IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 - #30

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting info, IMO the BG is not a new killer, he have experience to left nothing, no clues or traces.
I believe he definitely planned what happened that day. No random outbursts of anger that resulted in accidents he had to cover up. He was out to kill somebody.
He did leave clues however. ..like a vid and audio of him. I'm thinking the phone was thrown or lost along the way or he would have taken it elsewhere

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

I believe he definitely planned what happened that day. No random outbursts of anger that resulted in accidents he had to cover up. He was out to kill somebody.
He did leave clues however. ..like a vid and audio of him. I'm thinking the phone was thrown or lost along the way or he would have taken it elsewhere

Maybe the cell phone was hide on purpose to expose him or is a scheme from BG that be worse.

Indiana detectives searching for the so-called “Snapchat Killer” (gutsy Liberty German snapped photos of the suspected killer on her phone and put them on Snapchat in the minutes before she was murdered)

http://m.en.canoe.com/CNEWS/Crime/2017/03/11/22709888.html

Hard to know what to believe with what is in the news online.
I read many times she put the pics up (of Abby and bridge)on Instagram not Snapchat ???

Indiana detectives searching for the so-called “Snapchat Killer” (gutsy Liberty German snapped photos of the suspected killer on her phone and put them on Snapchat in the minutes before she was murdered)

http://m.en.canoe.com/CNEWS/Crime/2017/03/11/22709888.html

Hard to know what to believe with what is in the news online.
I read many times she put the pics up (of Abby and bridge)on Instagram not Snapchat ???

They were Snapchat.

Sorry if this has been mentioned, With mom s health I dont have the time to check in as much,but usually snapchat pics are sent to users that are friends family etc. So who were they sent to?
They were Snapchat.

I believe he kills when the another victim watches him kill and enjoy that.

I tend to agree. It reminds me of the Obo Chandler case. He murdered Joanne Rogers and her 2 daughters. That element of building fear -- 2 victims watch as the 1st is killed, then 1 watches as the 2nd is killed seemed to be part of his signature. He enjoyed building fear and watching the fear build.

Someone on WS posted a link (sorry, can't recall who posted it) to an article (Thomas French / St Petersburg Times - October 1997) which mentioned the aspect of fear building: [url]http://reprints.longform.org/angels-demons[/URL]

We all know he is dangerous, and i disagree with the part when you say that he is raving o mad insane, IMO he is insane but cold and calculating, how we know that the picture, the voice are a scheme from him?

Cold and calculating means he knows exactly what he's doing. The legal definition of 'insanity' has been modified over the years, but if he knows exactly what he's doing -- if he understands the nature and quality of the act -- then he's not insane.(MOO)

Check this out: From interview off Truecrime.com as site owner is interviewing author Christopher Martin who wrote "Urges: A Chronically of Serial Killer Larry Hall." Author grew up in Wabash, IN.

You mention in the book the possibility Hall may have had help with his crimes. How real a possibility do you think this is? Will we ever learn the truth?

I think it is possible, even likely. In my telephone conversation with Larry on March 4, I asked Larry if he had heard from Gary. He said he had received a multiple-page hate letter from Gary. He said Gary had been talking to police and that Gary had told police that he (Gary) knows where several bodies are buried. I asked Larry if Gary DOES know where several bodies are buried. Larry said, “Only if he put them there.” Larry then said HE WAS TIRED OF PROTECTING HIS BROTHER.

It is also possible there was a third person involved in one or more of the murders. This person is said to be terminally ill. We will have to wait and see if this person confesses any involvement with Larry Hall.

I believe we already know some of the truth and that more facts will be revealed as time passes. The twins recently lost their mother. Larry has revealed information to me in the last two years and I believe he wants to tell his entire story, especially since his mother is gone. He told me he fears a death sentence. I believe that if Larry could be granted immunity, he would confess most of his deeds.

Reminder that all pictures require links. No link, no post.

:tyou:

Small, inexperienced (in major crimes) police force

Crimes both occurred in daylight hours (afternoon)

Two more:

Trails are located at both Monon High Bridge in Delphi and Meyers Lake in Evansdale (Evansdale Nature Trail/Cedar Valley Nature Trail)

Geocaches hidden at Monon High Bridge, Meyers Lake and Seven Bridges

Looking at the drifter theory and it leads me to think, maybe this is a fugitive or a suspect in another crime. Maybe the photo liberty took spooked him and he went for the camera as to hide his whereabouts as he knew if LE was called the net would quickly close around him.
He may have military training in evading capture and staying concealed, he was probably also aware that LE could easy catch him as he was on foot and was already despite and possibly suffering PTSD.
I think that alone would not have caused him to kill but things may have escalated where his initial intention was to take the phone but things got out of his control. Did one of the girls inadvertent get hurt or killed and the witness was silenced? I wonder why we are not seeing the video did the struggle caused Abigail to fall from the bridge and would serve no purpose to release it as it wouldn't provide any usefulness.
I also think the killer may have intended to hide the bodies but fled the scene when he heard shouts from people looking for the girls. Really hope he is apprehended soon!

When I was in my early 20s - around 2005 - I worked as a writer/photographer for a newspaper in a small town about an hour away from Delphi.

One day I was on an assignment to grab a photo from a book sale being held at the public library. I discreetly took a few shots, and since none of the images overtly featured any one person as a subject, I didn't follow up with anyone to get a name / location for the photo caption.

