IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 - #33

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That is a gate to his pasture on the road. If you see these are fenced paddocks. He would keep animals there. He may have had people in the past cut through by opening the gate but forget to close it and the animals may have gotten out. I would expect a sign there. We have signs on the road where our paddocks are as well but none in our fields. People "trespass" often to walk along the creek or hunt.

I am talking about the wooded area, where people would be wandering if they are on the trails. If he hasn't posted signs down there, then he must not be that bothered.
jmo
See my post #499 on this thread.

I agree but I am still on the fence. We can not convict with what he has said. We need to see the evidence and evidence convicts , not a person's actions.......

I read Ann Rule's book "Small Sacrifices" years ago, but one thing that really stuck with me was when she was talking about the conversation she and other members of the press had while they were waiting for the jury to come back. I guess it was taking longer than they thought it would, so they were discussing if the jury had seen something they had missed that proved Diane Down's innocence. Someone said something to the effect of "is she really guilty, or do we just want her to be guilty because we just don't like her?" I try to always keep that in mind.

As usual, I'm behind again. Sorry if this has already been discussed and dismissed.

I've been thinking about the backpack that was asked about early in the case. Is it possible that a backpack was found with Libby's phone, items used in the murders, and maybe clothes, shoes and/or something else belonging to the girls. It could have been taken by the perp/s and later thrown out of the vehicle. When the bag landed, it could have broken the phone or at least popped the batter out. It's possible that it was found close to the home where the first SW we heard about was executed, and they searched the nearest house for other evidence. It's possible that something in there was eventually proven (or just suspected) to have come from RL's property, but that's probably a reach since it was so long between the two warrants. MOO

I have been saying this as well.

I still believe it. If they have BG's clothes they may suspect he changed in one of RL's outbuildings or look for fibers in the truck.
With the battery though, if it's an iPhone the batter doesn't come out easily AFAIK.

One more thing.

Not to beat a dead horse - BUT - a friend brought up a point to me (it may have been discussed already? )

Could the white thing in the chest area be a white dust mask spun backwards?

WG

LE needs a presser and they need it sooner than later.

The public is running wild with this case, and any legit witnesses "may not want to get involved" at this point. Now more than ever.

LE needs to reiterate what they need from people at this point.

These 2 beautiful young girls deserve justice, and the family, friends and community of Delphi and the surrounding area need some comfort.

WG

Good luck in persuading LE to give a pesser. Another case that my heart is involved in (Missy Bevers) is still waiting for a presser or a breadcrumb thrown by LE and it is has been over 6 months!

Let me answer this for you as I and a few other worked on this extensively! We thought it was taken at the creek near the bridge. I did a mock up of where exactly I thought Abby is positioned on a map. Everything lined up perfectly except for one, important element that we could not locate and that is the wires overhead on the picture. None of us was able to find those wires in any photo or video so we had to conclude that the picture was taken elsewhere. We all got very googly-eyed trying to find the wires and in the end we all decided to drop it. Still here is my map if you want to search for yourself:

attachment.php

HTH!

As someone who lives about 20 miles from Delphi, I thought the body of water in the fishing pic was way too large for Deer Creek. We have 2 rivers in the area, the Wabash and the Tippecanoe. I think the fishing pic was taken about 5 miles or so outside of Delphi where State Road 18 bridges over the Tippecanoe River. Power lines in the enclosed map pic might confirm this. It's a beautiful area of Indiana.
attachment.php

Attachments

• Tippe & 18.jpg
    Tippe & 18.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 651
BG looks to be walking oddly, maybe balance issues.

Could it be a drinking partner?

