IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #38

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I assume you are referencing the other RL, which is the only other source I can think of who surmised something similar. It may be he got back on here with a different user name to post more vile theories he wants to be real. Don't know. it was a creepy morning, for sure.

No, not RL. Just things I've read elsewhere as comments on articles, etc.

A couple days ago there was some confusion whether RL was still in the Carroll County Jail. When VINELink was checked, they were no longer offering you the option to register for notification for him if he was going to be released or transferred. I thought that was very strange because I am no stranger to VINELink because of some stuff that is happening in my personal life. My hinky meter was going off big time. Fox news checked on his status yesterday per a request....<br>
attachment.php
<br>
<br>
Well I went ahead and checked this morning...........He is NOT in Carroll County jail any longer<br>
<br>
Alias: LOGAN, RONALD E.<br>
Offender Name: LOGAN, RONALD EUGENE<br>
Custody Status: Transferred<br>
Race: White<br>
Contact Facility: Carroll County Jail<br>
Registration for notification is not currently available for this offender.<br>
More Info<br>
Offender Name: LOGAN, RONALD EUGENE<br>
Custody Status: Transferred<br>
Race: White<br>
Contact Facility: Carroll County Jail

He's pretty old (I'm older), and I hope he isn't in hospital. LE might not want to announce that to the public.

Some reference info I'm pulling together:

Sun, Feb 19 The man in the image previously released is officially named as "the main suspect." Sgt. Tony Slocum said that “the totality of the evidence” so far led authorities to the conclusion that he’s a suspect. (Ref)

"During the course of the investigation, preliminary evidence has led investigators to believe the person, in the distributed photo, is suspected of having participated in the murders of Abigail Williams and Liberty German," said Indiana State Police in a press release. (Ref)

The photo appears to depict a white male wearing blue jeans, a blue coat/jacket, and a hoodie. (Ref)

Slocum said the photo likely is grainy because it is cropped from a larger image taken Feb. 13 at the same time that the girls were hiking the trails east of the city. (Ref)

(Tony Slocam interview in March transcribed): “…And people say, hey, why don’t you enhance the photo?’ Well, we have. It’s a photo, a still image that we’ve created, as we talked a little bit earlier, from Liberty’s phone, it’s a video, so we made a picture out of it.’ (Ref, ~12:45)

Mon, Feb 20 Police are not limiting the search for a killer to just Carroll County. "We're just expanded our search to anybody who saw anything," Indiana State Police Kim Riley said, explaining that at the time it might not have seemed suspicious at the time. A hitchhiker along the Hoosier Heartland Highway, a person walking along a county road or highway, Riley said as he explained what they were looking for as they look to nearby communities for tips. "We want to look at any aspect of what somebody might have seen," Riley said, adding that if someone saw a person throwing away a backpack, they'd be interested in tracking that down, too. Police believe the man in the photo killed 14-year-old Liberty German and 13-year-old Abigail Williams on Feb. 13 near the Monon High Bridge in Delphi. That would include something out of the ordinary in nearby communities such as Logansport or Kokomo, he said. (Ref)

Tues, Feb 21 Indiana State Police warn against sharing inaccurate information regarding the case on social media. Sketches of a supposed suspect were quickly spreading online, but police said the pictures were not released by officials and should be ignored. Only the photos previously released should be shared. (Ref)

Police dispatchers say they've received close to 1,000 calls with tips related to the case. Delphi is covered in pink and green ribbons to honor the girls. (Ref)

Yes, if it's who I'm thinking of his saying he "worked with" the FBI probably literally means he called in a tip, based on rumor or speculation. The guy sounded several clowns short of a circus.

He definitely is! But that's not what I was referring to. Not trying to be vague. There are just other sites that aren't as intentional about integrity as WS and rumors/stories people heard are allowed.

Quote Originally Posted by MistyM
i was thinking it could be someone who felt very powerful, so could have been some sort of 'enforcer' type. but then i look at his overall appearance and he seems more just like a 'creepy old guy' and that makes more sense to me of why they even took the video of him, maybe to show their friends.

a 'creepy old guy'

To me and MOO he does not look like a creepy old guy.
He's a guy walking across the bridge..
I also think they saw him doing something and felt the need to capture it.

walking across the bridge.

The word "old" being used is in subjective context. By ex., I am young. Children make me feel younger, not older. My father is old in years. It's honestly my heart that is young as I am really almost, but not quite, old as dirt. That old dirt is dried on my oldest shoes purchased by my old man. How's that?

Keep in mind that Liberty was just a little girl, by having celebrated her 14th birthday in December.
Liberty was age 13 years and almost three months old. Right?

a 'creepy old guy' walking across the bridge.

Wed, Feb 22 Nationwide interest in the case spikes when audio captured on German's phone is released at a press conference. "Down the hill," a man's voice is heard saying. A $41,000 reward is offered for information leading to an arrest. The FBI says at least 20 agents are now working the case on any given day. (Ref)

Police say Libby started recording video on her phone, but they won't give many more details than that. They wouldn't say the length of the video, when she started recording, what else is heard or if there is any usable video along with it, but they do say there is more to it. (Ref)

ISP Sgt. Tony Slocum called German a hero for turning on her phone's video camera in time to record her assailant. ‘This young lady is a hero, there’s no doubt," he said. "To have enough presence of mind to activate that video system on her cellphone, to record what we believe is criminal behavior that's about to occur.’ (Ref)

Police won’t release anymore to protect the integrity of the investigation, but they’ve seen the video and likely won’t be able to stop thinking about it. ‘Imagine what that must be like, it’s generally and very likely will be one of the last things these ladies and gentleman see for the rest of their lives before they go to sleep,’ said Carter. (Ref)

A source familiar with the investigation described the full cell phone recording as ‘the stuff of nightmares.’ (Ref)

Fri, Feb 24 Sgt Tony Slocum, Indiana State Police Interview (transcribed): ‘This young lady is a hero, to have the presence of mind to make sure she’s activating a video system on this phone in order to capture that voice.’ …‘Hopefully someone will recognize that voice and to me, it appears they are saying, down the hill, down the hill, like they’re directing the young ladies where to go. It sounds like it might even be a little exasperated, like he had told them to do that before, and they weren’t quite listening, and he’s telling them to do it.’ (Ref)

Me too. I no way was I offended. No way.

I've read the comments here about the quoted line "treating it as a double homicide" and at first was confused by what your concerns ever were. I am understanding the implications now, I think (I am in the minority in the world, as one who is exposed to virtually no social media of the FB/Twitter kind.) I just want to share that I heard those words completely and 100% as "we do not at the outset believe this to be accidental." I interpreted it as a statement by LE that they were wasting no time in opening a murder investigation, as opposed to exploring the possibilities of an accident. MOO

This has been unsolved long enough that I'd like to try something different, and I hope that everyone here will pitch in and add to the list.

I believe there is a possibility that the person who did this also murdered Lyric Cook and Elizabeth Collins in Evansdale Iowa on July 13, 2012. If we could make a list of facts that are common in both sets of murders, that might help us understand the man behind this. I'll start the list:

• two girls aged 8 and 10, and two other girls aged 13 and 14, abducted five years apart
  • both occurred on the 13th day of the month: Friday July 13, 2012 and Monday, Feb 13, 2017
  • girls were at local parks, but in an area where they were separated from other visitors
  • girl's bodies were found 50 feet from a slow river
  • at least one of each set of girls was an avid online communicator
  • at least one of each set lived part time with a grandparent
  • body locations are fishing/hunting/outdoorsman spots
  • body locations suggest that the suspect has a familiarity with the area surrounding the park
  • two set of girls have similar body types
  • State Rd 218 exists very close to both murders, perhaps less than a mile from 4 lane highways
  • both tiny rural towns.
  • Small, inexperienced (in major crimes) police force
  • Crimes both occurred in daylight hours (afternoon)
  • "Bridges" exist at both locations.
  • Weichman Pig dealing operations exist in both areas.
  • Adding dates of birthdays and years may add up to 32 depending on how you do it. The number has a lot of negativity to it from history.
  • Transco Railway products/services exist at both locations or very close (Logansport).
  • "Rails to Trails" is an active org in both locations.
  • Trails are located at both Monon High Bridge in Delphi and Meyers Lake in Evansdale (Evansdale Nature Trail/Cedar Valley Nature Trail)
  • Geocaches hidden at Monon High Bridge, Meyers Lake and Seven Bridges
  • The dates are also mirror images ... 7.13.12 and 2.13.17

I believe both are fairly close to meat packing places
    With the Iowa case, everyone assumed that it was someone local, but the fact that their bodies were found 20 miles away at Seven Bridges Park suggests that someone knows the bigger fishing and hunting geography.

