IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 - #33

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Something else to consider in regards to RL being held right now...I see many assuming he is an alcoholic. Are there any MSM reports that have been released with this info? Yes his DUI violations are highly suggestive of an issue but is there anything beyond that? My point being that if RL is a true alcoholic and daily drinker (which is what I'm seeing suggested), he would have to be in a medical detox right now. Benzos and alcohol are the two most dangerous detoxes and dying is not uncommon without proper care (see more here: http://www.webmd.com/mental-health/addiction/alcohol-withdrawal-symptoms-treatments. My husband and I both work in the substance abuse field, and with ten years sober we have been on both sides of the law, so to speak.

I have NO idea if he is an alcoholic...I honestly don't think any of us can come to that conclusion without far more information, and to sentence him as such seems a bit unfair perhaps - although I have no love for those who drink and drive. But for a moment let's say he was drunk enough to do what's being suggested - how does an incredibly inebriated 77 year old not only navigate the terrain and the bridge but also control two healthy teen girls? It just doesn't add up for me that he is our BG...

One last note, regarding the meth mentions. Yes there is a massive problem with meth in our nation and especially in Indiana, and yes it makes people do horrible things, but where does that play into our girls getting killed? Where has there been any suggestion in MSM or from LE that drugs were involved in this? BG doesn't look like a tweaker or a cook to me, from the little I can see his face is pretty full and he looks well-kept.

Thank you for your insight. It's posts like this that keep me coming back here. I appreciate when someone posts information with either a link or firsthand knowledge. Much more useful IMO.

How can I find that info? TIA
ETA:Found it

I'd like to know where to find it too, I've looked and don't recall seeing any where he was arrested and had someone with him. TIA

Well I tried to give it up, but my head is stuck on this pickup. I have worn out my eyeballs trying to figure out what model year this F250 is. It is just striking me as extremely odd, for RL to have this particular vehicle, especially if it's a late-model, when his license is suspended. I can't bring myself to believe it's his. Can anybody help me out, here? Or tell me to do some laundry and get ready for work tomorrow, please...

I am back to thinking this SW is from something RL finally told that he was previously reluctant to say to avoid implicating himself as being in violation, like picking up a hitchhiker.

"More specifically, police want to know if anyone recalls a hitchhiker along the Hoosier Heartland Highway, a person walking along a county road or highway, Riley said."
http://www.jconline.com/story/news/...ek-later-no-arrests-delphi-killings/98147050/

This would be a good reason to take the truck and seal it for forensics, IMO

ETA I just wanted to add the pic of the truck showing red seal as it is being towed away
http://fox59.com/2017/03/17/authorities-serve-search-warrant-in-connection-with-delphi-murder-case/

View attachment 113114

OT: How would one know if they are smoking old-fashioned weed or spice?

I'm assuming 'spice' is the name for the fake week people are smoking. How does on know the difference?

I disagree. Getting a restraining order requires all parties to appear in court to demonstrate the necessity. Otherwise, people could file restraining orders simply to tarnish someone's name. I'm not saying it never happens the way you suggest...but in the vast majority of cases there are good reasons for them.

Yes, it does allow for appearance as necessary to due process, however the burden of proof is preponderance of evidence.

For example, my apartment neighbor yelled at me after I asked him to quit smoking on our shared balcony, now I'm fearful, that's a preponderance of evidence supporting a reasonable fear in which a restraining order would most likely be granted by a judge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OT: How would one know if they are smoking old-fashioned weed or spice?

I'm assuming 'spice' is the name for the fake week people are smoking. How does on know the difference?

Most often where you purchase it from I assume. If you're purchasing it from a dealer on the street, it's probably pot. If you're going into a head shop or a convenience store (whose cashier might sell it on the sly), it is probably the synthetic stuff.

Anyone more in the know than I am can feel free to tell me if I'm wrong! I have very limited knowledge on the subject.

Well I tried to give it up, but my head is stuck on this pickup. I have worn out my eyeballs trying to figure out what model year this F250 is. It is just striking me as extremely odd, for RL to have this particular vehicle, especially if it's a late-model, when his license is suspended. I can't bring myself to believe it's his. Can anybody help me out, here? Or tell me to do some laundry and get ready for work tomorrow, please...

Did it say anywhere that his license was still suspended?

