IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 - #31

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a mystery!

Remember, LE said that some alibis were turning out to be less than truthful. A month ago, suscipions might not have run in the direction they are now.

If two people are found dead on your property, why wouldn't you VOLUNTARILY give your DNA to LE just to clear your name? Just seems like common sense IMO

DNA, or some of it, can be shared if related. Might want to cover up for someone else...?

He also could have lied about his alibi early on because while not involved in the murders he was doing other nefarious activity or something that violated probation and knew if he told the truth he would go to jail. Meaning if the alibi isn't true it does not automatically mean he had anything to do with what happened

IMO. Man I really thought so too. Seemed like he tried to say hill different, in a higher tone. This is crazy. Confused if that's the case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's what I thought too. In his pronunciation, he turned "hill" up in a way that seemed unnatural or forced.

And can't they get it from a discarded coffee cup or water bottle, etc.?

jmo

AFAIK that DNA would never be admissible because of handling problems, contamination, chain of custody, etc.

If I'm wrong someone have an actual reference to the legality?

If two people are found dead on your property, why wouldn't you VOLUNTARILY give your DNA to LE just to clear your name? Just seems like common sense IMO

Some folks still don't trust DNA or how it works. Maybe he is worried they might have found his near the crime scene since he lives there? Anyway...maybe he did give a sample. If he did, it did not match Imo.

I agree, something's going on. But this case has been so ALL over the place with LE at first acting so weird and tight lipped like they really had a good handle on who did this and it was only a matter of time (and parents should "know what their kids are doing). Then they went to the nationwide billboard blitz and that huge reward started building. Now they are serving a search warrant mere steps away from where the bodies were found.

Does LE really know what they're doing here?? The billboards are REALLY throwing me off.

I honestly feel like the billboards were done because LE had the ability to do it and it was offered to them. I mean, why not take advantage of every tool out there? They were grasping at that point, as they have from the very beginning. And appears to me they're still grasping. JMOO

Lots of speculation going on here. Interesting theories.

On a slightly different note, my daughter is not happy, at all. If you recall, I dragged her with me a week after the murders, to see the bridge and take photos.

After we visited the bridge, we went down the road to the cemetery. As we pulled up, there was a white vehicle coming toward us that slowed and stopped maybe a hundred yards away.

As we walked around the cemetery my daughter was totally freaked about the vehicle and insisted we leave. As we came out, I turned to photograph RL's property and the truck moved forward directly across from us. My daughter literally ran for our car. I insisted it was LE or a neighbor checking on us.

My daughter looked at RLs truck today and told me she hates me (she doesn't). She insists that's the truck that stopped.

Off topic, I guess. I wish I would have photographed it but my daughter was yelling, "Mom, stop! You're going to get us killed!"

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk
Was it you that said you saw a drone near the PO house?
I can't remember.

AFAIK that DNA would never be admissible because of handling problems, contamination, chain of custody, etc.

If I'm wrong someone have an actual reference to the legality?

I saw one serial killer on ID channel get caught from DNA on his soda can/cup, as LE watched for it when he tossed it. I think I have heard of other cases.

That's what I thought too. In his pronunciation, he turned "hill" up in a way that seemed unnatural or forced.

I'm sure the FBI must have software to do a voice analysis and see if it's a match to the voice on Libby's cell phone recording.

I am under the impression that his DNA is on file since he has a conviction for a class D Felony. Unless it's automatic for violent offenders only?
From what I've seen, this went into effect 6/2016. Iirc, his felony charge was in 2014. I do wonder if his dna was already on file or if he voluntarily gave it. Or, maybe they've matched fingerprints, which likely would have been on file from his prior arrests.

https://iga.in.gov/legislative/2016/bills/house/1015#digest-heading

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

I am under the impression that his DNA is on file since he has a conviction for a class D Felony. Unless it's automatic for violent offenders only?

You're correct Steleheart - his DNA should be on file since he was convicted of a felony. However, IMO there's a slight chance that not all the DNA has been uploaded yet. There could be a backlog, like there is with something like 100k rape kits that haven't yet been processed. I dunno.

http://www.in.gov/activecalendar/Ev...ventDetails&information_id=232899&print=print

I do not think it's the property owner in the photo captured by the girls. I do think that someone close to him is BG. When sleuthing in the beginning I did sleuth the property owner and thought a couple photos I had seen had BG in it BUT because the BG pic was so shadowed/pixilated I just kept it in the back of my mind.

I do hope that they find whatever they are looking for and give these family's the justice they deserve quickly

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Some folks still don't trust DNA or how it works. Maybe he is worried they might have found his near the crime scene since he lives there? Anyway...maybe he did give a sample. If he did, it did not match Imo.

Do you think they might have gotten a partial DNA match? As in, some alleles in RL's DNA match DNA from the crime scene? This would indicate the DNA at the crime scene came from someone who shares some DNA with RL - a partial match or familial match. This is assuming they have DNA from the crime scene, which we do not know.

Can someone point me to the link for the RL quote about having this happen at his home?

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

He also could have lied about his alibi early on because while not involved in the murders he was doing other nefarious activity or something that violated probation and knew if he told the truth he would go to jail. Meaning if the alibi isn't true it does not automatically mean he had anything to do with what happened

Very true. He could have gone to have a beer or wine for lunch in Lafayette, but left that out.

Exactly. If it happen to me I will go one step further: search my own land the very night Feb 13 just to make sure nothing wrong happened.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member