IMO, you need to look for a link between Iowa and Indiana with a particular person. Not wanting anyone to go on a witch hunt, by any means, by saying that.

He's pretty old (I'm older), and I hope he isn't in hospital. LE might not want to announce that to the public.

Dadgum, Teedie! You look GOOD! Pirateering suits you, baby! <3 :blushing::drumroll:

Ok- I had never read anything like that before. It was sick, and gets sicker the more I think about it. Thanks for responding.

Indeed! It's hard not to think about it. It was the first I'd heard of anything like that. But I'm gonna try to scratch all of it from my mind. I want to keep an open mind here and not be swayed by someone's perverse attempt at attention.

:fence::daisy::grouphug:

Mon feb 20

Riley said if anyone saw someone throw away a backpack. In so may words. Unless there is more that they saw in the image of suspect having one(which can't see) then maybe the girls had one. Being the 20th i guess it hadn't been found. Jmo

Some reference info I'm pulling together:

Sun, Feb 19 The man in the image previously released is officially named as "the main suspect." Sgt. Tony Slocum said that “the totality of the evidence” so far led authorities to the conclusion that he’s a suspect. (Ref)

"During the course of the investigation, preliminary evidence has led investigators to believe the person, in the distributed photo, is suspected of having participated in the murders of Abigail Williams and Liberty German," said Indiana State Police in a press release. (Ref)

The photo appears to depict a white male wearing blue jeans, a blue coat/jacket, and a hoodie. (Ref)

Slocum said the photo likely is grainy because it is cropped from a larger image taken Feb. 13 at the same time that the girls were hiking the trails east of the city. (Ref)

(Tony Slocam interview in March transcribed): “…And people say, hey, why don’t you enhance the photo?’ Well, we have. It’s a photo, a still image that we’ve created, as we talked a little bit earlier, from Liberty’s phone, it’s a video, so we made a picture out of it.’ (Ref, ~12:45)

Mon, Feb 20 Police are not limiting the search for a killer to just Carroll County. "We're just expanded our search to anybody who saw anything," Indiana State Police Kim Riley said, explaining that at the time it might not have seemed suspicious at the time. A hitchhiker along the Hoosier Heartland Highway, a person walking along a county road or highway, Riley said as he explained what they were looking for as they look to nearby communities for tips. "We want to look at any aspect of what somebody might have seen," Riley said, adding that if someone saw a person throwing away a backpack, they'd be interested in tracking that down, too. Police believe the man in the photo killed 14-year-old Liberty German and 13-year-old Abigail Williams on Feb. 13 near the Monon High Bridge in Delphi. That would include something out of the ordinary in nearby communities such as Logansport or Kokomo, he said. (Ref)

Tues, Feb 21 Indiana State Police warn against sharing inaccurate information regarding the case on social media. Sketches of a supposed suspect were quickly spreading online, but police said the pictures were not released by officials and should be ignored. Only the photos previously released should be shared. (Ref)

Police dispatchers say they've received close to 1,000 calls with tips related to the case. Delphi is covered in pink and green ribbons to honor the girls. (Ref)

Remember the post a couple of weeks ago by an online friend of one of the girls' family members? I am not going to search to link to it, because Tapatalk is so crash-happy when I try to view too many pages. However, she said the family member had been told that LE had their eye on someone, and it would be brought to a close soon. They were just gathering evidence. If that's true (BIG "if"), it would support your contention that people might have recognized him in Delphi.

RSO
Respectfully Snipped Opinion

:giggle: Tapatalk is so crash-happy :giggle:

On touchscreen devices, try pulling down the screen gently from the very top of the screen, so you can view and close unwanted open tabs. It helps to keep crashing at a minimum.

she said the family member had been told that LE had their eye on someone, and it would be brought to a close soon

The dismantling of the BG Monon High Bridge Strike Force that was assembled in Delphi was diminished significantly, on yesterday, as we may witness by Monday. RL is in protective custody. Gathered and submitted evidence testing will take a couple of weeks. Those results are critical.

Emoji of "Rechecking List" and "Looking it up" :thinking:

This has been unsolved long enough that I'd like to try something different, and I hope that everyone here will pitch in and add to the list.

