubby baby face and wide nose. No, I'm not suggesting that he's involved, and please don't go sleuthing the man. Lol. Just pointing out how the image of the suspect is so generic he could be anybody.

Who is Michael Stroup? Does Sheriff Leazenby know the interview was being recorded? I only say this because it's a recorded call and MS doesn't state what the interview is for and I think whom the Sheriff is talking to and for what purpose may determine how much info he is willing and able to share, it could explain all the umms and sighs.

Edit: I am deleting my comment as I can't find a link. I was pretty certain I remembered his name but maybe I confused him since he was posting videos.

Yes, and that left me speechless. I keep hoping that it's because he has small town, low crime experience because I can't or maybe don't want to think about what it could mean.

That interview leads me to believe they have nothing, no credible leads, no DNA, nothing. I want to hope that it's a ploy so that the perp thinks he's free and clear but all those sighs...I think they have nothing.

I'm so so sad.

I am more inclined to believe they have a lot more info (graphic and other) than they are willing to share, and it is difficult to not be more open with the public. LE has good reason (at least in their eyes) to hold back whatever that might be. I have seen more cases where we do not hear a lot than cases where we seem to hear it all (or more than usual, for sure). I honestly do not find this unusual, nor has it disheartened me at this point.

I am more inclined to believe they have a lot more info (graphic and other) than they are willing to share, and it is difficult to not be more open with the public. LE has good reason (at least in their eyes) to hold back whatever that might be. I have seen more cases where we do not hear a lot than cases where we seem to hear it all (or more than usual, for sure). I honestly do not find this unusual, nor has it disheartened me at this point.

How can u ask ppl if they know this man?
U can't see him.
He's everyone and no one.

Sincere apologies for the confusion the press conference is tomorrow (Thursday) at 10am Indiana time. I posted earlier that the press conference was today by mistake sorry my medications have made me get my days mixed up.

Who is Michael Stroup? Does Sheriff Leazenby know the interview was being recorded? I only say this because it's a recorded call and MS doesn't state what the interview is for and I think whom the Sheriff is talking to and for what purpose may determine how much info he is willing and able to share, it could explain all the umms and sighs.

Seems he is a "video creator" from Kokomo, Indiana. Here is his FB page (this interview is on the page):
https://www.facebook.com/michael.stroup2

Today is my birthday, and all I'm asking for is an arrest!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Happy Birthday Dogface[emoji322] [emoji323] [emoji324] [emoji512]

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Leazenby's interview does not leave me feeling empty. He cannot disclose what they know. I think he knows A LOT.

I disagree. But I do admire your unshakable optimism...and there is nothing I want more than for you to be RIGHT, and for me to be WRONG.

What time is the presser and is there a live stream link?

TIA

WG

If LE had a witness who got a good enough look at BG, (which I'm not aware of, I haven't seen any MSM links claiming this) then of course they would make a composite sketch. I don't know why people assume if they haven't seen it that LE is just not smart enough to follow basic procedures in this case.

I'm sure they've checked every RSO in the immediate area, I'm sure they've interviewed people about what they think the guy looked like, I'm sure they've decided a composite sketch isn't doable based on the fact that apparently none of the people on this trail got a good look at him, no one has said otherwise. I'm sure they checked out Mr. Logan, the families, and school staff. JMO.

Have some faith in LE guys. There's nothing right now to suggest they aren't doing anything and everything they can to solve this. I KNOW there are lots of cases that show how corrupt LE can be, IMO this case isn't one of them based on the facts we have. We have 2 photos, a sound bite, and lots of MSM links. I don't see the point in blaming the people trying to solve this case without anything to back up the theory that they're inept at their jobs, especially with the FBI working along side them. JMO. JMO. JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper