IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #23

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was pretty confused about this part of the encounter - when she began to video/record him and why. But then someone (yesterday, I think) mentioned that the SE end of the bridge is the end of the trail. I hadn't known that and if it's true, it makes a big difference in my mind. If Libby saw him coming from the SE initially, then she would have been suspicious, because she knew that SE area had no official entry. If after that he passed them while he went north on the bridge, then it makes further sense that he could have turned around, faced the SE again and really had the girls trapped. Not that they couldn't have run into the woods, but without a further trail on the SE end, it would not have been intuitively obvious where in the woods to go. All BG had to do was flash a gun at that point, and it was game over.
Anyone have any comments or corrections? Please say so if you do, because it helps to be able to visualize the whole thing. And many thanks to Gray Hughes who has been such a big help.
At the SE end you don't run into solid forest. The rail bed, while grown in some, continues on (otherwise there would be no need for the barricades to block vehicles) and if you were to follow that rail bed long enough (probably 80 miles) you would end up in Indianapolis.

I dont think we can have it both ways.... either they have more video "the stuff of nightmares" or they are bluffing.

1. if theres more video then why can they not determine if there were more than one perp. How do they not have more audio? Either they are watching the video or they are hearing audio... either way they should have more information the he BG and if there are more suspects... real simple was there ever anyone else on the video.

2. they are bluffing to make the perp think they caught the crime on video in order to get a full confession of what happened to the girls because they are not completely clear. Autopsies do not tell the whole story, even with a COD what the events were leading up to the death can still be a mystery.

These are just my opinions :)

IMO I think it's possible that the video that the screen captures came from was still running for a while but maybe not capturing any more images (because it was in a pocket or thrown on the ground or otherwise obscured), so maybe they have a video that's just dark but which still has an audio attached to it. There maybe not be evidence of more than one person on the audio. The audio may simply be evidence of "criminal activity" (words used by LE) and, IMO, is mostly audio of the girls responding to the criminal activity. Whatever audio of the perp(s) there is after "down the hill" may be unintelligible, or too distressing (like commanding them to remove clothes for example).

They knew from the minute they had the the search warrent returned for Matthews Apartment.
The information about connections we were waiting on was if Randy Taylor could be connected to Morgan or if Jesse Matthews could be connected to Alexis Murphey.

I'd forgotten that and I'm here in Va. I thought LE didn't want to let it leak that it was related to Morgan right away. MOO. But I'm fuzzy on what happened now.

It didn't seem that Longo wanted to tell the public about the Morgan connection too soon.

Longtime lurker (found great solace in the WS sleuthing on the Wetterling case as LE got closer to arresting Heinrich). It's something else to find a haven like this online, where the community is respectful, open, and welcoming. Thank you!

Welcome to WS'
I just wanted to post to say that when I learned the family would be speaking at a presser tomorrow, I wondered if LE set this up because they believe the suspect may be someone who might be affected by seeing family members speak about this crime. In other words, someone known to the community, perhaps even the family. And perhaps LE wanted this to happen sooner, but the family hasn't been ready to speak until now. Just my opinion. I'll shuffle back into the shadows now and enjoy reading the other posts.

Welcome to WS!

It's possible, I suppose, but IMO, it seems more likely that they could be trying to appeal to a perp's family member, friend, etc. who is on the fence regarding reporting their suspicions.

Ok, can someone explain to me the arrest process? For some reason I'm thinking first the police gather all their evidence; they present it to the District Attorney. Then if the DA thinks there is enough evidence they present it to the grand jury who then decides if the person should be charged. That could take awhile. It seems like often the person is arrested and put in jail (particularly if they think the person is a danger to others) on a different issue and held in jail awaiting the grand jury process. So, couldn't this mean maybe they do have a good idea on who did it, but are waiting for the process to evolve. Maybe I am too optimistic! It would be interesting to see if anyone has been arrested since February 14 that looks like BG.

Good question for looking into while we are waiting. All states are different with FOI (freedom of information.... love that State of Florida sunshine!) and also their Grand Juries. Assuming we WILL get to that point, how does THIS state handle arrests and first degree murder charges requiring a grand jury for the charges.

Thanks to OP for this prompt on that thought on Grand Jury necessity for first degree charges/death penalty charges etc. to :websleuther: while we await an arrest.

'not been determined'....... hmmmm.... could still leave room for them perhaps believing there is a connection and delving into the possibilities. To be 'determined', would mean at a point where they have 'determined' it to be true.... which they of course, are not at that point.... interesting words.

You're reading too much into that statement. Remove "[FONT=Helvetica, Roboto, Segoe UI, Calibri, sans-serif]2012 double homicide in Iowa" and insert ANY unsolved crime, and his response is the same. Without hard evidence, or confessions, it's really hard to speak with certainties in LE.[/FONT]

What are the chances BG has been reported and is on the long list of POI/suspects?

On an earlier thread it was noted that in 74% of the cases, LE has the suspects name within the first week after the crimes. So I guess we have a 74% chance that BG's name is in the stack somewhere?

IMO I think it's possible that the video that the screen captures came from was still running for a while but maybe not capturing any more images (because it was in a pocket or thrown on the ground or otherwise obscured), so maybe they have a video that's just dark but which still has an audio attached to it. There maybe not be evidence of more than one person on the audio. The audio may simply be evidence of "criminal activity" (words used by LE) and, IMO, is mostly audio of the girls responding to the criminal activity. Whatever audio of the perp(s) there is after "down the hill" may be unintelligible, or too distressing (like commanding them to remove clothes for example).

