IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 - #31

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw one serial killer on ID channel get caught from DNA on his soda can/cup, as LE watched for it when he tossed it. I think I have heard of other cases.
In a case I just listened to, LE set up road blocks to give breathalyzers to all vehicles in a neighborhood of a suspect just to collect dna. That was not in the US but certainly collecting a beer can or bottle would be fairly easy. JMO.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Hahaha! Sorry we'll never get to read that post. Happens to the best of us.
But what I wanted to mention was that there was an incident where RL reported someone trespassing on his property (a barn IIRC) a few years ago. A senior citizen with a lot of acreage (he has 40, I think) isn't as likely to be working the land as he did when younger and transients or burglars can slip into the picture there. Maybe an old or abandoned vehicle is the place where the girls were taken at first... Just spinning my wheels... MOO

At least spinning wheels is some kind of motion! I am this guy :fence:.

From what I've seen, this went into effect 6/2016. Iirc, his felony charge was in 2014. I do wonder if his dna was already on file or if he voluntarily gave it. Or, maybe they've matched fingerprints, which likely would have been on file from his prior arrests.

https://iga.in.gov/legislative/2016/bills/house/1015#digest-heading

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Lol, great minds! You're referring to a bill that expands DNA collection to people arrested for a felony. The current law includes those convicted of a felony. Since RL was convicted in... 2014? I think, he should be in the db.

Hi everyone. What a day! I haven't posted but I have been reading when I can. Does anyone in the local Delphi area know if the families know RL? I am just curious since it is a small town. Keep up the good work everyone.

Welcome to Websleuths!

:welcome:

Hi,newbie here! I really don't know if it's been addressed yet are not? And don't know if it would be something LE would use given the limited audio but does anyone remember the case of " geordie jack" if not it was somebody taking credit for the Yorkshire ripper murders with a distinct north east accent, but investigators where able to narrow the accent down to 3 streets, Amazingly something similar happened to me, I work in customer service on the railway and was going about my duties when a passenger commented that I must be from ******** with that accent! I was amazed as to me there is nothing to distinguish my accent from a lot of other in the north east of England, but he heard otherwise! So my question is can US accents be distinguished from town to town?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can someone point me to the link for the RL quote about having this happen at his home?

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk
Post #176 of this thread has an Inside Edition link where he says something similar. The other one I can think of is from news report footage, I don't have that link

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Points taken from Alexis McAdam’s Interview with Tony Slocum:

Slocum:

-Numerous officers from various police departments serving a search warrant

-The warrant IS related to the double murder of these 2 young girls

-No one is arrest for the murders of Liberty German and Abigail Williams, but officers in this investigation have developed enough probable cause in order to get a Judge to sign a search warrant for Mr. Logan’s property and that’s why we are here today

McAdam’s:

And Mr. Logan is sitting in the Carroll County Jail on an unrelated charge that’s a probation violation, which I know Indian Police originally had to send out an alert on Twitter telling everyone, don’t convict anyone at this point in this double homicide, your still working on that but, talk a little bit about what the other officer had mentioned, how he was very cooperative at the beginning, and now that’s changed just a little bit, as this investigation goes on, and that’s something that happens

Slocum:

-I haven’t had any direct contact with Mr.Logan myself, but, he was co-operative in our investigation, but due to his circumstances NOW, he doesn’t want to talk to Law Enforcement, and there’s nothing wrong with that, that’s part of his rights, but we did, during the course of the investigation, develop probable cause to search his property, and that’s what officer’s are doing now

McAdam’s:

The search warrant is for his property and any outbuildings. The officers told McAdam’s that they could be looking for DNA, they could be looking for boot prints, foot prints, anything that could be a key in this investigation.

https://www.facebook.com/Fox59News/videos/10155233713184575/

It's likely that some people didn't see this in the last thread from Tricia'

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...Delphi-13-Feb-2017-30&p=13236319#post13236319

ATTENTION EVERYONE:

With the latest search warrant being served at the home of property owner Ron Logan we have decided to open up Ron Logan to sleuthing with these rules:

*Use his initials only (R.L.) or call him the land owner.

*This does not mean you can sleuth his family or neighbors.

*In the event you do discover something about someone else who happens to be connected to R.L. and you think
it is related to the case you must check with us before you post it.

* R.L HAS NOT BEEN NAMED A PERSON OF INTEREST. Please do not accuse him of the crime.

If you have any questions alert on any post and send us your question. Or you can send a private message to one of the mods.

To reiterate, You can now sleuth the land owner R.L. but ONLY R.L. No accusing R.L. or anyone of being the killer.

Thank you,
Tricia

I just don't want to the current discussion nixed or the thread closed.

This is very perplexing :gaah:. What could LE be looking for, as it's more than a month into the case? Any DNA of evidentiary value might be degraded or smeared by now. Maybe they are looking for clothing or piece of ripped clothing, footwear, something that 1 of the girls should have had with them but it wasn't found with them? Hmmm

Meanwhile, as Logan's property is searched, Logan himself today is in the local jail on an unrelated charge, Leazenby said. Logan was arrested March 11, picked up on an arrest warrant for a probation violation, Leazenby said. A probation office spokesperson told ABC News the office cannot comment on pending cases.

Leazenby stressed, "Speculation and assumptions can quickly develop from something like this."

"Just because a search warrant is issued" on someone’s property, Leazenby said, does not mean an arrest follows.
State police said today authorities are still combing through the thousands of tips they've received in the double murder case.

http://www.whas11.com/news/local/in...here-slain-indiana-teens-were-found/423508617

RLs violation may have been saying he drove to Lafayette.

I think LE has gotten intense pressure from the public that believes that he is connected to the crimes. They may have decided to rule him out to put the speculation to rest once and for all. Leaving him out there as a potential suspect opens the door for a defense attorney to offer him up as an alternative if/when someone else is charged.

JMO

Post #176 of this thread has an Inside Edition link where he says something similar. The other one I can think of is from news report footage, I don't have that link

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
The inside Edition doesn't say home, IIRC.

Let us not forget that RL is a very heavy drinker. He may not have been in a sober state on the day/night of Feb 13th . Just saying. Things may have occurred that were not well thought out.

Link for that? (in regards to being a heavy drinker)

Hi,newbie here! I really don't know if it's been addressed yet are not? And don't know if it would be something LE would use given the limited audio but does anyone remember the case of " geordie jack" if not it was somebody taking credit for the Yorkshire ripper murders with a distinct north east accent, but investigators where able to narrow the accent down to 3 streets, Amazingly something similar happened to me, I work in customer service on the railway and was going about my duties when a passenger commented that I must be from ******** with that accent! I was amazed as to me there is nothing to distinguish my accent from a lot of other in the north east of England, but he heard otherwise! So my question is can US accents be distinguished from town to town?

Welcome to Websleuths!

:welcome:

If it isn't him then this all going to be a bit unfair on him. Do those not even named as an official suspect and hauled over the coals online have a right to sue if it turns out they are innocent?

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Exactly. If it happen to me I will go one step further: search my own land the very night Feb 13 just to make sure nothing wrong happened.

Unless you are physically unable. Don't get me wrong, I don't know if RL is capable but he is older so it might not have been a possibility for him to do so.

Me I would have been out there that night yes 100% no question. I would have given my DNA no question. But I also would have been 100% innocent.

I also have my suspicions as to what happened and why he is also being held and what is currently going on so there is reasons why none of the above have happened. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove