IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #41

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ha! You would make a very good attorney for the defense.

:thinking:

If this man had been convicted of murder, I would be all over him. However, that is not the case. This man was unfortunate enough to have to children murdered on his rural acreage. That, combined with a history of drinking and driving, placed him in the position where he very likely had to reveal a probation violation. That, in my opinion, led to his arrest and to the world wide web speculating that he is a child murderer.

From a sleuthing perspective, it's important to listen to the information that is provided by investigators. I have read several posts commenting on how little information has been released, but in reality, what difference does it make if people don't accept the information that has been released.

Police have said that he is not a suspect, but that has made no difference.

Upon looking around for information last night, I realized I had a handful of mutual friends on FB in connection with the girls. Such a small world, I had no idea. I kind of just sat there for a moment realizing how we were silently connected. Humbling, I pray for answers every day. May today be the day ❤

6 degrees of separation.

ok so I have been doing some research and IMO there is a serious issue in IN with missing children.. 61 missing children dating back to 1979 and 32 from 2016 and now 6 so far in 2017 ??? WOW this is very scary IMHO .. Yes there is more but some were found or were labeled as runaways and some were family abductions such as a noncustodial parent.. I find these numbers very alarming and IMO think its safe to say there is a serious issue at hand.. There was a girl who posted that in just the first 45 days of 2017 that 179 children from IN had went missing ?? A local news reporter looked into her claim in fear that there could be a sex trafficking ring or a SK ?? IMO this is very scary and there is definitely an issue with kids missing in this state ?? I would love to know what you guys think of this and its all just IMO of course..

65 in North Carolina dating back to 1962, 6 of those are unidentified remains.

Thanks for posting this, just saw it. Not a picture of the cs from the bridge, but the reverse is fine.

That image has messed with my head, it's possibly true, but it's not the part of the Bridge over deer creek but the bridge on the south side of the creek, the land on the south side is low, as we have seen that there is a road that travels under it to the one residence. Jmo

From Rich Van Wyk's Twitter back on Feb 14; his pic gives me feelings of dread when I enlarge it.
I wonder if BG had binoculars.

The caption was a view of the Monon High Bridge from the crime scene
https://twitter.com/VanwykWTHR

attachment.php

Thanks.
And what, among many other things, totally baffles me is the fact that the killer apparently didn't care that there was no leafs on any of the trees which or course mean that anyone around could see a LONG way through the trees/woods were he abducted and probably murdered thise to young girls. (with "probably" I ment that we, so far, do not know for sure where the killer murdered the girls, we only know for sure that he left their bodies there by the creek)
I just dont get it! how could he be sure none was nearby and saw it all ?

Hear hear otto, Hear hear. Jmo

If this man had been convicted of murder, I would be all over him. However, that is not the case. This man was unfortunate enough to have to children murdered on his rural acreage. That, combined with a history of drinking and driving, placed him in the position where he very likely had to reveal a probation violation. That, in my opinion, led to his arrest and to the world wide web speculating that he is a child murderer.

From a sleuthing perspective, it's important to listen to the information that is provided by investigators. I have read several posts commenting on how little information has been released, but in reality, what difference does it make if people don't accept the information that has been released.

Police have said that he is not a suspect, but that has made no difference.

Upon looking around for information last night, I realized I had a handful of mutual friends on FB in connection with the girls. Such a small world, I had no idea. I kind of just sat there for a moment realizing how we were silently connected. Humbling, I pray for answers every day. May today be the day ❤

Connected...

I was down in Edinburg, IN a couple of days ago. I went to the river to take some pics of the dam and there were 2 gorgeous purple ribbons, one on each handrail leading down to the river. I assumed they were in memory of the girls.

Picture of Monon High Bridge for reference.
b13da9e7f58cde76e5eb4cf6f8850ca9.jpg

Thanks, I keep wondering why they don't have side rails on that bridge. I would NOT walk across it, I have a problem with heights anyway, but even more so when it's narrow and rickety. Those girls were much braver than I. :scared:

This is NOT a suspect in the Delphi murder case.
This is a suspect in a Oklahoma double murder case, he was in costedy already in January 2017, so he could NOT be concidered a suspect in this case.

However I was thinking that his jacket could possibly be identical with the jacket BG was wearing
and the reason I believe that is due to the Oklahoma suspect's big white lettering on his jacket at the upper side of the chest, which IMO could fit the odd white formation, at the upper side of the chest, on BGs jaket.

suspect-identified-as-heath-haney.jpg

suspect.jpg

Does anyone know if a thermal imaging plane was used in the initial search on 2/13/17?