As I packed my bag to leave, I was angrily confronted by an older gentleman, maybe late 50s - early 60s, who was completely incensed that I had taken his photo. He demanded I hand over my camera so he could delete the photos, and was hostile and physically threatening when I refused to give in to him. The insidious part is that he managed to do all this without attracting much, if any, attention from anyone else. I left as quickly as I could, though he followed me to the parking lot and watched me get into my car and leave. I was definitely unnerved by the encounter.

(To clarify, the First Amendment was on my side; he was at a public event in a public space - there is not a reasonable expectation of privacy in that situation.)

Back in the newsroom, I relayed my experience to my editor, who was furious about this man's behavior. As if on cue, another editor gets a call on the newsroom phone line: it's the guy from the library, and he's asking questions about me, and continuing his threats.

I. Was. Shook.

Fortunately nothing further happened, and I never experienced anything like that again for the rest of my career.

I'm not suggesting that the man from my story has anything to do with this case, however ever since I found out that Libby was the source for the photo/video of BG, I have been haunted by my experience of having someone react really negatively to having his photo taken. I'm still waffling on what I think happened that afternoon, but I could easily imagine BG doing something to
attract their attention and the situation escalating when he saw a phone pointed
at him. Or perhaps he wandered into their footage, but nonetheless reacted angrily or desperately once he realized he was spotted. When the incident at the library occurred, I asked my editor why he thought this man was so upset, and he suggested what Inspector has also theorized, that the man might be purposely keeping a low profile because he had a warrant, etc.

I still remember the cold fear which stopped me in my tracks that day ten years ago. I try not to think about these young ladies feeling the same icy dread, and instead imagine the warmth we'll collectively send up when their killer(s) is/are caught. Thanks for reading, I know this got long, but I needed to get that off my chest.

MOO/JMO

A bit of infuriating food for thought.....if there was a sexual motivation to the crime which resulted in DNA being left behind don't assume that no match means that this was his first crime. Unfortunately the lowball estimate for untested rape kits in Indianapolis (yes just one city) was 5,006 back in 2014. let me reiterate that number was for Indianapolis only so just imagine the number for Indiana as a whole.
http://www.endthebacklog.org/indiana

Morning WSr's.

I honestly dont think they will release the COD. Mainly because thats information that very few people know about, including BG.
That might be imformation that they want to keep close to the chest so that when they catch this perp , that its information that can be verified from him.

Just out of curiosity, i'm wondering if the parents have been told the COD or can the feds and LE withhold that information during an active investigation?

Morning WSr's.

I honestly dont think they will release the COD. Mainly because thats information that very few people know about, including BG.
That might be imformation that they want to keep close to the chest so that when they catch this perp , that its information that can be verified from him.

Just out of curiosity, i'm wondering if the parents have been told the COD or can the feds and LE withhold that information during an active investigation?

I had the same thought. I bet they would release more details if they thought it might lead to an arrest. But I suspect that there were few things involved that could be traced back to a store purchase or another source.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FWIW..As far as age goes, based on just looking at his face, or what I can make out of it..I think BG could be as young as mid 20's, but no older than in his 40's. I don't go by his clothes or build because I've seen guys around here probably as young as 18-19 who dress and are built similar.

Also, like some others feel, I think he may have been a local at one time. If not a local, I believe he's from somewhere nearby and/or there's people, locals, he knows and has hung out around the area enough to where he knows the place, but still wouldn't be recognized as a familiar face to as many as someone local would. I go into the neighboring towns around here all the time..I have friends in some of them I go to see and I go there to shop sometimes, get something to eat, get gas, etc. I've been in them enough that I know them as well as I do my own town, but I'm sure I'm still a strange face to a lot of the people. Unlike here, in my town, where I'm sure everyone pretty much knows everybody, or are at least familiar w/everyone's faces. It's the same way with the younger people, probably even more so, they have friends in the other towns they go hang out with sometimes, or come here. This is probably how it is with people in most smaller towns or even the bigger ones.

ETA - I forgot about the druggies/dealers (and possibly other kinds of criminal activities) & their networks, I don't doubt most of them know the who/where to go to in many of the towns and are familiar with the different areas too.

I am of the belief that one reason the fbi was brought in was for the electronic devices. I would think that all computers/laptops/ipads/iphones were all looked into. It seems that if there any communications between the suspect and either one of the girls that would be evident. Jmo

I am of the belief that one reason the fbi was brought in was for the electronic devices. I would think that all computers/laptops/ipads/iphones were all looked into. It seems that if there any communications between the suspect and either one of the girls that would be evident. Jmo

They addressed it in one of the press conferences, I think the one with the grandfather most recently. LE said they brought in FBI because ISP needed their communications equipment. So you're sort of correct.

ETA - that's also why homeland security was brought in - "The Department of Homeland Security brought in a special communications dish to help with the overwhelming number of tip-line calls coming into the department."

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/...in-to-help-isp-with-tips-about-delphi-murders

At this time, there doesn't appear that there was communication between them, the sheriff saying he has never seen suspect before having 30 years on the force, and am assuming that the people that live there don't know who he is.

Idk just seems like he was passing through, a drifter/vagrant. I haven't seen anything else about the duffle bag/backpack that was brought early on, unless i dreamt that. This is just mind boggling to have his image & voice and no one seems to know him or no one wants to give him up. Jmo

So what is the consensus that the POI (BG) will do this again?
I know its only guessing on our part but I have been keeping an eye on any abduction attempts in Indiana, and surrounding areas, just to see if ANYTHING jumps out at me. (Not that I think he had any intention of abducting the girls)
I know it's clutching at straws but with the coverage I can just imagine what this thinks of himself.

All MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member