IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 - #27

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally I think the Monon high bridge needs to close even without this terrible tragedy it is a huge safety concern being in a poor state condition wise. If you can't get across a bridge safely in an emergency you shouldn't be able to get across it at all. There are no railings either so it could be the scene of a tragic accident at some point.
Couldn't agree more and I stated the same 4 weeks ago...that it wasn't safe and that everyone couldn't enjoy it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

It's disingenuous to accuse local media of misleading us or the general public on purpose. They are humans too. Sure, they want a story, but mistakes happen.

All of us have made them.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

BBM. Agree, and I've never seen any one do such. I just said their perhaps opinions are misleading/bad journalism, but not "on purpose to mislead" if that make sense

IF if if Fox59 was correct in their latest news report, it excludes him perhaps due to age.

Yet my issue is that Fox59 inputs stuff into their reports of the reporters opinion, which is misleading :pullhair: as to a quote from LE or fact for some folks... and this age range perhaps was NOT said by LE :moo: until I hear otherwise

http://fox59.com/2017/03/13/police-continue-investigation-of-several-people-of-interest-a-month-into-delphi-murder-investigation/

I have said that they have done it again and again, but I never said it was "done on purpose" to mislead. Just stated that Fox 59 has done it 3 times, so I'm gonna watch them more closely, call them on anything I think is incorrect.

Just saying.. :moo:

I'm still considering the possibility that the perp/s could be vagrants camping nearby the bridge.

So, in sleuthing Deer Creek, the stream that flows under Monon Bridge to see if one is able to navigate it by canoe or boat, I found a news video from 2015. It doesn't have anything to do with this case but it seems unusual in that a non-English speaking man reports a man floating face down in the river. Looking for updates, I guess LE never found the man.

[video=youtube;E4bErIFbHmo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4bErIFbHmo[/video]

Published on Jun 18, 2015
"DELPHI, Ind. (WLFI) -- Just after 8:30 Thursday morning, Carroll County Sheriff Tobe Leazenby said deputies responded to a call about a body floating face down in the Deer Creek."

As I said, nothing to do with our young ladies, just a curious finding.

Really? You don't see a difference?

sawed_off_shotgun.png

source - https://i0.wp.com/americanshootingj...ads/2016/08/sawed_off_shotgun.png?fit=600,231

We are better than this. We don't mock other people's ideas here.

Side note: That gun that the individual is shooting is very illegal.

26 Inch minimum, 18 inch barrel, minimum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Side note: That gun that the individual is shooting is very illegal.

26 Inch minimum, 18 inch barrel, minimum.

Call me crazy but I don't think that BG is the type of guy who really gives a rat's patootie whether his gun is regulation.

Call me crazy but I don't think that BG is the type of guy who really give's a patootie whether his gun is regulation.

True, but that's not the typical size of a SOS, as that was an example of an illegal SOS, which is all I was saying.

WOW! I thought it would be quicker than that. Has he been assigned bail yet?
Sorry to jump in but I can't find the link ya'all were using.
TIA

It's the 20th not the 30th but for whatever reason some people don't edit their posts, they just make a second one to correct themself, which that poster did about two posts later.

There will be no bail. He's being held on no bond, which is customary in probation violations. He's lucky it's so quick. My own relative has sat in jail for months before, waiting to get to see the judge. Since December 24th to be exact. It was not for a big crime - spray painting street signs. They just take awhile. Hopefully it will be soon here. At least all this waiting time will count towards time served if the judge ends up deciding to give jail time.

sorry for relevant OT/personal info. I strive not to do that.

I've read from numerous sources that the BG pics were still photos from a longer video. I've also read that they may have been Instagram photos that were unsent. Another possibility is the Galaxy SOS feature. If you feel threatened you hit the volume button three times. It automatically records your GPS location, starts to record both audio and photo's in whatever direction the phone is pointed. It also has the capability of sending the GPS location, photos and audio to your emergency contact, if you have one listed.