If you had strong ones it would be hard to look down like that on a bridge and walk fast. Judging distance and strength of boards at that angle would pose a problem. I actually used to measure for the glasses and cut the lenses. I know what I am talking about. I was a optical technician and then worked my way through college for my other degree. 250 or more he would have problem..

Sorry but I am right on this one...

Some problems with HD progressive lenses occur when walking up and down stairs. Since the reading correction is at the bottom, the stairs may seem like they bounce.

You should always point your head and chin at what you are looking at...

Doctors recommend becoming a “head-turner” as opposed to an “eye-mover” when wearing progressive lenses. Lower your eyes, not your head, when reading. Don’t look through the sides of the glasses, as peripheral vision is distorted through PALS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I agree with you all, however we really have no idea what the strength of his eyeglasses are. Also, whatever the strength, it posed zero hindrance to him going down the hill in his "rough terrain" while showing the reporter around.
Just saying. JMO.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Could someone explain how volunteer searches are usually conducted? How many people (roughly) are in each group. How they would have searched RLs land. How would they mark where they have searched since it's quite large so they or others didn't re-search same spot?

Just curious on how this would have been conducted

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That image has messed with my head, it's possibly true, but it's not the part of the Bridge over deer creek but the bridge on the south side of the creek, the land on the south side is low, as we have seen that there is a road that travels under it to the one residence. Jmo

The bridge in the distance of that photo is the Freedom Bridge? And the old railroad bridge is the Monon High Bridge, if I've got that correct.

"Tuesday afternoon, after the girls’ bodies were found 50 to 60 feet from the bank of Deer Creek, about a half-mile east of Freedom Bridge and the Hoosier Heartland Highway, Sal Forner parked at a set of barricades blocking Old State Road 25 just off East Main Street. He’d come from Logansport, 20 miles to the northeast, to take the Monon High Bridge Trail."
http://www.jconline.com/story/opini...tlight-delphi-trail-after-homicides/97953648/

Thanks.
And what, among many other things, totally baffles me is the fact that the killer apparently didn't care that there was no leafs on any of the trees which or course mean that anyone around could see a LONG way through the trees/woods were he abducted and probably murdered thise to young girls. (with "probably" I ment that we, so far, do not know for sure where the killer murdered the girls, we only know for sure that he left their bodies there by the creek)
I just dont get it! how could he be sure none was nearby and saw it all ?

It is still a distance away and the trees ( lots of younger trees) are dense IMO. I just posted the google link:

http://bit.ly/2nzuQkr

Also, folks on the bridge are most likely focusing on not falling off (..) rather than watching the scenery IMO. That could mean, that either there was not a lot of noise, which would definitely draw attention, or the victims were taken somewhere else.

All IMO

-Nin

Thanks, I keep wondering why they don't have side rails on that bridge. I would NOT walk across it, I have a problem with heights anyway, but even more so when it's narrow and rickety. Those girls were much braver than I. :scared:

I agree that I could never go across that bridge. I have recurring nightmares of stairs with no sides or missing treads. When we had our second story balcony rebuilt, I refused to go out on it until the railings were in place, even though it is 10x12' or something like that. I would not put my foot out the door. My fear of heights and walking where something that is open with no side rails has gotten worse as I get older. I wonder if I would have done it at their age? Maybe.

I have seen it explained that the bridge is a no trespassing zone and people aren't supposed to go on it but they do. I guess the no trespassing signs and the small barriers are enough to protect the owners from liability. If I understand the railroad gave over the property to Delphi but I have only read that by posters here, locals, I believe but I never went to any links if they were posted.

So take this all as MOO.

I think we can all agree that we want the killer(s) found.

Could someone explain how volunteer searches are usually conducted? How many people (roughly) are in each group. How they would have searched RLs land. How would they mark where they have searched since it's quite large so they or others didn't re-search same spot?

Just curious on how this would have been conducted

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think the search party was somewhat unorganized...just moo but they are saying the neighbor found the girls. I think the crime scene might of been contaminated... I think it is plausible that he may have touched the girls...

I wonder??!?

This would cause some problems that we are seeing now...

I agree with you all, however we really have no idea what the strength of his eyeglasses are. Also, whatever the strength, it posed zero hindrance to him going down the hill in his "rough terrain" while showing the reporter around.
Just saying. JMO.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

He was very familiar with that area...It was his land. Look at his glasses how thick they are in close up side view of his face in that one video.
He has poor vision and probably some Macular Degeneration at his age.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members