IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #38

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What the heckin' heck?

Maybe to a rehab or other health related place? That's all I can think of. I would think (I really have no idea just guessing) that if it were to another detention center they would have listed it. Unless he is under protection maybe? But couldn't they just protect him in a private cell? They've been bouncing ol' RL around quite a bit it seems.

Every answer just brings more questions.

IMO, he's still being held, but they are not disclosing the location for his safety. Originally, he was moved from Carroll County Jail to Clinton County Jail--what LE was touting as an "undisclosed" facility, but that information obviously became public. So, I believe another move was made afterwards (hence the VINELink statuses). From their statements in media appearances, LE seem fairly concerned about the rumors and innuendo connecting uncharged persons to this crime, and the danger that could present.
"Leazenby said he was moved from the Carroll County Jail, where he was originally being held, to an undisclosed jail for his safety." From: http://www.jconline.com/story/news/...h-property-where-delphi-teens-found/99304450/

Thanks for the info. So what the heck IS that flat thing that is appearing on his left leg in one picture? Lighting, shading, movement, converting a vid to a still shot? Do you have an opinion?

My guess (based on working daily with video and stills for the past 10 years) is image compression. Compression logarithms toss out information in areas of shadow (why waste bandwidth on what won't be seen) so when you lighten those areas, the lack of detail becomes visible.

Also, because the image is obviously enlarged, you may also be seeing areas the camera wasn't able to resolve (which get rendered as blocks of repeated pattern).

IMO

My guess (based on working daily with video and stills for the past 10 years) is image compression. Compression logarithms toss out information in areas of shadow (why waste bandwidth on what won't be seen) so when you lighten those areas, the lack of deal becomes visible.

Also, because the image is obviously enlarged, you may also be seeing areas the camera wasn't able to resolve (which get rendered as blocks of repeated pattern).

IMO

Thank you very much. Interesting how a photo becomes so distorted as to make it appear there is much more going on.

Me too. I think it is odd that we are not hearing from anyone at all. Not just LE. Family, friends... just seems so strange. Haven't we heard LE use the word "complex" when describing this case? I think there is a LOT more going on here. JMO
sorry, replying to myself. After I posted the above, I went to scanner thread as suggested. Yup, "complex." JMO

Thank you very much. Interesting how a photo becomes so distorted as to make it appear there is much more going on.

And, in my experience, it can change drastically from frame to frame, because the camera is constantly reevaluating the scene (based on changing light, object movement, etc).

So two frames in sequence can look different (hood is up! hood is down! for example).

The object in the IR photo looks like a colostomy or bladder bag, IMO. People wear one or the other after having had bladder cancer(or removal due to trauma) or part of the colon removed.
Outside his pants?! Most people wear those items inside their clothes. IMO.

Does anyone else remember wayyyyy back in the beginning, ... and I'm not sure if it was an actual 'quote' by LE, or if it was just 'reported' by reporters at the time.. but it was said that LE were 'treating' it as a double homicide?

I clearly remember this because it annoyed me when I heard it. At the time.. I had been waiting for the girls to be found, fully expecting that any moment it would be reported that they had been found safe. Instead, it was reported their bodies had been found and that police were 'treating' it as a double homicide.

I thought to myself, well of COURSE it's a double homicide, what ELSE would it be.. it kind of irritated me. When I go searching for that, I can't find police saying that, so it may have just been a reporter saying it that way (but even if so, where did the reporter get that from?).

I have always wondered about that, because it's not exactly a normal way to refer to a murder(s), and considering the way that police have referred to this case having a 'twist', and never in 30 years having seen something like in this case, and the thing about the 'nightmares'.. I have been wondering if it's possible that the killer somehow tried to make it *seem* as if it was something different than a double homicide. ie I have wondered if the killer could have even forced one of the girls to kill the other one, and then the killer killed the remaining one afterward.

Have been wanting to post this weird thought for awhile, but no time. If you disagree, that's fine, like mentioned, it is just a thought that passes through my mind. Not sure if this has ever been mentioned or thought of before because too difficult to read all of the posts. Respectful discussion welcomed.

You bring up an interesting point /scenario.

So what if when they found the girls one had clearly been murdered and the other succumbed to sustained injuries.

That would also solidify my belief that, while the girls were both found dead, they died at different times.

I'm just going to shut up and trust LE on this one. I don't think anything is going to happen until they get the lab results from last weekend's search warrant. I suspect that until they get those results, there isn't a lot they can do.

(P.S. ref: scanner thread)
Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

Does anyone have the quote where LE says something about the "last thing they'll see before they go to sleep", referring to those who have seen the video?

*Paraphrasing

HERE YOU GO:

"German had the presence of mind to hit record on her phone and because of that, police were not only able to release still frames of the suspect but an audio clip too.

“She did it. She did it, and one day I’m going to thank her,” said Carter.

But first, police need your help identifying the person or persons who did this to Libby and Abby. The recording was longer than what has been released.

Police won’t release anymore to protect the integrity of the investigation,
but they’ve seen the video and likely won’t be able to stop thinking about it.“Imagine what that must be like, it’s generally and very likely will be one of the last things these ladies and gentleman see for the rest of their lives before they go to sleep,” said Carter."

No, LE did not say "stuff of nightmares" but I surmise it came from a news cast probably paraphrasing the statement above.

http://wlfi.com/2017/02/22/delphi-te...ads-to-arrest/

The part of the video where the officer speaks these words starts at around 1:25. HTH

Over the last 30 something threads, a few of us have asked what if? What if they didn't have the audio and video/still pictures? IMO the property owner is not RG but, without RG, the property owner looks good for some type of crime. They are looking at him hard, IMO. I'm on the fence about his involvement but wanted to bring this to forefront for another angle. IMO

38 threads and losing viewers daily.

-At this point I really don't think it matters why Libby started filming the BG. The fact is, she did.

-I don't think it matters what "down the hill" meant. It was recorded and that's that.

-RL, the property owner is being held on probation violation. Sleuth away but that too is fact.

-It's been shown on previous threads that the bridge is 60' high and one does not need to squint or zoom to see objects below.

So much more I could go on about. This is not to offend in any way but to ask if anyone can think of other avenues to sleuth as this merry go round is running out of steam.

I suppose without more information to go on, there's not a lot left to do but wait and see what LE says next. :sigh:

Edit to add the TN teacher was in class the day the girls went missing IIRC--someone posted that info many threads back.

At this point, I feel like everything is just going around and around in circles. Our theories have now sprouted theories. Until we get some kind of new information, I think everything is pretty much at a standstill. I generally enjoy theorizing and reading into evidence and hearing new ideas, but after thousands of posts I don't feel any closer to solving this than I felt at the beginning. In fact, I think the waters just got muddier.

I have a feeling that when this is all said and done and we know the truth, that it's going to be something very simple-something so obvious that we won't believe that we missed it. Or something that we couldn't have solved because we were missing crucial bits of information. For instance, we'll learn that it was one of the girls' uncles and that LE knew it all along because right after "go down the hill" you can hear one of the girls say,"Okay Uncle Bob!" Or whatever.

I HOPE LE knows a lot more than they're saying. I HOPE they are simply building their case to ensure it's airtight. This is one case, however, that I need to step back from. It's actually keeping me up at night. FWIW, though, it is good to see so many people here on WS keeping the girls in mind and putting THEM first. I've seen so many other blogs and stuff where the theorizing has actually demonized the girls and the rumor mill has not been kind. At least here on WS the girls come first, and everything we do is to bring justice to them.

You're wonderful!!! Here it is! Some of these sleuthers deserve a promotion, IMHO.

“Imagine what that must be like, it’s generally and very likely will be one of the last things these ladies and gentleman see for the rest of their lives before they go to sleep,” said Carter."
"see". Makes me wonder all over again.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

I encourage yall to check out the scanner thread in the basement.

38 threads and losing viewers daily.

-At this point I really don't think it matters why Libby started filming the BG. The fact is, she did.

-I don't think it matters what "down the hill" meant. It was recorded and that's that.

-RL, the property owner is being held on probation violation. Sleuth away but that too is fact.

-It's been shown on previous threads that the bridge is 60' high and one does not need to squint or zoom to see objects below.

So much more I could go on about. This is not to offend in any way but to ask if anyone can think of other avenues to sleuth as this merry go round is running out of steam.

I suppose without more information to go on, there's not a lot left to do but wait and see what LE says next. :sigh:

Edit to add the TN teacher was in class the day the girls went missing IIRC--someone posted that info many threads back.

I really appreciate this and wish it could be posted at the top of every page. It would answer a lot of the questions that come up over and over and over.

I would add to it that LE has released what he is wearing and this whole discussion of two hats, knifes, guns showing etc is moot IMO as I believe LE would have told us if he had any other clothing/identifiable logos etc.

The horses we've been beating are way beyond dead..I hope that we can come up with some fresh concepts but without more info I think we are pretty stuck and left spinning in circles. The scanner thread has given me new hope, new info to ruminate over.

What the heckin' heck?

Maybe to a rehab or other health related place? That's all I can think of. I would think (I really have no idea just guessing) that if it were to another detention center they would have listed it. Unless he is under protection maybe? But couldn't they just protect him in a private cell? They've been bouncing ol' RL around quite a bit it seems.

Every answer just brings more questions.
MOO!
This whole aspect of this case is interesting. I was just thinking this morning that for someone who at his age, as far as we know, has never spent more than a night in jail (if that), he is probably not doing well psychologically. Top that off with other prisoners wondering if he really did murder those girls, and it's even worse for him. If LE is counting on him being around for an eventual trial, whether as witness or perp, they're likely to have placed him somewhere that is very secure and not horribly stressful. And if he is still holding out on some information, then it's a safe bet that LE wants him alive. MOO!
One or two hours of evil actions on the part of whoever murdered those girls, and the ripple effects of suffering spread out far and wide.

HERE YOU GO:

"German had the presence of mind to hit record on her phone and because of that, police were not only able to release still frames of the suspect but an audio clip too.

“She did it. She did it, and one day I’m going to thank her,” said Carter.

But first, police need your help identifying the person or persons who did this to Libby and Abby. The recording was longer than what has been released.

Police won’t release anymore to protect the integrity of the investigation,
but they’ve seen the video and likely won’t be able to stop thinking about it.“Imagine what that must be like, it’s generally and very likely will be one of the last things these ladies and gentleman see for the rest of their lives before they go to sleepsaid Carter."

No, LE did not say "stuff of nightmares" but I surmise it came from a news cast probably paraphrasing the statement above.

http://wlfi.com/2017/02/22/delphi-te...ads-to-arrest/

The part of the video where the officer speaks these words starts at around 1:25. HTH

c7c07bb23995cc273694d78d2bcc30f7.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members