I believe there is a possibility that the person who did this also murdered Lyric Cook and Elizabeth Collins in Evansdale Iowa on July 13, 2012. If we could make a list of facts that are common in both sets of murders, that might help us understand the man behind this. I'll start the list:

• two girls aged 8 and 10, and two other girls aged 13 and 14, abducted five years apart
  • both occurred on the 13th day of the month: Friday July 13, 2012 and Monday, Feb 13, 2017
  • girls were at local parks, but in an area where they were separated from other visitors
  • girl's bodies were found 50 feet from a slow river
  • at least one of each set of girls was an avid online communicator
  • at least one of each set lived part time with a grandparent
  • body locations are fishing/hunting/outdoorsman spots
  • body locations suggest that the suspect has a familiarity with the area surrounding the park
  • two set of girls have similar body types
  • State Rd 218 exists very close to both murders, perhaps less than a mile from 4 lane highways
  • both tiny rural towns.
  • Small, inexperienced (in major crimes) police force
  • Crimes both occurred in daylight hours (afternoon)
  • "Bridges" exist at both locations.
  • Weichman Pig dealing operations exist in both areas.
  • Adding dates of birthdays and years may add up to 32 depending on how you do it. The number has a lot of negativity to it from history.
  • Transco Railway products/services exist at both locations or very close (Logansport).
  • "Rails to Trails" is an active org in both locations.
  • Trails are located at both Monon High Bridge in Delphi and Meyers Lake in Evansdale (Evansdale Nature Trail/Cedar Valley Nature Trail)
  • Geocaches hidden at Monon High Bridge, Meyers Lake and Seven Bridges
  • The dates are also mirror images ... 7.13.12 and 2.13.17

I believe both are fairly close to meat packing places
    With the Iowa case, everyone assumed that it was someone local, but the fact that their bodies were found 20 miles away at Seven Bridges Park suggests that someone knows the bigger fishing and hunting geography.

That's a very good list, Otto.

There's also: both happened when school was not in session (summer vacation, day off)
Similar facially: many people have commented that Libby and Abbie look a lot like Lizzie and Lyric grown up

WOW - All these people browsing this thread, and still nothing.

RBIBM [Respectful Bold Italics By Me]
Mon feb 20

Riley said if anyone saw someone throw away a backpack. In so may words. Unless there is more that they saw in the image of suspect having one(which can't see) then maybe the girls had one. Being the 20th i guess it hadn't been found. Jmo

Which gives rise to the query of why the specific item? Were LE informed of a backpack by family seven days later or after the funerals? Why toss a backpack if it belonged to one of the girls and not just force her to drop it asap?

Abby is not seen carrying a backpack in her sweet photo. Is it natural for Liberty to carry a backpack on a two hour hike in Delphi at High Bridge? Was a backpack recovered during the searches conducted since 02/20/2017?
Add that onto our list of unknown variables.

IMO, you need to look for a link between Iowa and Indiana with a particular person. Not wanting anyone to go on a witch hunt, by any means, by saying that.

IMO you (general) can't conclude this crime is/will remain unsolved just because the police haven't announced a suspect or anyone in custody.

RBIBM [Respectful Bold Italics By Me]

Which gives rise to the query of why the specific item? Were LE informed of a backpack by family seven days later or after the funerals? Why toss a backpack if it belonged to one of the girls and not just force her to drop it asap?

Abby is not seen carrying a backpack in her sweet photo. Is it natural for Liberty to carry a backpack on a two hour hike in Delphi at High Bridge? Was a backpack recovered during the searches conducted since 02/20/2017?
Add that onto our list of unknown variables.

I brought up the backpack about 3 times now because it has not really been talked about much and I'm very curious about it as well. I really wish LE would release more info

I have to say... the fact that the FBI and perhaps other jurisdictions have backed away- tells me they may be closer to BG than further away. We just don't know and this is just my HO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just noticed there are currently 177 users browsing this thread. (64 members and 113 guests). Praying for justice!!

I brought up the backpack about 3 times now because it has not really been talked about much and I'm very curious about it as well. I really wish LE would release more info

Maybe the backpack, if there is a backpack, was found in a sweep of the area or seized in a search warrant. Maybe it was recovered in a trash can in another city. Maybe there never was a backpack, or if there was it will never be recovered.

It's useful for me to remember I don't know what I don't know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay