IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 - #27

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What is BTK?
BTK killer was Dennis Rader. If you don't want awful nightmares, forget about him. I'm not even kidding. Wish I never, ever, ever googled this dude.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Saving my spot for tomorrow morning. How come the logo excitement was deleted? We talk about every other logo in here.

MOO

Does anyone have a link to any MSM report that's fairly recent (last few days) where LE definitely states emphatically that there is no confirmation of DNA? I know it's been posted here, but I don't remember how long ago. I just remember being relieved when I finally viewed it because it left no doubt that LE was not confirming DNA evidence. Up until that point it was a crap shoot.

Thanks in advance for anyone's help.

As we know, every case if different. Sometimes the perp is caught immediately, sometimes it takes weeks, months, years, and sometimes they are never caught. Many times it comes down to one good tip and thorough and diligent police work. I know there is a lot of effort and I hope that happens in Abby's and Libby's case, but it just may take some time.

Take the case of Karina Vetrano, 30, who went jogging near her home in Howard Beach, NY last August at about 5pm and was found beaten and strangled to death in a park. Detectives believe she fought her attacker hard. They recovered DNA evidence of the alleged killer from beneath her fingernails, her neck and her phone, but the DNA didn’t match anything in the database.

The reward money raised was over $200,000 and the police had checked 1,700 investigative reports and followed 250 leads. They had also released a profile developed with help from the FBI that included among other things: ‘In the hours following the assault on Karina, anyone encountering him may have observed him to be disheveled in appearance with possible scratches or cuts to his hands, arms, neck, or face. It could have appeared that he was in some type of fight or accident. He may have given any of a variety of excuses for his appearance.’

Six months later police arrested Chanel Lewis, 20, for Karina’s murder. He was caught because a lieutenant remembered a previous complaint filed about Lewis lurking around parked cars in the area 3 months before Karina was murdered. This led cops to question Lewis, who voluntarily gave his DNA, which was a match.

Lewis had a few summonses dating back to 2013, but had never done anything like this before. Lewis allegedly told police the attack was impulsive, sparked by problems at home. He said as he got near Karina, he yanked off his ear buds, attacked her and dragged her to the spot where she died, according to the source. Lewis reportedly told cops, "I was angry. I had some issues at home. I just lost it. When I saw her, I just hit her and kept hitting her. I hit her and choked her." It’s also alleged Lewis expressed a hatred for women to police.

The day after Karina was killed, Lewis went to the emergency room, saying he had been attached by a group of muggers. The hospital papers showed Lewis suffered a hand injury.

http://gothamist.com/2016/12/15/karina_vetrano_killer_profile.php
http://www.amny.com/news/karina-vet...e-queens-jogger-s-death-stands-now-1.12190915
http://abc7ny.com/news/what-we-know-about-karina-vetranos-suspected-killer/1740602/

He is actually saying four words, "Get down the hill." (he pronounces "git"). He has a gun pointed at them and it's an order, a command. cold and callous, no shakiness or nervousness in his voice at all.

I agree with all the other comments in that LE should release more video. I feel that the words may be difficult but if there is a video of him walking, then that could be released.

Does anyone know if LE looks at websleuths?
What is the difference between get and git, I mean in the way it sounds?

I bet y'all saw some bumping around in here, and things disappearing before your very eyes :D

If you have what you believe is a significant tip, please do not discuss it on the board.

Call it in !!

:wave:

:bump:

It's been a constant struggle for police to keep rumors from spreading as the community tries to help solve the case. Police say they have not made any arrests.

Each day brings new struggles to their search, but police have remained confident that they would find the person responsible.

As of Monday state police say over 13,000 tips have been reported and the reward for an arrest has exceeded $200,000.

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/...-continues-one-month-after-girls-went-missing

That's funny. I have posted this link to the Tampa Bay murders. Have read it. Even posted a brief analysis that discussed the parallels between the cases. In fact, in that case, LE went against the norm and released evidence that they normally wouldn't have because the case had gone cold and none of the tips had panned out. So that is my basis for implying it might be a good idea for LE to provide the public with something else. JMO.