(Speculation)

ea6fc936df4534606460438246c4e1c8.jpg

Idk if this was already covered, but can anyone tell where this photo of Abby was taken in relation to the Monon High Bridge?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4224810/Two-bodies-search-missing-13-year-old-girls.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe this is the Tippecanoe River Bridge located in Monticello, IN https://www.google.com/maps/place/40%C2%B045'03.3%22N+86%C2%B045'28.2%22W/@40.750929,-86.7583882,155m/data=!3m2!1e3!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0x0!8m2!3d40.750928!4d-86.757841

The closest Google Streetview I can get https://www.google.com/maps/place/40%C2%B045'03.3%22N+86%C2%B045'28.2%22W/@40.7465842,-86.7575009,3a,15y,355.52h,89.36t/data=!3m7!1e1!3m5!1sVLcxGU0rCLaAfY1Bc9o5dw!2e0!6s%2F%2Fgeo3.ggpht.com%2Fcbk%3Fpanoid%3DVLcxGU0rCLaAfY1Bc9o5dw%26output%3Dthumbnail%26cb_client%3Dmaps_sv.tactile.gps%26thumb%3D2%26w%3D203%26h%3D100%26yaw%3D2.9294763%26pitch%3D0%26thumbfov%3D100!7i13312!8i6656!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0x0!8m2!3d40.750928!4d-86.757841

The Streetview is looking toward the area with the utility lines in the first link I gave.

I only say this because the water is too wide to be Deer Creek or Wildcat Creek north of Owasco (Wildcat Creek used to have a rail bridge like Deer Creek's Monon High Bridge but it was demolished in 2013). The utility lines in the photo, I just can't find at any deck girder bridge that has four lines like those that seem to span wide water. The only thing that causes me to not be 100% sure its the Tippecanoe Bridge is that in the photo I cannot see a single pier.

Sorry if this has already been suggested, these threads move so very fast I cannot keep up.

As always, MOO

le needs a presser and they need it sooner than later.

The public is running wild with this case, and any legit witnesses "may not want to get involved" at this point. Now more than ever.

Le needs to reiterate what they need from people at this point.

These 2 beautiful young girls deserve justice, and the family, friends and community of delphi and the surrounding area need some comfort.

Wg

yes!

As someone who lives about 20 miles from Delphi, I thought the body of water in the fishing pic was way too large for Deer Creek. We have 2 rivers in the area, the Wabash and the Tippecanoe. I think the fishing pic was taken about 5 miles or so outside of Delphi where State Road 18 bridges over the Tippecanoe River. Power lines in the enclosed map pic might confirm this. It's a beautiful area of Indiana.
attachment.php

Nice!

Do you know what the State Road 18 bridge looks like from shore level? Does it resemble the Monon High Bridge?

That is a gate to his pasture on the road. If you see these are fenced paddocks. He would keep animals there. He may have had people in the past cut through by opening the gate but forget to close it and the animals may have gotten out. I would expect a sign there. We have signs on the road where our paddocks are as well but none in our fields. People "trespass" often to walk along the creek or hunt.

I am talking about the wooded area, where people would be wandering if they are on the trails. If he hasn't posted signs down there, then he must not be that bothered.
jmo

I see one other but I can't tell if there is fence beyond it. Maybe ask that reporter from the local Fox affiliate via Twitter because she's actually been on the property & would likely know. Alexis McAdams.

Sigh...Please aquaint yourself with the rules:

NO: Sleeping
Cooking
House cleaning
Working
Showering

Or anything else that you would do that would consist of leaving this thread for extended periods please. (I removed dog walking because, well that's just not right, lol).

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

O/t, and since I apparently am supposed to be walking my dogs, I took them out to enjoy the sunny afternoon and get away for a bit. At the nearby park, I decided we should go off the path to avoid an off-leash dog, and quite cheerfully said, c'mon guys, let's 'go down the hill'...

[emoji33]

ETA - my whole relationship with hills is messed up now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

In one of the early interviews, RL seemed mystified as to how the girls had even gotten from the bridge to where they were found. He said the terrain was very difficult, to the point it would have been impossible to carry them there. So I'm thinking he doesn't get many trespassers from the park/bridge area. And I'm thinking the girls likely wouldn't/couldn't have ended up there on their own. JMO MOO

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

In regard to RL not being truthful.. here is what I have been thinking.

People showed up at his door on Feb 13th at 6:30pm, when he got home, according to him. Not sure if, after the neighbour/search party volunteer asked him if they could search his land, the police may have also had a discussion with him.

In any case, he may have been intoxicated at the time? Or not.