I just wanted to take a moment to add my thanks to Wondergirl for linking the engrossing series of articles Angels & Demons about the horrific 1989 murders of Jo, Michelle and Christe Rogers in Tampa, Florida. It didn't take me long into reading it to see why the writer -- Thomas French of the St. Petersburg Times, won the 1998 Pulitzer Prize for Feature Writing for this excellent work. It was lengthy to get through with everything else I had going on over the weekend, but well worth the time, and I encourage anyone who has yet to read it to check it out. http://reprints.longform.org/angels-demons
More importantly, I believe it would be very beneficial to this case if the investigators in Indiana familiarized themselves with the Rogers case and took some lessons from it to apply here. Consider the following Angels & Demons quote from the lead Detective in the Rogers case, Glen Moore of the St. Petersburg PD -- speaking at a press conference before releasing handwriting samples of the suspect on billboards on July 30, 1992 (the suspect was captured from a tip generated from this decision not long after in Sept. 1992), on justifying why they decided to release more information to the public than they normally ever would have, as a case in point:

“Normally our policy is not to discuss evidence, or have the public view evidence, in unsolved homicide cases,” Moore said about the handwriting. ”However, the Rogers case is so unique, and the necessity to capture the killer so compelling, the need to display this evidence overrides normal procedures.”
Longtime Pinellas County commissioner, Barbara Sheen Todd was next and as writer Thomas French put it:
"When it was her turn to speak, Todd was sincere and impassioned. She said exactly what was needed."
“The thing to emphasize,” she said, “is there is no doubt this person will kill again.”

Sadly, Mrs. Todd was already correct when she made this statement, as the animal they were searching for, Oba Chandler, is now known to have committed -- at least -- one other murder after the Rogers triple homicide in June of 1989 as his DNA linked him to a murder in Coral springs in Nov. 1990. How many other victims may be out there we don't know as he wasn't finally apprehended until Sept. 1992.
IMO, and I believe it is the opinion of many of the Sleuthers in my perusing the thousands of posts on these 27 threads, we are faced with a similar situation here, in that, it sure doesn't stand to reason that the suspect who abducted and brutally murdered Abby & Libby hasn't committed a violent crime towards someone else prior to this major league event. This was not a rookie committing a starter crime. This was a cold, calculated killer most likely escalating from previous heinous crimes. And while heartbreakingly, we can't go back in time to prevent what's happened, the clock is ticking to catch this guy before he acts out again. And who knows who or where he'll strike, as he most likely will take his weird act on the road. And nobody wants that blood on their hands because they didn't do everything possible to take this out of circulation and throw him in a cage ASAP.
That is why I am urging the LE decision makers on this case to take a lesson from the Rogers case and please give the public something more to work with so that we can help you get him out of the game before he adds to his crimes. I understand very well the arguments over protecting the case that LE must build against the suspect, but I also believe that -- just like in the Rogers case, we have a unique situation here with two young girls brutally murdered with no known witnesses and a suspect who appears to be experienced and will most likely act out viciously again in the near future if he's not brought down. And that warrants marshalling the huge public resource of highly motivated people who are -- right now -- following this case closely and want to help LE in anyway possible to bring this to justice.
We are now a month in and I worry about this case growing cold which not only means that, Abby & Libby won't receive the justice that they so richly deserve -- which would be an absolute abomination, but it also would serve to further embolden this sick *advertiser censored* going forward and you can bet the next time, he'll fine tune things where he doesn't leave any video or audio captures behind, making him even harder to catch. But let's face it folks, today we're a month in here, and even with about a quarter of a million dollar reward attached to this , he's still in the wind, and that's not very promising.
And it's because -- unfortunately, a couple grainy, highly pixelated pictures of a guy bundled up and looking downward, and a three word audio snippet, just isn't going to cut it in helping the public -- one of LEs greatest assets of eyes, ears and associated memories, find this . There is no doubt that Websleuths has some very dedicated and talented individuals who do a remarkable job of bringing their unique abilities and perspectives to bear in trying to assist LE in getting the bad guys out of circulation and giving a voice to the victims, and I find myself continually impressed with these Sleuthers efforts and always look forward to their thoughts and visual displays. That said, some other stuff that's posted here borders on the absurd. But you've got to take the good with the bad I suppose. And both have been on full display over these 27 threads. But I think when your dealing with such a dearth of information -- such as 3 word audio snippets, and poor quality images -- like the two blurry video captures of BG, and you chew on it over and over again, sometimes you find yourself overreaching and seeing, hearing, thinking things that aren't there, so while I'm fairly certain -- or at least I should hope -- that everyone's intentions are well meaning, I think the reason for this is that until LE gives us something more to work with -- as much as I hate this expression...sometimes it seems that we're beating a dead horse.
So once more, I urge LE to help us help you, and please give us a little more to go on so that one of us out here in the public can give you the tip that brings this homicidal predator to justice before he starts feeling comfortable and starts feeling that itch to act out once again, which we absolutely can't allow to occur. But until he's caught, he's out there in our world, with our children, and that's something that mustn't be allowed to stand. We can't let this freak walk off and disappear as he blends into the crowd like Hannibal Lector at the end of Silence of the Lambs, off to kill again -- that scene always creeped me out! And if anyone knows someone on the LE task force for this case -- or one of their family or friends, please encourage them to take some time to either familiarize themselves with, or refamiliarize themselves with, the Rogers case as it's so eloquently recreated in Angels & Demons, so that maybe they can see another path to reaching a successful end to this case. And thank-you again Wondergirl for linking this award winning series of articles in the first place. I love a lot of you for what you do, and my hat is off to your efforts. Now hopefully if we can get LE to give us a little more, someone out there can shine a bright light on this creature who's trying to remain in the shadows from where he can pounce again, and LE can instead snare him and make him pay for his crimes. Now that would be a beautiful day. Here's wishing to see it soon. We owe it to Abby & Libby and all of the children out there who depend on us to make this a better, safer world. Somewhere where two girls can go on a simple hike and safely make it home again. In America, is that asking too much anymore? It can't be that way...it just can't be.

As far as my understanding, even if people trespass, if they get injured, they could sue the property owner. I read a post in a different forum a lady stole vegetable / fruits from a neighbor and she fell on the ground, she sued the property owner and got some medical fees paid off by the property owner. For this bridge, I would say if somebody falls off or gets injured because of lack of maintenance of that bridge, the bridge owner will take some kind of responsibility even it is a trespassing.

Yep, this is quite true in certain situations and certain states. CSX really should push to have trespassers prosecuted to protect themselves (and maybe with all of the media attention things will change). From what I gathered researching the topic, a random trespasser probably would have a tough time suing a landowner for injuries, but if said landowner was aware of trespassing and expected it to continually occur, it would be much easier to sue. For instance, if someone had land next to a public area and people frequently passed through the private land as a shortcut to the public land, the landowner would probably need to post signage that included any potential dangers and even then, it's probably going to come down to who has the better lawyer and what judge you end up with.

I'd like to think the world isn't full of litigious cons, but I know there are too many people out to make an easy dollar. It's probably cheaper and easier for CSX to just settle out of court for a puny amount when someone manages to get hurt/killed falling on/off the bridge. They probably have insurance that covers things of this nature anyway.

"several people of interest" sure did jump out at me when I read it.

I sure hope LE actually have some viable leads. Maybe it's because I'm a pessimist, but I have always felt that they were pretty stumped from the beginning. 13,000 tips, a video recording of the suspect, and at least one crime scene +bodies that were found rather quickly, and we still don't have anymore info about the suspect than we did two days in. Not a better picture, no height or age estimate, nothing. I think if they had something that would help the public ID the suspect, they'd be releasing more info.

I think they better rethink the strategy of arresting people while investigating and release more info, even if it's vague, if they don't think one of the 13k tips is useful. Something will tick a box for someone, but they haven't released the right info to the right person yet. I'm also a bit concerned that the continued implication the suspect is local might prevent a viable tip about a non-local. Someone might think local only means Delphi or maybe Delphi and the surrounding towns. Someone who lived in Delphi as a child may not tell a coworker he used to live there 20 years ago or that his parents still live there.

I've read from numerous sources that the BG pics were still photos from a longer video. I've also read that they may have been Instagram photos that were unsent. Another possibility is the Galaxy SOS feature. If you feel threatened you hit the volume button three times. It automatically records your GPS location, starts to record both audio and photo's in whatever direction the phone is pointed. It also has the capability of sending the GPS location, photos and audio to your emergency contact, if you have one listed.

WOW WOW WOW

That is amazing!
I had no idea

There are a lot of changes expected to happen within the Delphi trails system. It comes one month after the murder of two teen girls who went missing while hiking the Monon High Bridge Trail on Feb. 13.

A task force is being formed by the Delphi Historic Trails. It will be made up of community members, law enforcement officials, trail organizers, and other members of the public. The goal is to form a task force who will talk about safety strategies and implement them within the more than 10 miles of trails in the Delphi area.

The group will meet at 9:30 a.m. on Monday to talk about upcoming changes. Some of those include educating the public on safety, using cameras, and coordinating locations for 911 identification.

They also hope to implement using appropriate signage, using safety stations, and adding police patrols to the trails.

http://wishtv.com/2017/03/13/changes-coming-to-delphi-trails-system/

"“I think it’s positive. There’s really a lot of people who have used the trails and there’s kind of a sense of take back our trails and they welcome the addition law enforcement and just a general kind of comprehensive look at how to help trail safety,” Mccain said.
"
YES!

Personally I think the Monon high bridge needs to close even without this terrible tragedy it is a huge safety concern being in a poor state condition wise. If you can't get across a bridge safely in an emergency you shouldn't be able to get across it at all. There are no railings either so it could be the scene of a tragic accident at some point.

I saw somewhere that half the bridge is on State land and the rest is CSX property. For sure some liability issues. Perhaps a more effective temporary barrier.

I googled repurposed train trestles, with wood and railings they become gorgeous bike and walking paths. That would be awesome, provided it isn't leading to private, inaccessible land on the other side.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

There is one video I cannot find that showed a split screen comparing a local refinished bridge next to Monon. Gorgeous!

OK So from this Vid:

Help save the historic Monon Bridge

Mister Broken Record here, LOL ( I know);

"the entire project will cost around $300,000"
"CSX has agreed to donate the bridge and $37,000"
They have applied for a 150k grant from DNR

If that reward is never claimed I wonder if it's possible to donate it to create an Abby and Libby Memorial Walkway.
There has been a heavy effort to save the bridge.

Maybe someone down there will win the lottery and donate a fraction of it to Libby and Abby's memory.
"Take back our trails" !

MOO

This is what BG has in his right jacket pocket. keeping his hand in his jean pocket so he can secure and hide the weapon with his elbow. Pretty intimidating. IMO

I believe he had a gun in his right pocket, but nothing as large as a sawed-off shotgun. MOO.

I didn't read the last two threads-can you elaborate on this? Was RL arrested for a probation violation?

Yes, there was quite the hoopla about it over the weekend. Lots of posts about it, took up some serious space on here. Probation violation in regards to a DUI I believe?

They were little girls, not seasoned street people.
A weapon would not have to be large to frighten them into doing what BG wished them to do.
IMO, all he had to do was to threaten one to have both girls under his control.
A small gun, a knife, his hands on one of them

MOO

I'm still considering the possibility that the perp/s could be vagrants camping nearby the bridge.

So, in sleuthing Deer Creek, the stream that flows under Monon Bridge to see if one is able to navigate it by canoe or boat, I found a news video from 2015. It doesn't have anything to do with this case but it seems unusual in that a non-English speaking man reports a man floating face down in the river. Looking for updates, I guess LE never found the man.

[video=youtube;E4bErIFbHmo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4bErIFbHmo[/video]

Published on Jun 18, 2015
"DELPHI, Ind. (WLFI) -- Just after 8:30 Thursday morning, Carroll County Sheriff Tobe Leazenby said deputies responded to a call about a body floating face down in the Deer Creek."

As I said, nothing to do with our young ladies, just a curious finding.

Riley Park. Body seen floating in creek but never found after investigation, Whoa.

Just revisiting. Most folks here have ASSUMED the two girls were dropped off near the north end of the bridge which is upstream from Riley Park. But didn't Illinoismissing state that they could have been coming from Riley Park, and we all now are on the Highbridge Team as the girls were going there?

:dunno:

They were little girls, not seasoned street people.
A weapon would not have to be large to frighten them into doing what BG wished them to do.
IMO, all he had to do was to threaten one to have both girls under his control.
A small gun, a knife, his hands on one of them

MOO

I think that is probably true, I don't think it would take a lot to instigate a cooperative level of fear in MOST people, much less young girls that live in a place that has so few murders as Delphi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member