IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone in another thread said something along the lines of "though Indiana is considered the Midwest their accent..." and I have seen other people refer to Indiana as the Midwest. Indiana is not the Midwest. At all.
I realize that at this point my opinion about the accent doesn't really matter, but it sounds like someone from Ohio that I know… So I'm guessing it's regional.

I think Sheryl's opinion that Libby would not have taken video of someone she knew is an excellent observation. I also agree with Sheryl that this guy is either currently local or grew up in or around Delphi.

I agree that that was a new observation for me as well. Perceptive and thoughtful.
Yes, he could have gone to high school there or had a girlfriend there years ago. Something specific does connect him to the area. Makes the most sense.
JMO

I agree with her in that I think it was crime of opportunity. Unlike lots of people I don't think this was set up by the girls in advance to meet someone. If that were the case with the volume of agents working the case, that guy would be locked up already.

I have never thought the girls were trying to meet someone there. This guy was a predator looking for prey and these poor girls got cornered by him.

Someone in another thread said something along the lines of "though Indiana is considered the Midwest their accent..." and I have seen other people refer to Indiana as the Midwest. Indiana is not the Midwest. At all.
I realize that at this point my opinion about the accent doesn't really matter, but it sounds like someone from Ohio that I know… So I'm guessing it's regional.

Indiana IS in the Midwest

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Midwestern_United_States#/search

And Indianapolis is the #2 largest city in the Midwest

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am toward the idea the girls don't know him. The girls' activities are frequently updated in social media, and the Monon trip, fair to say, is predictable. He probably half guessed it, half took the chance. BG is not social, I can't imagine he pretended to be a boy and made up stories to set a meet up with the girls. To BG, killing people is easier than making social contacts.

Indiana is not part of the Midwest? How do you figure that?

https://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Midwestern_United_States

Anyhoo. I took the last few days off.....think I stopped at thread #19 or 20.

I see we are all still in limbo, but that Thursday might illuminate us (or so we can hope) or at the least, assure those in the midwest that they ARE or are NOT in the path of a SK. Geez, even crumbs.....

Heck, I consider Ohio the midwest, so what do I know? Oops.

You're correct. Ohio is also part of the Midwest. Just because parts of Midwestern states have different linguistic dialects does not make the states not part of the Midwest.

I don't think LE has any idea of who this guy is.I feel they will have to put out more information or this will be a cold case fast.His picture and voice might not identify him.Maybe something else they have will.A backpack? Duffel bag? shoes found? Something else.

Gray Hughes (videos) was very, very favorably mentioned (and rightfully so). His videos are absolutely AWESOME on YT, IMHO:loveyou:

[video=twitter;839293628182851584]https://twitter.com/WTHRcom/status/839293628182851584[/video]

I live in NE Ohio and we say "POP". If you ask for a Coke - you better literally want Coke here in OH.

I spent more time today listening to the audio. Having grown up in the deep South (LA, MS, AR and GA) and living in VA, to me it seems like he doesn't really have an accent. In fact he seems to enunciate very clearly. I used to spend summers in the Mid West (MO and IL) visiting relatives and I remember a difference in accents from those in the rural areas of the Mid West and those in the larger metropolitan areas of the Mid West. The rural folks had an accent, but I thought it was different than a deep south accent. They also seemed to speak slower, like a southerner, but w/o the deep south accent.

Just an opinion - and I haven't spent much time in Indiana - but his voice and accent doesn't seem like he lives in a very rural area. (But Indiana may be different than Missouri.) I wonder if he may have lived in Delphi or nearby earlier in his life but moved to larger populated area like Indianapolis. Or could he have spent time in the military - maybe using comm gear quite a bit? I know after 2 years of active duty a classmate heard me for the first time in 2 years and said my southern accent wasn't so pronounced from when we were in training.

Gray Hughes (videos) was very, very favorably mentioned (and rightfully so). His videos are absolutely AWESOME on YT, IMHO:loveyou:

I agree! Thank you Gray Hughes!

Yep, I'm still here (sorry for my delayed response)...& thanks for asking. I am waiting on a definitive answer from Tricia about the discussion of her show. Until she weighs in, I am comfortable with her show's content being discussed on this thread. If after the show, she wants to set any parameters, we'll adjust our discussion then :) HTH

Official word: anything & everything that was discussed on Tricia's show tonight can be discussed here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
539edtje