IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw somewhere that with no witnesses, the average time to identify a suspect in a murder case is 3 to 5 months. Let's be patient.

Yep. It's just starting to get underway, in terms of duration.

I saw somewhere that with no witnesses, the average time to identify a suspect in a murder case is 3 to 5 months. Let's be patient.

There is a witness in this case. We have a photo and voice recording that she took.

I am curious.

Does anyone here have any first hand experience how they handle and prioritize tips?

I'm sure it all goes into a database....maybe ranking them highest to lowest how close to the crime scene they saw something, if it is a fact versus a theory, how easy or hard it would be to check it out, etc.

I would think then that each day someone generates a list of what to work on (because you don't have enough resources to work on everything!)

So, anyone ever served on a tip line like this?

I am curious.

Does anyone here have any first hand experience how they handle and prioritize tips?

I'm sure it all goes into a database....maybe ranking them highest to lowest how close to the crime scene they saw something, if it is a fact versus a theory, how easy or hard it would be to check it out, etc.

I would think then that each day someone generates a list of what to work on (because you don't have enough resources to work on everything!)

I've never worked a tip line, but I did make a post re: tips and how they were prioritized in Jessica Ridgeway's case; I will see if I can find the post.

Eta: not real specific, still looking, but here's one post from Knox:

"About 100 investigators from a dozen local, state and federal agencies are working through the weekend, checking leads that may identify who killed 10-year-old Jessica Ridgeway.

The law enforcement team includes FBI profilers, U.S. Marshals Service agents, CBI crime scene analysts and Westminster detectives, who are following leads and interviewing registered sex offenders, said Trevor Materasso, Westminster police spokesman.

A team of eight people fielded every imaginable type of tip Saturday, including advice about where to search for evidence and who should be investigated. There were even tips from people claiming to be psychic, Materasso said.

The tips were prioritized, but each one will eventually be checked, Materasso said. By Friday, police had received more than 1,500 tips.

Read more:*Investigators follow all leads to find Jessica Ridgeway's killer - The Denver Post*http://www.denverpost.com/breakingne...#ixzz29DjV3Aan*"

^

There is a witness in this case. We have a photo and voice recording that she took.

What they have is rare in a murder case a lead like that is a tremendous break...Liberty did something that I have never heard of a victim doing before...and still something is wrong here. This case has stalled. I think he might of cleaned up crime scene . The water was right there. He is very devious and cunning. They need to find him because he will strike again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Update from Bessie re that subject, in case you missed it marg

It wasn't geocaching, per se, that was the problem. Sleuthing GC users, and posting screencaps from the GC site, became a huge problem. So much so, that the entire subject was nixed.

Before I give you a nod to re-open the subject, give the mods a little time to review. We'll get back to you later today.

Thanks for your patience.

Bessie
WS ADMINISTRATOR

What they have is rare in a murder case a lead like that is a tremendous break...Liberty did something that I have never heard of a victim doing before...and still something is wrong here. This case has stalled. I think he might of cleaned up crime scene . The water was right there. He is very devious and cunning. They need to find him because he will strike again.

Yes.....Or if the suspect is not from around there, had lots of time to get away, does not have his DNA in a database and no one got a look at a license plate, etc..... maybe they will just have to rely on good police work. If the resolution of the video was double what it was, someone would be 100% certain who it was and there would be a named person and a massive manhunt already.

This might be one of those that takes quite a while... like the video they had on the murderer of Hannah Graham and Morgan Harrington in Virginia....which still took several weeks even though they identified the name of the person. They just had to get their hard evidence verified and ducks lined up before acting.

I think, still, that he may be wearing this jacket inside out. We see no buttons, no zipper, no insignia, no top[ stitching. We may be seeing the lining of the jacket. Just saying.

SBM..Until I read your post just now I'd never considered his jacket could be inside out, but I have kind of thought there's something off about the way the construction of the jacket looks. Like you mention, I can't really see any buttons, zipper or top stitching. Another thing, and this of course is jmo, but whenever I've zeroed in on the hood, I thought it seemed kind of an odd color. On one hand I wanted to say it looks sort of dark grayish, but when I look around the edges of the hood I think I see a bit of camouflage color. If his hood is attached to his jacket and it's on inside out.that could explain it (for me) because we'd be seeing the lining of the hood too and if his hoodie is indeed camouflage, the inside of the hoodie could be more of a solid gray.
jmo!

What you sleuth behind the scenes is up to you, but you are NOT ALLOWED to sleuth/post on Websleuths about persons who have not been officially named a POI or suspect.

The ONLY person Tricia has approved for sleuthing on the thread is JW. If that changes, we'll let you know.

IMO, a brown hoodie is not at all unusual.

Google : outdoors clothing men's hoodie (images)

Mostly tans, browns, fatigue, camo, grays, etc.

It definitely isn't unusual....Delphi has approximately 2800 residents. Now eliminate women, children, elderly...probably get down over half and then go through social media looking at outfits worn before this crime took place...becomes more unusual to find...just saying...also this is going of assumption he is a local...if not it's a needle in a huge haystack

I really wish we knew for sure if the photo on the left is showing his hair or if it is covered. I can "see it" both ways. But if it is hair, that is a full head of hair (no balding or receding hairline, imo, and would, I imagine, eliminate several people currently thought to resemble the .)

I feel angry/creeped out/sad every time I see that photo...

That's why I think he doubled back and caught up with them on the northwest side of the bridge. No one crosses water like that unless they have to. IMO
Could have gone down either way Justice. Thank you. One more thing: Someone stated that his vehicle (if he had one) was parked on the private driveway that goes under the trestle on the south end of the bridge. The question then arises: Why park on a private drive where you might stand the chance of encountering a landowner asking "What are you doing here?". Or a landowner noticing the car on their driveway and taking note of the make/model/plate, even if they didn't confront you personally. Graveyard would be a much smarter option. Very quiet public space, off the road. Nobody is going to challenge you with a "Why are you here" awkward enquiry. Also, people keep their distance in a graveyard out of respect. They don't come barging up to you to chat. Keep his head down, get in his car and quick getaway. JMO.

I've been following since beginning and have just decided to contribute my own thoughts. I live in Scotland and many moons ago I had a long term boyfriend who looks exactly like BG. When the image was first released my heart missed a beat, it is so uncannily like my ex. Even though we see no face at all, that doesn't matter everything else about that image is my old boyfriend. Now that was over 30 years ago and my ex still lives locally and is in his 60s now. What I have been wondering is if any of my fellow townsfolk were following this story, would they have had the same reaction to that image as I had, or is it because I had such a close relationship with my ex and it triggered memories from thirty years ago when my ex would have been in his 30s. If these events had taken place here in Scotland 30 years ago I would have recognized this man and would have had to report this to the police, or worse would I have been in denial? Why has no one recognized him? Hopefully someone has and the police have not yet reached that tip. My heart goes out to those two young ladies and their families.

Could someone tell me how to search for a member by name....

I am curious.

A good read on this is "the angels and demons article" with posted upthread

I really wish we knew for sure if the photo on the left is showing his hair or if it is covered. I can "see it" both ways. But if it is hair, that is a full head of hair (no balding or receding hairline, imo, and would, I imagine, eliminate several people currently thought to resemble the .)

I feel angry/creeped out/sad every time I see that photo...

It could even be a wig/toupee too, so even baldies could still be suspected. If it's hair, it's a heck of a headful of it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member