IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 - #27

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mindful of the security gap the killings have exposed along the trail system, a Trail Safety Task Force met to discuss what could be done to make the hiking paths that wind through the city and county safer.

“It has been an issue that has been long overdue, nothing like this has ever happened here, and it’s unfortunate that we had to deal with this,” said Leahy who explained it’s time to, “take back our trail. They’re going to be under our control again and we want people to go out and enjoy them.”
]
Snipped by me for brevity.

One of the most striking things to me about this case is the whole "trail system" set up. This trail encouraged people to travel narrow slivers of public (or easement) land and end up at a non-posted bridge which accessed more private land. The trail also facilitated trespass along a deadly attractive nuisance which is still liable to CSX, as far as I can tell.

I so appreciate the property maps done by sleuthers. Many of the maps are not in the Media, Maps, and Timeline thread. But recalling them, I'm just stunned how there is a trail system encouraging travel between private lands, to and across an old bridge, without clearly posting land ownership and trespass.

It might be helpful for clever mapping sleuthers to do a timeline of how this Monon High Bridge trail came to be. Were there any condemnations? Were landowners upset about increased traffic to their properties?

Hello,

I have been lurking for about a week now and have now registered. I found this site watching Brainscratch as this is how I found out about this horrendous crime. I live in Canada. I too, feel that LE (took me a while to figure out what that meant!) has nothing. The fact that they have scaled back in personnel is telling.

I read, many threads ago that perhaps is was a hitman. Although, far-fetched, I too had that thought run across my mind. I feel that they were targeted. That BG came there equipped to do some business.
Same here. I love Brain Scratch and that's also how I came about this website although I usually lurk and read the opinions and facts others post on here. Thus far, I have followed this case and the Toni Anderson case.

Sent from my Alcatel_6055U using Tapatalk

Does anyone think this is this guy's first murder? If so, why?
Does anyone think he's killed before? If so, why?

I think he's done it before. I'm not sold on him being the perp in the Evansdale, Iowa, murders, but he is slippery and has had a lot of practice of being so.

It's been a few hours since I last theorized so here I go again: maybe the "twist" to this is there was no sexual assault and they can't fathom why someone would kill two teenage girls if it wasn't sexually motivated. Maybe there was no robbery either. Maybe it was just a double murder for no other reason than to murder two people. Another theory: IF it was sexually motivated; maybe they are checking suspects phones because maybe in the audio recording Libby made he was giving them instructions on different poses. Maybe LE think that he would only be doing that if he was taking pictures or video.

My opinion only.

I would sure hope that if this case was going:coldcase: that LE would be more pleading with the public to help them, but things have been rather quiet for the last 4 or 5 days. I am hoping instead that LE has this guy or these people in there crosshairs and things are :burn:up. Whatever the case maybe weather LE is scratching their heads or focusing in on the perp, new info out of Delphi has become non existent.....I really hope and pray they are closing in, otherwise I think this could drag on for a long period of time...................

As far as my understanding, even if people trespass, if they get injured, they could sue the property owner. I read a post in a different forum a lady stole vegetable / fruits from a neighbor and she fell on the ground, she sued the property owner and got some medical fees paid off by the property owner. For this bridge, I would say if somebody falls off or gets injured because of lack of maintenance of that bridge, the bridge owner will take some kind of responsibility even it is a trespassing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is all true. My Sister works for an attorney and the crazy stories I have heard about lawsuits like this are unbelievable....but true!

I don't know how many of you have taken a look at the Holly Bobo case, but in the end, it has turned into a convoluted mess. There are so many people involved.

I have also leaned toward this being a random bizerko on the Delphi trails who took advantage of an opportunity on the bridge. But to rule that theory in, others need to be ruled out.

Some thoughts tonight, and thanks to everyone for their well thought out posts. Keep hoping to wake up to an announcement of a press conference there has been an arrest. Keep thinking and keeping this case alive. So many people visit here.

I've often wondered: if Libby had showed him the picture she took of him on the bridge as he was marching them down the hill and told him something like "You'd better rethink whatever you got planned buddy, cause I've already sent your picture to everyone I know." I wonder then if he would've played it off like she's crazy for getting all worked up and then been on his way. That would be one of my plans, and also the .380 in my pocket. Just sayin'.

Does anyone think this is this guy's first murder? If so, why?
Does anyone think he's killed before? If so, why?

I think he's done it before. I'm not sold on him being the perp in the Evansdale, Iowa, murders, but he is slippery and has had a lot of practice of being so.

Good question, but we don't know all the evidence... JMO

Same here. I love Brain Scratch and that's also how I came about this website although I usually lurk and read the opinions and facts others post on here. Thus far, I have followed this case and the Toni Anderson case.

Sent from my Alcatel_6055U using Tapatalk

Welcome to Websleuths!

:welcome:

I get a lead ball in my tummy Everytime I agree to app terms knowing full well I'm signing my privacy away forever....Yet too addicted to getting it all to stop myself...[emoji15]

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

OT

Me too. When I finally broke down and got a smart phone I actually read the fine print of the setup process as I went through setting the phone up.

I first was rejecting and saying no to anything that would allow my phone to be located by other 3rd parties. I quickly realized that if I didnt let the Apps have my location then none of the cool features would work for me.

Finally after about the 3rd setting I broke down and gave in. I started to agree to everything without even reading the fine print. LOL

"The Man" and "Big Brother" are everywhere. :)

Thats how they snag us. They tie in cool features that make us agree to give up our personal information to be shared and sold to marketers. And they know we will accept it because we want the cool features.

A simple example of how they can nab us with this technology.
Our GPS signal alerts a marketer that we are entering a Walmart store. And Bingo! we all of a sudden get a coupon in a text message from a company's product that happens to be sold at Walmart. :)

So they have scaled down personnel, but my question is I wonder if there are any FBI people still on it? Further, with the video, photos, words they have as evidence from Libby's phone, do you think that there will be an FBI 'profile' coming out? Any thoughts?

PS - this site is addicting. It is good in a way to see other profile cases from other parts of the US and other parts of the world for that matter.

I saw someone that resembled BG here in Texas. Apparently was down here due to his work. I wish I wouldve taken his picture, he was visiting the er. He had wounds that looked older on his hands, but I dont know if that was just from his work or not. Ugh.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

That's quite interesting. It's a great observation. The girls may have given a hard fight. What better than to just move a reasonably long way away and perhaps cross the border. I forgot about the fact that they may have fought--perhaps suspects should have their hands looked at--I think LE probably have done this, but you never know.

<modsnip>I'm seeing this type of skull. Eerie but it's what I see :( skull.jpg

Not even close to silent. Hollywood fantasy.

[video=youtube;OfNFbpkOgqA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfNFbpkOgqA[/video]

[video=youtube;goHE2Upbydo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=goHE2Upbydo[/video]

Good videos. One reason why a .22 is sometimes used instead. With a .22 you can get a sound of about 60-70 decibels or a little less than the sound of balloon popping. But in a rural area like that a small caliber weapon like a .22 or even a .32 wouldn't be noticed. Even so, I believe BG would not have used the gun if he had one. Not because of the noise, but because he preferred strangulation or a knife.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr_Psycho