IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 - #31

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope I'm replying correctly with quote!!i have no idea if this man was Military intelligence, I never asked it was just a random moment I won't forget because I'm from such a small town in the north east of England and never in my life has anybody said I have this accent!i always get referred to as a geordie because to other people including fellow geordies! That's what we sound like!but would be interesting to know if they have narrowed this accent down! Welcome! fellow Brit here!
Could the sound recording be of a British man? I've lived here 2 1/2 years but I still recognize a British accent!

As a hypothetical, there were cops everywhere looking for the girls. If it was him, he had no other way to get rid of them, and better to be found at back of his property than in a building.
The cops called off the search when it got dark on feb 13. He had time to hide them on night one...highly doubtful it is him.
I'm starting to think it IS someone who visits or knew him though!

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

First of all, whoa to the new developments. I saw the guy's interview earlier and never would've thought he might be looked at closely. Hearing the tape, though, along with this guy repeating the phrase and...

Who is BG?
BG = Bridge Guy, the suspect in the photo on the bridge.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

This is all speculation by me:
I think new evidence was found that caused LE to reexamine RL's alibi. Maybe the alibi seemed solid at first but once they had this new evidence and checked the alibi deeper it was not so solid.

I can well imagine a problem with his alibi. He can't say, I was having a few beers in a bar. No win situation.

So if LE had the contents of her phone on the 13th with god only knows what recoded on it, why would the search be called off that evening? I'm just thinking aloud....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now THAT is a very good point!

I haven't thought about that angle before.

Hmmm

I skipped 3 threads and missed nothing. Well, a new search warrant. Back to lurking until there's some news. Happy St. Patrick's Day, everyone. :lepsmilie:
it think a search warrant is a significant development in the case....

I'm personally thinking if he lied about his alibi it was because he was doing something he wasn't supposed to be (perhaps drinking) and was trying to avoid being nailed with a breach. However he got caught and now LE have to investigate further because he lied in the first place therefor making him a suspect. This is all supposition on my part.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
Agreed

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

JMO but a big clue that RL is not BG is the fact that RL knew the victims families. In a town of 3,000 people we can assume the girls had interacted with RL as they frequented the bridge and he lived nearby.

I don't think Libby would be alarmed by seeing him while they were out, prompting her to capture a recording (secretly). Seems more like something instilled fear in her, like an individual she didn't recognize in a very small town where she knew everyone else.

I think the vast majority of people here think RL is not BG.

It's just that someone else around the property is the source of the LE warrant.

Makes my stomach turn to think more than one is involved. But I guess if I think about it if BG is familiar with the area and knows RL then I can theorize a helping hand.

Are any of you extremely disturbed by the cold, calm, authoritative way in which BG says "Down the hill"? It's such a short clip but it seems to really suggest a lot about his state of mind.

Tension but no anger, authoritative but calm, very specific. You can almost hear the rage behind his voice. It's how you might talk to someone who you felt needed to be "punished." I am 99% certain this instruction was given from close behind the person recording with a gun at their back. JMO.

So totally agree

Do you have a link to him having lived in Florida? I would swear he said he has lived there (in Delphi) over 50 years.

I saw that as well. Was it a public records site I saw it on ?Hmmmmm

I just got out of bed as its 1am here and opened my laptop. Edited some audio for you all.

I took a few words he wasnt trying to cover up with another inflection.

I added treble and volume and a filter.

Let me know what you think!

Hope it's of some use to hear his voice without deep condensor bass.

https://soundcloud.com/user-403598369/delphi-voices

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

So if LE had the contents of her phone on the 13th with god only knows what recoded on it, why would the search be called off that evening? I'm just thinking aloud....

Hey nana, I think hindsight is 20/20 in this case. I know there is a lot the investigators wish they had done on February 13. We learn from other cases, and others will learn from this one- I hope! Still amazed at these two girls, what they went through, how (IMO) they stuck together, and the cell phone evidence.

Even if the events tonight are another frustrating dead end, the world is paying attention to the girls.

Are any of you extremely disturbed by the cold, calm, authoritative way in which BG says "Down the hill"? It's such a short clip but it seems to really suggest a lot about his state of mind.

Tension but no anger, authoritative but calm, very specific. You can almost hear the rage behind his voice. It's how you might talk to someone who you felt needed to be "punished." I am 99% certain this instruction was given from close behind the person recording with a gun at their back. JMO.

Yes, very disturbing. I always go back to what Sgt Slocum said about the audio.

‘Hopefully someone will recognize that voice and to me, it appears they are saying, down the hill, down the hill, like they’re directing the young ladies where to go. It sounds like it might even be a little exasperated, like he had told them to do that before, and they weren’t quite listening, and he’s telling them to do it.’

Sgt Tony Slocum, Indiana State Police, about 2:33
From Crime Watch Daily, Feb 24

https://youtu.be/0VRKYSnF0wE

I'm sure I'm in the minority on this but to be honest it sounds "normal" to me, meaning conversational, not creepy or tense. I cringe thinking about how a 3-second snippet of my speech might be interpreted by strangers. I think the context plays a huge part in how people subliminally interpret the sound clip. For instance if we were told this is a snippet of a general ordering his troops into battle "down the hill" there might be perceptions of bravery, leadership, etc. JMO.

Sent from my SM-P550 using Tapatalk

Must have found something, or had a new tip. Otherwise why would they be there, haul his truck in? Like someone said, it could totally be unrelated. IMO

The problem with that is that there were no less than 20 LE vehicles there for this warrant. That is a big search.

I'm personally thinking if he lied about his alibi it was because he was doing something he wasn't supposed to be (perhaps drinking) and was trying to avoid being nailed with a breach. However he got caught and now LE have to investigate further because he lied in the first place therefor making him a suspect. This is all supposition on my part.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

I think you hit the nail on the head, that's all I see here too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
centinel