IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 - #33

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not so sure it's coincidence. By virtue of his guilty pleas and his probation , his sentencing stipulates that he waves his 4th amendment rights.

"The terms of probation are set forth in the Order on Probation and include the following: waiver of 4th amendment rights against search and seizure;"
https://public.courts.in.gov/mycase...yVXhOREl3TnpFd01qTXdPamN4TnpjME1UVXhZekU9In19

So with a probation violation and even without, his property can be searched any time, IMO

Don't think so.

I think you'll find that the waiver is only for searches relating to the violation of conditions imposed by the court or perhaps a search based on suspicion that someone is engaged in the same conduct that got him convicted in the 1st place.

In other words: there might be a waiver of 4th amendments rights relating to matters related to the drunk driving charges but not for anything else.

I wonder if he has told the lawyer something that has made the lawyer instruction him to do this? I guess we may never know. But if the lawyer removes himself I guess we'll have a better idea.

They are still up and running. At least around Indianapolis. I see them almost on a daily basis. I last seen it yesterday.

They have said in MSM reports that it was rescheduled. I wonder what side rescheduled it. And why? Review of the case? Review of new/pending charges? Is it because he was transferred to another facility (for unknown reasons)? By law they can hold him up to 15 days before they do anything.

It's just perplexing needless to say.

I don't think it's telling anything that his lawyer advised him to be silent. That's advise a lawyer would give about anyone when dealing with police, whether they are culpable or not.

I thought I read that it was RL's lawyer that requested the hearing be rescheduled, but I don't see this on the court docket. I guess it will probably be updated tomorrow though.

i have been surprised about that too. There were so many local searchers.Certainly a few of them must know more than we do.

One thing I have noticed was the apparently great relationship the local police have with the media. That can go a long way. Judging from the way the police held the presser where they released the audio from the cell phone along with the perpetrator's image, I think that this police department is extremely cordial with the media and very professional and helpful to them when it can be. That may one reason why we have no leaks to the media. The media wants these killer(s) caught as much as us. They maybe don't want to do anything to hamper the investigation.

Where's Steelman? Off to bed. Praying I wake to hearing they caught the or give us something more to bite on... Goodnight 🕇❤🕯

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320AZ using Tapatalk

Wouldn't LE have searched RLs home a lot sooner had they had cause too? They have more video and audio footage apparently. They would know if it is him or not imo. Voice recognition and such.They gave an age estimate of BG and it was well below 70s!
I think they are keeping him off his property for his own safety tbh. May be watching to see if anyone "visits".
Absolutely ludicrous to me that a 77 year old man who has lived in town for over 50 years would suddenly snap now. Or even walk across that bridge for that matter!!! Im less than half his age and wouldn't set foot on it!

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

I'm not seeing as being the suspect, i don't see him as an alcoholic. I am on the fence as to why the search warrant on his home & property. I am at a loss at this time as to what LE has as far as evidence other then image/audio. I fell like that because of lack of evidence that LE may be grasping at straws. I could be wrong. Jmo
If you scroll back a few pages on this thread, someone posted all of his DUI offenses since 2011. IMO he has a drinking problem, which is why one of the court responses was to order him to stop drinking - not just driving - and to go to alcohol counseling.
EDIT : It's in post #578. Court docs.

Don't think so.

I think you'll find that the waiver is only for searches relating to the violation of conditions imposed by the court or perhaps a search based on suspicion that someone is engaged in the same conduct that got him convicted in the 1st place.

In other words: there might be a waiver of 4th amendments rights relating to matters related to the drunk driving charges but not for anything else.
That's not necessarily true, at least according to this.

http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/probation-search-conditions.html

"Although officers usually need probable cause before they can search a person or home (they typically need a warrant for the latter), a search condition eliminates this requirement. In some states, an officer must have reasonable suspicion before conducting a probation search, but in others, an officer can conduct one at any time, even without reason to believe that the probationer committed a crime. Some search conditions allow only probation officers to search, while others authorize both probation and police officers to do the same."

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

I don't mean to sound snarky, but don't you suppose the Indiana State Police, FBI & Carroll County law enforcement had him under constant surveillance if they had reason to believe he is responsible? For all we know they got a wiretap on his phones and any internet accounts, too.

I'm assuming the police were on point with any and all leads. It's not uncommon for a serial killer to go back to the murder scene to relive the crimes. If police have a suspect but not enough evidence to arrest, they might very well have been keeping a tail on him. Maybe they were in fact waiting for him or someone else to return to the murder scene.

I don't think it's telling anything that his lawyer advised him to be silent. That's advise a lawyer would give about anyone when dealing with police, whether they are culpable or not.

I thought I read that it was RL's lawyer that requested the hearing be rescheduled, but I don't see this on the court docket. I guess it will probably be updated tomorrow though.

Even in a civil case my experience is lawyers tell you to stop talking. It's frustrating because you want to defend yourself. The stakes are much, much higher here. It's also my experience that if you do not follow your lawyer's advice they will tell you to find another attorney.

Where's Steelman? Off to bed. Praying I wake to hearing they caught the or give us something more to bite on... Goodnight 🕇[emoji173][emoji992]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320AZ using Tapatalk

Had to laugh - I'm catching up & was hoping I'd run across a Steelman Summary.

Years ago, I bought a curling iron that had a Warning..."Do Not Use on Eyelashes". You Think?

You have to wonder, has someone done this in order for them to issue a warning like that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

His land might be the only thing he feels he has. I half heartedly feel bad for the man. IF he has nothing to do with this crime, that is. But seriously, can you imagine being innocent, being willing to talk to the media and show them your property, and then being arrested for a non violent crime? I find it hard to believe RL would cover for someone that has brought such negative attention on him and his property. IF he is covering for someone it would have to be a family member, most likely a child or someone he feels fatherly towards IMHO

So many family members cover for suspects without a consequence. So maybe he didn't anticipate it would be so pricy, that is why LE try to put pressure on him? JMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LE needs to throw a breadcrumb because a lot of ppl already have convicted RL. He was a past drunk and probably a current one as well but I truly think he is not the BG. Interestingly, LE has not told the public what other houses that have been searched and they have searched other houses according to them. RL happens to be in the spotlight because of his current probation violations and that was picked up by the media. The BG is still out there and who knows if he will strike again. The BG got lucky and committed the crime on RL's property regardless if he knew the history of RL. JMO

I'm assuming the police were on point with any and all leads. It's not uncommon for a serial killer to go back to the murder scene to relive the crimes. If police have a suspect but not enough evidence to arrest, they might very well have been keeping a tail on him. Maybe they were in fact waiting for him or someone

else to return to the murder scene.
Well RL will return that's for sure
It's his home....

Precisely!

And it was at a time when Police wanted people to look at the photo and make connections!

-

I mean when I saw it, that was my response. Specific enough to be x,y,z but absolutely without a doubt pixelated beyond comprehension. To the point that any jury might be able to throw is out (or say I won't factor this aspect in). Ps I know nothing about terminology or juries just thinking my own response.

My dad has a muscle disease and and dresses nothing like BG and clearly would never be on a dilapidated bridge, but the point is, the imagining is so poor all that we determine is that A. The person is not severely obese and B. The person is 99.8 male and over 15. It could be dad. It could be anyone

I wondered about this. I have seen comments from people who "worked with" him and also he listed his occupation as a "laborer" for "Eli Lilly" on one of his marriage licenses.

I think the farm did not supply an income, or at least not a primary source of income.

Eli Lilly pharmaceuticals (sp) has its headquarters in Indianapolis, so definately possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ZogNCat