IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought it had been stated that it is a hat, not hair?

This is very true and I agree with you. I promise I wasn't trying to say he/she shouldn't call it in.

Sent from my KFFOWI using Tapatalk
Oh no I wasn't trying to be rude, promise. I just hope this gets solved soon and if someone on here provides a tip that solves it, well that would be awesome. I feel so terrible that these girls went through something horrible and feel they deserve justice. My husband thinks I need a break from this, but I feel like I cant stop until I see that someone has been apprehended.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

First time poster here. I'm making the assumption that because the town is small, BG is not a resident of the immediate area, otherwise he would most likely be suspected if not identified by now given all the publicity. Secondly, the layout of the trail and where the crime occurred suggest that some amount of planning or reconnaissance was likely. So, if BG was not a local and if planning was involved, how did he scout out the area? One possibility is that he did some of his reconnaissance over the web with sites like Google Earth. I don't know if this is technologically possible, but it would be interesting if LE could subpoena information from Google (and possibly services) to see what IP addresses were searching for Delphi (or the Delphi trail) in the weeks or months leading up to the murders. If multiple searches for Delphi come up from the same IP address, that might be a place to start. I'm not discounting the possibility that he scouted the area in person as well, but if he had gone there in person multiple times before the crime, he would be taking a higher risk of being identified. He could have done a lot of his scouting over the internet.

Nice first post. The welcome wagon will be along shortly.

I thought it had been stated that it is a hat, not hair?
Really? I must have missed something then. If so then it makes sense it would be the button thing on top of the hat.

First time poster here. I'm making the assumption that because the town is small, BG is not a resident of the immediate area, otherwise he would most likely be suspected if not identified by now given all the publicity. Secondly, the layout of the trail and where the crime occurred suggest that some amount of planning or reconnaissance was likely. So, if BG was not a local and if planning was involved, how did he scout out the area? One possibility is that he did some of his reconnaissance over the web with sites like Google Earth. I don't know if this is technologically possible, but it would be interesting if LE could subpoena information from Google (and possibly services) to see what IP addresses were searching for Delphi (or the Delphi trail) in the weeks or months leading up to the murders. If multiple searches for Delphi come up from the same IP address, that might be a place to start. I'm not discounting the possibility that he scouted the area in person as well, but if he had gone there in person multiple times before the crime, he would be taking a higher risk of being identified. He could have done a lot of his scouting over the internet.

Could be someone that has family in the area, hunts/fishes/vacations there on a regular enough basis. There are a lot of campgrounds and state parks with campgrounds in Indiana. Someone who grew up in the area but moved away. Because major highways aren't common here there are a lot of people that travel frequently for work/leisure that become familiar with the areas they pass through on a regular basis (I talk to a number of people like that every week).

I still to this day see that as a camo hat and not hair at all. So strange. At the beginning I thought it was hair and has time has passed I see it as a hat. Probably the piece of evidence they have of him. Who knows?

I still standby MO that it is a camouflaged hoodie or hooded camouflaged jacket.:moo:

Welcome to Websleuths!!! We're glad you joined us!!!

I called the tip in......that's one thing hat would help to know , hat or full head of hair

Really? I must have missed something then. If so then it makes sense it would be the button thing on top of the hat.

I'm wanting to say it was on a local news report (we live alarmingly too close for my comfort, even though I'd never heard of Delphi before this) back when they first released the still shot.

amkidd78, I live between you and Delphi and think there is something familiar about him, too, but I can't put a face or name to him. I'm sure plenty of us feel that way, and with the still shot being so blurry it really opens up the number of people it could be (the voice is not familiar to me). If you have a more definitive person, please PLEASE contact the tip line they have open. Also remember they're going through a lot of tips, and if you hear nothing back after being told they'll contact you (give a reasonable amount of time, like a couple weeks), but you know said person hasn't been checked out by LE, call them again. Many cases could have been solved earlier if a certain lead/tip hadn't fallen through the cracks/ been forgotten. Don't pester them, but definitely contact them.
I just read on Sgt Tony Slocum's twitter that they do not contact the person reporting the tip unless they have to,so you may not hear anything back from them,but they have said they will investigate every tip.

