IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #41

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going off in a different direction. JMOO Maybe I've been at it too long. Not sure.

I've read all threads, all posts. If I remember correctly, I've read it more than once, that one of the girls had an opportunity to get away. Instead, she chose to stay with her friend. Because she loved her, because they were inseparable. Heartbreaking. Just heartbreaking. May God have mercy on all of us seeking to find the answers here.

Maybe LE knows this from the recording, I'm not sure where exactly this info came from. My device and internet speed is in no condition to root through the vast amount of threats, posts, etc, for this particular comment( s)

Where I'm going- - - if it is true that one had the opportunity to leave, that seems to me to mean that the other girl was targeted. Does that seem too weird to contemplate? So, the other girl was the sole target? The other had the opportunity to leave, but didnt. If that's true, that means the man didn't care if the other girl left, didn't care that she was going to run for help, didn't care that she could ID him and be a perfect witness.

Why would the man not be afraid to let her go? Not be afraid to be identified?

I am not passing judgement on the girl who could have gotten away, but chose to stay. Never would I. My heart breaks for these girls and their families.

What I'm getting at, what could be the circumstance that this murderer would have allowed the other girl to get away? This has never made any sense to me.

Anyone?

Thanks in advance for helping me get a perspective or insight here.

Going back to the audio recording, if there is more on that recording....and IF the girls had recognized their attacker I would have maybe expected them to use his name and maybe plead and ask him why he was doing what he was doing.

SBM

I know lots of people from my neighborhood, but I know the names of just a few of them. Maybe that was the case for A&L too.

In a situation like this--one that must have been terrifying--I'm amazed that Libby was able to think clearly enough to everything she did. I doubt I could have maintained even a fraction of her composure.

And even if the thought had occurred to her to use the person's name if she did know it, she might have felt that it would have been too risky to do so.

The more I read here, the more I am convinced that the video image will not be useful in court. Just too, too poor an indentifier. Jmo

I am greatly disappointed that posters believe RL had anything to do with these murders.
Third DUI charges are considered felony charges and felons must submit DNA.
RL would have been required to submit DNA.
Have any of you ever thought that someone entered his home while he was gone and was afraid to report it as he would be in violation of probation if h admitted to be out of his county?

Very interesting!
I know laws vary state to state, are you sure the law in Indiana is third DUI is a felony and DNA is submitted?
If so, that makes this VERY interesting!

So are you saying these 2 pictures were taken from the same place on the bridge looking the same direction?

attachment.php

attachment.php

Hi ocgrad. Yes but actually the new picture is further from the bridge entrance than where Abby's photo is taken from.

You can see where Abby would be on the new picture: Note the trees on the right. The first bright tree is a tree that Abby had not reached yet. Becausse of the angle you cannot see the tree over Abby's right shoulder. But further down you see a tree with a large brown round bush at the base and you can also see that tree in the picture of Abby. And the platform on the left is where Libby is theoretically standing when she took the picture. Note that on the left of the picture you can see the water with the sandbar in the middle. That also verifies that we are looking back towards the northwest entrance.

So you can see that this picture is even farther away and you can see that there are people at the end easily,without even enlarging it. HTH

Attachments

• brightenedabby.jpg
    brightenedabby.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 473
  • 26054159073_517bb22e22_c.jpg
    26054159073_517bb22e22_c.jpg
    324.5 KB · Views: 479
Do you mean SA automatically falls under the FBI's jurisdiction or specifically a SA caught on audio or video would be their jurisdiction. I'd have to look but IIRC one of the only things the FBI had concurrent jurisdiction with local authorities is kidnapping cases, due to the Lindbergh Law.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Specifically one caught on video or film.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Exactly-- he looks very comfortable on those tracks, as if he'd been on them many times before. Walking on the right side would come automatically to him, no matter that he could lose his balance and fall. You'd think a newbie or a visitor to that area would instinctively walk in the center. That's what I would do as I'm not from Delphi and have never actually walked on train tracks that are elevated.

Excellent observation. I had not even thought about what side he was walking on.

Edit to add...he is also comfortable enought to walk on one side and not down the middle. The other videos people have made show them walking down the middle. Very good point!

I'm going off in a different direction. JMOO Maybe I've been at it too long. Not sure.

I've read all threads, all posts. If I remember correctly, I've read it more than once, that one of the girls had an opportunity to get away. Instead, she chose to stay with her friend. Because she loved her, because they were inseparable. Heartbreaking. Just heartbreaking. May God have mercy on all of us seeking to find the answers here.

Maybe LE knows this from the recording, I'm not sure where exactly this info came from. My device and internet speed is in no condition to root through the vast amount of threats, posts, etc, for this particular comment( s)

Where I'm going- - - if it is true that one had the opportunity to leave, that seems to me to mean that the other girl was targeted. Does that seem too weird to contemplate? So, the other girl was the sole target? The other had the opportunity to leave, but didnt. If that's true, that means the man didn't care if the other girl left, didn't care that she was going to run for help, didn't care that she could ID him and be a perfect witness.

I am not passing judgement on the girl who could have gotten away, but chose to stay. Never would I. My heart breaks for these girls and their families.

What I'm getting at, what could be the circumstance that this murderer would have allowed the other girl to get away? This has never made any sense to me.

Anyone?

Possibilities IMOO:

(1) He used a knife held to one girl (not a gun), perhaps providing other girl to flee.

(2) Both girls started running, he caught up with one. But how would LE know this? Leads me to suspect one perp only.

(3) The two girls were apart at the time of initial capture.

Ok folks, here's something I think LE should have said when asking people to look at the photo of BG (and I really don't remember anyone mentioning this but let me know if I am wrong)...

He is comfortable IN HIGH PLACES

He may have walked this bridge MANY TIMES

He is walking with his hands in his pockets and appears to be generating a good stride.

Take a look at this video of the girls' friends paying tribute. Go to apx. the 1:31 mark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-2sueSXqys&list=PLaISItFub4isafa1BO5LAQmgAxpzTNNP6

And for everyone who thinks BG is RL, let's find a way to confirm whether or not (not rumor either) he was afraid of heights or if he walked that bridge regularly.

Look closely at the girls crossing the bridge in the video. Where are THEIR hands? I propose we move away from trying to find whether or not BG and RL are wearing the same clothes. For me, the clincher here to who BG is, is who is confident and comfortable enough to walk that bridge and/or at least make it look like they are?

Yes!! I agree with your thinking. In an earlier thread I said that IMO BG was walking with purpose and determination, eyes down but in exactly the direction of the girls. A great observation that the friends in that clip had their hands out for balance or to hold onto each other for safety. IMO BG knew exactly what he was going to do already, and probably had adrenalin coursing through his veins - a possible reason that he seems to not be showing caution or hesitation. I don't know what this tells us exactly about BG, but possibly it may be an indication this was not the first time he had done this, or that he was enraged. IMO of course (If I had a drink for every time I said IMO I would be passed out by now. Cheers!)

From what I have read, most serial killers use a "blitz' style of attack to shock and control their victims. Two girls who might run away? The best weapon that will instill the most fear and guarantee cooperation of more than one person is a gun. Handgun that is concealable and easy to carry. My feeling is that he likely walked right up to them and at the last moment took it out and told them to do what he says or they're getting shot. MOO.

You can run, but you're going to get shot in the back. Knife is a close range weapon. Not effective in an outdoor situation where you can run. Gun is a perfect distance weapon.

Anyone?

GoGood point-- they didn't know his name and maybe they were simply too scared to even speak. He likely issued a few quick commands and wanted them to move quickly and quietly. No talking. Even when he says, "Down the hill," it sounds like he is trying to say it as quietly as possible.

SBM

I know lots of people from my neighborhood, but I know the names of just a few of them. Maybe that was the case for A&L too.

In a situation like this--one that must have been terrifying--I'm amazed that Libby was able to think clearly enough to everything she did. I doubt I could have maintained even a fraction of her composure.

