IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #41

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would theorize that feeling like you are being targeted by being arrested on a probation violation, and probably then being asked some very pointed questions would make many people in that situation to feel threatened and stop cooperating with LE......MOO

I would think I wouldn't stop cooperating no matter what but we don't know how nasty the interrogations have gotten. I would think though that if there's nothing to hide there's nothing to hide. But there is such a thing known as tunnel vision and people being wrongly accused.

I do think that LE wants the correct the perp behind bars.

He was cooperating until he was arrested for a probation violation. His atty told him to zip it as he should.

Now LE said in a video RL was not cooperating...why not? I'd clearly take a probation violation over murder charges or accessory to murder charges if the reason is he was drinking, etc...

Who is RL potentially protecting?

(Same old thoughts and discussion over and over...)

I had an incredibly scary and traumatic incident when I was 12, watching my father die suddenly. I could hear someone screaming but I didn't even realize it was me. I couldn't remember the number for 911, I was in a foggy state of shock and my "lizard brain" was totally in control, I had no "higher function" thoughts...The only number I could remember was a woman down the street from us who I was very close to. I wonder if this is what happened for Libby, she was in fear/shock and panicking and maybe hitting record was all she could remember to do...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:grouphug:

Possible motives sending a message, trespassing, silencing, revenge, but what's the oldest motive in the book we see in just about every child murder here? It's SA. I can't think of a case off the top of my head where it's been otherwise, as far as an abduction is concerned (nonparental).

Trespassing and silencing would not signal premeditation however, or at least not a thoroughly planned attack. i.e., the killer wouldn't know that the girls would trespass or see something they shouldn't. One more option I could think of would be a crime of opportunity, but if so that would be a pretty brazen attack, and for what ultimate purpose? SA, IMO. I think that's the most likely scenario, which breaks my heart and I so hope otherwise. But I agree with everything you said

LE has never confirmed that woman's "sightings". She went on FB to post that. I wouldn't go to FB to say those things. JMO

I'm wondering what time the other people actually got there. I've read the girl who said she'd been there supposedly took a picture on the bridge around 3:49 pm, I only say supposedly because I haven't seen the pic/time stamp, but if this is correct - that only gives the time for when she took pic, not how long she was in the area before she took it. I've never seen it mentioned what time she actually got there. She said she saw one guy when she arrived and then another couple once she got on the bridge, but who knows how long the guy was there before she saw him, how long it was after she got there until she got on the bridge or how long the other couple had already been there. Considering the possible time frame for when the girls were killed, seems like he could have been cutting it close on not being caught or seen.

jmo.

One thing about this investigation that has felt weird to me from the beginning is that LE never said anything about how the public should be on the look out for this guy bc he is a cold blooded killer and we are afraid that he could strike again....Just seems off to me, As many times thats one of the first things LE will say(public safety top priority). I just can't figure out if LE had no idea who this guy was, why was there no public plea for a possible crazzed child killer on the loose?

I am sure law enforcement would do so if they could.

I really don't get this abiding blind faith in LE. It's a town of 3000 or so and they've got nada besides of course pics and audio of this guy and perhaps the inside of his murder house. Cases have been solved on far less than this.

So why not show video with the audio redacted ? This prosecution will be a slam dunk once they find him.

We don't know they have nada.

They may have way more than we even imagine.

MOO

Part of me thinks that they are just making sure they have a solid case before they act on it. And yes you could be right and they may well be floundering. But I would like to think they would be pushing this story more in the mainstream media if they were still actively looking for more leads (other than the ones that had been generated by the last request/s)

We'll see. I still do not think RL was involved in any way with these murders. JMO

So, not being snarky, why did LE return to search his property and make sure he was in custody for the probabation violation? They have the FBI and multiple other agencies working the case, along with access to evidence we don't...they ain't no dummies and this ain't their first rodeo...

Again, not saying I think he is BG. Just saying I think they think he might know something at minimum, jmo.

We will see, hopefully!

