IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #24

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it was the video and the audio that have left them so upset.

I think it is 2 dead teenagers that has them so upset.

Plus knowing they gave up the search the night before they were found, assuming they had run away...that decision would haunt me forever if I were LE.

The lack of more info about the suspect is disheartening but keep in mind that LE may be playing the "we don't have much else" card in attempt to encourage the suspect to slip up or whatever. Perhaps the profile came back and the FBI is encouraging local police to create the appearance of a lack of significant progress to stroke the guy's ego or whatever. Who knows.

Plus knowing they gave up the search the night before they were found, assuming they had run away...that decision would haunt me forever if I were LE.

I remember seeing the news story on all our local Indianapolis stations on the night they were missing. "Foul play is not suspected" was repeated over and over on each report.

Then it was announced that the search was called off for the night.

Two teen girls, I am sure everyone thought they were runaways. Hindsight is 20/20.......

I hope it's ok to ask this question. I would like to try to understand more about why this would be the case...

1. Why would LE not want to state that the perp is still at large and possibly armed and dangerous?

IMHO, all I can come up with is they may have an idea who he is. But if that isn't the case, what other reasons may apply??

LE has stated to walk or hike in pairs, and be prepared and armed, if necessary. At least that's my take on the statements in the link.
http://www.carrollcountycomet.com/n...ntinues_in_his_resolve_the_double_homici.html

Monday night: A large search effort involving volunteers and multiple law enforcement agencies gets underway. They scour the area in an attempt to find Liberty and Abigail. The search is called off due to darkness.

http://cbs4indy.com/2017/02/16/time...eenagers-liberty-german-and-abigail-williams/

Back to what was said in the PC by Libby's grandfather, perhaps "humanizing" the girls by talking about their interests will encourage someone to come forward who knows something about the suspect. IMO, it would be easier to not turn in someone if I thought of the girls in an abstract sense. I'm sure I'm not the only one who's heard if you're taken by someone that you should talk about your family, etc, so they think of you as a person. Maybe the same theory applies to the very person who may hold the key to this investigation. JMO

Have to agree about LE. I think they dropped the ball a few times. We need to see actual video or hear more audio no matter If it might be disturbing. We don't need to see members of LE on twitter feeling humbled by donations of Diet Pepsi crate donations, It should all be about finding this *advertiser censored**.

Speck bound his victim's hands and feet and had them contained in a room.

Our crime scene could have been happened upon by another hiker/walker etc.......

....these cases are not similar at all.

Again, holding a gun/knife/weapon to one of the girls and telling the other you'll kill them if they run or scream... They're young girls, who were very close friends. I don't think it would have been hard for the perp to control the situation in this way. JMO.

indeed

but then maybe we are just hoping for that based on watching too many crime shows?

Does anybody else think (by now) that the FBI would have created a composite sketch using their technology from analyzing the video/photo that exists? The reason I say this, is regardless of how you change your clothing, it's much harder to change your "face". Just my opinion/thought/whatever...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, the point is not that their behavior isn't monster -ish but that the individuals do not look like "monsters" or behave like monsters in every action. They look like a neighbor, friend, spouse, father, relative...

I'm certainly not saying the crime is "normal" but that our image of who would do such a thing is often not the reality.

In my work the focus is on child sexual abusers. Sexual abusers are not, as a rule, the creepy guys passing out candy from a van. 90% of the time they know the victim well, up to 70% of the time it is someone in a parental role.

MOO.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

bbm

Perhaps not, however, normal though they may look....They often lack certain human traits. They push boundaries, invade personal space, don't take no for an answer, they often say inappropriate things, they can appear too helpful, too caring... too *human*... too "perfectly normal" ...Like fake fruit.

barbara babe...the theory I postulated about the possibility of this crime being a hate crime is more complex than two tomboys playing softball. I have done my research on homophobia and/or misogyny in Indiana, including reading about the current very heated debates going on legally about religious conservatism verses LGBT rights and protections. Google it if you are interested. I'm saying that one THEORY could be that the perp is a deranged, psychotic person who, without evidence, makes blanket assumptions about girls /women athletes. I provided a link earlier to a book entitled "Polygendered and Ponytailed" which presents arguments and evidence about this. The point IS NOT ABOUT SPECULATIONS OF ANYONE'S SEXUALITY! THE POINT IS CULTURALLY GENERATED STEREOTYPES that could work their way into a killer's mind. That's all. It is really quite hard to contemplate why this theory, even if you don't agree with it, creates such rancor and misunderstanding.

barababes quote:

I just think it's so wrong to even make speculations on if the girls were bullied, if they were lesbians, if this, if that... it's just so wrong. There isn't some mad man out there who wants to kill tomboys who play baseball/softball.

I think even speculating those things is making assumptions about the victims and to me that's just so wrong and offensive.

Teens walking by, and some guy walking by in black don't lend to a hate crime at all.

Anyway, I have to rush to my personal trainer now.

Bless[/QUOTE]

Sometimes I wish this website had a chat feature that allowed us to theorize, chat and discuss things in real time without taking up so much space in here. But of course that would mean it couldn't be as closely monitored but still, it would be a nice feature.

WS does have the group chat feature. If you start one, please invite me!

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/chat.php

what if one or both of them were still alive when the search was called off? that thought has been haunting me ...

I think the photos have been brightened to be seen more clearly. But that is odd that the one on the left of that poster isn't. Not sure why that would be.

Since there are so many frames of stills to capture in just a second or 2 of video these are just 2 different frames. You can tell because his left leg is not just brighter, it is positioned slightly more forward in mid-step.

"This was very intimate for him" Explain how I came to this conclusion? The voice recording. He showed no stress, no heavy breathing after just making apparently a speed walk across the tracks. He was calm, collected and was waiting for the deed to be done, maybe for a release. I've probably had a few years of experience and training to determine things like this, but the again...MOO.

Edit: I've interrogated people before on multiple occasions, I've also debriefed others, collected intel, analyzed that intel (reports and imagery) produced a report and and presented it in order to strengthen my case or those working with me.

Have to agree about LE. I think they dropped the ball a few times. We need to see actual video or hear more audio no matter If it might be disturbing. We don't need to see members of LE on twitter feeling humbled by donations of Diet Pepsi crate donations, It should all be about finding this *advertiser censored**.

LE thanking the public for their support is a good thing.

Someone has to know the sp........landlord, wife, girlfriend,,brother, sister, parents, grandparents, gas station person, checker at a grocery store.....one person has to know him! #findthemonster

I work at a certain Dollar store. I probably see more than a hundred customers a week. Sad to say, that when other co-workers of mine have put police reports with pictures of customers that have committed crimes on SM, I have a hard time recognizing them. The problem with me is that I associate them being in my store not in a mug shot and or grainy picture such as the one of BG. The funny thing is that I'm really good at recognizing people I've worked with in the past or knew at certain times in my life. So here's my point, unless I've had some kind of interaction with someone (a conversation with them while I'm checking them out and see them again and brought that subject up another time) I'm probably not going to recognize a random customer who just came in once. Unless of course, something caused the red flags to come up. Oh, let's say something caused them to be angry and I noticed I had never seen them before. But even then, after a while that kind of fades in the memory. Just throwing this out there... IMO JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rav17en