:moo: the phone was not on the ground at that time... it sounds to me like the phone is moving and near the voice.

Has anyone tried recreations of walking in their yard with video/audio? I'm about to go in my yard to do leaves... I think I'll try a few experiments. Anyone else?

On an earlier thread it was noted that in 74% of the cases, LE has the suspects name within the first week after the crimes. So I guess we have a 74% chance that BG's name is in the stack somewhere?

I am optimistic they do, and this case will be solved by following up all all cell phones that were pinging in that area at that time, and cross-referencing that list with their tip list.

Longtime lurker (found great solace in the WS sleuthing on the Wetterling case as LE got closer to arresting Heinrich). It's something else to find a haven like this online, where the community is respectful, open, and welcoming. Thank you!

I just wanted to post to say that when I learned the family would be speaking at a presser tomorrow, I wondered if LE set this up because they believe the suspect may be someone who might be affected by seeing family members speak about this crime. In other words, someone known to the community, perhaps even the family. And perhaps LE wanted this to happen sooner, but the family hasn't been ready to speak until now. Just my opinion. I'll shuffle back into the shadows now and enjoy reading the other posts.

Aw don't go back into the shadows! We so welcome posts like this! And welcome to the forum!

Michael Stroup interviews Sheriff Tobe Leazenby in a phone interview with regard to the case.

Basically he can not answer many of his questions due to investigation integrity but the latter part of the interview he discusses the suspect (s) "locale" it is a real punch in the gut and totally disheartening.

[video=youtube;K_ISwatrrpY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_ISwatrrpY&t=24s[/video]
SABBM

Well, that's interesting.
As in-- someone possibly local and maybe a person who law enforcement is surprised by ---because this perp isn't normally the type to be under suspicion for murder -- as in a respected member of the community , or a religious type --like a pastor ? Someone who isn't known for lurking the trails for kids to kill ?

Why the "disheartening" remark ?
Almost feel like this is someone LE knows -- but are building their case and so no arrest yet.
Thinking out loud here.

Yes, I think you're probably right. Someone like that might be much more easily moved. But here's hoping an arrest is already imminent.

Welcome to WS!

It's possible, I suppose, but IMO, it seems more likely that they could be trying to appeal to a perp's family member, friend, etc. who is on the fence regarding reporting their suspicions.

:moo: the phone was not on the ground at that time... it sounds to me like the phone is moving and near the voice.

Has anyone tried recreations of walking in their yard with video/audio? I'm about to go in my yard to do leaves... I think I'll try a few experiments. Anyone else?

KizzyKat has an interesting theory and did some walking around testing - #447

Check it out:
I've repeatedly listened to the audio released by the ISP immediately after the press conference. I've listened with and without headphones. I heard and still hear "Git down the hill." However I also hear two separate and distinct background noises. One is the crunching of leaves. But the other sound that has really been bugging me is a rhythmic 'whooshing' noise. It finally just occurred to me last night that it sounds rather similar to the sound when taking blood pressure with a manual cuff & stethoscope. I'm wondering if Libby quickly slipped the phone in her top/bra to hide it while it was still taping and the microphone is picking up her heartbeat? I tried to recreate it using my iPhone video and voice memo app and walking up/down stairs. It picks up my footsteps on the stairs but not my heartbeat. But then I'm not in the same emotional place she was, which at that point could've been adrenaline rushing and fear/panic/sheer terror. :( I will note that with my experimenting the video camera recorder picks up more sounds and with more clarity than the voice memo app on my phone.

The presser is tomorrow at 10 am local time. Liberty's grandfather is going to make a statement and LE will be there for questions.

IIRC, a family representative will be answering questions, and will not be speaking to the investigation. I've not seen anything that says LE will be answering questions... but I agree they will be there for sure at the courthouse! :moo:.

:moo:

ETA: Corrected x2 to say "representative" :toast: for edit!

ETA: #3 edit... that litexans said LE would be there, but litexans never said that LE would be ANSWERING questions. My bad..

ETA: #4 edit.. litexans found another link that says that LE will be answering questions below in thread... http://wlfi.com/2017/03/07/delphi-homicide-victims-family-will-speak-to-public-on-thursday/

Hmmm... Police have been so careful about what they say. Difficult to believe they'd suddenly turn reckless.

Today (Wednesday) "is the day" and tomorrow morning family are scheduled to address media. Coincidence or not?

Fingers crossed.
Thanks for putting it this way. Gives me hope...Guarded but hopefully now.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

God I hope today IS the day and they nail this !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hope so!! I freaked out yesterday, a first for me when my teen daughter was late coming home from track. Sometimes they cut through the woods to head back to the house....

I don't know.

However, video of a suspect is not in itself unusual.

Further, "twist" suggests that there's something about the case that's not straight forward. "Twist" implies that the case goes in one direction and then "twists" or turns in another.

I agree like if it seems like a random or catfish ed rape and murder but then it appears there is some connection to friends or family members, drug cartel, retaliation, etc. That would make for a "confusing and complicated" case.

No it wasnt. JMO-
I will search when I'm home from work, but when the questions about Morgan were posed to the Chief after Hannahs killer was caught, he said something along the lines of We have not found anything as of yet, blah, blah, similar, blah, and we are doing testing and blah blah.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member