Sometimes anger and violence are the first signs of dementia.
anger and violence early are not typically seen in early dementia. That is typically reserved for later stages, and still not common. However, agitation is sometimes seen early on.

I disagree. Getting a restraining order requires all parties to appear in court to demonstrate the necessity. Otherwise, people could file restraining orders simply to tarnish someone's name. I'm not saying it never happens the way you suggest...but in the vast majority of cases there are good reasons for them.

Not in WVA! Only ONE person has to go to the Magistrate Court and "swear" that they feel "threatened" or "afraid" It is actually VERY easy and has been done here in my state ........man and woman fighting and revenge! Only one party required

I know this because I worked for the local legal aide for a bit

I'm reading over RL's criminal records and noticed he was ordered to house arrest and a GPS ankle monitor. I wonder how long he was ordered to wear it.

https://public.courts.in.gov/mycase...HUXlNakV3TnpFd01qTXdPamN4TnpjME1UVXhaalk9In19

This is for his 2013 arrest.

Case Number 08D01-1312-FD-000107

10/08/2014
Hearing Journal Entry
The State of Indiana appears by Jerry Bean, Chief Deputy Prosecuting Attorney. The defendant appears in the custody of the sheriff and by counsel Andrew Achey. Dispositional Hearing is held. Testimony is heard and concluded. The Court previously found that the defendant violated the terms of his probation. The Court orders the defendant to serve the balance, 1 year, of the previously suspended sentence. The defendant is given credit for twenty one (21) days with Class A Credit allowed. The Court will allow the defendant to serve said sentence through In Home Detention with GPS monitoring. The Court imposes additional terms of probation as follows: The defendant is ordered to participate in a mental health and substance abuse evaluation and follow any recommendations. The Court orders the defendant to have no access to a motorized vehicle. The Court further orders all terms of probation are terms of In Home Detention. The defendant is remanded to the custody of the sheriff and held until the commencement of In Home Detention.C:State,Probation,Achey,CCSD,RJO10/20/14tsm

Did it say anywhere that his license was still suspended?

He has a horse trailer on the property and most likely the truck was needed for it Farm guys usually have later model pickups This looks like about a 2000 or up model

Speculation, but he's got 40 acres. I'm not sure whether or not a suspended license would preclude him driving on his own private property. Maybe he has people who work for him as well who may have driven it as part of the job. Isn't it a working farm? I saw cattle in one photo.

ETA: Just saw someone else's post about conditions of home confinement & it states no motorized vehicles, but it could be for hired help.

I'm reading over RL's criminal records and noticed he was ordered to house arrest and a GPS ankle monitor. I wonder how long he was ordered to wear it.

https://public.courts.in.gov/mycase...HUXlNakV3TnpFd01qTXdPamN4TnpjME1UVXhaalk9In19

This is for his 2013 arrest.

Case Number 08D01-1312-FD-000107

10/08/2014
Hearing Journal Entry
The State of Indiana appears by Jerry Bean, Chief Deputy Prosecuting Attorney. The defendant appears in the custody of the sheriff and by counsel Andrew Achey. Dispositional Hearing is held. Testimony is heard and concluded. The Court previously found that the defendant violated the terms of his probation. The Court orders the defendant to serve the balance, 1 year, of the previously suspended sentence. The defendant is given credit for twenty one (21) days with Class A Credit allowed. The Court will allow the defendant to serve said sentence through In Home Detention with GPS monitoring. The Court imposes additional terms of probation as follows: The defendant is ordered to participate in a mental health and substance abuse evaluation and follow any recommendations. The Court orders the defendant to have no access to a motorized vehicle. The Court further orders all terms of probation are terms of In Home Detention. The defendant is remanded to the custody of the sheriff and held until the commencement of In Home Detention.C:State,Probation,Achey,CCSD,RJO10/20/14tsm

His sentence was allowed to be done via home confinement versus jail Home Confinement can be easy or hard based on your Detention department! My son had to have okay to go ANYWHERE

It was probably all part of the same incident. Maybe a drunken fight? Home detention instead of jail for someone his age or a light criminal record.

The gps monitor probably had to do with the restraining order (maybe from the victim or other party in the fight) which has become standard practice in Indiana.

It's really not. They can be issued for anything from a property dispute, to what has basically become a common place in a divorce proceeding

In my experience, only if there is a good reason to ask for one and, many, many times a judge will refuse to issue one. IMO, this is really interesting.

I am sorry, but I can't remember how long you said you have been practicing law. Do you find that protective orders are easy to get in your area?

If this was my friend or family member, I'd say they had a serious problem with alcohol

https://public.courts.in.gov/mycase...pbGVFbmQiOm51bGwsIkNvdW50eUNvZGUiOm51bGx9fQ==

State of Indiana v. Ronald E Logan
08D01-1402-FD-000016
Court Carroll Superior Court
Case Type FD - Class D Felony
Filed 02/27/2014
Status 10/08/2014, Decided
Charges 9-30-5-3(a)(1)/FD: Operating a Vehicle with a BAC of .08 or greater, 9-30-5-2(b)/MA: Operating A Vehicle While Intoxicated; Endangering A Person, 9-30-5-1(a)(1)/MC: Operating a Vehicle with a BAC of .08 or More per Blood, 35-44.1-2-3(d)(1)/MA: False Informing, 9-24-19-2/MA: Driving While Suspended (Prior w/in 10 years), 9-21-8-31/IFC: Failure to Yield Right of Way at Entrance to Through Highway
Parties State of Indiana, Logan
Attorneys Bean, Achey, Rozzi Filed 02/27/2014

State of Indiana vs. Ronald Logan
08D01-1312-FD-000107
Case Type FD - Class D Felony
Filed 12/03/2013
Status 09/15/2014, Decided
Charges 9-30-5-2(a) & (b)/FD: Operating a Vehicle While Intoxicated Endangering a Person, 9-30-5-1(a)(2)/MC: Operating a Vehicle with a BAC of .08 or More per Breath
Attorneys Bean, Achey Filed 12/03/2013

State of Indiana vs. Ronald Logan
08D01-1102-IF-000134
Case Type IF - Infraction
Filed 02/23/2011
Status 09/22/2011, Decided
Charges 9-24-19-1/IFA: Driving While Suspended
Parties State of Indiana, Logan Filed 02/23/2011

State of Indiana v. Ronald Logan
08D01-1102-CM-000031
Case Type CM - Criminal Misdemeanor
Filed 02/08/2011
Status 06/21/2011, Decided
Charges 9-30-5-2(a)/MA: Operating a Vehicle While Intoxicated Endangering a Person, 9-30-5-1(a)/MC: Oper Veh w/ Alcohol Concentration Equivalent to at Least .08 but Less than .15, 35-44-2-2(d)(1)/MA: False Informing, 9-30-15-3/IFC: Open Alcoholic Beverage Container During Operation of a Motor Vehicle, 9-24-19-1/IFA: Driving While Suspended
Attorneys Bean, Knecht Filed 02/08/2011

State of Indiana v. Ronald Logan
08D01-1101-CM-000001
Case Type CM - Criminal Misdemeanor
Filed 01/05/2011
Status 06/14/2011, Decided
Charges 9-30-5-2(a)/MA: Operating a Vehicle While Intoxicated Endangering a Person, 9-30-5-1(a)/MC: Oper Veh w/ Alcohol Concentration Equivalent to at Least .08 but Less than .15
Attorneys Knecht Filed 01/05/2011

In my experience, only if there is a good reason to ask for one and, many, many times a judge will refuse to issue one. IMO, this is really interesting.

I am sorry, but I can't remember how long you said you have been practicing law. Do you find that protective orders are easy to get in your area?

I have only worked in clinics, I've never said I've practiced law. About 9 months I've had experience, since the end of my first year of law school. They are easy to get in every area. It's almost universally a preponderance standard of reasonable fear.

Can you show any reason you are in reasonable fear?

Yes?

Burden met, order issued.

these circumstances remind me of the case in oregon I think it was..girl in a rural area goes missing from her bus stop..a week or two later another girl goes missing from the same bus stop. Turns out it was a sex offender lived across the street with line of sight of the bus stop. Questioned several times for the 1st girl but never arrested. Both deceased girls were found on his property. Sometimes it is the obvious. I'd like to know if RL has a telescope in his home.

Speaking of sex offenders. What happened to the one we were allowed to sleuth? Was he ever caught? I've forgotten his name...again.

Well, this changes my opinion of things! He has been violent with someone while in his 70's. "Allegedly"
MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member