Oh no I wasn't trying to be rude, promise. I just hope this gets solved soon and if someone on here provides a tip that solves it, well that would be awesome. I feel so terrible that these girls went through something horrible and feel they deserve justice. My husband thinks I need a break from this, but I feel like I cant stop until I see that someone has been apprehended.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
I didn't think you were being rude. :)

Maybe it's my med's, maybe it's to much research but I had a very bad dream about this last night.

Me too!!!
My dream seemed so real that I woke up feeling certain I had solved the case!...but i didn't, darn it.

The voice doesn't match the looks for sure, which may be why LE believe others "participated". I'm not sure yet which to believe, but I lean towards only one person being involved. I would love to know if they search the two most covert escape routes. I was looking for the video showing EL searching the area, the one with all of the choppers in the air. I can't find it though. From what I recall they were searching the road by the drop off point. I'm not convinced the guy even knew it was there. He may have thought the girls were from the houses on the south side and taking them across the creek would make it harder for someone to find them.

My very first response (way back in one of the older threads) was the voice doesn't match the image and for some reason it keeps playing on my mind. I'm not totally convinced its one person involved in the girls murders but then I cant see any logical reason why LE wouldn't just say so. This makes me reason it must be one person and it must be that same persons voice and image captured on Liberty's phone. That really is the only sensible conclusion at this point in time IMO

I had one the other night too. I dreamed I passed by this older man- about 60. His hair was white and he had a sparse white-brown hair beard. He had on faded clothes- a checkered like patterned flannel shirt and loose fitting jeans, similar to ones in the picture. He was slim to medium built and medium height- maybe 5'9. Somehow I knew it was him and I shuddered with chills and felt scared. Then I woke up.

The above post was supposed to be in reply to this- about a dream....

There are no bathrooms. Search this on you tube to see a lady and her husband walk to the end of the bridge, and go down the hill to the creek.

"Video 1 Retracing Libby and Abby's steps across Monon High Bridge"

Thanks to Melrose for posting about the above video which is on youtube. Nice job by Julie who made this. There are actually 5 videos in total that she made. I highly recommend to all of you WS'er go watch these videos. Gives you a real sense of the lay of the land, so to speak. She actually (with her husband) walked the entire length of the bridge at a fairly good pace, showing where the pic of BG was probably taken from, then went down the hill at the southeast end of the bridge, hiked down to the creek. From the edge of the creek you can see the police yellow tape across the creek marking where the bodies were found. Hard to tell about the actual depth of the creek, but it does look crossable, may have gotten wet up to the knees or mid thighs.

I live in Lafayette about 20 minutes away and thought about going up there to do what Julie did, but thought my knees would have a problem hiking down the hill. Plus I'm not keen on heights! I really appreciate the time that Julie and her hubby put into making these videos! Great effort!

I took a minute to study the photos there, IMO he has a hood up in one, and in the other it has fallen back slightly, revealing the brownish hair.

The bast*** has his jacket stuffed with something, and where I first thought that the brown material poking out from under his jacket was a brown hoody, I do now believe it to be a fanny pack.

So he is well supplied, fanny pack and stuffed jacket. This guy HAD to of been casing the place, there is no way he set off one morning to a random area and decided to take on two people.

He must must must be on CCTV somewhere, maybe not looking exactly like he does in our blurry picture, but there must be a shady out of towner on some film role in Delphi.

My mind is boggled :(

I cannot imagine what a grown man would want by subjecting two young innocent girls to torture. I can only hope that he is caught and pays a price for what he has done. It will break my heart if he gets away with this.

I know we are not LE, and I know we don't have the full story... but WHAT are we missing???

Yeah those videos are great, really gave me a sense of the area.
I have no doubt after watching the video of Julie and her husband crossing the bridge that the girls were ambushed on the actual bridge. There would be no way to make an escape, unless you jumped:tears:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
welsh98