Then the following day around noon, the bodies are found on his land. I'm sure that since this was the case, RL would have been one of the very first people questioned by police.

Whatever the details and specifics of his court cases and probation and sentences are at, we may not be privy to everything at this point. Perhaps he is or isn't allowed to drive at this point. Do we even know whether RL has a drivers license any more? Is it possible he could have let it go for whatever reason? Do we know for sure that he doesn't have yet another DUI in the works for which he has not yet been convicted, but he may still have stipulations in effect which do not allow him to drive?

I'm thinking that he may have told officers that he was not home, and that he had gone wherever, and he was driven there by Mr.X. (Perhaps a friend?). And police took it at face value. Then later on, when police started to backtrack when they saw how many tips they had and yet nothing was really yielding results, or even just later on in the course of the investigation... they get to the point where they are now questioning Mr.X, and Mr.X says, um no, I did not drive RL anywhere that day. Or.. the fish store had video, which was reviewed and he was not on the video.. whatever. Maybe RL was drinking in the bar, or doing some other thing that he shouldn't have been doing, but he couldn't tell police that because he knew he'd be screwing himself, for whatever reason. So then they requestion RL, and they find out he lied, and why. So they take him into custody, LE is massively PO'd at him for lying, and now LE is faced with once again clearing RL.. but perhaps it is not so easy. RL was supposed to have had an alibi, but sometimes whatever one is doing at a certain time cannot be corroborated by anyone. So now they possibly cannot clear him one way or the other.

I was thinking it was awfully strict that they had taken RL into custody at *this* particular time, just because of how bad it will look to the community. This could explain that. And now they have searched his buildings and home, and taken what is presumably his vehicle to see if they can find anything that will conclude one thing or another. If they find DNA from the girls in his vehicle, he'll be in a boatload of trouble. If they find no sign of the girls, then whatever his *new* alibi is, might carry more weight.

LE were quoted as saying the BG is about 30 years younger than RL. It has been said on here that his gait is the same, the way he holds his shoulders and arms is the same, etc., but I'm finding none of that to be true. To me, it looks like his gait isn't the same at all. BG's knees come up much higher than RL's while walking. RL looks like he is much stouter than BG to me. BG looks to me like he has chin hair, which is salt and peppered. There are a few photos of other men I've seen which look much closer to BG than RL does. And it just doesn't make sense to me that RL would kill the girls or bring their bodies to his very own land. And I can't see him giving interviews to the media like that, saying 'down the hill, walking the land, etc., if it was him. Doesn't add up. Nevermind that the man is almost 80 years old, and has lived there in the same place for over 50 years. I haven't heard of any violence or sexual type of charges in the past against him. One doesn't just suddenly, just before he turns 80, turn into a child killer, does one?

Is it possible that RL is protecting someone, and refusing to cooperate about that potential person, and so police are laying it on thick in the hopes that he'll crack?
in my opinion they would have not taken anything at face value from someone who just had to dead bodies found on his property.

LE needs a presser and they need it sooner than later.

LE needs to reiterate what they need from people at this point.

These 2 beautiful young girls deserve justice, and the family, friends and community of Delphi and the surrounding area need some comfort.

WG

It's my opinion that they already know who & are just making sure the case is as tight as it is going to get before charges & arrest.

BG looks to be walking oddly, maybe balance issues.

Could it be a drinking partner?

(Speculation)

Maybe RL has 2 different colored eyes due to his heavy drinking..... I seriously do not think RL is the guy. His life has a lot of negatives all I see is a man who let alcohol consume his life and he made poor choices not to defeat the problem. I see a guy who is probably a loner and has a hard time getting his point across when talking. I see a guy who lied to cover up his drinking problem....JMO

One more thing.

Not to beat a dead horse - BUT - a friend brought up a point to me (it may have been discussed already? )

Could the white thing in the chest area be a white dust mask spun backwards?

WG

Looks like the ha dles.of a plastic bag.
jmo

Maybe LE does have a handful of people they are looking at and RL is the only one they could show cause for search warrant at this point, thus moving him up, down or even off the list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ava l