And even if the thought had occurred to her to use the person's name if she did know it, she might have felt that it would have been too risky to do so.

Excellent observation. I had not even thought about what side he was walking on.

Edit to add...he is also comfortable enought to walk on one side and not down the middle. The other videos people have made show them walking down the middle. Very good point!

Yes thats an excellent observation......and is very telling IMO

Now see to me, he looks like he is very concentrated on his walking, as though he is not at ease :)

Yes thats an excellent observation......and is very telling IMO

So wouldn't the easiest way to eliminate a POI is to know if they are afraid of heights?

Wouldn't sleuthing that in some way be more telling than whether the clothes match someone elses or their hips or nose (no offense NIN because I am in awe of your work).

My point was merely to head in a different direction. This just seems to basic to me.

So how do we sleuth someone to determine this? :thinking:

Maybe-- but a fear of heights is not a guarantee in my opinion. I am deathly afraid of heights but only of certain heights. For example, I cannot ride roller coasters or go on zip-lines but I would be comfortable walking on that bridge.

So wouldn't the easiest way to eliminate a POI is to know if they are afraid of heights?

Wouldn't sleuthing that in some way be more telling than whether the clothes match someone elses or their hips or nose (no offense NIN because I am in awe of your work).

My point was merely to head in a different direction. This just seems to basic to me.

So how do we sleuth someone to determine this? :thinking:

I'm going off in a different direction. JMOO Maybe I've been at it too long. Not sure. I've read all threads, all posts. If I remember correctly, I've read it more than once, that one of the girls had an opportunity to get away. Instead, she chose to stay with her friend. Because she loved her, because they were inseparable. Heartbreaking. Just heartbreaking. May God have mercy on all of us seeking to find the answers here. Maybe LE knows this from the recording, I'm not sure where exactly this info came from. My device and internet speed is in no condition to root through the vast amount of threats, posts, etc, for this particular comment( s)Where I'm going- - - if it is true that one had the opportunity to leave, that seems to me to mean that the other girl was targeted. Does that seem too weird to contemplate? So, the other girl was the sole target? The other had the opportunity to leave, but didnt. If that's true, that means the man didn't care if the other girl left, didn't care that she was going to run for help, didn't care that she could ID him and be a perfect witness. Why would the man not be afraid to let her go? Not be afraid to be identified? I am not passing judgement on the girl who could have gotten away, but chose to stay. Never would I. My heart breaks for these girls and their families.What I'm getting at, what could be the circumstance that this murderer would have allowed the other girl to get away? This has never made any sense to me.Anyone? Thanks in advance for helping me get a perspective or insight here.
I think I know what you're asking something I've never thought about. I would definitely have to give that some thought. It's an interesting point ofview, and tragic.

So I found this myself. Yes. In Indiana the third DUI is a felony.

A third DUI conviction in Indiana within ten years is a felony. In the Indiana Code, the phrase "Operating While Intoxicated" (OWI) is used to describe driving under the influence (DUI). People charged with a DUI/OWI face administrative penalties and criminal penalties.
http://dui.drivinglaws.org/resources/third-offense-dui-indiana.htm

The more I read here, the more I am convinced that the video image will not be useful in court. Just too, too poor an indentifier. Jmo

And yet it seems clear enough to many here to find similarities to the PO.
Interesting how our minds work.
Many many threads ago people were convinced BG was a RSO. They were positive of the match and called in tips.
So what looks like a grainy picture to some apparently holds more detail for others.

I am in the camp that the features are too distorted to make out anything but a few basic observations.

JMO..I often tend to think a gun was used to subdue them, but not used in the actual murders. Reason being, Libby started recording when he was still a number of feet away (forget actually how far) and not right up on them. They were closer to the end of the bridge/land then he was and as he got closer they could have ran..I think it would have been harder for him to run still being on that bridge, until he got off it..which would possibly have given them time to get a decent amt of distance away from him. A gun would have given him the ability to subdue them even if there was some distance between them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snoopysnoop