IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #37

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
MOO is that the girls & the phone never left the woods. Cell phone signals can be picked up by different towers even if the cell phone is in the same general area. these pings may have given some false hope that girls were in Delphi and still alive.

Police in Jon Benet and most unsolved said they were going to get the killer.

It's pretty standard.

I have concern this goes cold. Investigators working it will be reduced further in upcoming months.

-

Abby had on a T-shirt and sweatpants. Would she have had a pocket to hide her cell phone?
Abby was wearing a jacket and jeans. Libby was wearing leggings but I don't know if a jacket was mentioned.

Whoever is capable of such evil is capable of it again or before. The confounding part here, as a fellow sleuther, is not understanding the "why."

I have been studying the why's (motivations) of both murderers and sexual-murderers( not including murders which are unintentional, crimes of passion, gang related, or for hire). The why's re incredibly complex, and can be broken down into a combination of factors: formative development, predispositional factors such as trauma, genetics (e.g. extra Y chromosome), reliance on early development of fantasies as opposed to object relations to achieve mastery of conflicts , paraphilia development (sexual deviations and fetishes), exposure to violence as child, poor self esteem and weak self image, and, the use of autoerotic activities/masturbation to deal with anxiety. There are more.

I am totally at home in the woods. The highway? Not so much.

I still follow the posts here.I pray they find Abby and Liberty's killer soon.Very sad.

Me too not much to add that hasn't been said already but I am still here hanging on every bread crumb and praying for justice :please:

There is so much that we dont know about their deaths. Do you think that it is at all possible that Abby was alive when they found them and she died shortly after? Do we know that they were both dead when they were found? That is one way that they could have different dates of death?

The no-bs truth is that we can only speculate as to why the dates are different because it's never been explained. However the rumor that Abby was found alive is extremely unlikely.

Police in Jon Benet and most unsolved said they were going to get the killer.

It's pretty standard.

I have concern this goes cold. Investigators working it will be reduced further in upcoming months.

-

I find myself thinking the same. Although tomorrow is Friday and we seem to have more stirring at the end of each week so who knows what tomorrow will bring.

But part of me sees this investigation getting smaller, LE pulled away to new cases. Sadly we may be coming back to a thread that has very little updates.

I hope not, but I won't be surprised if it happens.

I've come across this image of BG a couple of times now, can anyone tell me what was done to this pic, infrared?

View attachment 113400

Looking at the image in the way it was done makes it more obvious to me that what is on the front of suspects left leg was intentionally blurred/pixilated before release. Jmo

There is so much that we dont know about their deaths. Do you think that it is at all possible that Abby was alive when they found them and she died shortly after? Do we know that they were both dead when they were found? That is one way that they could have different dates of death?
Omg... Your right... I didn't even think of that....... I'M SO GLAD FOR All OPINIONS... THIS IS WHY... I KEEP FORGETTING THAT ALL WE REALLY KNOW IS THEY WERE MURDERED AND FOUND ON PROPERTY DOWN FROM BRIDGE. WE KNOW NOTHING ELSE . Then you thank you thank you for making that point..

That type of confidence from an officer investigating the murder of two children isn't made without support.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Happens all the time - even when LE doesn't have the slightest clue as to who committed a crime.

Looking at the image in the way it was done makes it more obvious to me that what is on the front of suspects left leg was intentionally blurred/pixilated before release. Jmo
Why though...for what reason

I have been studying the why's (motivations) of both murderers and sexual-murderers( not including murders which are unintentional, crimes of passion, gang related, or for hire). The why's re incredibly complex, and can be broken down into a combination of factors: formative development, predispositional factors such as trauma, genetics (e.g. extra Y chromosome), reliance on early development of fantasies as opposed to object relations to achieve mastery of conflicts , paraphilia development (sexual deviations and fetishes), exposure to violence as child, poor self esteem and weak self image, and, the use of autoerotic activities/masturbation to deal with anxiety. There are more.

Did you mean to say "extra Y chromosome" instead of just "Y chromosome" (i.e., biologically male)?

Or are you saying that murderers are more likely to be XYY? I've never heard that before.

Abby was wearing a jacket and jeans. Libby was wearing leggings but I don't know if a jacket was mentioned.
Sorry. I got the names turned around. I was just wondering how she might have hidden the cellphone from view. Maybe the leggings had a pocket.

Omg... Your right... I didn't even think of that....... I'M SO GLAD FOR All OPINIONS... THIS IS WHY... I KEEP FORGETTING THAT ALL WE REALLY KNOW IS THEY WERE MURDERED AND FOUND ON PROPERTY DOWN FROM BRIDGE. WE KNOW NOTHING ELSE . Then you thank you thank you for making that point..
There were no calls for EMT's or an ambulance even (though one was staged near the search command center) in the time period the girls were discovered. It is highly likely (in my opinion certain) that both were deceased at the time of discovery.

Disagree. I live in a tiny town.. No Wal-Mart nothing like that.. We have a rodeo that comes thru once a year and that's it.. And people always think it's safe.. Nothing happens here.. Wrong. Girl found murdered and burnt alive in her car, but recently murderd and found floating in river, and a few more.. Trust me, it's not safe. The world isn't..
I understand the fear. I really do. I've chosen a career that exposes me to horrific crimes all day long. It is hard to turn the alarm off in my brain. I'm constantly looking for danger and find myself being skeptical of most people. It is hard for me to trust anyone with my children.

That said, statistically my children are more likely to be harmed by riding in a car than being abducted and murdered. While we may hear more about crime today than we did in past decades, statistically violent crime is down. When we are personally impacted by violent crime, the fear is even greater. That impact can be from reading about cases here, seeing them on tv, living in the same town, knowing the victim, or being a victim yourself. Naturally that increases our hypervigilance but that doesn't mean statistically speaking the threat is that real/ likely. Perceived threat and real threat lead to the same response in our brain but doesn't mean we are actually in high risk danger.

I have to remind myself of those stats when reading cases here or after rough cases at work. When my hypervigilance kicks into overdrive or I have nightmares, I know it's time for some self care. Hth.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member