I think LE is waiting. They think they are not on the stage that they have to release more info. But I am with you, if no progress, LE finally will release something. Found and caught a guy but potentially can not convict him vs. never even know who this guy is, I'd choose the first option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Earlier my heart went out to the person who said they are looking at everyone. (sorry websleuth friend... I didn't read your name) you said you are Looking at people at red lights, gas stations, everywhere, I am the same. I WISH MANY OF THE OTHERS HERE COULD BE THE SAME AS US... <modsnip>... NIAVE people want to believe he is a scary monster... NOPE.. He is AN AVERAGE JOE WITH A SPLIT PERSONALITY THAT WOULD FOOL MOST... He is a scary monster but he DOES NOT LOOK LIKE ONE.
Split personality? We really don't know that. JMO.

The more I study the suspect photo the more I believe his coat is stuffed with white rope. It appears as though his coat is stuffed with something and appears that loops of rope are peeping out. I cannot imagine any other explanation. It may have been coiled inside the jacket and started to unravel as he walked briskly.

Here's something. Unless it's been mentioned and I missed it:
If RL wasn't allowed to drive, then who carted him around? The perpetrators HAD to know nobody was there walking around their property. HAD to know that nobody else was in that area that could walk up or see him through the trees. IMO and my minds made up that there was more than one. HAD to be....how does one person scout the whole area? Especially since others WERE on the trails that day.

Another male could possibly turn against the other, but maybe a female who is very threatened to go along with it would be afraid to come forward? Just MOO of course.

Something I've been forced to acknowledge is a website called 'Live'. The FBI recently raided the home of my pre-teen cousin. They confiscated all of the family computers and cell phones. She had posted live video to this website which attracted the attention of pedophiles. This took place just days ago. People post live video which reveals their location.

JMO and sorry if this is too off topic but I wish it wasn't so aimed at only woman. You wouldn't believe the amount of woman AND men both I've met who have been in abusive relationships that people won't listen to. :(

O/T Sorry if I offended you. I just meant to quote a commonly used slogan that, I think, comes from the long history of women's voices being quieted/ignored/dismissed/discredited. I completely agree that domestic violence can affect all genders, ages, and relationship constellations. Male victims may face a different kind of stigma as well, but could just as likely be disbelieved. I did not intend to imply any gender bias; was entirely intending to mean "believe the victim."

Again, my apologies.

:justice:

The more I study the suspect photo the more I believe his coat is stuffed with white rope. It appears as though his coat is stuffed with something and appears that loops of rope are peeping out. I cannot imagine any other explanation. It may have been coiled inside the jacket and started to unravel as he walked briskly.

Nevermind. That's not rope. So frustrating trying to identify because it's such a huge clue to someone.

[video=twitter;841499059454107648]https://twitter.com/ISPPeru/status/841499059454107648[/video]

Sgt. Tony Slocum&#8207;@ISPPeru 1h
1 hour ago

Haven't had a lot of time 2 watch tv, just saw a commercial seeking info 4 the murders of LIbby/Abby on @WNDU thx 4 help Call 844.459.5786

I don't have time at the moment to read through this whole thread so forgive me if I'm saying something someone already said, but:

LE says their investigation has turned up things in some people's pasts causing them to be arrested for unrelated issues. I get that, it totally makes sense. But TL was on their radar *immediately*. So why did it take nearly a month to discover his probation violations and arrest him?

Unless it's a new violation, in which case it happened recently and LE's explanation of uncovering things doesn't apply here so they're lying...[emoji848]

Something I've been forced to acknowledge is a website called 'Live'. The FBI recently raided the home of my pre-teen cousin. They confiscated all of the family computers and cell phones. She had posted live video to this website which attracted the attention of pedophiles. This took place just days ago. People post live video which reveals their location.

Why did this lead to your cousin's computers and cell phones being seized? I don't understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cavalluccicheryl