One thing about this investigation that has felt weird to me from the beginning is that LE never said anything about how the public should be on the look out for this guy bc he is a cold blooded killer and we are afraid that he could strike again....Just seems off to me, As many times thats one of the first things LE will say(public safety top priority). I just can't figure out if LE has no idea who this guy was, why was there no public plea for a possible crazzed child killer on the loose?
This. This is exactly why I feel they were targeted. Revenge? Someone know to the families? I just don't know. JMO

Now LE said in a video RL was not cooperating...why not? I'd clearly take a probation violation over murder charges or accessory to murder charges if the reason is he was drinking, etc...

Edit: page refreshes as I was posting this and I retyped downstream since I didn't see this one posted.

Possible motives sending a message, trespassing, silencing, revenge, but what's the oldest motive in the book we see in just about every child murder here? It's SA. I can't think of a case off the top of my head where it's been otherwise, as far as an abduction is concerned (nonparental).
Hi Margarita25,

I know you have participated on many cases, in your opinion can sexual assault be an added side dish to a revenge killing? And I agree, if it is some kind of revenge homicide then one if the girls was collateral damage.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

JMO...
Maybe he is cooperating with the probation violation, but shutting down because he's covering for/protecting someone in the murder investigation.

Who would he protect? Family? Friend? Someone who has some power over him?

JMO.

We have no idea what they have because they haven't released a lot of info. Videos are not as slam dunk as people think, especially grainy ones like this. Death Row Stories did a great episode on this. Until I started working in the legal field, I thought a video or photo of someone in commission of a crime was solid. It isn't. The only way this (or any case) becomes a slam dunk is good police work and DNA evidence. The more things you release to the public, the more you potentially damage your case. They very likely could have DNA/other forensics that they aren't releasing. I hope they do.

They aren't releasing the video to the public because there isn't any need to, and quite possibly because of the content in it. If someone knew BG, seeing his image or hearing his voice would be enough for that person to identify him. They also could not be releasing the video to be sensitive to the family/victims.

As much as I'd love to know more about this case, they did the right thing by getting the FBI involved right away, and I'm confident they of all people stand the best chance of solving this. Keeping things from the public is frustrating, obviously, but it protects the integrity of the investigation. The most important thing for me is that BG is brought to justice and never hurts another girl again.

Also, I wonder if the FBI was such a presence because maybe a portion of a SA was inadvertantly caught on the audio or recording. Doesn't that automatically fall under their jurisdiction?

I mentioned this over a week ago when this strap was brought up. I wore a similar sling when I had a shoulder injury:
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/31UDvEXZu6L.jpg :dunno:

I could get behind this for one thing. Not knowing the extent of your injury makes this statement even more just my opinion. But if I had a shoulder injury, I would be less likely to handle one person much less two. Unless a gun was used for the scare tactic. But how was your mobility?

Hi Margarita25,

I know you have participated on many cases, in your opinion can sexual assault be an added side dish to a revenge killing? And I agree, if it is some kind of revenge homicide then one if the girls was collateral damage.

This is a good question. IMO a predisposed propensity for pedophelia would have to exist if that makes sense. But I'm not an expert.

Yes, but "things we not adding up" before that.
How many cases have we been on when the police had an interest in someone and locked them up on an unrelated charge until they could sort it all out? Too many in my opinion. This is what got to me here. That and the interviews. I'm still very much open to being completely wrong. I have been enough.

I'm a few pages behind but wanted to say that I didn't know the bridge was not supposed to be crossed. There isn't any signs? Is it just common sense to local people not to cross? Why isn't there barriers now? I'd be on my hands and knees if I had to cross. IMO looks like it's open for adventurer.

One thing about this investigation that has felt weird to me from the beginning is that LE never said anything about how the public should be on the look out for this guy bc he is a cold blooded killer and we are afraid that he could strike again....Just seems off to me, As many times thats one of the first things LE will say(public safety top priority). I just can't figure out if LE had no idea who this guy was, why was there no public plea for a possible crazzed child killer on the loose?

So much YES here. IMO, they could have said 1) what they said and risked another killing 2) saying what they said because they have info about it being a "hit" 3) were believing they would have this guy in no time flat and now kick themselves for not warning the public.

MOO...I'm leaning towards #2...just a feeling and totally my opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member