IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #24

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"This horrible crime has put a hole in our family that will never heal,” said Patty at one point during the news conference.

When asked how he’d react to an arrest Patty responded, “l’ll try to be a Christian man. I’ll put more thought to that.”

http://wane.com/2017/03/07/relative-of-indiana-teen-slain-with-friend-to-speak-publicly/

I thought that was a very powerful statement as well. I cannot imagine the internal struggle that he will have to deal with when whoever did this is caught.

If that's a possibility, perhaps LE should make it clear in statements to the public and press that if the reason they're afraid to come forward is because it may incriminate themselves for other NON RELATED CRIMES, that they will overlook/work with them on it. I've seen that done plenty before.

That is a great thought! One would hope that LE would work with that person if it meant getting BG!

The grandfather of Liberty German, one of two Delphi eighth-graders killed Feb. 13, called on the community to help police find justice for his granddaughter.

“This horrible crime has torn a hole in our families that will never heal,” Mike Patty said, as family members spoke publicly for the first time since the girls were killed while hiking on Delphi’s Monon High Bridge Trail.

Patty said his granddaughter known around the house for, when asked to pick up shoes or do a chore, for saying, “I will, in a minute.”

“Please, give her the one minute she always asked for,” Patty said asking for the community to consider any tip or bit of information coming from the dozens of agencies investigating the crime.

Patty, standing with Liberty’s grandmother, Becky Patty, also read a statement from the family of Abby Williams, who also was killed that day. In it, Williams’ family said they respected German’s family for speaking out but that they preferred to keep private for now.

“I ask the media to respect their choice,” Patty said.

Patty said that Libby and Abby loved being around each other and were especially excited about the upcoming softball season. The day before they were killed, they got out their equipment and worked on their batting stances.

“They’ll never be able to play a single inning again,” Patty said, as his wife rested her chin on his shoulder.

Carroll County Sheriff Tobe Leazenby thanked the community for the help and support during the investigation.

“I want to send out a huge net of thanks to everybody who has even had this one their minds,” Leazenby said. “We strive for justice. And we will get that justice.”

http://www.jconline.com/story/news/...y-slain-delphi-girl-speak-out-today/98943428/

Well IMO they ought to knock it out because it caused the floodgates to burst and a river of rumors to overflow into SM.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I took this as the team are internally telling themselves / each other "today is the day" for motivational purposes, not to publicly announce this each time and crying wolf, so to speak.

They didn't say. Just said they think its incredibly coincidental and don't have evidence right now that supports they're connected in any way. They aren't going to release COD, JMO.

Did "they" actually say, "incredibly coincidental"?

Does this mean the other 6-7k tips are a combo of duplicates / not credible?

I too was unsure with that statement.

Are they dupes, or are they next in queue for priority purposes.

A question perhaps a good journalist will follow up.. perhaps a tweet to them to ask for those that do twitter as he said he would be available for questions after the presser.

How incredibly frustrating for LE. I've always thought there is no way to commit a crime without "someone" seeing you ... and yet, with the phone evidence they STILL can't identify this THING ... not calling him a man, cause clearly he is a monster.

Where is Will Trent when you need him? ... but seriously, carry on LE. You will SOLVE this.

Sorry if I have missed this - Was there any mention of them releasing an FBI profile of BG in the future?

I think it means they haven't gotten to them yet. Thats a LOT of tips.

he said they still have 1500 tips in the stack to go through.

then he said that there's a vetting process for getting them into that stack which includes weeding out duplicates, and ensuring the tip has merit.

this is one of the things i transcribed nearly word for word on a previous page.

Did "they" actually say, "incredibly coincidental"?

Emily Longnecker‏
@EmilyWTHR

Follow
More
Investigators says murder case out of Iowa in 2012 of 2 young girls is coincidence. They have no evidence this case is connected to that one

Sorry, don't know how to do the tweet thing

I agree. I think they have to release moving video of that guy walking.

Not sure who but someone was murdered in the last week or so and they released video of the perp (with hoodie on head) and this morning I saw he was arrested. I think the video of him walking helped solve the mystery of who he was.

JMO

Sent from my KFFOWI using Tapatalk
I agree with you. Where I live someone was identified in a crime by the way they saw them walk on camera.

https://www.fbi.gov/contact-us/fiel...deaths-of-liberty-german-and-abigail-williams

and press conference today..

Mr. Patty also asked if anyone knows someone who has shaved their beard, changed appearance, different routines.
and the comment about anyone with a blue coat or known to walk those trails...

Was Mr. Patty just mentioning what the FBI is also asking people to pay attention to? Or do they think BG had a beard/mustache/facial hair that is now being kept shaven?

I hope that made sense!

Strange, this press conference had all the feel of a pacifier.
More to stop the huge outpouring of speculation than anything else. I got zero feel of urgency from LE.
Was press conference a smoke screen? Figured to let the family have a conference to thank folks,
Lull the suspect into a false sense of security?

I agree with poster (?) Upthread a little. There isn't anything left here to do right now.

Here's hoping that something happens today...

Strange, this press conference had all the feel of a pacifier.
More to stop the huge outpouring of speculation than anything else. I got zero feel of urgency from LE.
Was press conference a smoke screen? Figured to let the family have a conference to thank folks,
Lull the suspect into a false sense of security?

I agree with poster (?) Upthread a little. There isn't anything left here to do right now.

Here's hoping that something happens today...

I think pacifier is the perfect word for this.

I am very disheartened by today's press conference. IMO they don't have much going on at all and are grasping at straws. I pray I am wrong. My heart breaks for these families and am sending prayers for them and LE. ETA: total respect for Mr. Patty.

If BG was unfamiliar with the area, he may have thought that anyone who happened to see the girls crossing over to the south end of the bridge would think that they were on that side and all searches would be conducted over there. By crossing the creek to the north side and hidden from the bridge, he may have thought it was a safe secluded area in the woods to leave the girls since he could not see any houses on that side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marcia.C108