IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #24

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the main point of that presser was to tell people to stop spreading rumors and speculating, it doesn't help them, and can actually hurt the case a lot. I think that may have been why they brought up the Iowa case. Ive seen a lot of people on SM talk about that case like its 100% connected, when really its just a guess based on the similarities between the cases. It makes sense, don't get me wrong, but we don't know if its connected, and apparently LE doesn't either. JMO.

Social media can be a real turd sometimes. :butthead:

I never did see a connection. But because LE has to check everything i understand them checking w/LE on that case. Jmo

IMO the worst click bait article in this whole story came at the beginning, a couple of days in, when a site - I think it was that 59 site but can't be sure - had a headline that said DELPHI SUSPECT IDENTIFIED.

of course what the article said was "man on bridge identified as suspect in the double homicide".

I believe this was the first one.....

http://www.walb.com/story/34548844/suspect-identified-in-delphi-double-homicide

WALB is located at 1709 Stuart Avenue, in Albany, Georgia 31707

Suspect identified in Delphi double homicide
Monday, February 20th 2017, 4:19 pm EST
Monday, February 20th 2017, 4:39 pm EST

Well, LE just told reporters there is NOTHING NEW he is going to be saying. Grandpa is reading a statement from family.

To me probably the most important aspect of the PC.

-Nin

Can't hit 'thanks' enough times for that !

SM passes misinformation and rumors around as if it's fact, with zero consideration for the investigation (and for innocent bystanders).

Quote Originally Posted by kittymittons
Rumors can be detrimental to our case. It could lead people who might have information to this case to not share their tips with us. We are asking people, if you hear something on social media, make sure it comes from a reliable source. Please. If it does not come from us, hold off on spreading those rumors. Please.

stick around and you will find this is not necessarily true. Just because they do not share with us, does not mean they have a lot more. We know they have video and/or pics, and an audio. They have bodies, dna, and a crime scene (which may have yielded much more evidence than we, the public, know), and they have tips to go through.

They have a lot more to start with than many crimes that do get solved.

A young woman from my area went missing from a halloween party; it took 6 months to find her body, and another year to make an arrest.

Be patient, WSers. I know it is not easy, but work is being done, progress is likely being made, and I do not expect to be unsolved.

I agree except that in today's presser LE has not confirmed whether or not they have DNA. They have maintained this from the beginning. To state they have DNA is speculation and not fact. I sure hope they have DNA, and it would indeed be difficult to clean off DNA in the woods. But, LE has not confirmed either way if they have DNA or not.

I know your paraphrasing, but it was more like We don't know that they are connected. It left me feeling more towards they think they could be...But are waiting to be sure. Make any sense? Lol it does in my head...

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
IMO My understanding of what the state police spokesperson said about the connection between Liberty and Abigail's case and the Iowa Case:
Give it a rest,
Let it go,
Move along,
Leave it alone,
At this time, they do NOT appear to be connected

It has started..grandpa is talking..girls were practicing baseball the day before.

Telling stories of Libbey. He is asking people to listen to audio clip and look at pic. Somebody knows who this is!

Have they started this early? I thought it was 12?

Grandpa is thanking everyone. Reiterates the need to study pics. Thanks for donation to reward fund.

I agree except that in today's presser LE has not confirmed whether or not they have DNA. They have maintained this from the beginning. To state they have DNA is speculation and not fact. I sure hope they have DNA, and it would indeed be difficult to clean off DNA in the woods. But, LE has not confirmed either way if they have DNA or not.

Yesterday this article addressed DNA. It's a quote from superintendent Doug Carter.

“We are using every capable process that we have from a scientific perspective as everyone would expect us to, and we will continue to do that until there is nothing left to do. does that include DNA? It does."

[FONT=&quot]I have to go on a mini-rant.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]JMO--->I was watching the press conference on a live feed. I will not say which feed it was other than it was on FB. Some of the comments that people were making were disgusting. I do not understand for the life of me why being behind a computer makes it essentially OK for people to be so awful, especially toward a case like this.

Some comments were directed at LE, some at the parents and at the girls themselves. Society in the modern age is horrible. I'm glad people on WS are kind and supportive, because that is so hard to find anymore it seems. I'm just so angry that things like this happen. Why would you attack people that are going through an unimaginable thing? --->JMO

Rant over![/FONT]

This led me to a crappy thought...
Perhaps the person with "The" tip is also someone with outstanding warrants and since they can't call and collect reward due to getting themselves in trouble....

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

If don't think anyone knows this man.

Have they started this early? I thought it was 12?

Grandpa is thanking everyone. Reiterates the need to study pics. Thanks for donation to reward fund.

It started an hour and a half ago, and ended after about 25-30 mins or so. Just a rough guess on how long it lasted.

They are going to build a ball diamond in memory of girls. He is thanking LE now.

What? This was already on? It is saying in my feed that it is live. Has LE spoken? I'm very confused

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne