IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 - #27

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, not everyone pay much attention as WS do. So the reporter at fox59 is not using his words carefully. Don't expect that much from a local reporter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Txs! That's exactly my point. Local folks and "non :websleuther: read this and take it as fact. For these cases, I guess I'm just on it as to misleading factoids for the public which can sway opinion (e.g. since they said 25-45... my thought of calling in xyz, I won't due to his age doesn't match"

I just really get .. :pullhair: when media misleads and does articles that are inaccurate/salacious/ headlines and body and want to give them a feedback on how it impacts. Usually I have found in cases, local folks don't do such (lol, some will tell you Dailymail has the best photos, but take with a grain of salt on some of the facts...) so I really am watching Fox59 who is doing this again and again and again, and hoping they are getting feedback from folks. :moo:

This doesn't lend new information, but I had not seen it posted yet. From fox 59

http://fox59.com/2017/03/13/police-...est-a-month-into-delphi-murder-investigation/

From the above link:

"Police continue investigation of several ‘people of interest’ a month into Delphi murder investigation
POSTED 4:58 AM, MARCH 13, 2017, BY RUSS MCQUAID
UPDATED AT 10:04AM, MARCH 13, 2017
http://fox59.com/2017/03/13/police-...est-a-month-into-delphi-murder-investigation/

Indiana State Police Superintendent Doug Carter told FOX59 News that he thinks the clue to solve the murders of Abigail Williams and Liberty German is not yet among the more than 13,000 tips that an FBI database sifts through around the clock in order to give Delphi investigators a solid lead in the hunt for their suspect.

“To say we’ve identified a single individual would not be accurate, but we have identified several people of interest,” said Carter, who admitted investigators need to seal off several blind alleys before narrowing their focus in the search for the man in the images and audio Libby captured on her cell phone minutes before she was led to her death."

One thing to remember is that LE have said they do not know if BG acted alone. So someone may not match BG's photo but that does rule them out from being involved in the crime.

They are throwing anything out there to help cover their bases they want to give the impression that they know something leading them to BG...but they seem to really in all truth to be on a witch hunt..

News coming out of Delphi sure has become awful quite since friday. LE, MSM, Local media.......crickets :thinking:

I think you can see the outline of a large weapon on this jacket.

They are throwing anything out there to help cover their bases they want to give the impression that they know something leading them to BG...but they seem to really in all truth to be on a witch hunt..

i think they do have a clue. It's a devil hunt, not a witch hunt.

This is what BG has in his right jacket pocket. keeping his hand in his jean pocket so he can secure and hide the weapon with his elbow. Pretty intimidating. IMO

i appreciate the IMO you included... and welcome! that is absolutely intimidating, i agree. but wouldn't a sawed off shotgun be remarkably loud and... forgive me for this... messy? JMO

From the above link:

"Police continue investigation of several ‘people of interest’ a month into Delphi murder investigation
POSTED 4:58 AM, MARCH 13, 2017, BY RUSS MCQUAID
UPDATED AT 10:04AM, MARCH 13, 2017

Indiana State Police Superintendent Doug Carter told FOX59 News that he thinks the clue to solve the murders of Abigail Williams and Liberty German is not yet among the more than 13,000 tips that an FBI database sifts through around the clock in order to give Delphi investigators a solid lead in the hunt for their suspect.

“To say we’ve identified a single individual would not be accurate, but we have identified several people of interest,” said Carter, who admitted investigators need to seal off several blind alleys before narrowing their focus in the search for the man in the images and audio Libby captured on her cell phone minutes before she was led to her death."

Lots of words, nothing in them.

It looks like from what people are saying that bridge guy was really into it..some say they think they see GPS outline in pic...some say he had geocaching gear on such as fanny pack and maybe shirt. I was thinking they need to look at someone like this maybe he is someone that takes care of a site in area where people collect items...

He could be a host or have a location...

This is at the point they shut down the subject before. Where you start sleuthing geocachers and geocache owners.

Does anyone know if LE have searched any other areas after searching the property that is close to RL's home?

ETA: Just to clarify, I mean the search they did a couple days ago, just before RL's arrest.

Rewards are usually paid after conviction...which could take some years. Cash would not be available soon after a tip.

HOLD UP (talking to myself)

Libby gave investigators their best clue, a photograph of a white male, between the ages of 25-45, in a blue winter jacket, dressed in jeans and a brown hat.

“It's not often that we have a picture of the suspect, or the sound of his voice,” said Carter. “That’s a first in my career.”

Is this coming from LE? Do we now have an age range and are they now saying he IS wearing a brown hat?

I have a call already into the Reporter Russ McQuaid asking him those very questions. I'll share his response when he calls me back.

UPDATE to above and my post saying...

I have a call already into the Reporter Russ McQuaid asking him those very questions. I'll share his response when he calls me back.

The reporter, Russ McQuaid at Fox59 (which station has already been reprimanded by LE, so much that they did a interview to another station to say that Fox59 producer called to apologize) has removed the reference from the online article as to age and brown hat. I have never seen it posted as against TOS to tell others that a reporter has been called, but I think it is ok. AND.... that said, I'm going to start doing this more! :moo:

Fox59... Three strikes and you are out for me as to being a credible news source. Anything posted by you :moo: will forever now be taken with a grain of salt.

It really makes me :pullhair: when reporters are misleading us at WS, and even more so for the general public who don't keep up with it.

http://fox59.com/2017/03/13/police-continue-investigation-of-several-people-of-interest-a-month-into-delphi-murder-investigation/

ETA: Showing link it has now been removed

ETA#2: For those of us following and quoting... I really think Fox59 is behind the times in that their news articles doesn't show at the top if and when the articles are updated. BADDDDD journalism :moo:

ETA #3: Typo :blush: I have always wondered, do mods see each iteration

This is what BG has in his right jacket pocket. keeping his hand in his jean pocket so he can secure and hide the weapon with his elbow. Pretty intimidating. IMO

I don't know anything about firearms but hat sure looks large, and like nothing that could fit in a pocket. In my opinion, if he used a gun at all it was small and used for intimidation purposes only.

Well my son came home from San Diego he was on a Navy Ship for two months can't tell you what he was doing for the government but I am going to ask a few thing about these little girls... He's taking me to eat on way home from airport so... I will catch up later and show him some of these posts..

Hope an arrest is made before i get back...

It's disingenuous to accuse local media of misleading us or the general public on purpose. They are humans too. Sure, they want a story, but mistakes happen.

All of us have made them.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

As a non US citizen I really would like names of places to be one of a kind, if it exist in one place the name should be taken and not up for use. Joke aside to me peru is machu pichu and Miami is Florida.

I am partly of Miami heritage, but mostly mixed European heritage. Miami Florida is "old news".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miami_people

The US is a huge place, with people from many cultures. This is our strength. There are quite a few names used repeatedly all over our great nation.

I hope this helps you to understand our culture a little more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlanta_2_Philly