IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 - #35

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Still playing catch up this morning. This case really needs resolution so I can go back to my full time job LOL. :tantrum:

I'm so torn on the latest developments. I was really convinced there was no way RL was BG but I think the only reason I felt that way was due to his age, which I know is stupid. The arrest for probation violation and search warrant, lack of much communication from LE since then, and the fact that they're no longer actively asking the public to call in leads really has me perplexed.

I keep going back to the fact that BTK, Ted Bundy, and Gary Ridgeway murdered for YEARS but nobody suspected. I've seen a lot of support from family and friends for RL on SM, saying there is no way he did this, but then how well do you ever really know someone? I don't think you can ever fully know or understand a psychopath, even if you're married to one.

Either way, I think LE is closing in on *something* and there will hopefully be resolution to this soon. Double-punch if it's linked to Elizabeth and Lyric, which I've been convinced of for some time. The 6,000 billboards right off the bat lead me to believe there was suspicion early on that other crimes are linked. But what do I know. :D

Thanks Spellbound. Even more info! Phew!

I think that the rehab requirement on the 2011 sentence is probably a mandatory participation across the board for all first time offenders, perhaps why you highlighted participation?

But then again, I might be inclined that the second rehab requirement may also be mandatory for a second offense.

It would be interesting to know what the law mandates as obligatory for 1st, 2nd,etc. offenses.

In other words, are these inclusions obligatory in all cases or are they specific to RL?

If they are obligatory, then we still have no indication that RL is, in fact, diagnosed as an alcoholic.

If this is the case, then in my own eyes, as a drunk driver, he deserves whatever the law decides to throw at him and he got off lucky, both in that he didn't kill anyone and that he wasn't locked up the second time.

However, I am concerned by the rush to label him an alcoholic, and all the character assassination that has been attached to that label.

The word "participation" was the only word I could see to highlight, as everything else went off the right side "under or outside my text box" and I could not see it to highlight the rest of the words. " at Wabash Valley Hospital." Sounded more like a possibility that the Hospital would be an inpatient (15 or 30 days?) and the other may be an outpatient weekly program. But as I said, the report was unclear and it could have only been for an evaluation both times, though unlikely.

IMO it's more a matter of there not being any investigative journalists wanting to make their own jobs harder by going to Delphi and asking questions. The positive aspect of that is that we don't get the hurtful sideshow that disturbs victims so much; the obvious negative is that we don't get any information whatsoever. All JMO.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
And these journalists are making whole articles out of LE tweets. It's annoying, but I do think that those locals who know "things" have been advised to not talk by LE, and this small town is sticking together...For now.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Off topic...but can anyone tell me how to get rid of the ads that keep playing?

Slightly O/T, but I just had to thank you, ocgrad for this GoogleDrive link. I am just catching up from last night (and agree the earlier poster who thanked all of you who have so much patience with those of us that pop in and out and can't catch up and have questions. I am, for the first time in my life, sneaking on to the internet while at my job, and feel horrendous guilt over it. But this case has consumed me.)

Anyways, this GoogleDrive is so helpful to me. Apologies if it's already linked somewhere else; I do read all the Mod posts at the beginning of each thread, but there's so much in so many posts there that I'm sure I make errors/miss things. So much for my sleuthing skills. :(

I have 2 Newbie questions:

1. Is there one place/document where all the links and proven facts are kept? Or is that too impossible because we all seem to have diff opinions on what defines "proven"?

2. I have read everything I can find here at WS for Rules, tips, FAQ, etc, but I've had to sleuth the site itself to find them. Is there a WS101 section I'm missing? Like a How to Start Sleuthing primer?

TIA. I am so grateful to you all. And the Mods. It's such a gift to find a place on the Internet that is civilized.

in answer to 1 - there is a media/maps/timelines thread that should contain no discussion located here:
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?329965-IN-Abigail-Williams-amp-Liberty-German-Delphi-13-Feb-2017-*media-maps-amp-timelines

Relevant items are included at the beginning of each discussion thread, including the link I pasted above.

depending on the browser, I use chrome, if you right click, you can select 'mute tab'. It does not get rid of the ads, but they are not as annoying if you do not hear them.

I always think about the girl who said she was on the bridge that day and the guy & couple she saw. I know she said she didn't see anything out of the ordinary, but I wonder about the other people, who it sounded like were there before she got there, or at least the couple on the bridge..the one guy she saw when she first got there could have arrived around the same time as her. I don't have a link, but I thought I read LE had talked to them too, not sure. I'm just wondering if there was anything they noticed. It's also horrible to think of being there that day and not knowing those poor girls were there, not too far away. :( That would really tear me up.

JMO

Maybe my thought is a bit obtuse but... wouldn't it be somewhat simple to estimate the height of bg vs po to see if they're at all in the same realm. Because to my eye, op appears several inches taller than bg.

For the love of God everyone, the bridge is 60 feet high! Go look out your front door at the neighbors car parked 60 feet away. At 60 feet you could read the license plate!! If you're having to circle and draw arrows pointing at a car, you'd better be standing on the Empire State Building. Not standing 60 feet away!!

I posted the pics because another poster was asking about them and didn't know where they were. I hadn't seen them and found them, that's it. That said, I don't appreciate being yelled at. It's not only rude but unnecessary. Thank you

Same. Every single person I have known that has gotten a DUI (it's a lot because I have worked at a trucking company for 18 years) has had to go to alcohol/drug classes. It's standard here in Ohio.

Yes, that is one of the things I am trying to ascertain about RL.

Does the law require the defendant to participate in some rehab program as part of a guilty verdict and sentence.

If yes, then we have no indication that RL is a diagnosed alcoholic and therefore, it is speculation to attach those characteristics to him as a matter of course.

And, please, I don't want anybody to think that I think it is okay that he drinks and drives and feel the need to point out that character flaw to me!

Not sure, but i do know that when i turned off last & java script i could not log in this am, even after turning them both back on it took my an hour 1/2 of 20 plus log in attempt to get logged in, i started thinking i was hacked. Lol

Maybe. But, the probation violation was not filed until 3/10, a full week after the attorney filed the petition and 3 days after said attorney requested it be disregarded. Hopefully a legal expert or someone with more legal knowledge can give some reasons for that.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Maybe RL had an inkling that he was about to be scrutinized, called his lawyer, who talked to LE and made a move to circumvent what he thought LE's next move might be.

Wed Feb 15,2017
3 p.m. Indiana State Police and the Carroll County Sheriff’s Department hold a news conference confirming that the bodies found Tuesday are those of Liberty and Abigail. They say the case is being investigated as a double homicide.
They say they don’t believe there’s any immediate danger to the community.
http://cbs4indy.com/2017/02/16/time...eenagers-liberty-german-and-abigail-Williams/

By February 15,2017 detectives had developed a theory that their perp(s) were not a danger to the community. Although comments were added at a later time that parents continue to be vigilant monitoring social media usage and their children's activities/whereabouts.

I was curious what led investigators to develop an early working theory that the community was not in immediate danger?

Could it be that they suspected either one or both Abby and Libby were singled out by the perp(s)
Or,could there be evidence from the phone or CS that the murder(s)were on the move?
Could it be that evidence led them to think this was not random murder?
Was the CS staged (not like in a SK )but a 'signature of sorts' indicating this was deeply personal?
Did they suspect there was another CS nearby?

:cow:

Looking at it from the opposite side, if LE were to announce to the public a situation of "immediate danger", usually involves a sniper or bomb threat and requires evacuation or that people stay locked inside their houses.

By assuring there's no immediate danger, LE is saying folks in and around Delphi can go about their normal daily routines but common sense suggests, knowing a violent homicide has not yet been solved, I'd bet they remain cautious.

So don't read anything into LE reassuring the public, other than they don't want people to panic and create unnecessary chaos.

With regards to all that's been going on w/RL, I've kind of wondered if maybe there was someone who's so convinced they figured out what happened & RL was part of it that they sent in a tip and instead of saying things like "this is what I think could of happened" or "I think you should look at this person" they made it sound like all the info they were giving was something they knew as fact. Probably not the case, it's just that when I think of some of the people I've came across talking about this case (elsewhere), I could totally see a few of them doing this and LE has said they're not disregarding any info they receive, that they're investigating everything.

BTW - Morning All
No disrespect meant, But there's no way LE is going to take such action on the words of an armchair sleuth. A probable cause SW is a big deal. They are looking for specific items. They went before the judge and the judge deemed their request had enough evidentiary value to grant SW. And remember, LE is being advised by other agencies such as the FBI. JMO.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

But, the diameter of those tree trunks has to be 10" or less (imo actually much less, 6" and 2-3" respectively, left to right, but I'm trying to be conservative here) which would make the *vehicles* the size of battery-operated remote cars. I think those are hummocks of dead grass, with shadows, at the base of the (small) tree trunks. I live in a rural location, the terrain and vegetation is much the same biosphere as Delphi. I am basing my estimate on the size of the creek in the background and the cluster of birch/alder between the *vehicles* and the creek. That is my opinion. :twocents:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-Delphi-13-Feb-2017-7&p=13167646#post13167646

attachment.php

Just want to give a shout out to Mama2cam, Steleheart and Spellbound AND anyone else who posted answers and thoughts regarding my question about Rehab as part of sentencing for RL. I really appreciate your quick posts with the legal information. :tyou: :loveyou: :cheers:

OT. In other news...
I hit a stinkin TURKEY this morning and had to make an insurance claim because it cracked my front bumper and the Toyota emblem is MIA!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member