IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #29

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's a case of a reporter asking the question, what are the members of the investigative team doing? Reports come in, are sorted and reviewed. Some are followed up on with additional questions. This is how it works. Hopefully they'll find at least one report that keeps needing to be followed up. Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
When LE says people LIED about their alibis, that wakes me the heck up for sure.

Can someone please post portions of the article at http://www.jconline.com/story/news/...rating-alibis-given-delphi-killings/99221194/ My PC won't break up paragraphs.

"Some of the alibis given to police investigating Liberty German and Abigail Williams' killings turned out to be less than truthful.

“We’re going deeper with alibis that are provided,” Carroll County Sheriff Tobe Leazenby said. “Part of the reason … we have learned of people who have lied to us on the alibi.”

That doesn't make them suspects, per se, Indiana State Police Sgt. Kim Riley said, but it does mean that police want to find out the truth — whatever that might be."

"During the course of the investigation, police have made unrelated arrests, Leazenby pointed out. If, for example, police find someone they are interviewing is wanted on a warrant, officers can't ignore that. So the person goes to jail on unrelated charges. A probation hold can keep a person locked up for 15 days without charges, Leazenby said.

When police make an arrest in this case, Indiana State Police or Carroll County Sheriff's Office will immediately publicize it, Riley said. So if the rumors don't come from one of those two sources, it's not grounded in facts, Riley said.

http://www.jconline.com/story/news/...rating-alibis-given-delphi-killings/99221194/

Am I the only one that is excited about the latest article?

I'm excited as well. Especially after the news story earlier that hinted that investigators are falling off.

Between them digging deeper into alibis to them giving a glimpse into how they are processing tips, it's a relief hearing something from them besides the same thing reworded.

I hope this means they are getting closer.

Agreed, and it's chilling.

Do we know whether Abby and/or Libby posted their pics on SM and if they used privacy filters?

I'm stunned at how much people post and how trusting they are to do so. Could this guy have had access to pics like this fishing one of Abby? And is it just coincidence that the bridge frames the background of this particular shot? Or were there lots of such pictures online?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

He would have abducted them well before they reached that fishing spot, hence the 'down the hill'.

When LE says people LIED about their alibis, that wakes me the heck up for sure.

Me too.

[snipped]

Riley gave a glimpse into the organization of this investigation.

For example, a team of investigators pore over the leads from the phone tip line — 844-459-5786 — and the email tip address — abbyandlibbytip@cacoshrf.com. This team discards tips that already have been cleared and assigns investigators to follow up on new leads, Riley said.

Those investigators file reports after interviewing people, Riley said. Those reports, in turn, are read by other investigators, who often suggest there might be holes, omissions, lies or unasked questions. This sends the investigators back into the field for followup and more reports.

http://www.jconline.com/story/news/...rating-alibis-given-delphi-killings/99221194/

Someone on the last thread posted a map with directions from AW's house to the south end of the bridge. It was 0.8 miles on N265W. I always assumed they came in from the northeast but if this is the house, then perhaps they were dropped off at the southern end of the bridge off of N265W, which appears to be a back road. Is this not possible?
Wow. That map set off a few alarms in my head. It looks like Abby lived extremely close to the whole bridge/crime scene place. I had always assumed that both girls lived way over to the west of 25, otherwise why would someone go to the trouble of dropping them off and then picking them up while so close to Abby's house? I figured that the bridge must be a real drive from their houses. Libby's grandparents don't live that far from the bridge, either. So now the entire group of people. from perp to victims to families, are all crowded - more or less - into one small area of land. Does this ruffle anyone else?

That would have been pretty impossible from twenty yards away. And taking into account his perceived age (40s) as well as the fact that the bridge is a tough one to walk on, the video probably would have lasted an extra ten seconds before the suspect reached the girls.

It's noted that Liberty was probably standing on the side platform (standing still), but the perspective changes a little bit between the 2 stills, as the perp appears to be turning toward them. She could have been putting the phone into her pocket at that point, which may be why LE were vague about if BG and the voice were the same person -- because she had concealed her phone before he spoke.

There's also speculation that he was approaching Abby at the point of the pictures and she was cropped out. They don't want to release a photo of him grabbing her, if it was filmed.

Google meth labs in the woods Indiana.

I live in Indiana and am in a line of work that makes me acutely aware of our drug epidemic & methods of manufacturing. I think there are plenty of other larger wooded areas, many more remote locations, not too far from there. Again just my 2 cents and conversation. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Am I the only one that is excited about the latest article?

I think it's very 'citing. It demonstrates that they are tightening the noose and the case is nowhere close to cooling off.

"Some of the alibis given to police ..... turned out to be less than truthful.

A probation hold can keep a person locked up for 15 days without charges, Leazenby said.

If a person were to interpret this a certain way it would point to the LO. But ISP has already stated otherwise.

But what if they have others on a 15 day hold?

When police make an arrest in this case, Indiana State Police or Carroll County Sheriff's Office will immediately publicize it, Riley said. So if the rumors don't come from one of those two sources, it's not grounded in facts, Riley said.

It's noted that Liberty was probably standing on the side platform (standing still), but the perspective changes a little bit between the 2 stills, as the perp appears to be turning toward them. She could have been putting the phone into her pocket at that point, which may be why LE were vague about if BG and the voice were the same person -- because she had concealed her phone before he spoke.

There's also speculation that he was approaching Abby at the point of the pictures and she was cropped out. They don't want to release a photo of him grabbing her, if it was filmed.

Totally understandable if she put her phone in the pocket, and the next thing we hear is the suspect say something despicable and/or a scream.

What I don't understand is if the video continues to record, and shows the suspect continuing to walk closer, why can't they show the next few seconds of him walking? Just a video of the guy walking would be pretty useful, in my opinion.

The. Picture of Abby holding the fish was not taken at Deer Creek, IMO. The Wabash river is close by and by the size of the water in the pic that is not Deer Creek IMO. Tracks cross the Wabash as well and that must be in a different location than Deer Creek. I worked near Delphi for 10 years and the water behind Abby is the Wabash River IMO.

Chinook3
Did you notice how deep she was fishing!?? I am not sure Deer Creek is that deep......you may be right...check high voltage electrical towers also..overhead in the picture....I haven't had time to go online to sleuth....you may be right the Wabash. JMO

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Yeah, I have spent the last hour looking at every video and google maps and I cannot find those wires!!

Also the place where that pic would have to be in conjunction with the bridge is too narrow (the creek I mean). Of course I could be totally off base.

I would look at rr bridges and high tension lines that intersect the wabash river; to start. Maybe public access areas to the wabash?

Haven't come across this theory, or I may have missed it, but what about the possibility that the approaching BG freaked the girls out so much that they hurried off the bridge and tried to hide. (Maybe under it?) Accomplice asking where they went, and BG answers, "Down the hill". JMO obviously as a novice on WS, but does that sound plausible at all?

Criminals lie.
I'm not surprised.they found some stories that did t add up.

He's right under their nose...or perhaps nearby. It's that simple. JMHO.

Occam's razor theory: Occam's razor (or Ockham's razor) is a principle from philosophy. Suppose there exist two explanations for an occurrence. In this case, the simpler one is usually better. Another way of saying it is that the more assumptions you have to make, the more unlikely an explanation is. Occam's razor applies especially in the philosophy of science, but also more generally.
https://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Occam's_razor

Just a theory of course. Sometimes the closest to home or the area, or those that regularly visit the area...worth a revist by LE or a fresh set of eyes.

Yesterday a RSO (who did time and the girl was under 13).ran from police because he had not registered as such in his new residence and they showed up. Ok...So, why am I posting this? The photo of this guy looks like that of a very thin young guy... I read on.. He is listed as 6'3" 200 lbs... And 40 something years old .... If you care to read about this and see his photo to see how difficult this can possibly be in this case.... Google "Clairton sex offender found in North Huntingdon"

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member